What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DRAFT] FBG Polling Mock (1 Viewer)

Bill will win the argument with JJ, so who does he take?

• Manny Lawson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donte Whitner

• Tye Hill

• Gabe Watson

• John McCargo

• Claude Wroten

• Kamerion Wimbley

• Jason Allen

• DeAngelo Williams

• D'Qwell Jackson

• Chad Greenway

• Eric Winston

• Marcus McNiell

• Nick Mangold

• Bobby Carpenter

• Total voters

Chaos Commish

Footballguy
1.18 Dallas Taking VOTES

1.01 Texans Reggie Bush 80%

1.02 Saints D'Brick Ferguson 54%

1.03 Titans Matt Leinart 81%

1.04 Jets Mario Williams 86%

1.05 Packers AJ Hawk 73%

1.06 49ers Vernon Davis 70%

1.07 Raiders Vince Young 59%

1.08 Bills Winston Justice 58%

1.09 Lions Michael Huff 54%

1.10 Cardinals Jay Cutler 46%

1.11 Rams Haloti Ngata 48%

1.12 Browns Brodrick Bunkley 44%

1.13 Ravens Jimmy Williams 45%

1.14 Eagles Chad Jackson 27%

1.15 Broncos Santonio Holmes* 37%

1.16 Dolphins Antonio Cromartie 22%

1.17 Vikings Ernie Sims 52%

Last edited by a moderator:
Is trade down an option? With Lawson, Wimbley, and Carpenter on tbe board, I'm pretty sure the JJ and Tuna would try.

The rumor was that they would try to trade up for Huff. If that's the case, and they don't get them, it seems to me that Jason Allen would be the pick.

The rumor was that they would try to trade up for Huff. If that's the case, and they don't get them, it seems to me that Jason Allen would be the pick.
that rumor was pretty fishy though. It felt more like a Texas homerism to me. It was nothing more than Huff saying he was a Cowboy fan, and Dallas has a need despite resigning Davis, and no quotes or comments from anyone close to the Cowboys. Just something nice for Longhorn/Cowboy fans to think about while bored.Not much of a rumor and I ain't buying it.

I have changed my mind about their pick prolly 5 times. For me right now on this board I rank them:

Wimbley

Carpenter

Lawson

Allen

If the board looked like this.....I am confident we could trade down.

The rumor was that they would try to trade up for Huff.  If that's the case, and they don't get them, it seems to me that Jason Allen would be the pick.
that rumor was pretty fishy though. It felt more like a Texas homerism to me. It was nothing more than Huff saying he was a Cowboy fan, and Dallas has a need despite resigning Davis, and no quotes or comments from anyone close to the Cowboys. Just something nice for Longhorn/Cowboy fans to think about while bored.Not much of a rumor and I ain't buying it.
:shrug: I agree. Still, I think they're serious about drafting away that centerfielder need. In the first round.

I voted for Wimbley on a strong hunch, but Lawson would be fine. They're pretty similar. I think Ware had the mental stuff Parcells looks for last year, and thus they took him controversially before Merriman. Wimbley over Lawson would be more of the same.

The rumor was that they would try to trade up for Huff.  If that's the case, and they don't get them, it seems to me that Jason Allen would be the pick.
:goodposting: He is a talent....but not at the 18th pick.

:shrug: I agree. Still, I think they're serious about drafting away that centerfielder need. In the first round.
I think they should take McNeill or Winston, whomever tests better (including the medical stuff), but I'm convinced they won't. My second pick would be Jason Allen or Whitner based on the same evaluations, but I doubt they do that either. My third pick would be Watson, that ain't happening. All signs point to another hybrid LB for the 3-4.

If Dallas trades up, it won't be very far. They don't have the ammo to go real high up. And certainly not for a deep safety.

Andy, go to Dallascowboys.com and click on Mickey Spagnola's recent articles. He lays out very nicely the cost of moving up for Huff.

Now I could see them moving up to maybe 15 if somehow Justice, Ngata, or Huff were to drop. Denver would probably be happy to get Greg Ellis and #18. But I have trouble seeing them move much further up.

It Is What It IS, Howard should probably be on the list as well. But I doubt he rates higher than the Lawson/Wimbley/Carpenter trio.

I think they go Wimbley as well.

the 3 olbs here would be ideal for them to plug in and play(Wimbley, Carpenter, Lawson).

Wouldn't rule out them taking a cb if there is one they are in love with. Strong possiblity for a trade down.

I voted for Wimbley on a strong hunch, but Lawson would be fine. They're pretty similar. I think Ware had the mental stuff Parcells looks for last year, and thus they took him controversially before Merriman. Wimbley over Lawson would be more of the same.
Voted Wimbley here.I was on the Lawson Kool Aid for a while. The more I read though, I have doubts.

Too 1 dimensional and reliant on the speed rush.

I think he projects more as a WOLB.

Ware does not make an ideal SOLB either.

Lawson imo...will struggle against the run lining up on the strong side vs. bigger TE's.

Lawson is known more for his athletic ability than his football ability.

Wimbley=great character and work ethic. A Football first guy. Above average speed and size. With a tiny bit of a nasty streak!!!! Wimbley just looks the part. More well rounded and will play the run better in a tough NFC East Division that has 2 very good runners in it (Portis and Barber) Westbrook is OK.

Andy, if they draft DB in the first, it will be a corner. I have seen that JJ has mentioned corner as a possible draft spot.

I personally don't understand that pick. But perhaps they move Henry to FS (despite being paid premier corner money) and put a Cromartie in there at corner. Again, it doesnt make a lot of sense to me, but thats some things that I have read.

I'll be very disappointed if they take Allen in the first. Huge injury risk. Really hard to justify that value for a guy who again, will be a deep safety.

I read something today that surprised me. McNeill has not allowed a sack in his last 41 games. Almost 4 seasons against SEC competition and he doesnt allow a sack. WOW! And with his size, you know he can run block. Hmmmmmm......

Voted Wimbley here.I was on the Lawson Kool Aid for a while. The more I read though, I have doubts.

Too 1 dimensional and reliant on the speed rush.

I think he projects more as a WOLB.

Ware does not make an ideal SOLB either.

Lawson imo...will struggle against the run lining up on the strong side vs. bigger TE's.

Lawson is known more for his athletic ability than his football ability.

Wimbley=great character and work ethic. A Football first guy. Above average speed and size. With a tiny bit of a nasty streak!!!! Wimbley just looks the part. More well rounded and will play the run better in a tough NFC East Division that has 2 very good runners in it (Portis and Barber) Westbrook is OK.
I think we see this exactly the same. One thing that benefits Wimbley as I hear it, is how smoothly he transitioned in LB drills, while Lawson was a little stubborn and insists he's a DE. If that's all true, he's a 4-3 DE and not for Dallas. I do think he can be an excellent 4-3 DE though, and maybe he can convert, but he's just a little stubborn about it.

All that said, I agree with the Wimbley analysis. He's likely their #1, followed by Carpenter, then Lawson. Basically because of their ability to play strongside. Ware will probably be better equiped to do it next season, however, with a year in the off-season conditioning program under his belt. We'll see.

It looks like some others are still on the Lawson Kool-Aid. It's not a terrible pick, I could live with it.

Man, I can't believe DeAngelo is still sitting there and I had to vote Lawson. I view him as the next Emmitt and would love to see him in a Cowboys uniform.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I can't believe DeAngelo is still sitting there and I had to vote Lawson. I view him as the next Emmitt and would love to see him in a Cowboys uniform.
That would be Millenesque with Jones and Barber.

Users who are viewing this thread