What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft day "regerts", 2023 edition (1 Viewer)

Never agree to a draft date/time that’s got too quick a turnaround after work. Mine was set for 8pm last Sunday and I finished work at 6pm. Problem was it was an Asian Tour Golf event in St Andrews and it went to an almost world record breaking playoff of 10 holes. They just kept birdieing the 18th hole par 5 on repeat. I’m lucky my last camera position was 16F/W but instead of drafting from my hotel room with a laptop and my printed out rankings I had to draft off my phone with rankings printed out by the production office on site, on a moving coach with a pencil that kept breaking 😂

Do you work at St. Andrews?

Amongst a host of other things, I’m a free-lance golf cameraman that works on the DP world tour, Asian tour and events like the Open and Ryder Cup

My only regret in my draft today is that my son (who drafted either 2 picks ahead of or 2 picks behind me in each round) grabbed Mark Andrews when I wanted him. My hope is that I grabbed at least 2 players he wanted. I'll find out tomorrow. If he wins the league and Andrews really goes off this year I'm changing my will. He will NOT get the 2-year supply of Melba Toast in my safe.

Provisional regert: Picked No. 1 in a 14-team 0.5 PPR with 6pt passing TDs. At the 4/5 turn was really close to taking JHerbert, but was worried my WRs were a little weak (Metcalf/Aiyuk to that point), so I took D-Hop instead, then Tua at the 6/7 turn. I'll find out soon enough if that was a big mistake.

Also kind of regretting taking two Niners (CMC and Aiyuk). Like both of them individually, but having a RB/WR from the same team could limit my upside, especially if Purdy turns back into a pumpkin

Provisional regert: Picked No. 1 in a 14-team 0.5 PPR with 6pt passing TDs. At the 4/5 turn was really close to taking JHerbert, but was worried my WRs were a little weak (Metcalf/Aiyuk to that point), so I took D-Hop instead, then Tua at the 6/7 turn. I'll find out soon enough if that was a big mistake.

Also kind of regretting taking two Niners (CMC and Aiyuk). Like both of them individually, but having a RB/WR from the same team could limit my upside, especially if Purdy turns back into a pumpkin
Oh, I also regret not checking the league before the draft and realizing the commissioner had let in two new people, so what had for years been a 12-teamer was now 14. But really, I put that on the commish for not giving us a heads up

Oh, I also regret not checking the league before the draft and realizing the commissioner had let in two new people, so what had for years been a 12-teamer was now 14. But really, I put that on the commish for not giving us a heads up
That's kind of a **** move by the commish to add people without other members' consent.

More than ever this year, I drafted with my heart. I've been a Washington fan since birth (70s) and I've taken Dotson, McLaurin, Gibson, and Robinson in a TON of leagues (and Howell as a backup almost everywhere) I really believe in the culture change, the black cloud being removed once Dan Snyder was out, and I LOVE what EB has brought to this team with his energy. That being said, IF they struggle and aren't a good offensive team, I'm going to really regret not diversifying my teams. The other players I went nuts acquiring were Lawrence and London. Fingers crossed.

Decided to count my shares, I'm in 13 dynasty leagues and 6 redraft leagues. I own Sam Howell in 11 leagues, B-Robinson in 10, Gibson in 11, Terry in 10, Dotson in 11, and Turner (my sleeper TE crush) in 13, :wub: :homer:

Last edited:
More than ever this year, I drafted with my heart. I've been a Washington fan since birth (70s) and I've taken Dotson, McLaurin, Gibson, and Robinson in a TON of leagues (and Howell as a backup almost everywhere) I really believe in the culture change, the black cloud being removed once Dan Snyder was out, and I LOVE what EB has brought to this team with his energy. That being said, IF they struggle and aren't a good offensive team, I'm going to really regret not diversifying my teams. The other players I went nuts acquiring were Lawrence and London. Fingers crossed.

Decided to count my shares, I'm in 13 dynasty leagues and 6 redraft leagues. I own Sam Howell in 11 leagues, B-Robinson in 10, Gibson in 11, Terry in 10, Dotson in 11, and Turner (my sleeper TE crush) in 13, :wub: :homer:
I'd be perfectly fine with Howell as my starting QB.
But half my league went to UNC, so he won't go as cheap as he will in most. I'd love him to be my $1 starter, but he'll go for at least $3-4. Possibly more if certain people sit on too much money.

I think Howell is as good anybody after Lawrence/Richardson.

It's got to be Kupp for me...i thought he was the steal of the draft in the early 2nd (modified keeper league - 1/2 point ppr)

I'm very concerned it's now going to be a disaster

I'd be perfectly fine with Howell as my starting QB.
But half my league went to UNC, so he won't go as cheap as he will in most. I'd love him to be my $1 starter, but he'll go for at least $3-4. Possibly more if certain people sit on too much money.

I think Howell is as good anybody after Lawrence/Richardson.

I have the Lawrence/Howell combo in almost every redraft league (only variance was taking Fields instead of Lawrence in 1 league) I love having that duo!

That's kind of a **** move by the commish to add people without other members' consent.
Damn. Never been in a league where that is not a league vote. I'd prolly move on. I need a certain amount of structure in a league. I'm weird.

My two QB's in my best ball league have a week 13 bye on an other wise great team. Maybe I can survive it, who knows.

Damn. Never been in a league where that is not a league vote. I'd prolly move on. I need a certain amount of structure in a league. I'm weird.
It's a family league we've had for nearly 20 years (commish is my cousin). No stakes. He should have said something, but I'm not going to get too mad about it.

