What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2015 Draft Prospects (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher kicked redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston out of the last practice before the Championship game because he didn't like the way Winston was running the two-minute drill.
"He learned from it, he grew from it, and I grew from it," Fisher said. "I grow from those situations how I handle it every time with those guys, too. Wish you didn't have to do it, but I think it just made our relationship that much stronger and we understand each other that much more." Winston, of course, had no problem with the two-minute drill in the actual game against Auburn, going 6-for-7 for 77 yards on the game-winning drive, which lasted all of 1:19. "That drive, like I say, it really wasn't about me," Winston said. "He kicked me out of practice, and we won that game in two minutes."

Source: Fox Sports
That is a great story. I love that Jimbo has the stones to throw out his star QB and I also love how Winston publicly handled it. No crying or whining, just winning a championship.

Couple things that would concern me...

1) IQ - I'm not sure he could beat Vince Youngs wonderlic score. Listening to this guy give an interview is painful.

2) Whoever said he's as athletic as Andrew Luck is crazy. Winston looked very slow moving laterally and stepping up in the pocket, painfully slow, watching him for the first time this surprised me a lot.

2) Whoever said he's as athletic as Andrew Luck is crazy. Winston looked very slow moving laterally and stepping up in the pocket, painfully slow, watching him for the first time this surprised me a lot.
Why are there so many of you who have only watched the guy play ONCE, who feel compelled to post about him?

He led his team to the national championship as a redshirt freshman, had by far his worst game, and still won.

Watch one of the 13 games that he dominated this year and get back to us.

...and anyone who compares him to Byron Leftwich?!?! LMFAO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see so we should throw out the game against the Best DL he faced all year. I'm not saying I don't like the guy I'm pointing flaws that surfaced. Get back to me when he fixes them.

I see so we should throw out the game against the Best DL he faced all year. I'm not saying I don't like the guy I'm pointing flaws that surfaced. Get back to me when he fixes them.
By your own admission, you've watched him play one time.

I watched some guy named Aaron Rodgers for the first time this past Sunday. He only threw for 177 yards and 1 TD in that game. Plus, he was sacked 4 times. I sure hope he can fix his many flaws that surfaced soon.

Ridiculous, isn't it?

The QB depth looks promising for the 2015 NFL Draft:

Jameis Winston

Brett Hundley

Marcus Mariota

Kevin Hogan

Sean Mannion

Bryce Petty

Blake Bell

Braxton Miller

Jeff Driskel

Connor Cook

* Not intended to be a complete list or ranked in any particular order
Hope it gets better than that. Top 3 are unimpressive. 2 are just runners and better learn how to find open guys instead of taking off and running, the other is a Leftwich clone. Miller is a zero in the NFL. The rest will need to show a lot next year.
Wait for 2016. :HackAttack:

No not ridiculous Aaron Rodgers was outplayed this weekend and frankly has been lacking in the playoffs since his Super Bowl.

I'm sure Jameis looked great during ACC play, you don't think evaluators will put a premium on the best team he faced? 20-35 240 yards, 11 for 26 rushing didn't exactly blow my hair back. The guy is a freshman and had a great season, he'll get better, I was just underwhelmed on his movement in the pocket against a good pass rush. I don't need to watch him against Boston College to know that doesn't have much future indication of how he'll play at the next level.

Rotoworld:

LSU redshirt sophomore RB Jeremy Hill wants to return to school in 2014 to "pay back" HC Les Miller for standing by him, according to beat writer Glenn Guilbeau.

Hill was suspended prior to the 2013 season for sucker punching a random person in a parking lot. He missed a small amount of on-field action, since Les Miles put Hill's suspension up to a team vote. Obviously the running back was reinstated by his peers by a clear margin. Teams likely have more off-field than on-field questions with Hill, so they could be impressed with this decision and sign of good faith.

Source: Glenn Guilbeau on Twitter

spider321 said:
Vincesanity said:
Why are there so many of you who have only watched the guy play ONCE, who feel compelled to post about him?

He led his team to the national championship as a redshirt freshman, had by far his worst game, and still won.

Watch one of the 13 games that he dominated this year and get back to us.

