What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty QB Rankings- QB10 (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank as the #10 dynasty QB?

• Matt Hasselbeck (9-25-1975)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Derek Anderson (6-15-1983)

• Vince Young (5-18-1983)

• Marc Bulger (4-5-1977)

• Other

• Total voters

jeter23

Footballguy
1. Peyton Manning, Colts (3-24-1976) 59% [brady 37%]

2. Tom Brady, Patriots (8-3-1977) 37% [Romo 3%] **QB1 and 2 used the same poll**

3. Carson Palmer, Bengals (12-27-1979) 44% [Romo 21%]

4. Drew Brees, Saints (1-15-1979) 43% [Romo 34%]

5. Tony Romo, Cowboys (4-21-1980) 50% [Roethlisberger 47%]

6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (3-2-1982) 47% **Same poll used for QB5 and 6**

7. Jay Cutler, Broncos (4-29-1983) 29% [E Manning 18%]

8. Eli Manning, Giants (1-3-1981) 26% [McNabb 20%]

9. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (11-25-1976) 28% [Hasselbeck 26%]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll add him in the next poll. I did not add anyone due to the few number of votes for "other" in the last poll.

"other"

Schaub- once Houston picks up a serviceable RB, the offense will take off and be a pass heavy offense.

I'm gonna repost my comments on Garrard from the last thread because I see a lot of people showing Eli love for his end of the year stretch, but no one is giving Garrard respect for endin his season in a similar fashion.

Went with Hasselbeck. I thought he did an exceptional job carrying the offense last season. Felt like he showed a lot of maturity compared to where he was a few years ago.

"other"Schaub- once Houston picks up a serviceable RB, the offense will take off and be a pass heavy offense.
I wouldn't vote for him here, but I would add him as part of the next tier in the next poll. Garrard Schaub Rivers
Wow, how VY's fallen in a year....
Many will say he was simply overrated last year, maybe they're right. Now, I think he's being underrated by many, but it does depend on format and whether you believe he'll go back to running when needed. He was forcing himself to become a QB he isn't, but that may help long term. I have him right below Hasselbeck here, but can easily see where others prefer the others. VY is one of those players you probably won't want to pay for in established leagues (from what I've seen, his owners still love him) but should be good value in new leagues where owners aren't attached to "their guys".

From the qb 9 thread,

"While I agree that Hass is undervalued and he should have been ranked at 8, I disagree with your assesment of Garrard.

In his first year as a true starter and (I believe) his first year under a new OC, Garrard got off to a slow start. He threw only4 TD's and was underwhelming as a fantasy QB, that's true.

However, anyone who followed his season can tell you he progressed greatly as it went on. In his last six games of the regular season, after returning from injury, he threw for 1368 yards and 13 passing TD's (plus 1 rushing) with only 3 INT's. That's an average of 228 pass yards per game and 2.3 TD's per game. In my league, through that stretch he averaged 20.6 ppg. On top of that, through the last six weeks of the season (including a week he did not play) he was top 5 in points by a qb. He finished 17th overall on the season among qb's and had he not missed 4 games he may have been top 10 despite his slow start. In other words,he's more than a bye week option."

jeter23 said:
Thanks for all of the input. Schaub, Garrard and Rivers will be added next.
;) Was thinking that before I read the comments.For once "It's not even close" ALMOST makes sense....Hasslebeck here...but the next 3 or 4 ARE close.

if Bulger (and SJax) weren't hurt most of the year, Bulger would be Top 10
:hot: I think that too many are discounting this guy. He is not very old and you can bet they will be working on improving tat OL in the FA and draft. If they can get a good OL going he could be good for a number of years.

I like Bulger, but his WRs are getting up there in age. Until they retool that receiving corp and find a stud, heir apparent for Holt, I wouldn't be comfortable with having to rely on him on a week to week basis. Hasselbeck is the choice for me here, with Garrard a close second.

I like Bulger, but his WRs are getting up there in age. Until they retool that receiving corp and find a stud, heir apparent for Holt, I wouldn't be comfortable with having to rely on him on a week to week basis. Hasselbeck is the choice for me here, with Garrard a close second.
:kicksrock:

Anderson is on this poll because he has a pure stud WR, a stud TE, and a solid offensive line. I, however, think he is overrated right now.

Schaub, Garrard, Phil Rivers all should be on this poll.

VY shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as "NFL QB", unless you include the phrase "is nowhere near being a true"

Hasselbeck for QB10, although I'd put him ahead of McNabb and Eli.

Anderson is on this poll because he has a pure stud WR, a stud TE, and a solid offensive line. I, however, think he is overrated right now.
so does Jim Sorgi :lmao:
VY shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as "NFL QB", unless you include the phrase "is nowhere near being a true"
:unsure: yet he's not a horrendous FF QB, and he wins games. He's not going to lose his job, and he'll produce ok points - I wouldn't take him yet, but after the next few, I'll probably start voting for him.

so does Jim Sorgi :lmao: oh, har har hardeee....har har!
:thumbup: yet he's not a horrendous FF QB, and he wins games. He's not going to lose his job, and he'll produce ok points - I wouldn't take him yet, but after the next few, I'll probably start voting for him.
He doesn't win games, his team does.Let's analyze VY and compare him to another QB. We'll call the other QB "SL"

Average PPG through 2 seasons:

VY - 13.7

SL - 16.0

# of negative-point fantasy games through 2 seasons:

VY - 1

SL - 2

# of < 5-point fantasy games through 2 seasons:

VY - 7

SL - 6

# of < 10-point fantasy games through 2 seasons:

VY - 13

SL - 10

# of 10<>15 fantasy games through 2 seasons:

VY - 5

SL - 4

# of 15<>20 games through 2 seasons:

VY - 5

SL - 8

# of 20<>30 games through 2 seasons:

VY - 5

SL - 5

# of > 30 games through 2 seasons:

VY - 2

SL - 2

Kinda evenly matched so far, isn't it? Let's look a little more closely at those first 2 seasons, as they both showed similar rookie prowess and potential, then seemed to fall apart in the 2nd season.

Average PPG season 1

VY - 15.4

SL - 20.4

Average PPG season 2

VY - 12.0

SL - 11.5

# of single-digit fantasy games season 1

VY - 4

SL - 4

# of single-digit fantasy games season 2

VY - 9

SL - 7

Wow. Similar starts, similar dropoffs

# of games < 15 points, season 1

VY - 8

SL - 6

# of games < 15 points, season 2

VY - 9

SL - 9

ooooh....this is freaky, isn't it?

# of games > 30 points, season 1

VY - 2

SL - 4

# of games > 30 points, season 2

VY - 0

SL - 0

Wow. FRIGHTENINGLY similar, isn't it?

Any idea who "SL" is?

The "SL" stands for "Slash".

Seems that there are similarities beyond their ability to run, their inability to pass, and their inability to be effective as a QB.

You want him? You can have him.

Rivers probably needed to be added a while ago. He really turned it on during the playoffs once LT/Gates got injured. Showed great chemistry with Chambers and VJax. I see that offense improving next year

loose circuits said:
Rivers probably needed to be added a while ago. He really turned it on during the playoffs once LT/Gates got injured. Showed great chemistry with Chambers and VJax. I see that offense improving next year
:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread