What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Overall Player Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who is the #20 player to own in a dynasty league?

• WR Anquan Boldin, ARI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QB Tom Brady, NE

• TE Antonio Gates, SD

• WR Torry Holt, STL

• RB Julius Jones, DAL

• RB Jamal Lewis, BAL

• RB Deuce McAllister, NO

• QB Donovan McNabb, PHI

• WR Randy Moss, OAK

• WR Terrell Owens, DAL

• QB Carson Palmer, CIN

• RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

• Other

• Total voters

snorlax

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
As a continuation of the work OZ (and Tick) did in his positional dynasty polls, I am going to run a series of polls on overall player rankings in a dynasty league. This will allow us to see both how people's values of the players have changed in the last couple of months and how people value the players relative to each other across positions. I am going to attempt to get as many of these done before the NFL Draft as possible because player values will fluctuate wildly at that point, and I may just let OZ take over with a new series of position polls at that point. (I am also doing this before the Draft because some of us have fantasy drafts starting that day.) In order to make this most applicable to everyone, let's assume a standard lineup and scoring rules.

Standard fbg scoring rules:

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 pts per rushing/receiving TD

1 pt per 20 yards passing

4 pts per passing TD

-1 per INT

3 pts per FG

1 pt per XP

Lineup:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 RB/WR/TE flex

1 K

1 D

I started this poll by including the top ten players in the staff rankings plus the consensus top rookie. I don't expect these polls to mirror the staff rankings, and there should be some interesting discussion as a result, but I will add the next players to the poll from the staff rankings if necessary. I would prefer to add players only after they have gotten a couple of other votes in the previous poll. Some of these players probably won't get any votes for now, but I'm not going to temporarily remove them as OZ did because I don't think the clutter among the poll choices will be an issue for now. Anyway, on to the rankings.

1. RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

2. RB Larry Johnson, KC

3. RB Shaun Alexander, SEA

4. RB Clinton Portis, WAS

5. RB Steven Jackson, STL

6. RB Ronnie Brown, MIA

7. (Runoff) RB Cadillac Williams, TB

8. RB Reggie Bush, NCAA

9. (Runoff) RB Lamont Jordan, OAK

10. RB Willis McGahee, BUF

11. QB Peyton Manning, IND

12. (Runoff) RB DeAngelo Williams, NCAA

13. WR Larry Fitzgerald, ARI

14. RB Edgerrin James, ARI

15. WR Chad Johnson, CIN

16. RB Rudi Johnson, CIN

17. (Tie) RB Tiki Barber, NYG

(Runoff) RB Kevin Jones, DET

(Runoff) WR Steve Smith, CAR

Who is the #20 player to have in a dynasty league? If you vote other please list the player. If you think someone else should be added next round let me know.

I will put the next poll up sometime tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holt or Gates here. I went Holt. That guy seems to be a lock for 100 catches, 1300 yds and 10+ TDs each year. In fact, he had 102 catches for 1300+ yds in 14 games last year.

You can tell the draft is coming. 2 Rookies in the top 12, no thanks.
Two rookies make the top 12, now we are at 20, and Cedric Benson isnt even listed yet. Tell me what makes a rookie who doesnt have a team yet any better of a pick than Benson?

TO is my pick...as much as I hate the guy, he just produces, no matter who the QB is. Gates is a decent pick but the change at QB scares me a little.

You can tell the draft is coming.  2 Rookies in the top 12, no thanks.
Two rookies make the top 12, now we are at 20, and Cedric Benson isnt even listed yet. Tell me what makes a rookie who doesnt have a team yet any better of a pick than Benson?
:lmao: :goodposting:

Benson before any rookie NOT named Bush,who'll start immediately wherever he goes..

You can tell the draft is coming. 2 Rookies in the top 12, no thanks.
:lmao: :goodposting:

Benson before any rookie NOT named Bush,who'll start immediately wherever he goes..
Maybe. I personally would prefer DeAngelo Williams, but it's arguable.Totally depends on your view of Thomas Jones though.Gates is the answer here.

I think that Palmer is slipping in these ranks for no good reason, especially when you consider Manning has already been off the board a while. 4 pts. per TD passing is the scoring system, which devalues QB's, but its also only -1 per INT.

I think that Palmer is slipping in these ranks for no good reason
besides his knee injury and the value of RB's and WR's at this point in a fantasy draft that is

Moss, Gates and Holt are good picks too.

The one player that completely stands out on this list is Tiki Barber. Personally I don't think he comes close to belonging in the top 20 in a dynasty league. I'd rank him in the 50's-60's since no player who has a 2-3 year max window left deserves a premium ranking.

Users who are viewing this thread