...and anyone who compares him to Byron Leftwich?!?! LMFAO.
Looked more like JaMarcus to me, I can see him fattening up and pushing maximum density, or Vince Young.

Love the information in this thread. Frankly I haven't done my homework with this year draft. It's always nice to look ahead. For now I didn't see any super star in next year's draft. By super star, I meant prospects like Andrew Luck, Calvin Johson, and no, not T Richerson.
Who knows what has happened in the NFL, but make no mistake, Richardson was a stud prospect.
Will people stop posting this crap! He was not a stud prospect he didn't even do the combine and I believe he quit on his pro-day at Alabama, Name me one stud prospect who quit on their pro-day! Not named Richardson.

Love the information in this thread. Frankly I haven't done my homework with this year draft. It's always nice to look ahead. For now I didn't see any super star in next year's draft. By super star, I meant prospects like Andrew Luck, Calvin Johson, and no, not T Richerson.
Who knows what has happened in the NFL, but make no mistake, Richardson was a stud prospect.
Will people stop posting this crap! He was not a stud prospect he didn't even do the combine and I believe he quit on his pro-day at Alabama, Name me one stud prospect who quit on their pro-day! Not named Richardson.
You're thinking of Eddie Lacy. The kid named 2nd team All Pro as a rookie.

You're thinking of Eddie Lacy. The kid named 2nd team All Pro as a rookie.
I thought it was also him too cause he didn't do the cone drills and a couple of other things at his pro-day! If you have this info on him I would appreciate it. All I have is inflated 40 time 4.4 at his pro-day,.(4.58 unofficial espn time)

When you are a top 3 pick in a loaded draft, you are considered a stud prospect. Doesn't matter if you pan out or not. Ki-Jana Carter and Darren McFadden were big flops, but you can't say that they weren't considered stud prospects (even if for whatever reason you didn't buy it). The anti-Trent bend is mostly of the hindsight psychic variety. When he was coming into the league he was absolutely rated as a top class player.

2014 NFL Draft: LSU RB Hill plans return to Tigers

By Jeff Reynolds | NFLDraftScout.com

January 8, 2014 6:00 pm ET

Excerpts:

Potential second- or third-round pick Jeremy Hill is expected to return to LSU for his junior season as the main attraction of the Tigers' offense.

Hill, who rushed for 1,401 yards in 11 games after serving a suspension, has a press conference scheduled for Jan. 13, two days before the underclassmen deadline to enter the 2014 draft.

NFLDraftScout.com's sixth-ranked running back in the 2016 draft class, Hill could enter the May draft because he is a redshirt sophomore.

LSU has a commitment from the nation's top running back, Leonard Fournette from New Orleans St. Augustine High, who is expected to sign a national letter of intent with the Tigers on Feb. 6.

Hill (6-1, 235) had only 203 carries last season and still turned in the second-best season ever by a LSU running back. Even if he shares time, there's no reason to believe Hill won't maintain a grade worthy of a top-75 selection.

By comparison, Alabama's Eddie Lacy was drafted 61st overall in 2013 and became an Offensive Rookie of the Year candidate as the lead back of the Green Bay Packers after just one season as the primary ballcarrier for the Crimson Tide.
If Hill does return, part of the pull back to Baton Rouge could be to repay coach Les Miles for giving him multiple chances to be part of the team despite legal entanglements.

He was suspended from the opener against TCU and in the first quarter of the home opener against UAB as punishment for an arrest for simple battery. He was captured on camera punching a man from behind outside a bar near the LSU campus.

Hill was unable to sign at LSU after a misdemeanor arrest for carnal knowledge of a juvenile female, but Miles did bring him in months later, in January 2012.

In December, Hill, a 3.0 student, said he had turned a corner for good.

"I've learned how to approach my life on a day-to-day basis and try to be an example for guys," Hill said before annihilating Iowa in the Outback Bowl. "I tell them in life you are going to make mistakes, but it's how you come back from them that is the most important thing. If I continue as I have been these last several months, I'll be fine. I want to leave a legacy of people appreciating me. I owe LSU and Coach Miles a lot."

When you are a top 3 pick in a loaded draft, you are considered a stud prospect. Doesn't matter if you pan out or not. Ki-Jana Carter and Darren McFadden were big flops, but you can't say that they weren't considered stud prospects (even if for whatever reason you didn't buy it). The anti-Trent bend is mostly of the hindsight psychic variety. When he was coming into the league he was absolutely rated as a top class player.
Then that means you thought Jamarcus Russell was also a stud prospect :o . Carter and Mcfadden had elite measurables. Trent didn't. I was always anti-Trent cause he displayed no elite measurables. People keep saying that he has elite measurables, well list them. He had none all he had was hype. I don't hate him and I still think he can be what he is, which is an average back. Just because you're picked high in a stacked draft means nothing. All it takes is one dumb team Raiders and Cleveland too make you a stud prospect in your view.

Then that means you thought Jamarcus Russell was also a stud prospect :o . Carter and Mcfadden had elite measurables. Trent didn't. I was always anti-Trent cause he displayed no elite measurables. People keep saying that he has elite measurables, well list them. He had none all he had was hype. I don't hate him and I still think he can be what he is, which is an average back. Just because you're picked high in a stacked draft means nothing. All it takes is one dumb team Raiders and Cleveland too make you a stud prospect in your view.
Richardson has very rare speed/agility/balance for a big back. If you want to know what his elite trait is, it's probably his size/mobility combo. He's 228 pounds stacked onto a 5'9.25" frame. I'm not sure people fully appreciate how big that is. For the sake of comparison, Peterson would need to weigh 257 pounds to equal Trent's BMI. That's 40 pounds greater than his combine weight of 217.

For a guy with a 33.4 BMI (Richardson) to clock in the 4.4 range at his pro day is pretty special. I don't track speed scores (weight/speed combos), but I'm sure that ranks pretty high among recent RB prospects. And if you watch him run his 40, you'll see that there aren't a lot of bad pounds on that frame. Very solid dude and just a monster of a human.

A lot of the current Richardson commentary is colored by hindsight psychic syndrome. Reality is that he was a nasty RB prospect. Probably my favorite RB prospect of the past 10 years. Certainly in my top 3 with Reggie and AP. Different style from those two, but equally impressive in certain respects. Definitely my favorite of the recent Bama backs and I think the most impressive "on tape." No coincidence he was drafted the highest and rated the highest.

If you want to talk about a prospect's quality, you've got to clarify whether you're talking about what he would be worth based on his NFL output or what he looked like coming into the league. LeSean McCoy has been a great NFL player, but he was not unanimously rated as a great prospect at the time he was drafted. So from that perspective I don't consider him a "stud prospect" even though he turned out to be a stud at the NFL. Likewise, if Richardson never gains another yard in his career, he'll still go down in my book as a "stud prospect."

Rotoworld:

Florida State junior WR Rashad Greene and junior T Cameron Erving will return for the 2014 season.
This is huge news for Jameis Winston, as Greene is his most reliable receiver and Erving has started for the Noles at left tackle for the last two seasons. Greene specializes in yards after the catch and likely would have been a second day selection. Erving projected to the same area.

Source: Bruce Feldman on Twitter

Richardson has very rare speed/agility/balance for a big back. If you want to know what his elite trait is, it's probably his size/mobility combo. He's 228 pounds stacked onto a 5'9.25" frame. I'm not sure people fully appreciate how big that is. For the sake of comparison, Peterson would need to weigh 257 pounds to equal Trent's BMI. That's 40 pounds greater than his combine weight of 217.

For a guy with a 33.4 BMI (Richardson) to clock in the 4.4 range at his pro day is pretty special. I don't track speed scores (weight/speed combos), but I'm sure that ranks pretty high among recent RB prospects. And if you watch him run his 40, you'll see that there aren't a lot of bad pounds on that frame. Very solid dude and just a monster of a human.

A lot of the current Richardson commentary is colored by hindsight psychic syndrome. Reality is that he was a nasty RB prospect. Probably my favorite RB prospect of the past 10 years. Certainly in my top 3 with Reggie and AP. Different style from those two, but equally impressive in certain respects. Definitely my favorite of the recent Bama backs and I think the most impressive "on tape." No coincidence he was drafted the highest and rated the highest.

