What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2014 Draft Prospects (1 Viewer)

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.ETA: When I watch Evans play, I can see him playing TE and easily being one of the best at the next level.
If 76.5" and 225 pounds is right Evans would need to put on 15-20 pounds to play TE. Never say never, but I can't think of a time a WR has done that and been successful.

Faust said:
The thing I "fear" with Gordon is the Ron Dayne syndrome - that the Wisconsin OL is so huge and dominant that they make the RB instead of the RB making them, if you know what I mean.
Gordon can transcend those "Wisconsin OL makes the back" thoughts. You can see the skill and talent with him. With Dayne and even Montee this past year, they never really looked all that special, they just had the stats. Gordon is a threat to score from anywhere, Dayne and Ball were never like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

NFL.com's Charles Davis said Washington junior TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins is "the top tight end in college football right now."
Seferian-Jenkins (6-foot-6, 276 pounds) had a rough season opener against Illinois, but he's been spectacular since. "He can be split out wide and run the wide-receiver routes," writes Davis. "He's improving as a blocker, too. Seferian-Jenkins is more than big enough to handle in-line blocking. Just like Tony Gonzalez, he is a former Pac-12 basketball player and we see that in his game when he runs routes and walls defenders off to make catches just like he's boxing out for a rebound."

Source: NFL.com
Texas Tech senior TE Jace Amaro is averaging 7.67 yards after the catch.
Amaro has already snagged 29 passes for 367 yards. As Second Round Stats points out, Amaro's YAC is just below Tavon Austin's output from last season (when he averaged a little more than 8 YAC). Amaro is also averaging 2.7 yards after initial contact, a number higher than Tyler Eifert and Zach Ertz posted last season (both were around 2.2). "Not only does Amaro have the straight line athleticism, but the strength to keep going," Greg Peshek writes. "Amaro is seeing a wide diversity of catches within the offense. He has caught 50% of his passes within 5 yards of the LOS, but has also caught 28% of his passes past 10 yards, showing an ability to run down the seam, but also maintain a high YAC while catching short passes."

Source: SecondRoundStats.com

Rotoworld:

One NFL scouting director told NFL.com's Albert Breer there is "no sure thing" among this May's draft-eligible QB prospects.

More teams then normal are sending high-level personnel people to do work on this quarterback class, and the scouting director noted it is because of the prospects' potential. "Teddy Bridgewater is the presumptive first guy, but his hold on that designation isn't necessarily permanent," Breer writes. Redshirt sophomores Marcus Mariota, Brett Hundley, and Kevin Hogan will draw attention as well.

Sep 21 - 11:19 AM

Faust said:
The thing I "fear" with Gordon is the Ron Dayne syndrome - that the Wisconsin OL is so huge and dominant that they make the RB instead of the RB making them, if you know what I mean.
Only people who haven't watched Gordon would make this statement. He gets solid blocking, but there's a reason he's averaging 11.8 YPC and James White is only at 7.2.

I feel they're both more talented than Montee Ball was.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.ETA: When I watch Evans play, I can see him playing TE and easily being one of the best at the next level.
If 76.5" and 225 pounds is right Evans would need to put on 15-20 pounds to play TE. Never say never, but I can't think of a time a WR has done that and been successful.
I think Evans will be fine at WR. He can essentially be a big slot WR like Colston is.

Big Board: Keep eye on future WR threats with rookies catching on

by Rob Rang | NFLDraftScout.com
Sep. 27, 2013 2:13 PM ET

Rookie wide receivers can rarely be relied upon to make an immediate impact as they fine tune their route-running and adjust to the speed and complexity of NFL defenses. With first-year wideouts DeAndre Hopkins (Houston) and Justin Hunter (Tennessee) already making game-winning touchdown catches, however, that long-standing belief could be changing.

Playmakers Tavon Austin (St. Louis) and Cordarrelle Patterson (Minnesota) were also first-round picks in April who have made early contributions. If the 2013 crop was solid, the 2014 class could prove special, particularly if talented underclassmen Marqise Lee (Southern California), Sammy Watkins (Clemson) and Mike Evans (Texas A&M) elect to make themselves eligible.

