What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft DVD? (1 Viewer)

ConstruxBoy

Kate's Daddy
I saw an ad for a DVD showing highlights of draft-eligible players. It's by a company named 4th and Goal films. I seem to remember them offering it last year as well. Anyone getting this? Anyone get it last year?

yes, construx...

i didn't get it last year... when i divided up time by prospects covered, it seemed sketchy... like only about 1 minute per player...

decided to get this year... it IS only about that long per player...

but it covers positions about 10 deep... it will be nice for parsing all those obscure RBs & WRs...

though brief, it is professionally done with insightful commentary from baldinger...

nice menu organized by position & player easy to navigate...

it helped me with a recent writing assignment... i'd recommend, since it is only $20... i liked it enough i'll definitely be reordering in 2007... just don't be disappointed that there aren't 5 minute highlight reelsw per player...

as defense writer, i found coverage invaluable...

this has everybody (including OL)... for offense only leagues & needs, there may be a lot on there you won't have use for.

yes, construx...

i didn't get it last year... when i divided up time by prospects covered, it seemed sketchy... like only about 1 minute per player...

decided to get this year... it IS only about that long per player...

but it covers positions about 10 deep... it will be nice for parsing all those obscure RBs & WRs...

though brief, it is professionally done with insightful commentary from baldinger...

nice menu organized by position & player easy to navigate...

it helped me with a recent writing assignment... i'd recommend, since it is only $20... i liked it enough i'll definitely be reordering in 2007... just don't be disappointed that there aren't 5 minute highlight reelsw per player...

as defense writer, i found coverage invaluable...

this has everybody (including OL)... for offense only leagues & needs, there may be a lot on there you won't have use for.
Great, thanks for the info Bob!

If anyone else has Comcast on Demand, they have a big section on the NFL Combine and it shows alot of the prospects and some of the tests that they do. Its fairly interesting. Although it might be a repeat of what the NFL Network offers.

4th and goal films has sent these out to stations the last 2 years. I haven't seen this year's version yet. It HAS to be better with Brian Baldinger on board.

Last season the guy didn't sound very convincing when going over the player's attributes.

Decent buy, but I have a ton of film on most all these guys anyway.

4th and goal films has sent these out to stations the last 2 years. I haven't seen this year's version yet. It HAS to be better with Brian Baldinger on board.

Last season the guy didn't sound very convincing when going over the player's attributes.

yeah, that's the thing. I have little film on guys, so even a one minute highlight package would help.

can you reccomend another product? If somebody was smart, the'yd see the immense popularity of fantasy football and put out an in depth scouting DVD on fantasy football skill position players. As an avid fan, the hungrier I get for knowledge, the more disappointed I am in the quantity and quality of stuff avalable.

Why doesn't FBG's do something like this? Or a FF draft show? With the talent assembled here I think it would kick ###.

How does this 4th &Goal DVD break up the defense? Is it by your basic DL / LB / DB... or DE / DT / ILB / OLB / CB / SS / FS?

Last edited by a moderator:
How does this 4th &Goal DVD break up the defense? Is it by your basic DL / LB / DB... or DE / DT / ILB / OLB / CB / SS / FS?
the former... but it goes 10 deep (approx), so you get nice representative cross section of best prospects from each positional "sub-section".

How does this 4th &Goal DVD break up the defense?  Is it by your basic DL / LB / DB... or DE / DT / ILB / OLB / CB / SS / FS?
the former... but it goes 10 deep (approx), so you get nice representative cross section of best prospects from each positional "sub-section".
So...just so I'm clear on this Bob... it has the top 10 DL / Top 10 LB's and Top 10 DB's.

thats right, rozelle...

i realized that was pretty confusing how i phrased it when i read it back & even I didn't understand what i had said... :)

so there are about 10 DL, 10 LB & 10 DB (on defense... offense covered, too)...

i found it pretty representative of the top DE AND DT within DL category... etc...

as i recall (i don't have in front of me), there may not be exactly 5 OLB & 5 ILB... but top guys at MLB/ILB like d'qwell jackson & abdul hodge were covered... there may be more than 5 OLBs...

hope that helps...

thats right, rozelle...

i realized that was pretty confusing how i phrased it when i read it back & even I didn't understand what i had said... :)

so there are about 10 DL, 10 LB & 10 DB (on defense... offense covered, too)...

i found it pretty representative of the top DE AND DT within DL category... etc...

as i recall (i don't have in front of me), there may not be exactly 5 OLB & 5 ILB... but top guys at MLB/ILB like d'qwell jackson & abdul hodge were covered... there may be more than 5 OLBs...

hope that helps...
Thanks Bob

I picked this up and watched it last weekend. Very impressive. So far it is the best video resource I've seen. Most shows tend to focus on the commentary, and not on the film. In this case, there really is a focus on film and the talk-over commentary identifies the strengths/weakness of the players as seen in the film.

What I found most useful was the ability to quickly view all player film at a particular position. For example, viewing the RB class this year, you can easily see how the different players compare. It wasn't until I watched the players in this manner that I truly saw how much Reggie Bush stands out.

It's a cheap buy at $20 and I highly recommend it. (Unless you're in one of my leagues, in which case it sucks and you should not waste your time)

It wasn't until I watched the players in this manner that I truly saw how much Reggie Bush stands out.
Ive watched this DVD and I totally disagree the player who really stands out to me is RB Deangelo Williams I mean he looks like a mix of emmitt and Barry. he looks like Barry Sanders but with more speed. Just look at the way he seems to hit another gear once he sees daylight I think he will be a better NFL RB than Reggie Bush by far!!

Users who are viewing this thread