What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop D. Henderson or M. Gordon for K. Herbert or A. Mattison? (1 Viewer)

Barksdale

Footballguy
0.5 PPR Redraft League

Starters:
A. Kamara, A. Gibson (not thrilled about it)
Bench: AJ Dillon, D. Harris, M. Gordon, D. Henderson

Barring injury, I don't foresee ever starting M. Gordon or D. Henderson based on my other options and what I've seen from them so far.
Both K. Herbert and A. Mattison are on the WW -- thoughts on dropping M. Gordon or D. Henderson for one of them?
At this point I haven't seen much info on the severity of D. Montgomery or D. Cook's injuries to know if/how long they'll be out.

Unfortunately I don’t think any of us know if Montgomery or Cook will be missing time. Herbert should have some stand alone value the rest of the season no matter what happens to Montgomery though. Not sure how Herbert will perform compared to Gordon or Henderson ROS either. All of the RBs are in committees

I would not be in a hurry to drop Gordon. He seems to be their GL back and has done enough to have stand alone value. Henderson seems like the choice to drop and I would do that for Herbert. Probably not for Mattison. Plus you have no idea what Gibson will be like in a couple weeks when Robinson is back in the fold.

0.5 PPR Redraft League

Starters:
A. Kamara, A. Gibson (not thrilled about it)
Bench: AJ Dillon, D. Harris, M. Gordon, D. Henderson

Barring injury, I don't foresee ever starting M. Gordon or D. Henderson based on my other options and what I've seen from them so far.
Both K. Herbert and A. Mattison are on the WW -- thoughts on dropping M. Gordon or D. Henderson for one of them?
At this point I haven't seen much info on the severity of D. Montgomery or D. Cook's injuries to know if/how long they'll be out.
This is a tough call. I personally don't think the situation in the Rams backfield has quite played out yet. I say this because I don't believe that Cam Akers is the same RB he was before the injury. As a matter of fact, as it stands now, I believe that D. Henderson is actually the better back. And this makes me wonder if the Ram's coaching staff is running on simple inertia instead of actually looking at the situation in an honest manner. Sort of like the coaching staff for the Cowboys as they continue to play Ezekial Elliott when Tony Pollard appears to be much better on the field. And being a half-step slower, I also wonder if Cam Akers is going to be able to survive a full season without reinjuring himself. But that's just speculation on my part. That being said, I have D. Henderson on my roster and I tried to pick up K. Herbert yesterday. But I chose to drop another player instead as I figured D. Henderson still had some potential value. [For what it's worth, somebody else grabbed him ahead of me so it was a moot point.] Anyway, what I am currently doing is offering a trade to the owner who has Cam Akers figuring that he might want D. Henderson as a handcuff--something you might want to check out, btw. Long story short, if you absolutely need K. Herbert in your roster right now then I would go for it. Otherwise, I think both players will pretty much have their value somewhat negated due to the situations on their respective teams. And, as far as dropping M. Gordon is concerned, I would not do it. At least, those are my thoughts and I wish you luck in whatever decision you make.

Users who are viewing this thread