The Big Board isn't a mock draft. There is no attention given to team needs or the projected selection order. It is simply a ranking of the 32 best prospects potentially eligible for the 2014 NFL Draft.

(*-indicates underclassman)

1. Jadeveon Clowney*, DE, South Carolina (6-6, 268): Three tackles for loss and two sacks in his first two SEC games (Georgia, Vanderbilt) should quiet some of Clowney's critics. With the bar set so high due to preseason hype, he's going to have a hard time living up to his billing. Clowney is a difference-maker in the mold of Julius Peppers and Mario Williams but he could fall lower than expected on draft day should the team with the first pick have any concerns at quarterback.

2. Teddy Bridgewater*, QB, Louisville (6-3, 220): In an era in which college quarterbacks' numbers are often inflated by short passing and relatively simplistic schemes, Bridgewater's sparkling production (71.8 percent completions, 1,214 yards, 14 touchdowns) is due to stellar accuracy. The biggest knock scouts have on Bridgewater is his slight frame and level of competition. These concerns won't keep him from challenging Clowney as the top pick should each make the NFL jump after their junior seasons.

3. Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA (6-4, 238): As the No. 5 pick of the 2013 NFL Draft, Ziggy Ansah showed just what a breakout season can do for a pass rusher. Barr, a former running back, exploded onto the Pac-12 last year to the tune of 21½ tackles for loss and 13½ sacks. He didn't play much against New Mexico State on Sept. 21, but showed off his big-play ability quickly, registering a sack, tackle for loss and forced fumble in the 59-13 win.

4. Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M (6-5, 305): The Aggies may have lost to Alabama but don't blame that on Matthews. A physical, technically sound blocker like his father, Hall of Famer Bruce Matthews, Jake held up well at left tackle against the Crimson Tide despite it being just his third start at the all-important position. Matthews is every bit the player that former teammate Luke Joeckel was a year ago -- and Joeckel was my top-rated prospect in the 2013 draft.

5. Cyrus Kouandjio*, OT, Alabama (6-5, 312): Some questioned the wisdom of moving Barrett Jones from left tackle (where he won the Jacobs Blocking Trophy as the SEC's best lineman) to center in 2012. The reason for the switch was Kouandjio, a physically blessed athlete who some have compared to former Redskins Pro Bowl left tackle Chris Samuels, the No. 3 overall pick out of Alabama in 2000.

6. Louis Nix III*, DT, Notre Dame (6-3, 326): With broad shoulders, a thick lower half and surprisingly quick feet, Nix is a classic run-stuffer with enough burst and determination to also threaten the pocket.

7. Marqise Lee*, WR, Southern Cal (6-0, 195): Lee lacks the bulk of elite pass-catchers of recent years and USC's inexperience at quarterback will limit the reigning Biletnikof Award winner's production this season. Lee's extraordinary agility and acceleration, however, make him a potential game-changer in scouts' eyes.

8. Bradley Roby*, CB, Ohio State (5-11, 190): The Buckeyes used to churn out first-round defensive backs. Showing off his speed, fluidity and quick hands, Roby flashed the ability to renew this tradition Sept. 14 at Cal while recording 6½ tackles and two passes broken up. He notched his first interception of the year last week against Florida A&M.

9. Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (6-1, 225): Less-than-ideal size will always bring some detractors but critics are finding it tougher to identify flaws in Boyd's game. He was more efficient than dominant in the Tigers' conference opener vs. NC State on Sept. 19, tossing three touchdowns against zero interceptions. A true dual-threat quarterback, Boyd is earning comparisons to Pro Bowl passers Russell Wilson and the late Steve McNair from scouts.

10. C.J. Mosley, OLB, Alabama (6-2, 232): While a bit undersized, Mosley might be the best pound-for-pound player in the country. Athletic and instinctive, he is a true three-down linebacker capable of making plays against the run and pass.

11. Brett Hundley*, QB, UCLA (6-3, 227): Hundley shook off an early fumble Sept. 14 at Nebraska to complete 16 of 24 passes for 294 yards and three touchdowns to guide UCLA to an impressive comeback win in Lincoln. Hundley, one of three potential blue-chip redshirt sophomore quarterbacks in the Pac-12, remains a bit rough around the edges but his size, athleticism and easy throwing motion have scouts excited about his upside.

