What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dorial Green-Beckham (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Mel Kiper cautions that Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham is not the same caliber an athlete as Calvin Johnson.
Comparing DGB to Johnson has become more popular recently, but Kiper points out why that's a mistake. "Yes, DGB has the body type of Calvin Johnson, at 6-5 and 237 pounds," Kiper wrote. "But let's remember Megatron ran a 4.35 with a 1.52 10-yard split at 6-5 and 239 pounds. Johnson also had a 42.5-inch vertical. DGB is plenty athletic, with a 4.49 40 time and a 33.5-inch vertical. But he also has off-field questions to answer. Still, the size and skill set (while raw) is tantalizing." Green-Beckam "has the ability to be a similar pro prospect as A.J. Green and earn top-10 grades" based purely on skill, CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes.

Source: ESPN Insider
Feb 28 - 7:47 PM

Does he have to be like Calvin in order to hold value? Why cant he just be DGB?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

An NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham "may even be better than (Amari) Cooper."
"He's the wild card of all of them," said one scout. "He's a first-round talent, no question. He may even be better than (Amari) Cooper. He's that talented. But is there a team that will take a chance on him there?" DGB caught 87 passes for 1,278 yards (14.7) and 17 scores across two seasons at Missouri. Of course, he was kicked out of school after his sophomore season and sat out as a transfer on Oklahoma's campus in 2014. The 6-foot-5, 237-pound Green-Beckham ran 4.49 forty at the combine.

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Mar 1 - 1:43 PM

Rotoworld:

Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham will work out for scouts at the school's March 11 pro day.

The 6-foot-5, 237-pound Green-Beckham ran a 4.49 forty at the combine. "Along with seeing him run the full route tree and catch the ball, NFL teams are eager to see his interaction with the coaches and how he carries himself," noted CBS Sports' Dane Brugler. "Green-Beckham's talent isn't a question, but his reliability is and the receiver could help himself considerably by simply being on time, hustling and following through with every drill asked of him. The sky is the limit, but it's up to DGB to sell himself as a sound investment." Scouts figure to see the absolute best version of Green-Beckham on Wednesday. His behavior that day is a talking point, but it shouldn't be factored into his evaluation. Remember the last big job interview you had? Did you act better or worse than you do in normal life? Was that version of yourself indicative of anything outside of a good faith effort to show you were seriously interested in working that job?

Source: CBS Sports
Mar 9 - 9:40 PM

You should hope Parker lands in a good spot so some will take him at 1.5 otherwise if he falls to a crappy situation, I could see GALACTUS being the 3rd WR taken (or definitely gone by the 1.5 assuming the RB duo goes early)

You should hope Parker lands in a good spot so some will take him at 1.5 otherwise if he falls to a crappy situation, I could see GALACTUS being the 3rd WR taken (or definitely gone by the 1.5 assuming the RB duo goes early)
the more I study Parker, the more Im considering taking him w my 2 pick.

No joke.

I was all-in on White, but Im stating to waver

well you know what i mean, regardless of how you rate Parker, White, and Cooper, you should hope all 3 land in good spots. When one doesn't, more and more people will start looking at Galactus at 1.5.

well you know what i mean, regardless of how you rate Parker, White, and Cooper, you should hope all 3 land in good spots. When one doesn't, more and more people will start looking at Galactus at 1.5.
Unless Strong goes to a good spot. Then people will take him over DGB.

He's probably gone by 1.06 at the latest but I would trade the pick if it was me. He's to risky. Crazy upside but meh. He's 50/50 to be out of the league in two years.

He's probably gone by 1.06 at the latest but I would trade the pick if it was me. He's to risky. Crazy upside but meh. He's 50/50 to be out of the league in two years.
I'm at 1.6 in one league and am hoping someone falls in love with him and offers me a trade down and a future 1st.

Rotoworld:

The Seahawks were reportedly "digging into" Missouri WR Dorial Green-Beckham before the Jimmy Graham trade.
The Graham trade won't necessarily take Green-Beckham off Seattle's radar. In Chris Matthews, the Seahawks got to see how Russell Wilson could perform with a contested-catch-winning wide receiver in the Super Bowl. Green-Beckham is 6-foot-5 and 237 pounds. Yahoo's Charles Robinson suggests "DGB" could become a target for the Seahawks if he falls into the second round.

Related: Seahawks

Source: Charles Robinson on Twitter
Mar 16 - 5:44 PM

man, I don't see nfl teams taking a risk that high in the draft. there are a few nfl darling teams that won't get fried for doing so. Crowell albiet less talented went undrafted with fewer issues.

Does this surprise you? He is going to get that comp based on size and athletic ability, not anything hes done football wise. May not be accurate but a lot of people want it to be, so youre gonna see this a lot
No. Not surprised. I just found it funny that they knock DGB for needing to catch with his hands better then go on to compare him to Megatron who has some of the strongest, pillow hands in the league.

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Sooners

Football Outsiders' Playmaker Score disappointingly ranks WR Dorial Green-Beckham as the No. 13 receiver in the class and offers Jonathan Baldwin and Yatil Green as similar historical prospects.

