What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Duncan and Margaret Hunter Scandal Thread (1 Viewer)

Not to defend these ghouls but my wife is really into make-up "artistry" or whatever and my son's girlfriend does make-up tutorials on Instachat/Snapagrams.   You wouldn't believe how expensive non-drug store brand make up is.

$152 could have been like 3 things.
My wife had me stop at some place in the mall to pick up some cream or lotion or whatever. I had to pull up her text message on my phone and read it to the woman behind the counter because I had no idea what I was buying. The woman pulls out something the size of 9-volt battery. I start to pull out my cash. Woman says, "That'll be $65." I put away the cash, pull out my credit card instead.

Fun Fact:

Duncan Hunter claims his Congressional salary of $174,000 isn’t enough to make ends meet yet voted NO to raise minimum wage to **$7.25**

He was a “no” on $15,080 per year, yet can’t himself live on a salary that is more than 10x higher.

Snorkelson said:

>> Interview on Fox.

Wow, way to throw your wife under the bus bro.
Hmmm...

"Around that time, Hunter hired a young woman whom investigators have inquired about during their probe, sources familiar with the questioning said. Hunter promoted her from intern to full-time, a decision that perplexed staffers who said she frequently failed to show up for work and was hostile to co-workers.

POLITICO is not naming the woman because multiple attempts to reach her for comment were unsuccessful.

Former staffers to Hunter said the atmosphere grew toxic because of the woman, who would text with Hunter and sometimes accompany him to the Capitol Hill Club. Multiple aides complained about her attire, saying it was inappropriate for a work environment. Two aides kept a tally of how many days of work she had missed. The woman would also show up uninvited at Hunter’s campaign events, including one in San Diego.

Despite mounting concerns within his office, however, Hunter refused to fire her. The nature of the relationship caused some of his staffers to question Hunter’s judgment."

Joe Summer said:
Hmmm...

"Around that time, Hunter hired a young woman whom investigators have inquired about during their probe, sources familiar with the questioning said. Hunter promoted her from intern to full-time, a decision that perplexed staffers who said she frequently failed to show up for work and was hostile to co-workers.

POLITICO is not naming the woman because multiple attempts to reach her for comment were unsuccessful.

Former staffers to Hunter said the atmosphere grew toxic because of the woman, who would text with Hunter and sometimes accompany him to the Capitol Hill Club. Multiple aides complained about her attire, saying it was inappropriate for a work environment. Two aides kept a tally of how many days of work she had missed. The woman would also show up uninvited at Hunter’s campaign events, including one in San Diego.

Despite mounting concerns within his office, however, Hunter refused to fire her. The nature of the relationship caused some of his staffers to question Hunter’s judgment."
I need pictures before I can evaluate his judgment on this issue. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn. I had been looking forward to getting to personally vote against Duncan Hunter in November, but I just found out that he switched districts in 2013 and no longer represents me. He was my representative from 2009-2013, so his name was familiar to me, but he's currently in a different district a few miles away and I don't feel like moving.

Not to defend these ghouls but my wife is really into make-up "artistry" or whatever and my son's girlfriend does make-up tutorials on Instachat/Snapagrams.   You wouldn't believe how expensive non-drug store brand make up is.

$152 could have been like 3 things.
Sometimes it's probably better to just not reply

Love this part:

At first, he shifted blame to his wife, claiming she handled his finances. But after outlets reported those comments, he returned to reporters, telling them to “leave my wife out of it.”
Replying to this one twice because it's that good.  

First he's all, "I don't know anything about that.  My wife does the books for the family and the campaign."

Then he's driving home and "  :doh:  The hoes!  I forgot about the side pieces!"

Now he's all, "You media jackyls need to leave my wife out of this.  Like, waaaaay out of this.  Don't call her about anything.  Put her TV on Mute.  Cancel her subscription to your newspaper."  

I’d say the fact this guy was re-elected is amazing but I’m from Louisiana where this happens pretty frequently.
I live just west of that district and it's pretty solidly Republican. Of course, it probably helped that Hunter ran ads that basically said his Democratic opponent, Ammar Campa-Najjar, was a terrorist who wanted to infiltrate Congress. Then again, maybe the way to look at it is that Hunter ran against a guy who, judging by his name, was obviously a terrorist, and Hunter won by only 3 points. 

Prosecutors said they approached the defense to reach an agreement “that would eliminate the need to introduce this potentially sensitive evidence at trial,” but the congressman’s lawyers declined.

Hunter’s wife has pleaded guilty and agreed earlier this month to cooperate with prosecutors. Prosecutors also filed motions to permit Margaret Hunter’s testimony to be used at trial, which is slated for September 10.
That's a bold strategy, Cotton . . . 

Users who are viewing this thread