12. Marcus Mariota*, QB, Oregon (6-3, 214): Boasting a skill set that is already drawing comparisons to 49ers star Colin Kaepernick, Mariota is quickly proving that he's far from a product of Oregon's fast-paced offense but an emerging blue-chip QB prospect. The redshirt sophomore sensation showed more than capable of beating SEC speed by riddling Tennessee for a career-high 456 passing yards and four touchdowns Sept. 14.

13. Anthony Johnson*, DT, LSU (6-3, 305): Four former Bayou Bengal defenders have heard their name called in the first round since 2008. Johnson will have his work cut out for him this season with Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery in the NFL but his prototypical blend of size, power and athleticism makes him a strong bet to continue LSU's dominance along the defensive line.

14. Antonio Richardson*, OT, Tennessee (6-6, 332): Nicknamed "Tiny," Richardson and his game proved anything but last season at left tackle for the Vols. Richardson is certainly a bit raw after just one season of starting action but he's shockingly smooth for a man of his size. With more consistency, Richardson's stock could skyrocket.

15. Sammy Watkins*, WR, Clemson (6-1, 200): It was Watkins, not USC's Lee, who was the more impressive pass-catcher as a freshman but injuries and suspension led to a disappointing sophomore season for the Clemson star while Lee won the Biletnikof Award. Watkins caught 10 passes against N.C. State on Sept. 19, but he hasn't shown the electric playmaking ability (averaging just 12.7 yards per reception) that caught the attention of scouts two years ago.

16. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan (6-7, 310): With an incredible combination of size and athletic ability, Lewan has earned comparisons to former Michigan standout Jake Long throughout his Wolverines career.

17. Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (6-5, 335): A dominating drive blocker who projects best at guard but spent the 2011 season protecting Robert Griffin III at left tackle, Richardson is massive, powerful and shockingly athletic.

18. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU (5-10, 182): Verrett lacks the size so en vogue in today's NFL but agility and ball skills never go out of style for cornerbacks. Verrett led the Big 12 with 22 passes defended and six interceptions in 2012. He fared well against LSU in the 2013 season opener (seven tackles, three passes broken up, sack) and shut out Texas Tech wideout Eric Ward, who had caught at least one pass in 27 consecutive games before matching up with Verrett and the Horned Frogs on Sept. 12.

19. Ryan Shazier*, OLB Ohio State (6-2, 226): Shazier may be 10-15 pounds lighter than scouts would prefer but his instincts, speed and bone-jarring hits make him a fearful defender that offenses must account for on every snap.

20. Cameron Erving*, OT, Florida State (6-5, 310): Erving played in 13 games as a redshirt freshman defensive tackle but looked like a natural when moved to left tackle a season ago. Long, balanced and athletic, he is a hidden factor in the impressive early play from freshman quarterback Jameis Winston.

21. Timmy Jernigan*, DT, Florida State (6-2, 298): Losing productive pass rushers Bjoern Werner, Cornelius Carradine and Brandon Jenkins to the NFL is certainly going to hurt the Seminoles but Jernigan's explosive hands make him a terror up the middle.

22. Eric Ebron*, TE, North Carolina (6-4, 245): A highly athletic and versatile prospect who stars not only as a matchup nightmare and powerful in-line blocker but as an occasional defensive end. Ebron's exciting athleticism was on display against Georgia Tech on Sept. 21, as he caught six passes for 108 yards and a dazzling one-handed touchdown grab.

23. Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo (6-3, 248): With an eye-popping 56 tackles for loss, 18 sacks and 11 forced fumbles already on his résumé entering the 2013 season, rest assured that scouts knew Mack well. Proving that his instincts and big-play proficiency could stand up when facing a big-time school like Ohio State (9½ tackles, 2½ sacks and an interception returned for a touchdown in the season opener) has Mack's stock soaring.

24. Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota (6-6, 312): The Golden Gophers haven't had a first-round NFL talent since the Patriots nabbed running back Lawrence Maroney in 2006. That is precisely the sort of buzz the Minneapolis native is generating. Hageman has the length and athleticism to project well in 3-4 and 4-3 schemes.

