What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Position question (keeper league), WHIR (1 Viewer)

Which Draft Slot to Choose (keeper league)?

• hoose the 3rd spot and grab Zeke/ Henry (Kamara is kept) & be set at RB, but have to wait on my

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • choose a later pick (6-10) to snag a WR1 like Thomas, Hill, Adams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

4th&inches

Footballguy
12-team league keeper league

Background/ League info:

• 12-team, keeper rules are the following:

Can keep up to 4 players drafted after round 5 (so 6th round = 1st keeper round)
  • Year 1 = 1 round prior to draft round (drafted in round 6 = 5th round pick), if added as FA = last round keeper
  • Year 2 = 1/2 of previous year keeper round (kept in year 1 for a 6th round pick = 3rd round pick in year 2)
  • Year 3 = 1st round pick. 

[*]Start: QRRWWTFKD

[*]Scoring: .5PPR, 4pts passing TD, 6pt all other TD's

Keepers: Bold = already keeping (keeper rounds & year in parentheses - listed by keeper round):

•  Nick Chubb (5th round 2nd year) 
  • Austin Ekeler (6th round 1st year)
  • Mark Andrews 12th round, 1st year)
  • 4th keeper debating between:

DK Metcalf (11th round, 1st year)
  • DJ Chark Jr. (17th round, 1st year)

Scenario: I have my choice of any draft slot EXCEPT: 1, 2, 4, 12

Question:

• should I choose the 3rd spot and grab Zeke/ Henry (Kamara is kept) & be set at RB, but have to wait on my WR1 until 2.10
  • choose a later pick (6-10) to snag a WR1 like Thomas, Hill, Adams
leave a link and will respond to all posts

Thanks in advance

I would keep Metcalf and Chark while selecting the 3rd draft slot for Zeke/Henry.  I just don't believe in Ekeler and I really like Metcalf and Chark. 
This is probably what  I would do as well in this scenario.

Makes it real easy to be able to go BPA in the 2nd knowing you already have solid starters all around.

I would keep Metcalf and Chark while selecting the 3rd draft slot for Zeke/Henry.  I just don't believe in Ekeler and I really like Metcalf and Chark. 

This is probably what  I would do as well in this scenario.

Makes it real easy to be able to go BPA in the 2nd knowing you already have solid starters all around.
thank you both for your replies. 

1 thing to add is that I traded away Kamara (was a 1st round keeper) to the guy who has the 12th pick to get his 3.12 pick in return. 

I know RB dries up pretty quick, but there's still some good WR's to have in the 3-5 rounds. 

would this change your thoughts on anything?

As of now, I'm leaning toward taking the 5th overall pick, grabbing best available (Cook/CEH/ Michael Thomas) assuming the 1st 4 picks go:

• CMC
  • Saquon
  • Zeke
  • Henry
thoughts?

thank you both for your replies. 

1 thing to add is that I traded away Kamara (was a 1st round keeper) to the guy who has the 12th pick to get his 3.12 pick in return. 

I know RB dries up pretty quick, but there's still some good WR's to have in the 3-5 rounds. 

would this change your thoughts on anything?

As of now, I'm leaning toward taking the 5th overall pick, grabbing best available (Cook/CEH/ Michael Thomas) assuming the 1st 4 picks go:

• CMC
  • Saquon
  • Zeke
  • Henry
thoughts?
Doesn't change anything for me.  I would take the 3 slot (but I also hate drafting in the middle so I would never choose to draft 5th) and keep the WR's. 

I think there is a clear major tier drop after CMC, Barkley and Zeke and you are costing yourself some pretty big value to drop from the 3 to the 5 (assuming 3 is still an option), but if 3 is not an option, I'd take the 5 and draft BPA.

I also keep the WRs still, not Ekeler in this scenario.

Gally said:
This is the option I would do as the value of the 2 WRs is just too good to pass up.  I would take the 3rd, grab one of the top 3 RBs.  

4th&inches said:

• CMC
  • Saquon
  • Zeke
  • Henry
thoughts?
and as to this, I do not see Henry going 4th over Thomas.  

Users who are viewing this thread