What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Overall Player Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who is the #6 player to have in a dynasty league?

• RB Cadillac Williams, TB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB Ronnie Brown, MIA

• RB Lamont Jordan, OAK

• RB Rudi Johnson, CIN

• QB Peyton Manning, IND

• RB Reggie Bush, NCAA

• RB Edgerrin James, ARI

• RB Willis McGahee, BUF

• Other

• Total voters

snorlax

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
As a continuation of the work OZ (and Tick) did in his positional dynasty polls, I am going to run a series of polls on overall player rankings in a dynasty league. This will allow us to see both how people's values of the players have changed in the last couple of months and how people value the players relative to each other across positions. I am going to attempt to get as many of these done before the NFL Draft as possible because player values will fluctuate wildly at that point, and I may just let OZ take over with a new series of position polls at that point. (I am also doing this before the Draft because some of us have fantasy drafts starting that day.) In order to make this most applicable to everyone, let's assume a standard lineup and scoring rules.

Standard fbg scoring rules:

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 pts per rushing/receiving TD

1 pt per 20 yards passing

4 pts per passing TD

-1 per INT

3 pts per FG

1 pt per XP

Lineup:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 RB/WR/TE flex

1 K

1 D

I started this poll by including the top ten players in the staff rankings plus the consensus top rookie. I don't expect these polls to mirror the staff rankings, and there should be some interesting discussion as a result, but I will add the next players to the poll from the staff rankings if necessary. I would prefer to add players only after they have gotten a couple of other votes in the previous poll. Some of these players probably won't get any votes for now, but I'm not going to temporarily remove them as OZ did because I don't think the clutter among the poll choices will be an issue for now. Anyway, on to the rankings.

1. RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

2. RB Larry Johnson, KC

3. RB Shaun Alexander, SEA

4. RB Clinton Portis, WAS

5. RB Steven Jackson, STL

Who is the #6 player to have in a dynasty league? If you vote other please list the player. I added Willis McGahee by request. If you think someone else should be added next round let me know.

I'll put the next poll up in a little while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bet on this next one being the tightest and most controversy-inducing race.

IMO...

Ronnie

Bush

Caddy (seems too injury prone for my liking)

I wouldn't look past Manning winning one of the next two polls as the Rbs will be stealing votes from each other.

And I would'nt argue Manning being a potential fantasy MVP next year since the Colts will be relying heavily on the passing game.

4 points per TD drags down his value but nobody should be surprised if Manning produces numbers close to 2004 in 2006 and maybe 2007 if they still don't have a proven RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't look past Manning winning one of the next two polls as the Rbs will be stealing votes from each other.

And I would'nt argue Manning being a potential fantasy MVP next year since the Colts will be relying heavily on the passing game.

4 points per TD drags down his value but nobody should be surprised if Manning produces numbers close to 2004 in 2006 and maybe 2007 if they still don't have a proven RB.
Manning doesn't have a vote yet in this one; I'm not too concerned.

Give me a league where you can do a run and shoot type of O and some points for receptions and I go WR right now. But since you must have 2 RB's and can play a 3rd and since there is no receptions than RB will be the pick. I am not big on the parameters of this poll myself. I like giving owners options instead of being forced into taking a RB.

Give me a league where you can do a run and shoot type of O and some points for receptions and I go WR right now. But since you must have 2 RB's and can play a 3rd and since there is no receptions than RB will be the pick. I am not big on the parameters of this poll myself. I like giving owners options instead of being forced into taking a RB.
Free will down?

Brown is the safest pick on the board right now. He's in a great situation which seems to be getting better by the day, is at the very beginning of his career, and has already shown that he can carry the rock at this level. The next vote will be interesting IMHO (not this one).

With Ricky out of the picture for this year and his staus up in the air, I think Brown is the correct choice at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread