What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] LB #9/10 (1 Viewer)

LB #9

• Ray Lewis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demorrio Williams

• Zach Thomas

• Donnie Edwards

• London Fletcher

• Andra Davis

• Shawne Merriman

• Other

• Total voters

Tick

Footballguy
Please comment on your vote, and list any player that should be nominated for the next round. If you must assume a scoring system, go with 0.5 points per half-tackle, 3 points per sack / INT / FF / FR.I'm not going to link every poll - this forum is small enough that you can search for the previous results.1. Jonathan Vilma2t. Mike Peterson2t. Keith Bullock4. Brian Urlacher5. Nick Barnett6. Odell Thurman7t. Lofa Tatupu7t. Antonio Pierce(notes: Gary Brackett, Kirk Morrison, Derrick Johnson, Lance Briggs, and Cato June added soon)Final results:Ray Lewis [ 9 ] [28.13%] Demorrio Williams [ 4 ] [12.50%] Zach Thomas [ 1 ] [3.13%] Donnie Edwards [ 6 ] [18.75%] London Fletcher [ 3 ] [9.38%] Andra Davis [ 8 ] [25.00%] Shawne Merriman [ 1 ] [3.13%] Other [ 0 ] [0.00%] Ray Lewis is #9, Andra Davis is #10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many questions with Demorrio right now to put him above the consistent older guard of Lewis, Thomas, and Edwards.I voted Lewis, but in mind the next three are interchangeable right now. If I hear good things about Edwards' knee in the offseason (which sure looked healthy enough last week), I might go Edwards here. I'm wondering if his blitzing opps were cut down because of the knee or Merriman. He got to the QB plenty in 2004 with Foley running wild though.Andra Davis finished 18th in my scoring system, which values big plays just a hair more than the guidelines above (3.5 sack and 4 INT) and with a boatload of assisted tackles to boost his numbers.I'd take any of the old guard above him.

In terms of IDP dynasty I value players closer to their redraft value than I do on the offensive side of the ball. There seems to be more turnover, positition switches, etc. Makes a guy who you know will put up solid production for 1-2yrs that much more value.Therefore, Edwards is my pick here.

when healthy, does anyone really doubt that Ray Lewis will be a top-5 LB for the next few years?
He was LB9 last year, his PPG were 30th this year, he's 31, he missed half the season this year. I wouldn't be surprised either way - he could revert to top-10 seasons, or he could get injured more and more and perform less and less.

when healthy, does anyone really doubt that Ray Lewis will be a top-5 LB for the next few years?
He was LB9 last year, his PPG were 30th this year, he's 31, he missed half the season this year. I wouldn't be surprised either way - he could revert to top-10 seasons, or he could get injured more and more and perform less and less.
according to this, he was LB4 last year despite only playing in 15 games.1. Donnie Edwards - 16gp, 160 pts

2. Keith Bulluck - 16gp, 159.5 pts

3. Derrick Brooks - 16gp, 141 pts

4. Ray Lewis - 15gp, 139 pts

5. Jamie Sharper - 16gp, 136.5 pts

EDIT: and he finished that high despite getting just 1 sack, 0 interceptions, and 1 forced fumble last year. While his days of dominance may be coming to an end, I still think its far too early to write this guy off. Anyway, JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I went with Zealots because it's the easiest thing for me to look up.There, it went like this:. Edwards, Donnie SDC LB 174.92 Bulluck, Keith TEN LB 174.43 Spikes, Takeo BUF LB 160.74 Farrior, James PIT LB 149.35 Sharper, Jamie SEA LB 149.16 Brooks, Derrick TBB LB 145.37 Bruschi, Tedy NEP LB 141.58 Fletcher, London BUF LB 139.669 Lewis, Ray BAL LB 139

Hard vote between the vets in ZT, Ray Lewis, Donnie Edwards, and London Fletcher. However, my vote comes down to Solos as big plays are all similar. Even still, Ray Ray and Donnie are pretty much neck and neck. Ray Lewis is 2 years younger, which normally would have my attention, but hasn't stayed injury free like Donnie. Edwards 17-1 last week also tells me the good days aren't over just yet.Donnie Edwards over Ray Lewis.

Users who are viewing this thread