What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Better than ADP may be a little crazy. But as a PSU alum who's watched all his games, he can be very special. His best quality may be his long vision. He sees angles and makes moves in the open field that maximize the yards he gains better than any RB I've seen in a long while. You'll see him cut a certain way at the second level and wonder what he is doing and suddenly he's 40 yards downfield. I'm all for Heisman, National Championship and first round draft pick. :excited:

Michigan State junior RB LJ Scott hinted on Twitter that he may turn pro after next season.

"Man seeing me dawgs in the combine gives me chills," he wrote. "Just a year from now [emoji, hashtag patience]." Scott rushed for 994 yards and six touchdowns last year. A juniors this fall, he'll be eligible to declare following next season if he so chooses.

Source: NBC's College Football Talk

How do the WRs look in this class? My dynasty squad has 2 first rounders in '18 and my team could use a WR (or I'd take 2 if the position was deep enough).

It's a really good class with a bunch of WR around 6'4-6'5 feet tall. At least 5 or 6 players that are eligible from what I can think of.

Sutton and St. Brown are likely the top two with Washington, Ridley, Kirk, Tate, Lazard and Cain closely behind.

This is a really good class.

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
The RBs are looking good...Barkley :wub: , Guice, Chubb, Freeman.
Don't forget Jones II, Scott, Gaskin, Harris, Jamabo and Scarbrough.

I already have the two in this class that I wanted. 

Tex

Texas A&M junior WR Christian Kirk ran the 100-meter dash in 11.04 seconds in high school.
Presumably, he's gotten faster. Kirk also boasts a reported vertical jump of more than 35 inches. He's the SEC's active leader in receptions of 20-plus yards with 29. Kirk also enters next season as one of the nation's best NFL receiving prospects.

Source: ESPN

Texas HC Tom Herman says he’s never seen a 255-pound player move and bend like junior RB Chris Warren III can.

"I kind of pulled him aside during one of the workouts," Herman said, "and I said, 'You have been a very pleasant surprise. You're going to make a lot of money someday playing this position if you put your pads down and run through somebody.'" Warren shared carries with D'Onta Foreman until a season-ending PCL injury in his right knee ended his 2016 season eight games early. Now, with Foreman off to the NFL, Warren has assumed the No. 1 RB role. The 6-foot-2 Warren is a punishing bruiser who has picked up 407 of his 836 career rushing yards after first contact. New Texas RB coach Stan Drayton compared Warren to Jerome Bettis.

Mar 17 - 3:25 PM

Alabama junior WR Calvin Ridley ran a 4.35-second 40-yard dash prior to last season.
The 6-foot-1, 188-pounder beats you with his head and feet, not his frame. He's been called "a faster Amari Cooper" by ESPN college football analyst Tom Luginbill. Ridley caught 71 passes for 776 yards and seven touchdowns last season.

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline believes Wyoming redshirt junior QB Josh Allen "would’ve competed to be the first signal caller off the board" had he entered this year's NFL Draft.
"The size, release, arm strength and athleticism to make plays with his legs or arm is a more complete package than any signal caller I presently grade for the 2017 draft," Pauline wrote. The analyst went back to Wyoming's film recently and came away even more impressed with Allen than he had been previously. "Some of the passes Allen made were just jaw-dropping," he wrote. "He consistently delivered the ball accurately through the tight spots with speed."

Source: Draft Analyst 
Mar 21 - 3:06 PM

Road to the Draft: Browns plan to use all their time on the clock with No. 1 pick

Excerpt:

First Five

On Tuesday during the AFC Coaches breakfast, Browns coach Hue Jackson said he and the organization are focused on the 2017 class of quarterbacks and trying to identify the player that has the best chance for success within the team’s system. He did, however, acknowledge the human nature aspect that comes into play and leads one to peek ahead to next year’s crop of signal-callers. Here are five that might be making draft headlines at this time next year.

1. Sam Darnold (USC) - He’s already on the big stage with the Trojans but he emerged as a household name after he led USC to a dramatic victory over Penn State in the Rose Bowl. The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder will be a redshirt sophomore in 2017.

2. Mason Rudolph (Oklahoma State) - He’s thrown for more than 7,700 yards and 49 touchdowns over the past two seasons.

3. Josh Allen (Wyoming) - He’s got size NFL teams love (6-foot-2, 222 pounds) and experience in a pro-style offense. A big spotlight will be shining on Laramie this season because of him.

4. Josh Rosen (UCLA) - He’s been the starter since the first game of his true freshman season. His 2016 season was short-circuited by a shoulder injury but he still averaged more than 300 passing yards per game.

5. Luke Falk (Washington State) - Falk mulled going pro but ultimately decided to return for one more season in Mike Leach’s offense. The 6-foot-4, 216-pounder threw for 4,468 yards and 38 touchdowns in 2016.

Alabama junior WR Calvin Ridley ran a 4.35-second 40-yard dash prior to last season.
I just got around today to listening to a week old MTS podcast interview with Quincy Wilson. They asked him the toughest person he has covered in college and he said Ridley Just something to file away.