If you want to talk about a prospect's quality, you've got to clarify whether you're talking about what he would be worth based on his NFL output or what he looked like coming into the league. LeSean McCoy has been a great NFL player, but he was not unanimously rated as a great prospect at the time he was drafted. So from that perspective I don't consider him a "stud prospect" even though he turned out to be a stud at the NFL. Likewise, if Richardson never gains another yard in his career, he'll still go down in my book as a "stud prospect."

Rotoworld:

Ohio State junior QB Braxton Miller will return to school for his senior season, according to his father.
Miller's meeting with Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer on Thursday went well, so he informed the coach that he'll be sticking around for another campaign. Although Miller missed almost three full games due to a sprained knee, he threw for 2,094 yards and ran for 1,068 yards in 2013. The Columbus Dispatch reported that Miller was given a mid- to late-round selection from the NFL's advisory board.

Source: Columbus Dispatch

Rotoworld:

Texas junior RB Malcolm Brown will return to school.
Brown earned second-team All-Big 12 honors this past season by sprinting for 904 yards and nine touchdowns on 214 attempts and hauling in 17 receptions for 195 yards and two TD. "I wanted to come back and try to have an even better season than I did this past year, plus I can graduate." Brown said. "I wanted to experience Coach [Charlie] Strong and see what he has for us, and I feel like we're going to have a good year. We have a lot of guys coming back. We had a pretty strong 2011 (recruiting) class, and I want to come back and enjoy my senior year with all of them. We all have to wait our turn to be complete senior leaders, and it's our time now. I feel like we have an abundance of leaders in this class, not just me. It's going to be exciting."

Source: burntorangenation.com
Nebraska junior RB Ameer Abdullah announced Thursday that he'll return for his senior year.
Abdullah wouldn't have been a high draft choice, but running backs typically declare at a far more aggressive rate than other positions because they play a hazardous position that the NFL has devalued. Abdullah was a first-team All-Big Ten selection and a Doak Walker Award semifinalist this past season, scampering for 1,690 yards. "The average NFL career, because of the violent nature of the sport, is less than five years. In analyzing these truths, I have come to realize that life is bigger than football, and that my chances of long-term success in life will be greatly enhanced by completing my college education," Adbullah said in a statement.

Source: huskers.com

Rotoworld:

Miami redshirt junior TE Clive Walford will return to school for the 2014 season.
Walford would have likely been a third day selection in a tight end class that has grown in size over the last few weeks. The redshirt junior does struggle to consistently catch the football, but he flashes ability on curls, outs and wheel routes along the sideline.

Source: CollegeFootballTalk on NBC Sports

Rotoworld:

Brown earned second-team All-Big 12 honors this past season by sprinting for 904 yards and nine touchdowns on 214 attempts and hauling in 17 receptions for 195 yards and two TD. "I wanted to come back and try to have an even better season than I did this past year, plus I can graduate." Brown said. "I wanted to experience Coach [Charlie] Strong and see what he has for us, and I feel like we're going to have a good year. We have a lot of guys coming back. We had a pretty strong 2011 (recruiting) class, and I want to come back and enjoy my senior year with all of them. We all have to wait our turn to be complete senior leaders, and it's our time now. I feel like we have an abundance of leaders in this class, not just me. It's going to be exciting."

Nebraska junior RB Ameer Abdullah announced Thursday that he'll return for his senior year.
Abdullah wouldn't have been a high draft choice, but running backs typically declare at a far more aggressive rate than other positions because they play a hazardous position that the NFL has devalued. Abdullah was a first-team All-Big Ten selection and a Doak Walker Award semifinalist this past season, scampering for 1,690 yards. "The average NFL career, because of the violent nature of the sport, is less than five years. In analyzing these truths, I have come to realize that life is bigger than football, and that my chances of long-term success in life will be greatly enhanced by completing my college education," Adbullah said in a statement.

Haven't thought much of Abdullah as an NFL prospect, and now even if he has a great year next year, he'll be adding significant wear to the tires.

