What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2019 NFL Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Where's the place people watch game cut ups now that DB isn't around anymore?  Youtube barely has any 2018 games up (understandable since it just ended) but is there a consolidated place for all tape watching?  

Where's the place people watch game cut ups now that DB isn't around anymore?  Youtube barely has any 2018 games up (understandable since it just ended) but is there a consolidated place for all tape watching?  
Mark Jarvis on twitter has picked up a lot of the DB slack. There are links there to his cut-ups

Texas A&M redshirt junior TE Jace Sternberger declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Sternberger (6'4/250) exploded in 2018 to earn consensus All-American honors while putting forth a 48-832-10receiving line. The former Kansas Jayhawk will now try his luck in the pros. He has the requisite athleticism you would want for an offensive tight end at the next level, though his blocking and the like remain somewhat unpolished. Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline stamps Sternberger with a third-round grade at this juncture. This could potentially end up a sneaky-good class of tight ends.

Source: Jace Sternberger on Twitter 

Jan 1 - 1:08 PM

NC State redshirt junior WR Jakobi Meyers declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Meyers (6'2/203) makes the draft call just hours after his Wolfpack were beaten down by Texas A&M in the Gator Bowl. The wideout finished out his 2018 season having caught 92 passes for 1,047 yards and four touchdowns. The Draft Network's Joe Marino notes on the positive side that Meyers is adept at making contested catches in traffic and shows a good pace on his routes. That said, the analyst would like to see more nuance on his routes, and additionally points out that as with so many collegiate receivers, he does not have experience with any sort of an advanced route tree. He also lacks overt athleticism, which figures to be somewhat problematic come combine testing.

Source: Will Brinson on Twitter 

Jan 1 - 12:41 PM

Texas A&M junior RB Trayveon Williams rushed for 236 yards and three touchdowns on 19 carries in Monday's 52-13 win over NC State in the Gator Bowl.

Williams (5'9/200) entered action on Monday having turned in four consecutive 100-yard efforts to close out the regular season. He kept that streak alive and then some against the Wolfpack, scoring from two yards out and 17 yards out in the second and third quarters before electrifying with a 93-yard touchdown run early in the fourth quarter. That 93-yard run was the longest his career. The dynamic junior flourished under HC Jimbo Fisher this season, finishing the campaign with a school-record 1,760 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns. We could potentially be seeing a draft declaration from Williams upcoming. The Athletic's Dane Brugler views him as an intriguing evaluation in what's largely viewed as a somewhat thin class of backs.

Mon, Dec 31, 2018 11:42:00 PM

NC State redshirt senior QB Ryan Finley completed 19-of-32 passes for 139 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions in Monday's 52-13 loss to Texas A&M in the Gator Bowl.

Yech. Finley was unable to take advantage of a porous Texas A&M pass defense in this one. Indeed, that pass defense actually came through in high style for the Aggies, most notably logging a pick-six early in the third quarter. For the campaign, the senior signal-caller finished out with 3,928 passing yards and a 25/11 TD/INT ratio. He will be trying optimistically for a Day 2 selection come the spring draft, though obviously this was not the shiniest of exit notes.

Mon, Dec 31, 2018 11:22:00 PM

Northwestern senior QB Clayton Thorson completed 21-of-30 passes for 241 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in Monday's 31-20 win over Utah in the Holiday Bowl.

Thorson connected on four- and 20-yard touchdown passes in a 28-point third quarter which swung the game in Northwestern's favor after they fell behind 20-3 heading into halftime. The senior signal-caller had a late injury scare in the fourth quarter, but after being checked out in the medical tent, returned to take the final kneel-downs for the Wildcats as they wrapped up the victory. It will be onward to the Senior Bowl for Thorson, now, where he will try to make his mark as a potential Day 3 selection for the spring draft.

Mon, Dec 31, 2018 11:15:00 PM

Utah redshirt junior RB Armand Shyne rushed for 33 yards on 14 carries in Monday's 31-20 loss to Northwestern in the Holiday Bowl.

Shyne (5'11/214) excited with 174 yards rushing against Oregon in his first game replacing the injured Zack Moss (knee) as starter on Nov. 10, but he has not come close to matching that output in any of his proceeding four contests. Indeed, the redshirt junior failed to even top 55 yards in a contest after that huge showing versus the Ducks. With Moss likely heading to the NFL Draft -- Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reported earlier on Monday that a declaration would be coming -- Shyne should have an opportunity to earn the full-time starting job this offseason, though he would have greatly helped his case with a stronger down-the-stretch showing.