Corey Davis Has Become the Draft’s Mystery Man

Excerpt:

4. Meanwhile in college football, it’s spring game season and perhaps no player is generating more hype this offseason than USC quarterback Sam Darnold. In fact, as evaluators groan about the so-so 2017 class, there is a wave of excitement about what could be a mega group of quarterbacks in 2018, featuring Darnold, UCLA’s Josh Rosen and Wyoming’s Josh Allen. A few words of caution here. One: Darnold is only a redshirt sophomore and there’s no guarantee he’ll even declare next year. And while he’s poised for a stellar season building off his impressive Rose Bowl performance, anything can happen (see: Matt Barkley, highly regarded after his junior season but relegated to the middle rounds after injuring his shoulder as a senior). And now that I have laid out the wet blanket nice and secure, I’ll admit, I am excited to watch Darnold next season. USC has an extremely challenging slate in 2017—no bye weeks during the regular season, an early non-conference test against Texas, Washington State and Notre Dame on the road then a finale against Rosen’s UCLA Bruins.

Here's why the top quarterbacks in the 2017 NFL Draft could fall to teams late

Excerpt:

Strong crop of 2018 quarterbacks

There is also a sense among the current teams at the top of the draft that they can potentially be patient -- and lucky -- and pick up a better quarterback prospect in the 2018 draft, a concept CBS Sports colleague Pete Prisco outlined from the owners meetings . 

“Next year’s draft,” one NFL personnel director told Prisco in Arizona. “Next year’s draft is loaded.” 

NFL scouts and front office folk are already drooling over Southern California Trojans phenom Sam Darnold . UCLA’s Josh Rosen, Wyoming’s Josh Allen and Washington Huskies ’s Jake Browning are also considered top prospects. And those are just the underclassmen -- seniors  Mason Rudolph (Oklahoma State Cowboys ), Luke Falk ( Washington State Cougars ) and Baker Mayfield ( Oklahoma Sooners ) are on the top of the NFL Draft Scout rankings as well

My current 2018 WR rankings. 

1. Auden Tate
2. Courtland Sutton
3. James Washington
4. Juaun Jennings 
5. Equanimeous St. Brown
6. Deebo Samuel
7. Brandon Martin
8. Deon Cain
9. Nick Westbrook
10. Simmie Cobbs

I would say 2018 class is better then the 2017 class of RB. Maybe even QB and WR too, This TE class in 2017 was sick. 
Good te class but there are bound to be a lot of disappointments as well. Probably a sleeper in there somewhere too. 

My current 2018 WR rankings. 

1. Auden Tate
2. Courtland Sutton
3. James Washington
4. Juaun Jennings 
5. Equanimeous St. Brown
6. Deebo Samuel
7. Brandon Martin
8. Deon Cain
9. Nick Westbrook
10. Simmie Cobbs
It's hard to take this seriously when Ridley and Kirk are omitted from the top 5, let alone the top 10.

It's hard to take this seriously when Ridley and Kirk are omitted from the top 5, let alone the top 10.
Ridley is old and Kirk is a slot receiver/gadget player who isn't better than his teammate who went in the 4th round this year.

The highest I would put either guy is right after Deon Cain and that's not happening.

Quadree Henderson is a more explosive version of Kirk. He doesn't make plays deep, but is a much more explosive runner.

Cross posting this in here since this seems to be the '18/devy thread now

Do any of you know of any tools that can compare devy pick value to rookie pick value? It's something that is tough to do on the surface and would appreciate some help if any of you devy guys know anything 

The MMQB's Albert Breer spoke to one AFC executive who called UCLA QB Josh Rosen a "mess" off the field.

On top off that statement, the exec notes Rosen is coming off a shoulder injury. "He needs to grow up, but the talent is off the charts," the NFL evaluator told Breer. As always keep this note in mind on anonymous quotes on a prospect's personality: you are trusting a person you have never met describing another person you've never met. It is stunning that an executive feels the need to put this information out there less than a week after the 2017 NFL Draft.

Source: The MMQB 
May 4 - 10:39 AM

dipandglide said:
Cross posting this in here since this seems to be the '18/devy thread now

Do any of you know of any tools that can compare devy pick value to rookie pick value? It's something that is tough to do on the surface and would appreciate some help if any of you devy guys know anything 
I'd be curious, too. Usually, the Top 1 or 2 Devy picks have more value than Rookie picks because of the depleted Rookie pool.. and everyone wants the next Elliot or Sankey, etc. That number increases by a function of how many Devy players are rosterred.

I'm in a pretty serious 14 team Devy league with some posters here, and the rookie draft we just finished is fairly depleted:

The Top 6 were Mixon, Ross, Kamara, Njoku, Foreman, Engram (so one consensus Top 6 pick, and the rest late 1st and early 2nds)

The Top 6 in the devy draft were Jones II, St Brown, Washington, Harry, Weber and Tate.

For the risk adverse, they prefer the vetted "known" quantity and value the first list more. But to hit a home run, IMHO, you need a devy or the #1 Rookie pick.

YMMV

I'd be curious, too. Usually, the Top 1 or 2 Devy picks have more value than Rookie picks because of the depleted Rookie pool.. and everyone wants the next Elliot or Sankey, etc. That number increases by a function of how many Devy players are rosterred.

I'm in a pretty serious 14 team Devy league with some posters here, and the rookie draft we just finished is fairly depleted:

The Top 6 were Mixon, Ross, Kamara, Njoku, Foreman, Engram (so one consensus Top 6 pick, and the rest late 1st and early 2nds)

The Top 6 in the devy draft were Jones II, St Brown, Washington, Harry, Weber and Tate.

For the risk adverse, they prefer the vetted "known" quantity and value the first list more. But to hit a home run, IMHO, you need a devy or the #1 Rookie pick.

YMMV
Thanks for the response. I'd love to find a value chart for this stuff to assign some relative value to these devy picks. This is only my second year playing devy, si I'm still a noob.

Users who are viewing this thread