What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty League Rules regarding the Trading of Future Picks (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
In this league I joined last yr; I acquired a 2009 pick in the 2007 season. Now I traded that 2009 pick to get an extra 2008 pick for this draft. I still own all of my 2009 picks... but the guy wants 2009 dues from me.

Rule Book

" Future draft picks can be traded, however 100% of the $150.00 league fee for next year will be due and payable before trades involving future picks will be allowed and considered final. Only the team(s) giving up future picks will have to pay the advance payment. "

So this is how it works now:

Team A aqcuires a future pick from Team B. Team B pays future Dues... standard dynasty rule. Then Team A trades Team B's pick away for a player; now Team A has too pay its Future Dues as well. Why does Team A have too pay any Future Dues if Team A still has all its Future Picks.. Hasn't the Future Dues already been paid by Team B since its Team B's pick being shipped around.

I paid the Dues anyways... so the trade went forward; but not everyone has the money laying around like that.

What does the SP think?

In this league I joined last yr; I acquired a 2009 pick in the 2007 season. Now I traded that 2009 pick to get an extra 2008 pick for this draft. I still own all of my 2009 picks... but the guy wants 2009 dues from me.Rule Book" Future draft picks can be traded, however 100% of the $150.00 league fee for next year will be due and payable before trades involving future picks will be allowed and considered final. Only the team(s) giving up future picks will have to pay the advance payment. "So this is how it works now:Team A aqcuires a future pick from Team B. Team B pays future Dues... standard dynasty rule. Then Team A trades Team B's pick away for a player; now Team A has too pay its Future Dues as well. Why does Team A have too pay any Future Dues if Team A still has all its Future Picks.. Hasn't the Future Dues already been paid by Team B since its Team B's pick being shipped around. I paid the Dues anyways... so the trade went forward; but not everyone has the money laying around like that.What does the SP think?
Commish first name not Neil is it. :excited: I agree with you, you should not have paid.But if you don't have 150.00 laying around you should get another job. Or at least a 2nd job.What did you get back in return? 1.?

I understand what you are thinking and I agree with you that you should not have had to pay because your team still has all of their 2009 picks.

I understand the purpose of the rule is to keep a team from trading away the future and then bailing on the league. I think the rule needs to be rewritten to state that these fees are due by any team trading any of their future picks. The advance payment for this pick had already been collected.

Commish first name not Neil is it. :excited: I agree with you, you should not have paid.But if you don't have 150.00 laying around you should get another job. Or at least a 2nd job.What did you get back in return? 1.?
NO.. not Neil. Like I said; for me.. not a problem.. I paid up. and I don't want to get into the trade; its in the AC forum.Thie guy is a good commish... he checks in twice a day... active w/ trades; I just disagree with his rules when it comes too trading picks.He also demands that both parties pay Future Dues in those deals where Team A trades Decent Player / Future 1st for Team B Good Player / Future 3rdI have said before... the team trading the higher pick must pay... Why make a Team trading a 3rd pick pay $150 as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Requiring teams to pay in advance is almost always a good thing IMO. It may be best to put a smaller amount like a 50% deposit or something like that instead of 100% but now you have 2 committed owners for the next season instead of one. What's wrong with that?

Users who are viewing this thread