Mon, Dec 31, 2018 10:58:00 PM

Missouri senior QB Drew Lock completed 23-of-38 passes for 373 yards and three touchdowns in Monday's 38-33 bowl loss to Oklahoma State.

Lock (6'4/225) put on a show in his final collegiate game, and it shows why some evaluators believe in him as a first-round pick. The Athletic's Dane Brugler compares Lock to Derek Carr because of similarities with their accuracy and underrated mobility. Carr and Lock also share some poor decision making, and it will be on Lock's NFL coaching staff to get that out of him. In his senior season, Lock tossed 28 touchdowns and eight interceptions while averaging 8.0 yards per attempt. Teams like the Denver Broncos will get a chance to watch him up close in the Reese's Senior Bowl next month.

Mon, Dec 31, 2018 07:56:00 PM

JJ Arcega-Whiteside - WR -  Cardinal

Stanford redshirt junior WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside caught three passes for 90 yards in a 14-13 win over Pitt on Saturday in the Sun Bowl.

Whiteside caught three of the six completions here, and he had the biggest play of the game with a 49-yard catch that set up one of the two Stanford touchdowns. Arcega-Whiteside is academically a senior, but he is a redshirt junior in classification, so he could return for his senior season after a strong junior campaign (63/1,059/14). This will be a name to watch for in the next couple of weeks.

Mon, Dec 31, 2018 05:41:00 PM

Sports Day reports that Texas A&M junior RB Trayveon Williams will declare for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Williams (5'9/200) set the Texas A&M single-season rushing yards record after piling up 1,760 yards on 271 carries (6.5 YPC). The best offensive player on the field for some of his games this season, Williams was a threat for a long touchdown every time he touched the ball. Williams ended up racking up 18 touchdown runs, but he also showed a receiving ability, catching 27-of-39 targets for 278 yards and a score. In what many analysts view as a weak running back class, Williams has a chance to be a top-five RB and a Day 2 selection with a good combine.

Source: Ben Baby on Twitter 

Jan 3 - 7:22 PM

Auburn redshirt junior WR Darius Slayton declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Slayton (6'2/190) has worked as a consistent deep threat for the Tigers throughout his career, ending his three active years with the program averaging 20.3 yards per reception. For the 2018 campaign, the redshirt junior posted a 35-670-5 receiving line. Because Auburn's passing offense was such that it never truly showcased Slayton's talents on a game-in, game-out basis, the draft evaluation process figures to be all the more important for the wideout.

Source: Justin Ferguson on Twitter 

Jan 3 - 12:21 PM

Penn State junior RB Miles Sanders declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Sanders (5'11/215) is the fifth Nittany Lion to declare for the draft in the last two days. The junior had the unenviable task of replacing Saquon Barkley for the 2018 campaign and did a respectable job with his starting opportunity, finishing the season with 1,274 rushing yards (5.8 YPC) and nine touchdowns while adding 24 catches for 139 yards across 13 games played. ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranks Sanders as the No. 9 draft-eligible running back for the spring. He is a graceful athlete possessing of smooth moves, but we'll be watching to see how he runs at the combine next month.

Source: Miles Sanders on Twitter 

Jan 3 - 11:23 AM

Oregon junior WR Dillon Mitchell declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Justin Herbert is returning to quarterback for the Ducks in 2019, but he'll lose his top option to throw the ball to in Mitchell. He finished the regular season with a line of 75-1184-10, and Dane Brugler of The Athletic compared the 6-foot-2, 189-pound wideout to Eagles WR Nelson Agholor. We probably won't see Mitchell drafted as high as Agholor -- a first-round pick in the 2015 draft -- but he could be an early Day 2 pick because of his athleticism. It's worth noting, however, that Mitchell has had issues with drops, so that could hurt his draft stock.