Rotoworld:

Haven't thought much of Abdullah as an NFL prospect, and now even if he has a great year next year, he'll be adding significant wear to the tires.
Abdullah seems a little underrated IMO. Atypical frame, but he might have the best cutting ability of any back in college football right now. Very wide base with an unreal ability to sink his hips and explode out of his plants. There are some real doozies on his highlight reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AfDTJXgoRw

I think he's making a mistake by going back to school. If Isaiah Pead and Ronnie Hillman can be top 75 picks then so can he. He's a much better version of that type of back. I think he's a pretty smart guy though. Probably the type who isn't totally consumed by football. For him, the college experience and the degree might be more appealing than the instant money.

Rotoworld:

LSU junior RB Kenny Hilliard announced that he will return to school next season.

"To (sic) close to graduating NFL can wait," Hilliard tweeted. LSU's backfield will get a makeover in 2014, as both Jeremy Hill and Alfred Blue declared for the NFL early. Hilliard and Terrence Magee are the Tigers' only returning scholarship RBs. LSU, however, received commitments from five-star recruit Leonard Fournette and three-star Darrel Williams. Hilliard will compete with Fournette for starting duties.

Source: Kenny Hilliard on Twitter

RB Javorius Allen returning to USC next season

By Dan Greenspan

College Football 24/7 writer

For all his renown as a quarterback guru, Steve Sarkisian's offense as Washington head coach worked best when running back Bishop Sankey was slicing through opposing defenses over the last two seasons.

Now Sarkisian looks to have his best candidate to fill that same role in his new position at USC, with redshirt sophomore Javorius Allen telling the Los Angeles Times he would return next season.

Allen (6-foot-1, 215 pounds) hardly played before the in-season firing of head coach Lane Kiffin, only to emerge as the engine of the revamped Trojans' offense under interim coach Ed Orgeron. Allen rushed for 722 yards and 14 touchdowns in the nine games following Kiffin's dismissal, adding 22 receptions for 252 yards and one touchdown, showing game-breaking speed and vision as both a runner and receiver out of the backfield.

If Allen can handle the enormous workload Sarkisian gave Sankey in his two seasons as the Huskies' starter (616 carries for 3,683 rushing yards and 36 touchdowns; 36 receptions for 553 yards and one touchdown), he could be one of the top backs with an eye towards the 2015 NFL Draft at this time next year.

Follow Dan Greenspan on Twitter @DanGreenspan.

Javorius Allen is a RB I like for next year, but he's kind of old for a rSO, 6 months older than SR Silas Redd. Tre Madden is also a rSO, yet 2 years younger.

Rotoworld:

Alabama junior WR DeAndrew White announced that he'll return to school for his senior season.

White very nearly joined teammates Adrian Hubbard, Jeoffrey Pagan, Cyrus Kouandjio, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Vinnie Sunseri in jumping to the NFL early. Instead, he makes a sage decision in returning to school. White (6-foot, 190-pound junior) is coming off his best season, posting 32 passes for 534 yards and four touchdowns in 2013. White is highly dangerous when working out of the slot, and it'll be interesting to see how new offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin decides to deploy him.

Source: DeAndrew White on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Alabama junior WR DeAndrew White announced that he'll return to school for his senior season.

White very nearly joined teammates Adrian Hubbard, Jeoffrey Pagan, Cyrus Kouandjio, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Vinnie Sunseri in jumping to the NFL early. Instead, he makes a sage decision in returning to school. White (6-foot, 190-pound junior) is coming off his best season, posting 32 passes for 534 yards and four touchdowns in 2013. White is highly dangerous when working out of the slot, and it'll be interesting to see how new offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin decides to deploy him.

Source: DeAndrew White on Twitter
Probably a good decision. I can really see him breaking out next year.

Miami's Duke Johnson expected to miss spring practice

By Mike Huguenin

Miami's Duke Johnson, the Hurricanes' best player and likely to be one of the nation's top six or seven running backs next season, appears as if he will miss spring practice as he recovers from a broken ankle.

Johnson (5-foot-9, 196 pounds), who will be a junior in the fall, suffered the injury in a Nov. 2 loss to Florida State. He still rushed for 920 yards, the fifth-highest total in the ACC, in eight games.

Johnson told the Miami Herald he didn't think he would be able to participate in spring practice and said he should be cleared to start working out in "two months, a month-and-a-half -- around that range."