25. Stephon Tuitt*, DL, Notre Dame (6-5, 303): Despite linebacker Manti Te'o and Nix generating most of the attention, Tuitt stood out on a strong Irish defense a season ago. Reportedly as much as 20 pounds heavier this year, Tuitt hasn't been as impressive in 2013 but is coming off his best game of the season, registering six tackles, including a sack, against Michigan State.

26. Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU (6-3, 235): While Ziggy Ansah received most of the hype at BYU, Van Noy was far and away the Cougars' more consistent defender last season, registering an eye-popping 22 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, six forced fumbles, two interceptions and two blocked kicks. Van Noy's all-around game was again demonstrated vs. Utah on Sept. 21 as he finished with a game-high 10 tackles, including 1½ for loss.

27. Adrian Hubbard*, OLB, Alabama (6-5, 252): Hubbard is the next Crimson Tide star on defense to keep an eye on. The lanky pass rusher recorded 10 tackles for loss, six sacks and three forced fumbles in a breakout sophomore campaign and could be on the verge of much bigger things. His length, athleticism and versatility (lines up at DE, OLB) is even more intriguing than his statistics to this point.

28. Lache Seastrunk*, RB, Baylor (5-9, 210): Baylor hasn't been challenged yet (they've outscored Wofford, Buffalo and Louisiana-Monroe 209-23) but Seastrunk has been as dominant as scouts expected, averaging a stunning 10.97 yards a carry through his first three games. Seastrunk is an "air back" with the agility, balance and stop-start ability to elude defenders.

29. Austin Seferian-Jenkins*, TE, Washington (6-6, 267): A two-sport star for the Huskies (football, basketball), ASJ provides a unique combination of size, overall athleticism and ball skills, making him a true mismatch for opponents. After struggling in his 2013 debut (Illinois), ASJ was back to his dominant self against Idaho State, leading the Huskies with five receptions for 62 yards and his first touchdown of the season.

30. Mike Evans*, WR, Texas A&M (6-5, 225): Like his famous quarterback, Johnny Manziel, Evans is just a redshirt sophomore, but he could have quite the decision to make after the season if he continues to light up the SEC. Few players dominate Alabama but that is precisely what Evans did two weeks ago, hauling in seven passes for 279 yards and a 95-yard touchdown as he was almost uncoverable with his combination of size and leaping ability.

31. C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa (6-6, 265): A throwback tight end capable of dominating opponents as both a blocker and receiver, Fiedorowicz (pronounced feh-DOR-uh-wits) may lack in name recognition and production (seven catches, including one touchdown in Iowa's first three games) but not in talent.

32. Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (6-5, 300): Overshadowed by all of the talent on the Aggies' roster, Ogbuehi is an exciting prospect in his own right. A standout at right guard in 2012, Ogbuehi (pronounced ah-BOO-hee) stands to make a lot of money if he continues his early stellar play at right tackle.

Just missed the cutDavid Yankey*, OG, Stanford
Colt Lyerla*, TE, Oregon
Trent Murphy, DE/OLB, Stanford
Jordan Matthews, WR, South Carolina
Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
Hasean Clinton-Dix*, FS, Alabama
Denzel Perryman*, OLB, Miami
Johnny Manziel*, QB, Texas A&M
Aaron Lynch*, DE, South Florida

Marqise Lee just helped off the field with a knee injury on a punt return, looked to be in a lot of pain

Only people who haven't watched Gordon would make this statement. He gets solid blocking, but there's a reason he's averaging 11.8 YPC and James White is only at 7.2.

I feel they're both more talented than Montee Ball was.
Heard he went down with a knee injury... Haven't seen any updates yet.

Nobody had Michael as a 2nd rounder when he was splitting carries last season. He didn't even get a Senior Bowl invite. It was only after he lit up the combine that people sat up and took notice. By the same token, there are some interesting day 2-3 candidates in this 2014 class who could rise up the charts with a strong postseason.

