What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] LB #7(tie) (1 Viewer)

LB #7

• Ray Lewis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lofa Tatupu

• Demorrio Williams

• Zach Thomas

• Donnie Edwards

• Antonio Pierce

• London Fletcher

• Andra Davis

• Shawne Merriman

• Other

• Total voters

Tick

Footballguy
Please comment on your vote, and list any player that should be nominated for the next round. If you must assume a scoring system, go with 0.5 points per half-tackle, 3 points per sack / INT / FF / FR.I'm not going to link every poll - this forum is small enough that you can search for the previous results.1. Jonathan Vilma2t. Mike Peterson2t. Keith Bullock4. Brian Urlacher5. Nick Barnett6. Odell Thurman(notes: Gary Brackett, Kirk Morrison, Derrick Johnson, Lance Briggs, and Cato June added soon)Final results:Ray Lewis [ 8 ] [15.69%] Lofa Tatupu [ 10 ] [19.61%] Demorrio Williams [ 3 ] [5.88%] Zach Thomas [ 6 ] [11.76%] Donnie Edwards [ 7 ] [13.73%] Antonio Pierce [ 10 ] [19.61%] London Fletcher [ 3 ] [5.88%] Andra Davis [ 3 ] [5.88%] Shawne Merriman [ 1 ] [1.96%] Other [ 0 ] [0.00%] Tatupu/Pierce tie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't see Ray Lewis here. He is clearly in decline, has been for several years and has not turned it around - partly or fully because of injuries. I'd love to have him as LB2 but not LB1 anymore - certainly not in dynasty.

tough to pass on a promising rookie, but I'd still take Ray Ray over any of these guys
I just don't get this. Care to explain your reasoning?Also, you may want to add Al Wilson soon. He's aging, and has never been a great fantasy producer, but should be solid for many years to come.

tough to pass on a promising rookie, but I'd still take Ray Ray over any of these guys
I just don't get this. Care to explain your reasoning?Also, you may want to add Al Wilson soon. He's aging, and has never been a great fantasy producer, but should be solid for many years to come.
Huh - I own Al Wilson and only see him as a fallback guy - my LB3 unless I can come up with a real guy to plug in there. He's good in real life, but in fantasy he's pretty uninspiring... LB22 last season, not in the top 30 this season.

Ray Lewis had over 100 solo tackles in 7 of the last 9 seasons, with the only 2 misses due to injury. He's only 30 years old while Zach Thomas is 32 years old and coming off one of the best fantasy seasons of his career.If I had to place a wager on who would put up more solo tackles over the next 3 seasons, my money would be on Ray Lewis over any other player on this list.

Meanwhile, Al Wilson has only finished with 100 solo tackles ONCE in his 7 year career. In fact, that was the only time he ever finished with more than 72. In terms of fantasy value, Al Wilson shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Ray Lewis. Feel free to rank guys high after ONE good season...meanwhile, I'll gladly take the guy who has been one of the best LBs of all time with plenty of gas left in the tank.

In terms of fantasy value, Al Wilson shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Ray Lewis.
Amen
meanwhile, I'll gladly take the guy who has been one of the best LBs of all time with plenty of gas left in the tank.
Personally I think the needle is hovering just above E but that may just be me.

Tough choices here.....do you want the consistency of the vets game in game out or little less consistency with potential. Personaly I prefer the consistency possibility over the next couple years.A bit shocked Odell made it obove a couple these guys. Love Odell but his tackle #'s just dont make the grade. Tons of big play ability, I guess, got him in.

On this note, I don't believe Antonio Pierce has done anything to warrant his name above Andra Davis. Besides getting those PD's from coverage play, I can't find any stats to put Pierce over the top. Besides, Davis is younger and has a nice extention.

Ray Lewis had over 100 solo tackles in 7 of the last 9 seasons, with the only 2 misses due to injury. He's only 30 years old while Zach Thomas is 32 years old and coming off one of the best fantasy seasons of his career.If I had to place a wager on who would put up more solo tackles over the next 3 seasons, my money would be on Ray Lewis over any other player on this list.

