What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Chat With our Draftniks Matt Waldman and Sigmund Bloom Tonight D (1 Viewer)

So at this point, are we assuming that Bowers' knee is literally hamburger meat? The kid was the # 1 pick in the draft after Luck bowed out.
I keep hearing he cleared medically. At this point - you have to guess we'll have an interesting tidbit surface post draft.Somethings up.
Dunno man, NFL Sirius was saying "bone on bone" yesterday. Hard to imagine there's not at least a risk of that, for every team to have passed him up.

So at this point, are we assuming that Bowers' knee is literally hamburger meat? The kid was the # 1 pick in the draft after Luck bowed out.
I keep hearing he cleared medically. At this point - you have to guess we'll have an interesting tidbit surface post draft.Somethings up.
Dunno man, NFL Sirius was saying "bone on bone" yesterday. Hard to imagine there's not at least a risk of that, for every team to have passed him up.
Yeah, I don't know. Totally not what I had been hearing - at this point you're right - SOMETHING has to be up. I had a very angry Jets fan near me when the pick happened. He wanted Bowers not Wilkerson. It was amusing. Us jets fans - can't win with us.

Yeah, I don't know. Totally not what I had been hearing - at this point you're right - SOMETHING has to be up. I had a very angry Jets fan near me when the pick happened. He wanted Bowers not Wilkerson. It was amusing. Us jets fans - can't win with us.
I doubt the Jets would see Bowers as a fit. They need someone explosive, but that's not really Bowers' game. He wouldn't provide nearly as much as Suggs did for Ryan in Baltimore. Wilkerson is a better player for their scheme, though clearly less exciting a name.

'LHUCKS said:
'Aaron Rudnicki said:
'krsone21 said:
'Aaron Rudnicki said:
'Jene Bramel said:
Clayborn over Jordan pretty surprising to me.
that's a head scratcher.
Why a head scratcher, last year he was talked as a top 10 pick. I don't get all this hate for Clayborn. He will be one hell of a player.
medical risk, disappointing season. not a big reach though as he could be better than the other guys who most had ranked higher.
:goodposting: , 3.5 sacks his senior year...don't like it at all...2nd round value in the first round...oof
11.5 his junior year. :shrug:I'm not second guessing Mark Dominik the way he's been drafting the last couple years.Josh FreemanRoy MillerE.J. BiggersSammie StroughterGerald McCoyBrian PriceArrelious BennMike WilliamsMyron LewisCody GrimmQuite a few productive players for the Bucs lately under Dominik's watch, including picking up Blount. I'm not going to question his eye for evaluating talent.

Thanks to Matt and Sigmund and to all the Shark Poolers and thanks as well to the FBG Staffers jumping in. This was a great Thursday night thread.

Let's do the same thing tonight as you guys cover and throw out thoughts on Rounds 2 and 3. Thanks.

J

Thanks to Matt and Sigmund and to all the Shark Poolers and thanks as well to the FBG Staffers jumping in. This was a great Thursday night thread. Let's do the same thing tonight as you guys cover and throw out thoughts on Rounds 2 and 3. Thanks.J
:thumbup: I loved it. Loved hearing from the Staffers in real-time.

don't remember where I read it today, but someone thought Watkins was the safest pick in the draft and the player most likely to be in next year's Pro Bowl.
gosselin's mock?* completely unrelated, i think ingram was lowest selected first RB since the merger?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Matt and Sigmund and to all the Shark Poolers and thanks as well to the FBG Staffers jumping in. This was a great Thursday night thread. Let's do the same thing tonight as you guys cover and throw out thoughts on Rounds 2 and 3. Thanks.J
This thread was so much better than the TV broadcasts.

Loved this thread last night and hope to get more of the same today with staffers and board members bringing their thoughts on their teams drafts as well. Bring on the second round. :football:

At this point, I'm happy to see New England trade back. I used to hate it, (because they always get great value) but now I'm all for it.As a Jet fan, I just see it as one more first round talent that won't be on the team for a year of Tom Brady's career. At some point, you actually have to pick a player.
:goodposting:I started saying this when they traded Seymour for a future pick. Their time is now, Brady wont be there forever. I dont understand why they keep pushing picks back year after year, but it doesnt bother me. Also extremely happy the Patriots didnt draft Ingram

At this point, I'm happy to see New England trade back. I used to hate it, (because they always get great value) but now I'm all for it.As a Jet fan, I just see it as one more first round talent that won't be on the team for a year of Tom Brady's career. At some point, you actually have to pick a player.
:goodposting:I started saying this when they traded Seymour for a future pick. Their time is now, Brady wont be there forever. I dont understand why they keep pushing picks back year after year, but it doesnt bother me. Also extremely happy the Patriots didnt draft Ingram
The pats understand 'the draft' much more than other teams. Other teams shed picks to the pats to reach and take guys, while the pats just take an assload of quality 2-4th round guys that are about as good (if not better) than the guy the other teams reach for.

The pats understand 'the draft' much more than other teams. Other teams shed picks to the pats to reach and take guys, while the pats just take an assload of quality 2-4th round guys that are about as good (if not better) than the guy the other teams reach for.
Agreed, its just once Brady is gone in 5 or so years these extra picks wont be as important since they wont have a QB to give them a chance

Is there something goin on tonight with Waldman & Bloom?
Many of us are planning to be here again tonight. Without the live Audible show, Bloom and Waldman should be around much more.
Since you are here... :excited: whats you medical take on De'qwon Bowers etc...
Too many teams in need of a pass rusher passed on him for there not to be something to the "bone-on-bone" condition. Don't know what to make of the loose MCL/PCL report from this afternoon. Every meniscal injury is different, so it's possible that he'd be able to play for a handful of years at a high level with minimal cleanouts or he may need microfracture surgery the next time he's rolled up on in the pile.He's not a stud speed rusher, but he's plenty talented enough for someone to take the risk early in the second round.

2 mins to go time... whats the first big jaw dropping announcement?
Patriots trading their pick for a 2012 first rounder. I think they are building to a future draft where they have ten first rounders at this rate. Will they ever take them all?

I'm gonna say, Raiders trade with NE for the 2.01 and takes Colin Kaepernick.

Terrific pick by NE here. First-round quality for sure, medical issue was the only real hang-up. Wanted him for the Steelers if not Heyward

Dowling. Very good pick. Patriots young defense keeps getting better. This is going to be quite a defense soon.

Pretty big difference in watches between today and yesterday. I think that strap was only leather...

Aaron Williams is kind of baffling... no spot for him at FS with Byrd there. Bills swinging for a double here. Would have hoped their scouting department/Nix had found something in one of Dalton/Kaep/Mallett that they thought merited the pick. Cincy gets Dalton if all the buzz is to be believed.

Bengals going quick here. If it's Dalton, I drop Green under Julio. Matt Ryan vs an average-armed rookie? No contest.

Users who are viewing this thread