His absence obviously will give more spring reps to backup tailbacks Dallas Crawford and Gus Edwards, and that is a positive. At the same time, Miami will be breaking in a new quarterback with the departure of Stephen Morris; the new starter likely will be Ryan Williams, a senior-to-be who is a former starter at Memphis. Not having Johnson work with the new quarterback obviously is a negative.

Johnson has rushed for 1,867 yards and 16 TDs in two seasons. Johnson has excellent speed and possesses a great burst; he seems equally at home trying to turn the corner as he does running between the tackles. He also showed big-time skills as a kick returner and was a solid receiver as a true freshman in 2012, but he barely was used as a receiver in 2013 and his timing with Williams on screen passes will be important in the fall.

Mike Huguenin can be reached at mike.huguenin@nfl.com. You also can follow him on Twitter @MikeHuguenin.

Rotoworld take:

Northwestern announced on Tuesday that senior RB Venric Mark has been granted a fifth year of eligibility.

This is spectacular news for the Wildcats, who welcome back a talented chain-mover who rushed for 1,366 rushing yards on 6.0 yards per carry during his junior season in 2012. Mark fractured his ankle on Oct. 12 at Wisconsin and didn't play for the rest of the season. He only completed one full game last season.

Source: Chicago Tribune

I'm not knocking any of the picks when I say this, but that group of players just seems so mediocre to me.

Apart from 3-4 guys there aren't many names that I'd feel really good about rostering.

Former Florida State QB Jacob Coker commits to AlabamaBy Dan Greenspan

The line of succession at quarterback for Alabama came into focus Sunday, as the long-rumored addition of Jacob Coker from Florida State reportedly became reality during a weekend visit to the Tuscaloosa, Ala. campus.

The transfer of Coker, who will be immediately eligible to play for the Crimson Tide next season after he graduates this spring, was confirmed Sunday by the school. Coker will have two seasons of eligibility remaining.

"We think a lot of Jake and we are excited to have him join our team," head coach Nick Saban said in a statement. "He is not only an outstanding football player, but he is also a fine young man who we feel will be a great fit with our program at Alabama."

UA loses AJ McCarron, who went 36-4, won two BCS national championships and set numerous school records in three seasons as the starting quarterback. While there is plenty of touted talent already on campus, Saban clearly felt he needed an upgrade at the position.

Coker (6-foot-5, 230 pounds) should offer just that, after going head-to-head with eventual Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston during spring practice and fall camp last season. Seminoles players and coaches all insisted that Coker and Winston were on even footing throughout that competition ahead of the BCS championship game win over Auburn, with many professing that the team would likely be in the same position had Coker been named the starter.

"People look back on it and they don't believe us, but it was a very, very competitive situation," FSU quarterbacks coach Randy Sanders said earlier this month.

As Winston's backup, Coker was 18-of-36 passing for 250 yards and one interception in seven games before suffering a knee injury that sidelined his for the rest of the season. Coker was still on crutches during the BCS title game media day.

Coker's best attribute is his outstanding arm talent, which should mesh well with the offense Saban has tended to feature. Even with a new offensive coordinator in former USC head coach Lane Kiffin, UA should continue to be run-heavy and then work the play-action pass off of it.

And if Coker lives up to his immense billing and leaves after only one season, UA will not have top 2015 recruit Ricky Town as a possible successor. The Ventura (Calif.) St. Bonaventure product retracted his non-binding verbal commitment and pledged to USC instead on Saturday, a move that had been widely expected because of his rocky relationship with Kiffin.

Follow Dan Greenspan on Twitter @DanGreenspan.

Rotoworld:

Former Wisconsin RB Montee Ball told redshirt sophomore RB Melvin Gordon III to return to school in 2014 rather than enter the NFL draft.

"I just told him, 'If you really want my opinion, I think you should stay. I think you should have the opportunity to be the starter, to take the bulk of the carries and really showcase what you can do," Ball said. With James White leaving, Gordon should see more pass protection and receiving opportunities. The Badgers do have another talented, younger, runner in Corey Clement, so expect the two to split carries.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Users who are viewing this thread