Source: Dillon Mitchell on Twitter 

Jan 2 - 6:06 PM

NC State redshirt junior WR Jakobi Meyers accepted an invitation to the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Meyers (6'2/203) is not technically a senior, but as a fourth-year junior who has graduated he made the cut for the premiere postseason evaluation bowl. The Wolfpack wideout declared for the draft on Tuesday following a campaign in which he logged a 92-1047-4 receiving line. Those 92 receptions stand as a new school record. Meyers is rock-solid when it comes to making contested catches in traffic. Athletic testing figures to be crucial to his eventual draft slot. Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline is bullish on Meyers, grading him as a Round 2 prospect. That might be a touch optimistic in our book.

Source: Reese's Senior Bowl on Twitter 

Jan 2 - 3:36 PM

Florida junior RB Jordan Scarlett declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

What had been a trickle of declarations over the month of December has turned into a veritable flood with bowl season now completed (National Championship Game pending). Scarlett (5'11/210) is one of a multitude of players to declare on Wednesday and the fifth overall Gator to forego his remaining eligibility to pursue an NFL gig. The junior back rushed for 776 yards (5.9 YPC) and five touchdowns during the 2018 campaign. He possesses slick vision and a plus-quickness component to his game, but will have to answer questions regarding the credit card fraud scam which had him sidelined on suspension for the whole of the 2017 season. Of note on that front, former Florida WR Antonio Callaway was also suspended for that ill-advised scheme, but that did not prevent Callaway from being drafted last spring. The Browns selected him in the fourth round. Scarlett figures to draw some Day 3 interest upcoming, with Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline currently stamping him with a sixth-round grade.

Source: Jake Winderman on Twitter 

Jan 2 - 3:05 PM

Rivals' Austin Fox reports that Michigan redshirt junior TE Zach Gentry will declare for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Yet another talented tight end joining the draft fray, with Gentry joining the likes of Iowa's Noah Fant, UCLA's Caleb Wilson and Stanford's Kaden Smith in what will be a deep positional class for April. The 6-foot-8, 262-pounder recorded a 32-514-2 receiving line in 2018. Digging into his profile, The Draft Network's Kyle Crabbs views Gentry as "a seam-buster tight end prospect who has attractive size and mobility to be considered a receiving asset at the next level." Crabbs is keen on the Michigan product as a matchup mismatch when pitted against linebackers and safety, but cautions that he has some concerns over Gentry's functional strength. At this juncture, ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. does not rank Gentry among the top-10 tight end prospects in the 2019 draft-eligible class.

Source: Rivals 

Jan 2 - 2:37 PM

Washington senior RB Myles Gaskin ran for two scores and 121 yards on 24 carries and threw touchdown pass in a 28-23 loss to Ohio State in the Rose Bowl on Tuesday.

Gaskin had just seven carries for 24 yards at the half, and the Huskies probably will -- and should -- kick themselves for not getting him the ball more early on while falling behind 25 points. In the second half, the sensational senior was excellent, and he did a Tim Tebow impression with a jump-pass for a score. Gaskin's 5-foot-10, 193-pound size is going to hurt him with NFL scouts, but his production is tough to ignore. He's going to the Senior Bowl, and if he performs well, he'll definitely be in the draft mix despite his small stature.

Jan 1 - 8:53 PM

Ohio State redshirt senior WR Parris Campbell caught 11 passes for 71 yards with a touchdown in a 28-23 victory over Washington on Tuesday in the Rose Bowl.

Campbell (6'1/208) wasn't able to do much damage deep -- his longest catch was 19 yards -- but he helped keep the chains moving, especially early on. He scored on a 12-yard touchdown on a pass over the middle that gave the Buckeyes a 7-0 lead. Campbell is a tremendous athlete who has decent size, and he finished his year with 90 catches and 12 scores while going over the thousand-yard mark. He'll be among the most heavily scouted seniors at the position, and could be an early Day 2 pick -- maybe higher if he tests through the roof.

Jan 1 - 8:50 PM

I think if you look back at previous versions of this thread you will find that you are wrong. 

Is there a Barkley or Zeke in this draft? No. But there isn't in 99.99% of drafts. 

The combine and, ultimately, the NFL Draft will change the current perspective dramatically. It always does. 
Yep, It might not a specific poster, but yes someone or someones say the next year is going to be better than the current year. Then things play out where seemingly that future year never pans out to the greatness that was declared a year earlier. 