It's a family league we've had for nearly 20 years (commish is my cousin). No stakes. He should have said something, but I'm not going to get too mad about it.
I get it now. Ha ha. I got that one squirrelly cousin.

Ah gotcha. Yea no money family leagues are a bit different.

What's the big deal? It's more money in the pot. It doesn't really change much. All teams are diluted and having more teams helps give more of an advantage to those that know what they are doing as the talent is more diluted.

What's the big deal? It's more money in the pot. It doesn't really change much. All teams are diluted and having more teams helps give more of an advantage to those that know what they are doing as the talent is more diluted.
I think your missing my point. To make that major of a change without speaking to rest of league is very third world country. Ha ha. It's a family league so in this specific case I get it But. If this is one of the leagues where I invest 1000 dollars I prefer democracy over Hitler rules.

I think your missing my point. To make that major of a change without speaking to rest of league is very third world country. Ha ha. It's a family league so in this specific case I get it But. If this is one of the leagues where I invest 1000 dollars I prefer democracy over Hitler rules.
I didn't miss your point. I get it but I don't think it's that big of deal. I typically always want more teams in a league because I think I benefit from that.

Probably will end up being nothing since it was the end of the draft, but after drafting Tua as my starting QB, I wanted to draft a second to hedge against injury risk. When it came to my final pick, Jordan Love was available, which fit my definition of a high-upside guy. But then I realized two things: a) This league has open waivers, so it's usually not too hard to find someone, and b) Van Jefferson was still available, and he potentially has at least a few weeks as the Rams' WR1. So I went with VaJayJay.

What I didn't realize was that Love would end up getting (auto-)drafted as the QB2 for the one team that is notorious for not turning over its roster. So there's a good chance that, even if he does turn into a solid starter, Love will spend the whole season rotting on this guy's bench.

Like I said, lot of hypotheticals, and there's a good chance neither of those guys ends up being fantasy relevant. Still, I should have seen that outcome coming

Never fall into the trap that doing mock drafts on a website is a good approximation of your league. Every league/draft is different. I have almost 20 years of data on my league and every year I go into it thinking this is how I see the draft playing out. Every year I'm amazed at how wrong I am.
Maybe it’s time to start a new dataset?

In my fairly large stakes local league (almost 25 years !), 0.5 PPR and 6 point passing TDs, I started my draft (from the # 6 slot) with Tyreek hill, then went Josh Allen, Calvin Ridley, Aaron Jones and Brandon Aiyuk. And so, even though I only had 1 RB at that time, in the 6th round, instead of taking the shot with Javonte Williams, I picked Hockenson instead (TE counts as WR in my league). That, and taking JuJu in the 10th (didn't know his knee was ready to "explode") instead of Tank Bigsby or DeVon Achane are my two biggest regerts

Anyone here listen to the Fantasy Footballers Podcast? They had a line the other day that would make a great title for this thread next year (if I didn't think it would get me banned). They were conducting a mock draft, and Jason took Pitts. He said the best strategy for drafting Pitts was to only do it in mock drafts, because in a real draft you take him and realize you will actually have to live with the consequences. To which Mike piped in, "Post draft clarity!" :lmao:

Draft day regerts..................

I'm drafting in 20 minutes in my last league (err maybe). I drew #1 overall, which I never really want.
It is a start 3WRs/mandatory 10 teamer.
Justin Jefferson welcome to my team. I'm gonna regert this one, I can smell it.

AVOID BOYS~! :wall:

I'm drafting in 20 minutes in my last league (err maybe). I drew #1 overall, which I never really want.

AVOID BOYS~! :wall:
Draft Chase.
Oops, too late!

Drafting Dallas Goedert with Waller and Pitts still on the board.
I already had Drake London from ATL so didn't want to overlap there ... and I had my heart set on getting a piece of the PHI offense
... now regerts.

So your 1st 10 picks & scoring for your league??
curious.

So your 1st 10 picks & scoring for your league??
curious.

Its a 10 teamer standard. (start 3 WRs though and no flex, everything else is normal)

I drafted from the #1 slot...........
#1 - Justin Jefferson
#2 - Dameon Pierce (my guy, was going in rd 2 or 3 to me regardless)
# 3 - Aaron Jones
#4 - Keenan Allen (I knew this would be my last chance at another elite wide out)
#5 - Justin Herbert
#6 - Javonte Williams
#7 - Alvin Kamara
#8 - Kyle Pitts
#9 - Mike Evans
#10 - Samaje Perine
#11 - Rashod Bateman
#12 - New Orleans DEF
#13 - Tyjae Spears
#14 - Harrison Butker
#15 - Clyde Edwards Helaire
#16 - Jerick McKinnon

(I have since dropped Jerick Mickinnon and snagged Devin Singletary)

I know this isn't the appropriate thread, but I'm happy with it. (I'm higher on Pierce than most)
I figure I might lose a little ground to 2 stud RBs, but whatever I lose there, I feel like I am beating the league at WR. (I might even package Kamara when he comes back + something for an elite RB if I can get it)

REGERTS - I was almost regretting Harrison Butker, but he did snag 2 FGs later in the game.
But as commissioner in a couple leagues, I have been hearing plenty of regerts from the Jonathan Taylor and Kelce drafters.

:football:

Starting to regert taking Kupp over Keenan Allen and Mike Williams in my contract league. The veteran WRs available were pretty thin this year.

Users who are viewing this thread