What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Do you really think you can build a team (1 Viewer)

JAA

Footballguy
Do you really think you can build a team around Larry Johnson?

A lot of the board members here have started a new dynasty leage this season. We havnt drafted yet, but as it turns out I have the 1.01. Prior to the staff rankings being released my top 3 were LT2, LJ and SA. As much as I appreciated what LJ has done last season, the potential he has showed, I couldnt find myself putting him #1.

The sad part, well ... the "dont you learn by your mistakes" part is we all saw this with Priest. How well could priest do when he came off his 2k yard season? Well, for a couple years he turned the league upside down breaking single season TD records in his path. Even through all that, something about him told me not too bite. I had a couple chances in redraft leagues, but I never could find the courage to pull the trigger when LT2 was around.

Here we are again. A KC RB who looks like he could break single season TD records could be the 1.01 in a lot of Dynasty drafts this season. He has shown flashes and also seems to have all the pieces in place to run into the record books.

With LT2 (or any other RB) on the board, do you think you can build a Dynasty Team around LJ?

Sure, you can build around lesser players too.

I prefer LT2, but won't argue about Larry as #1.

One of the reasons I like LT, is that I like getting my stud RB's handcuff, especially when that backup has starter potential.

Right now, the backup in KC may come a lot cheaper, but holds no future upside. Until they draft someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
LJ would be a solid #1 imo, but so would LT2. You cant go wrong with either really. But those wont be the only 2 players you'll be drafting. Every other owner in that league would love to have your dilemna, and if you take LJ @1, you can count on the next two owners thanking you for leaving them LT2 and SA, but dont kid yourself. If they were in your position, theyd do the same thing youre about to do. Keep the thinking simple. If youve got the 1 overall, just take LJ because he's got a little less mileage on the motor and he's an absolute beast with versatility, size and speed. Surround him with some significant help, and dont look back. He'll be a solid #1 RB for you for atleast 3 or 4 years.

I'm partial to LT. But either one is fine. I'd skip SA but any of the three and you don't have any worries...

A lot of the board members here have started a new dynasty leage this season. We havnt drafted yet, but as it turns out I have the 1.01. Prior to the staff rankings being released my top 3 were LT2, LJ and SA. As much as I appreciated what LJ has done last season, the potential he has showed, I couldnt find myself putting him #1.

The sad part, well ... the "dont you learn by your mistakes" part is we all saw this with Priest. How well could priest do when he came off his 2k yard season? Well, for a couple years he turned the league upside down breaking single season TD records in his path. Even through all that, something about him told me not too bite. I had a couple chances in redraft leagues, but I never could find the courage to pull the trigger when LT2 was around.

Here we are again. A KC RB who looks like he could break single season TD records could be the 1.01 in a lot of Dynasty drafts this season. He has shown flashes and also seems to have all the pieces in place to run into the record books.

With LT2 (or any other RB) on the board, do you think you can build a Dynasty Team around LJ?
Absolutely.LT2 has a lot of mileage.

LJ has a lot of tread left on the tire, and KC is committed to the running game.

LT2 just lost his Pro Bowl QB and has faded down the stretch (December) 2 of the past 3 years.

Both are 1/2. It is really your call, but I'd go with LJ. I wouldn't be upset with LT2 either, so I don't see where you could go wrong.

If you find an owner who covets LT2 strongly, trade down to 2.

Absolutely.LT2 has a lot of mileage.

LJ has a lot of tread left on the tire, and KC is committed to the running game.

LT2 just lost his Pro Bowl QB and has faded down the stretch (December) 2 of the past 3 years.

Both are 1/2. It is really your call, but I'd go with LJ. I wouldn't be upset with LT2 either, so I don't see where you could go wrong.

If you find an owner who covets LT2 strongly, trade down to 2.
He has never faded late in the season. Last year he was hurt because some #### from the Raiders dug his knuckles into his ribs during a pileup and Roman Oben was out.
Code:
2003| 14  det  |   25    88  |   148  |  2 || 15  gnb  |   20    51  |   144  |  2 || 16  pit  |   22    91  |     8  |  2 |2004| 14  tam  |   25   131  |    19  |  1 || 15  cle  |   26   111  |    -5  |  2 || 16  ind  |   21    81  |    95  |  2 |2005| 14  mia  |   21    75  |     0  |  0 || 15  ind  |   24    76  |     9  |  0 || 16  kan  |   14    47  |    18  |  0 |

I would take LT2 personally. He has shown that it doesn't matter who he is surrounded by he will put up monster numbers.

When Willie Roaf retires, can LJ do the same? Think about it. Here were Priest Holmes numbers with KC, pre-Willie Roaf:

2001: 327-1555-8; 62-614-2

Not bad, but not the domination that happened once Roaf joined the team, here were Holmes' number:

2002: 313-1615-21; 70-672-3

2003: 320-1420-27; 74-690-0

How many more years is Roaf gonna play? You're safe for this year...but then what?

Users who are viewing this thread