I mentioned some of them last page. Jeremy Hill, Tre Madden, David Fluellen, Devonta Freeman, Ameer Abdullah, and Michael Dyer are pretty talented. Bishop Sankey, KaDeem Carey, and De'Anthony Thomas have a chance to go reasonably high. I wouldn't say that any of these guys are slam dunk mega stars. Many of them will be day 3 fodder, but probably 2-3 of them will look like decent prospects come March. I like Seastrunk > Gio as a collegiate prospect (though Gio looks good in the NFL) and would probably say this is a better group than last year's overall. I think 2015 is going to bring the big wave of talent that's been missing the last couple years though...

Looking like a weak rb class.
not a fan of gordon or seastrunk?
huge fan of gordon. liked him better than white when the pool was touting white over ball. 2013 looks deeper to me right now. The top 2 rbs are also coming from schools that people claim to be huge products of their systems. Overall i like 2013 better.

huge fan of gordon. Been following him since his redshirt days and liked him better than white when the pool was touting white over ball. Not certain he comes out yet since he has 2 years of eligibility left. 2013 looks deeper to me right now. The top 2 rbs are also coming from schools that people claim to be huge products of their systems. Overall i like 2013 better.
If he stays healthy and keeps producing like this, he'd be insane not to come out. He's got almost no wear on his tires and ridiculous production. There's no hopes of a national championship next year to keep him in school. I suspect that if he gets a round 1-3 prediction from the draft advisory people, he's gone. And it would be the right decision. Hell, Ball went in that range with probably quadruple the carries, and nothing approaching Gordon's physical profile. It's obvious that Gordon is the most talented RB Wisconsin has had--he can overcome the "system" stigma.

huge fan of gordon. Been following him since his redshirt days and liked him better than white when the pool was touting white over ball. Not certain he comes out yet since he has 2 years of eligibility left.2013 looks deeper to me right now. The top 2 rbs are also coming from schools that people claim to be huge products of their systems. Overall i like 2013 better.
If he stays healthy and keeps producing like this, he'd be insane not to come out. He's got almost no wear on his tires and ridiculous production. There's no hopes of a national championship next year to keep him in school. I suspect that if he gets a round 1-3 prediction from the draft advisory people, he's gone. And it would be the right decision. Hell, Ball went in that range with probably quadruple the carries, and nothing approaching Gordon's physical profile. It's obvious that Gordon is the most talented RB Wisconsin has had--he can overcome the "system" stigma.
Gordon will get a 2nd round grade at worse and it's very possible he goes late 1st.

huge fan of gordon. Been following him since his redshirt days and liked him better than white when the pool was touting white over ball. Not certain he comes out yet since he has 2 years of eligibility left.2013 looks deeper to me right now. The top 2 rbs are also coming from schools that people claim to be huge products of their systems. Overall i like 2013 better.
Gordon will get a 2nd round grade at worse and it's very possible he goes late 1st.
I totally agree.

I totally agree.
He should, and i like gordon more than anyone from the 2013 class. I just think the 2013 rb class is deeper.

Rotoworld:

SI's Andy Staples ranks Georgia senior QB Aaron Murray as the No. 8 overall draft prospect.
Murray apparently jumped form No. 15 to No. 8 this week. "Murray has shed the can’t-win-the-big-games tag," Staples writes. "If he keeps playing this way, he’ll be visiting New York in December." We have always been impressed with Murray as a rhythm thrower in a clean pocket, but he has improved his success in the face of pressure.

Source: MMQB
NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes Eastern Illinois senior QB Jimmy Garoppolo is a potential Top-100 pick.
Garoppolo has decent size (6-foot-2, 222 pounds) and athleticism; more importantly, he's absolutely shredding the FCS level once again in 2013. A four-year starter, Garoppolo passed former EIU All-American Tony Romo in career touchdown passes in last week's blowout win over Eastern Kentucky (Garoppolo's 88 TD connections rank 22nd in FCS history). Garoppolo is a confident player who processes information quickly and can pick defenses apart in the short-to-intermediate game. This is an under-the-radar prospect to keep an eye on.

Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter
Wisconsin redshirt sophomore RB Melvin Gordon is considered questionable for the game against Northwestern on October 12 with a left knee injury.
Gordon injured his left knee against Ohio State and missed a good portion of the contest. He was held to 74 yards on 15 carries, easily Gordon's lowest total of the season. Northwestern is actually a solid opponent, and the team would be missing a large portion of their offense is Gordon is out.

