What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Overall Player Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who is the #22 player to own in a dynasty league?

• RB Cedric Benson, CHI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR Anquan Boldin, ARI

• QB Tom Brady, NE

• RB Julius Jones, DAL

• RB Jamal Lewis, BAL

• RB Deuce McAllister, NO

• QB Donovan McNabb, PHI

• WR Randy Moss, OAK

• WR Terrell Owens, DAL

• QB Carson Palmer, CIN

• RB Chester Taylor, MIN

• RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

• Other

• Total voters

snorlax

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
As a continuation of the work OZ (and Tick) did in his positional dynasty polls, I am going to run a series of polls on overall player rankings in a dynasty league. This will allow us to see both how people's values of the players have changed in the last couple of months and how people value the players relative to each other across positions. I am going to attempt to get as many of these done before the NFL Draft as possible because player values will fluctuate wildly at that point, and I may just let OZ take over with a new series of position polls at that point. (I am also doing this before the Draft because some of us have fantasy drafts starting that day.) In order to make this most applicable to everyone, let's assume a standard lineup and scoring rules.

Standard fbg scoring rules:

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 pts per rushing/receiving TD

1 pt per 20 yards passing

4 pts per passing TD

-1 per INT

3 pts per FG

1 pt per XP

Lineup:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 RB/WR/TE flex

1 K

1 D

I started this poll by including the top ten players in the staff rankings plus the consensus top rookie. I don't expect these polls to mirror the staff rankings, and there should be some interesting discussion as a result, but I will add the next players to the poll from the staff rankings if necessary. I would prefer to add players only after they have gotten a couple of other votes in the previous poll. Some of these players probably won't get any votes for now, but I'm not going to temporarily remove them as OZ did because I don't think the clutter among the poll choices will be an issue for now. Anyway, on to the rankings.

1. RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

2. RB Larry Johnson, KC

3. RB Shaun Alexander, SEA

4. RB Clinton Portis, WAS

5. RB Steven Jackson, STL

6. RB Ronnie Brown, MIA

7. (Runoff) RB Cadillac Williams, TB

8. RB Reggie Bush, NCAA

9. (Runoff) RB Lamont Jordan, OAK

10. RB Willis McGahee, BUF

11. QB Peyton Manning, IND

12. (Runoff) RB DeAngelo Williams, NCAA

13. WR Larry Fitzgerald, ARI

14. RB Edgerrin James, ARI

15. WR Chad Johnson, CIN

16. RB Rudi Johnson, CIN

17. WR Steve Smith, CAR

18. (Runoff) RB Tiki Barber, NYG

19. (Runoff) RB Kevin Jones, DET

20. TE Antonio Gates, SD

21. WR Torry Holt, STL

Who is the #22 player to have in a dynasty league? If you vote other please list the player. If you think someone else should be added next round let me know.

I will put the next poll up either late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for Palmer, I know he has the Knee Injury but barring any major setbacks he should be a the top of his game for many many years to come. He plays on a powerful offense, I can see him overtaking Payton in a few years fantasy wise.

Glad to see Gates finally go off the board.

I voted Boldin here. He was second or third in the NFL in receiving yards/game and seems poised for superstardom. The only concern is his history of knee injuries, which could shorten his career. Nevertheless, I think he's clearly the best option left here.

Randy Moss is also worth considering, but you have to wonder if he's willing to put in the work needed to maximize his natural ability.

Voted Owens. He has a great situation in Dallas and could be the #1 WR this year. Maybe he won't play long, but he'll be too good this year to pass up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take Chester the Molester over any RB on this board. If I'm drafting at the 21 spot, I'm trading down if I'm looking at RB because you'll find him lower. :yes:

I went with Westbrook. I like his upside with TO gone. He averages a ton of yards and about 8 TDS/season

I'd take Chester the Molester over any RB on this board. If I'm drafting at the 21 spot, I'm trading down if I'm looking at RB because you'll find him lower. :yes:
:goodposting: this guy is going to be very good this year

McKinnie-Hutch-Birk

Richardson

Taylor

Left side all day

I'll still take Deuce or Westbrook ahead of him, but a top 3 pick is looking pretty nice in a 12 team league. It's looking like the #1 team will land LT and 2 of BW, Taylor and Deuce. Not bad at all.

I'll still take Deuce or Westbrook ahead of him, but a top 3 pick is looking pretty nice in a 12 team league. It's looking like the #1 team will land LT and 2 of BW, Taylor and Deuce. Not bad at all.
Yeah I just noticed that... it'd be pretty awesome to have a top 2-3 pick and get Owens/Moss/Holt/Boldin in the 2nd + maybe Deuce/Westy in the 3rd Round.

I'll give this one to Deuce and put up the next poll in a little bit.
Wooooo Deuce.Add Chestor Taylor, Marvin Harrison
I was planning on giving it to Deuce, but now I think Moss is begging for a runoff. I'll see where we're at when the Brewer game is over. I'll add Harrison next round, but I think it's more fair to give Chester Taylor only one slot.

Users who are viewing this thread