We'll allow FO's Nathan Forster to explain. "Playmaker Score sometimes has trouble with players like Green-Beckham, who had limited college action and thus are less likely to produce a sample size sufficiently meaningful to forecast their futures," Forster wrote. "However, Green-Beckham was not particularly impressive in either of his two seasons of college football." Indeed, DGB had only had only 883 receiving yards during his sophomore season, the most productive of his two campaigns, even though Missouri passed 414 times that year. As Forster pointed out, L'Damian Washington (893 yards) was actually the team's No. 1 receiver that year: "In contrast to Green-Beckham's high draft grade this year, Washington went undrafted in 2014 and has been kicking around various practice squads. Granted, Washington didn't run a 4.49 40-yard dash at 6-5, 237 pounds, but the point is that Green-Beckham's lack of elite production is a red flag in our model."

Mar 29 - 6:39 PM

Rotoworld:

Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham is scheduled to visit the Vikings, according to Darren Wolfson.
There are many different layers of "troubled," and just like "character concerns" the term sits on a spectrum. Many teams likely feel DGB fits in both categories, but Mike Zimmer took on "red flag" players while with the Vikings. It is difficult to project where Green-Beckham is drafted, but expect him to not make it out of the second-round.

Source: Darren Wolfson on Twitter
Mar 30 - 10:42 AM

His 237 pound weight bothers me. If he showed up at 240 he would have been labelled as fat and lazy, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was above 240 a few days before the combine and cut the 3 pounds which is easy enough to do in a day or two. Instead of matching Calvins weight he had plenty of time to strive to match Calvins field measureables, with DGB in the low 230s where he should have been it would have put him at 4.40 and a 2-3 inch higher vertical.

Rotoworld:

SPN's Kevin Weidl compares Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham to Demaryius Thomas.

"Green-Beckham compares well to Benjamin and Evans due to his freakish measurables and ability to create one-on-one mismatches in contested situations," Weidl wrote. "However, the player I see more of on tape is Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas. Green-Beckham is slightly taller but similar to Thomas coming out of Georgia Tech; both had raw athleticism but needed polish and weren't asked to run the entire route tree in college." On the basis of measurables and numbers, John Parolin of the Stats & Information Group sees Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans as comparables. "Beckham is 6-5 and 237 pounds with a 4.49 40 and 6.89 3-cone drill -- not an easy guy to compare other players to," he wrote. "He is Benjamin's height and weight (with smaller arms/hands/wingspan), with similar jumping numbers but faster (Benjamin was 4.61 in the 40) and quicker (Benjamin posted a 7.33 3-cone time). At almost 6-5 and 231 pounds, Evans' height-weight combination is similar but he

Apr 5 - 11:04 PM

His 237 pound weight bothers me. If he showed up at 240 he would have been labelled as fat and lazy
At 6'5"? Lol what.
Josh Norris lists DGB as the 14th best player of the draft.

-----

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/53209/325/norris-nfl-draft-big-board?pg=1

14. WR Dorial Green-Beckham, Oklahoma (Age: 22)

Where He Wins: Wins in the big (catch point in contested situations) and small (separation and yards after catch) receiver games. Plays like a specimen at the position and there seems to be a lot of natural ability to work with, at a position where natural ability often separates great from good.

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Sooners

CBS draft analysts are perfectly split on who the Texans will take at No. 16 overall.

Analyst Frank Cooney mentions Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham as a perfect fit in Houston. "The 6-5, 237-pound DGB boasts a Calvin Johnson-like skillset but could drop to the 16th pick due to off-field questions," Cooney wrote. "Even prior to his guiding Houston to an eight game improvement in 2014, Bill O'Brien showed remarkable coaching ability at Penn State in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky scandal. His ability to mentor could give Houston more confidence in gambling on a perceived character risk like Green-Beckham (or Washington cornerback Marcus Peters)." As for CBS' other projections, Rob Rang slots Houston Shane Ray (DE, Missouri), Dane Brugler gives them Malcom Brown (DT, Texas) and Pete Prisco projects Jaelen Strong (WR, Arizona State).

Source: CBS Sports

Apr 8 - 8:47 PM

So here in Springfield, MO - today on our local sports radio show, they said over the past week the Rams have sent 'several' private investigators to ask a 'ton' of different people questions about DGB.

So here in Springfield, MO - today on our local sports radio show, they said over the past week the Rams have sent 'several' private investigators to ask a 'ton' of different people questions about DGB.
This would be for the 2nd round IMO. A lot of teams will find him an interesting risk/reward if he is there in the 2nd.

I don't see him making it out of the 1st either. To much upside. He's 50/50 to be out of the league in 3 years though......

Kiper's mock doesn't have him in the first but he has Devin Funchess going to the Bengals. Not sure if that makes sense. Bengals haven't shied away from taking players with questionable character before.

I don't see him making it out of the 1st either. To much upside. He's 50/50 to be out of the league in 3 years though......
So, which side of the 50/50 coin does he land on? The Kelvin Benjamin or Da'Rick Rodgers side?

Either way, I can't imagine he makes it past top 10 in fantasy drafts, pending on where some of these RBs land.

So, which side of the 50/50 coin does he land on? The Kelvin Benjamin or Da'Rick Rodgers side?Either way, I can't imagine he makes it past top 10 in fantasy drafts, pending on where some of these RBs land.
Nobody knows. It depends on where he is drafted and what kind of work ethic/dedication he develops. I'm staying away because he isn't athletically so gifted (like Calvin) where I can overlook the off the field issues, the lack of polish in his game and a whole year away from the game.

Users who are viewing this thread