Source: USA Today
Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl noted Washington junior TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins plays a key role in the school's successful running game.
Weidl calls the tight end an "effective inline blocker" that can seal the edge. Junior running back Bishop Sankey has put forth a breakout season, showing nice balance and vision. Seferian-Jenkins' numbers have dipped a little, but he is still impressing on the field. We don't consider him the top receiving tight end, however, with that distinction going to Texas Tech's Jace Amaro.

Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter
NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believes Ohio State junior QB Braxton Miller has "unlimited upside."
"His ability to run and extend plays was remarkable, but I was more impressed with his improvement as a passer," Jeremiah writes. Miller's "decision-making was excellent, and he showed better touch down the field." The junior has missed time over the last few weeks while recovering from a knee injury, with senior Kenny Guiton impressed during that time, but Miller displayed a complete game against Wisconsin.

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah received text messages from NFL scouts and personnel executives during the LSU versus Georgia game regarding senior QB Zach Mettenberger.
"He didn't come away with the victory, but Mettenberger was the biggest winner in terms of his NFL draft stock," Jeremiah writes. "His combination of size, arm strength and accuracy is very attractive to NFL teams in search of a quarterback." Again, this progression started last year in the Alabama game, but Mettenberger has taken it to the next level this season. His willingness to stand in the face of pressure and fire downfield tops it all off.

Any trades involving Devy players been completed in your leagues?
I got a package deal: I received M. Lee and a 1st round pick and I gave up A. Brown (WR Pitt) and DMC.

I'll take the 2014 class over the 2013 class any day. When it's all said and done there are going to be some studs coming out that are eligible for the draft that last year was missing. Just wait til the eligibility day pass first.

I got a package deal: I received M. Lee and a 1st round pick and I gave up A. Brown (WR Pitt) and DMC.
That seems pretty cheap for Lee. I know he probably won't grade out as a Julio/Green type of prospect when all is said and done, but I think he'll be a lot more coveted than either of those other guys in a few months.

That seems pretty cheap for Lee. I know he probably won't grade out as a Julio/Green type of prospect when all is said and done, but I think he'll be a lot more coveted than either of those other guys in a few months.
Looks like an overreaction to his knee injury.

I think Evans will be fine at WR. He can essentially be a big slot WR like Colston is.
Rotoworld:

One NFL scout told NFL.com's Chase Goodbread that Texas A&M redshirt sophomore WR Mike Evans might fit better as a flex TE in the NFL.
"As good as Evans has been, one scout told College Football 24/7 that he may project better as a flex tight end in the NFL than as a receiver, which would allow him to more easily beat safeties and linebackers in coverage than pro cornerbacks," Goodbread writes. We think this is splitting hairs, since Evans will frequently be moved in the slot in the NFL as a matchup nightmare.

Rotoworld:

One NFL scout told NFL.com's Chase Goodbread that Texas A&M redshirt sophomore WR Mike Evans might fit better as a flex TE in the NFL.
"As good as Evans has been, one scout told College Football 24/7 that he may project better as a flex tight end in the NFL than as a receiver, which would allow him to more easily beat safeties and linebackers in coverage than pro cornerbacks," Goodbread writes. We think this is splitting hairs, since Evans will frequently be moved in the slot in the NFL as a matchup nightmare.

:yes:

Rotoworld:

Heisman expert Chris Huston believes Oregon redshirt sophomore QB Marcus Mariota is the Heisman frontrunner.
Mariota finished second in Huston's weekly straw poll at HeismanPundit.com, but the site proprietor believes he's the player-to-beat. "Mariota has been my frontrunner for the Heisman ever since (Ohio State QB) Braxton Miller got hurt," Huston said. "I think right now if you project out the rest of the season and look at the competition he's got, the ranked teams he's going to play, the projection for his statistics, I think that he is the guy who has the best chance of winning at this point." Huston later said that he believes Clemson's Tajh Boyd and Georgia's Aaron Murray are currently Mariota's main competition for the trophy.

Source: The Oregonian

Users who are viewing this thread