I'm already over 15 deep at WR, 10 deep at RB and over 5 deep at TE. Now some will drop off when the get picked as backups on teams with established players at the position. Then some get drafted by the perpetual bottom feeders with no QB or sucky QB. But there is plenty of talent to go around. Just no Julio,  no Gurley. You have to work this year after the KC RB is taken and the jets #1 wr is taken and the colts new #1 wr is taken.

You have to work this year after the KC RB is taken and the jets #1 wr is taken and the colts new #1 wr is taken.
Given how much March has changed the last few years there are going to be more holes that open up between now and draft time.

True. Jax RB could be one of them. I think HOU RB as well.
Some of these teams without a coach right now could clear a path too.  Arizona WR looks like an awful investment right now.  Get them the right coach and that could change quickly.

Holyfield, Ridley declared today. This draft class is starting to form its shape and I’m loving it!

Stack’em up!

Tex

This draft class is starting to form its shape and I’m loving it!

Stack’em up!

Tex
Yep. And updated top 5 for me

1. Jacobs (yet to declare but I'm certain he will)

2. Anderson

3. Henderson

4. Holyfield

5. Montgomery

Looks great to me. I might just keep 4 1st rounders instead of 3

Ohio State redshirt senior WR Terry McLaurin accepted an invitation to the Reese's Senior Bowl.

McLaurin (6'1/205) led the FBS in yards per target (16.7) among all players with at least 40 targets. The redshirt senior did so by picking up 19.7 yards per catch on his way to 11 touchdowns. McLaurin will most definitely be on #TeamAnalytics this draft season as long as he has an impressive NFL Combine. The Reese's Senior Bowl will be a chance for McLaurin to improve his draft stock for #TeamFilm and #TeamTraits.

Source: Senior Bowl 

Jan 4 - 7:40 PM

UC Davis senior WR Keelan Doss accepted an invitation to the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Doss (6'3/206) is beginning to make a name for himself after accepting an invite to the East-West Shrine Game two weeks ago and now accepting the trip to Mobile, Alabama. The UC-Davis product was as productive as possible over the last two seasons, picking up 223 receptions over that span. Considered a decent route runner at NFL size, Doss has a chance to earn a late Day 2 grade with positive showings at the East-West Shrine Game and the Reese's Senior Bowl. Doss may be the next FCS receiver to get snaps in the NFL.

Source: Senior Bowl 

Jan 4 - 6:35 PM

The Draft Network's Jon Ledyard called NC State junior WR Kelvin Harmon a "strong Round 1 candidate."

Ledyard also called Harmon (6'3/214) a "top 50 lock" because he's a "polished product." Harmon looked like a future NFL starter as a junior while picking up 1,065 yards and six touchdowns on 72 receptions. One area for Harmon that will help or hurt is draft stock is the 40-yard dash since some analysts have concerns regarding his speed. Considered a Day 2 selection, Harmon is a name to know for WR-needy teams.

Source: The Draft Network 

Jan 4 - 5:34 PM

Georgia junior WR Mecole Hardman declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

We expected plenty of Georgia players to declare for the draft after the Sugar Bowl, and we weren't wrong. Hardman (5'11/183) joins fellow Bulldog Riley Ridley in declaring early, and Georgia also loses tight end Isaac Nauta in the same capacity. Hardman caught 35 passes for 543 yards, and he also scored seven touchdowns for the 11-3 Bulldogs. Testing will be important for Hardman -- testing is important for every player -- but his ability to work from the slot and operate in the red zone should see him as a Day 3 selection at this point.

Source: Mecole Hardman on Twitter 

Jan 4 - 4:51 PM

2. Anderson

3. Henderson

4. Holyfield

5. Montgomery

Dr., you have Montgomery #5? I have him top 3 if he ends up in KC he’ll be overwhelmingly #1. He’s the type that KC would draft.

Tex

Dr., you have Montgomery #5? I have him top 3 if he ends up in KC he’ll be overwhelmingly #1. He’s the type that KC would draft.

Tex
If he ends up in KC he goes to the top of my list. if any of my top 5 end up in kc they move up. Montomgery is a lot like Hunt. I am much more excited about Anderson, Jacobs, Henderson. Montgomery I do like, dont get me wrong, but a lot depends on combine and even more on destination. 

There aren't a whole lot of destinations that I'd feel good about Montgomery landing if not KC. 