Meanwhile, Al Wilson has only finished with 100 solo tackles ONCE in his 7 year career. In fact, that was the only time he ever finished with more than 72. In terms of fantasy value, Al Wilson shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Ray Lewis. Feel free to rank guys high after ONE good season...meanwhile, I'll gladly take the guy who has been one of the best LBs of all time with plenty of gas left in the tank.
Sorry for the triple post but keep in mind that several key players on the Line and Tommy Polley are in their final year. If Baltimore can't afford them, then seemingly Ray Ray is in for some more tackles.

Sorry for the triple post but keep in mind that several key players on the Line and Tommy Polley are in their final year. If Baltimore can't afford them, then seemingly Ray Ray is in for some more tackles.
... or he sees more O-linemen in his face and makes fewer tackles as a result.

Zach Thomas - still no respect. He's not going to lose his job to Crowder next year, either...I'm a Seahawks fan, but I can't vote for Lofa yet.

Zach Thomas - still no respect. He's not going to lose his job to Crowder next year, either...

I'm a Seahawks fan, but I can't vote for Lofa yet.
you'd rather have one or two more years from Thomas instead of 10 or more years from Tatupu?

I'm not sure what you're implying by saying "feel free to rank guys higher after ONE good season." Al Wilson hasn't even had that great of a season, and I realize he's never been a stat monster. I just feel that he has the potential to put up solid numbers. And I never said he should go ahead of any of those guys, just that IMO he deserves mention.I disagree with you about Ray Lewis, but thanks for the explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what you're implying by saying "feel free to rank guys higher after ONE good season." Al Wilson hasn't even had that great of a season, and I realize he's never been a stat monster. I just feel that he has the potential to put up solid numbers. And I never said he should go ahead of any of those guys, just that IMO he deserves mention.I disagree with you about Ray Lewis, but thanks for the explanation.
That was directed more at people who are taking Odell Thurman and Lofa Tatupu over Lewis. I like those guys a lot too, and I think it's certainly defensible to rank them this high...but, a lot of people were probably in love with guys like DJ Williams and Teddy Lehman not that long ago too (myself included). I don't think Thurman or Tatupu are in danger of losing their starting jobs or being moved to another position, but I just tend to value consistency more than most people and try not to go overboard over one great rookie season. There have been quite a few examples I can remember of IDP rookies who came on like gangbusters and then failed to live up to the expectations they created for themselves in subsequent years. I love the potential of young guys a lot too, but I guess I just differ from most who think Ray Lewis is done as an elite fantasy LB.

I'm not sure what you're implying by saying "feel free to rank guys higher after ONE good season."  Al Wilson hasn't even had that great of a season, and I realize he's never been a stat monster.  I just feel that he has the potential to put up solid numbers.  And I never said he should go ahead of any of those guys, just that IMO he deserves mention.

I disagree with you about Ray Lewis, but thanks for the explanation.
That was directed more at people who are taking Odell Thurman and Lofa Tatupu over Lewis. I like those guys a lot too, and I think it's certainly defensible to rank them this high...but, a lot of people were probably in love with guys like DJ Williams and Teddy Lehman not that long ago too (myself included). I don't think Thurman or Tatupu are in danger of losing their starting jobs or being moved to another position, but I just tend to value consistency more than most people and try not to go overboard over one great rookie season. There have been quite a few examples I can remember of IDP rookies who came on like gangbusters and then failed to live up to the expectations they created for themselves in subsequent years. I love the potential of young guys a lot too, but I guess I just differ from most who think Ray Lewis is done as an elite fantasy LB.
I agree that Thurman and Tatupu are going to early. DJ Williams also came to mind as an example of young guys whose FFL stats get disrupted by a position change.

I'm not sure what you're implying by saying "feel free to rank guys higher after ONE good season."  Al Wilson hasn't even had that great of a season, and I realize he's never been a stat monster.  I just feel that he has the potential to put up solid numbers.  And I never said he should go ahead of any of those guys, just that IMO he deserves mention.

I disagree with you about Ray Lewis, but thanks for the explanation.
I value consistency a lot too, and you are right that Lewis will probably give you that. But aside from his 6-10 tackles a game, I just don't think we can expect much more from him.

Users who are viewing this thread