Dr. Dan said:
If he ends up in KC he goes to the top of my list. if any of my top 5 end up in kc they move up. Montomgery is a lot like Hunt. I am much more excited about Anderson, Jacobs, Henderson. Montgomery I do like, dont get me wrong, but a lot depends on combine and even more on destination. 

There aren't a whole lot of destinations that I'd feel good about Montgomery landing if not KC. 
Good chance any RB KC drafts get's over drafted in fantasy. What if someone out of your top 5 goes to KC in the 4th or later? Does he move up in the top 6 of rookie drafts? I think there's a good chance this is Williams job to lose. He looked tremendous after Hunt was released. 

Good chance any RB KC drafts get's over drafted in fantasy. What if someone out of your top 5 goes to KC in the 4th or later? Does he move up in the top 6 of rookie drafts? I think there's a good chance this is Williams job to lose. He looked tremendous after Hunt was released. 
No. If he's there late-mid round 1 I may take a flyer, but I have several 1sts so I can afford a riskier pick at that point. 

ETA: answered above based off someone not in my top 5 being drafted by kc round 4 or later. if anyone in my top 5 slips to round 4 and kc grabs him, then I would still be pumped. I read your question as if someone ranked 6th or worse was drafted by kc round 4 or later, how would I feel. I would not be excited and would look at it as a vote of confidence for what they have 

However I think the KC RB position is more success.from the system. I find it hard to believe they have several super stars at RB, one after the next after the next. and they might feel that way too. Williams is a FA and may want money. KC can get the same or better production cheaper and younger. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No. If he's there late-mid round 1 I may take a flyer, but I have several 1sts so I can afford a riskier pick at that point. 

ETA: answered above based off someone not in my top 5 being drafted by kc round 4 or later. if anyone in my top 5 slips to round 4 and kc grabs him, then I would still be pumped. I read your question as if someone ranked 6th or worse was drafted by kc round 4 or later, how would I feel. I would not be excited and would look at it as a vote of confidence for what they have 

However I think the KC RB position is more success.from the system. I find it hard to believe they have several super stars at RB, one after the next after the next. and they might feel that way too. Williams is a FA and may want money. KC can get the same or better production cheaper and younger. 
Williams signed a 2-year extension a few weeks ago.

I have updated the directory of player threads in the first post in this thread. Let me know if there are any players that I am missing.

Dr. Dan said:

2. Anderson

3. Henderson

4. Holyfield

5. Montgomery

The next 5 won't be shabby as well.

Rodney Anderson

Miles Sanders

Zack Moss

Devin Singletary

Benny Snell Jr or a list of 5 others. Bryce Love, Damien Harris Justice Hall, Dexter Williams, Myles Gaskin.

Way more RBs than job openings.

Lamical Perine returning to school probably a good idea with so many already declaring.

Way more RBs than job openings.
I was going to post something on this yesterday. if you look at how many openings there are, there arent many. especially full time gigs. 

There are good RBs in this class. We can safely assume some will hit. So that leaves even fewer openings in 2020. yet 2020 is supposedly a "stacked" rb class. going to be even less jobs available

Buffalo is a place where they could take one of the top RBs and you think you have a 3 down RB only to watch them take another guy in the next year or 2. Has happened to me twice. Had Delo Williams and the idiots draft Stewart. Had Gio Bernard and the idiots draft Hill. Neither better than the guy I drafted but both ended up ruining the situation.

Washington State redshirt junior RB James Williams declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Williams has long been a favorite of ours -- and anyone who watches college football -- as one of the very best receiving tailbacks in the country. He caught 83 passes for four touchdowns, but he also scored 12 times as a rusher with 565 yards on the ground. He's extremely slippery -- he routinely ranked among the leaders week-to-week -- in forcing missed tackles, and the 6-foot, 205-pound tailback should have the size to be a three-down player. At the very least, he should be a solid third-down option, and the man they call Boobie should hear his name called at some point in the 2019 draft.

Source: Boobie Williams on Twitter 

Jan 5 - 6:20 PM

Then there is this guy: Devine Ozigbo For 6'-0, 235, this guy is fast. Played with a freshman QB this year.
Watched the first 20 seconds of that video, and you can't tell me that didn't look like little league for a second.  Other than the tree trunk legs but the video just made me think of that idk why ha.  

Users who are viewing this thread