What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the game here, but Caddy's line sure looked good. 13-97-1, with a long run of 35 and a 1 yd td run. Higher YPC than Ward who also put up a nice statline.Are you going to use that waiver priority on him? :P
Like I said, Caddy's not on the street in my league. If he was, I would have added him already. I was never saying that Caddy wasn't worth rostering (at least in my league, which is a very deep league), I said he wasn't worth paying for.I wound up getting the TB game today, so I saw him. I thought he looked better today than he ever had in the league before, even his rookie season. I'm still maintaining a healthy skepticism, though, because the TB O-line was opening some GAPING holes, and because Ward looked equally good. In fact, the Buc that impressed me the most today was Michael Clayton. I made a couple of comments about him through the game, but he was partying like it was 2004. He looked even better than his stat line indicated. Of course, just like with Caddy, I'm approaching him with a healthy level of skepticism.
Ok, I guess I just don't consider a 10 team, 32 roster league to be particularly "deep". Then again, you don't have IDP so I guess there are going to be more offensive guys rostered, but still... the fact is, he's on the wire (or could have been had VERY cheap this offseason) in almost all of my 16 teams which have between 32 and 45 roster spots.

Timmons has LB1 upside and needed to show it this year for my team since I don't have anything else on the roster at LB above a low end LB2. I will lose the LB1 battle just about every week Timmons isn't playing 3 downs, which is indefinitely at this point.
Eh? Timmons is a 3-down backer - he was inactive for the first game but should be back for week 2. (Plus has extra time to rest this week).
I hope you're right, last I read he is week to week. If he is a GTD this week he'll probably be on my bench as I won't be around to make a last minute adjustment.
Recent news:9/9: "Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports that LB Lawrence Timmons won't play on Thursday, September 10 vs. Tennessee. Bouchette writes that the goal is for Timmons to be ready for week 2."9/8: "Pittsburgh Steelers LB Lawrence Timmons (ankle) did not practice Tuesday, Sept. 8, and is not expected to play in Week 1. Head coach Mike Tomlin has not commented on Timmons' status beyond Week 1, but the long week gives him a better chance to play in Week 2. Timmons is no longer wearing a protective boot."Hopefully we'll learn more today (in addition to knowing Troy's status).

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the game here, but Caddy's line sure looked good. 13-97-1, with a long run of 35 and a 1 yd td run. Higher YPC than Ward who also put up a nice statline.Are you going to use that waiver priority on him? :goodposting:
Like I said, Caddy's not on the street in my league. If he was, I would have added him already. I was never saying that Caddy wasn't worth rostering (at least in my league, which is a very deep league), I said he wasn't worth paying for.I wound up getting the TB game today, so I saw him. I thought he looked better today than he ever had in the league before, even his rookie season. I'm still maintaining a healthy skepticism, though, because the TB O-line was opening some GAPING holes, and because Ward looked equally good. In fact, the Buc that impressed me the most today was Michael Clayton. I made a couple of comments about him through the game, but he was partying like it was 2004. He looked even better than his stat line indicated. Of course, just like with Caddy, I'm approaching him with a healthy level of skepticism.
Ok, I guess I just don't consider a 10 team, 32 roster league to be particularly "deep". Then again, you don't have IDP so I guess there are going to be more offensive guys rostered, but still... the fact is, he's on the wire (or could have been had VERY cheap this offseason) in almost all of my 16 teams which have between 32 and 45 roster spots.
That's surprising. He has never been dropped in my 12-team, 25-spot league and was dropped but scooped in the summer in my 10-team, 28-spot league. He's been floating in that 300 range of rosterable players.

Sanchez? I could just be fan goggles cause I own him in all my Dynasty leagues but MAN he looks like a 3 year vet out there. Was anyone else impressed? I mean am I reading to much into it? He looks like he could startable almost right now and he hasn't even been seasoned yet....
It's one week- far too small a sample to draw conclusions. It could just be that Houston's defense is the new Detroit Lions for all we know.That said, I'm sky-high on Sanchez... but that's because I was sky-high on Sanchez even before this week.

A guy I will be adding once the bye weeks start to pass - Andre Woodson. Regardless of your opinion on the kid's skills, the Skins are not behaving like Jason Campbell is their future, Collins is a veteran stopgap, and they seem to have soured on Colt since July (correctly imho). I don't think Woodson starts before December this season, if at all, but a good camp next season and he may get a shot. They claimed for a reason, right? Kid's got talent, but had a lot of mechanical problems coming out of school needing addressed before stepping on the field.
The reason was because the guy they did like - Chase Daniels - was claimed by NO when they tried to sign him to the practice squad. I don't think they gave up 100% on Colt. He had a hip injury all preseason and was put on IR. Next year I think Colt has just as much chance as anyone on their current roster to start (they have to bring someone else in).Woodson is junk. I mean, he got all the "measurables" hype in college before his senior year and had a couple good moments like beating LSU in overtime, but I don't think he's the future for anyone and has shown nothing in preseason ball (sub 40 completion percentage both years). Snyder will spend some more money next year.

Any thought to bumping up Fred Jackson after his week 1 showing? Talk is that he will continue to get significant touches even when Lynch comes back. Might top of tier 7 be a bit too low?

Any opinions good or bad about Robert Royal? I don't know much about his skills.
He's never been any good. Quinn's lack of a long game means he'll use the tight end, but I think Royal's Week 1 totals were aberration.
You know a lot more than I do about Royal's skills. But Quinn's lack of arm strength + a bad team that will always be playing from behind makes Royal a bit more valuable in a redraft format.

Any thought to bumping up Fred Jackson after his week 1 showing? Talk is that he will continue to get significant touches even when Lynch comes back. Might top of tier 7 be a bit too low?
The talk before Lynch went out was that Jackson would be getting significant touches, so nothing's changed there. Meanwhile, Fred Jackson is a 28 year old (iirc) RB locked into a long term contract behind a clear #1. Outside of an injury to Lynch, there's no real upside for Jackson once Lynch gets back beyond 900 yards and 4 TDs (essentially his totals last year). It's not like he can go to another team and get a starting job, and I don't think the Bills will ever make him 1A over Lynch. He's a guy who's never going to be more than an emergency start (again, barring injury to Lynch). If anything, Jackson's value has gone down since last week, because a week ago you could count on 3 games as a starter, and now that total's down to 2. Next week, his value will go down a little more, and the week after, it'll bottom out as a "back end of the committee" guy for the forseeable future.

F & L can you give your opinion of Naanee? I didn't see him in your list of dynasty WR's. Surely he must make the list at this point. Where do you put him?

The talk before Lynch went out was that Jackson would be getting significant touches, so nothing's changed there. Meanwhile, Fred Jackson is a 28 year old (iirc) RB locked into a long term contract behind a clear #1. Outside of an injury to Lynch, there's no real upside for Jackson once Lynch gets back beyond 900 yards and 4 TDs (essentially his totals last year). It's not like he can go to another team and get a starting job, and I don't think the Bills will ever make him 1A over Lynch. He's a guy who's never going to be more than an emergency start (again, barring injury to Lynch). If anything, Jackson's value has gone down since last week, because a week ago you could count on 3 games as a starter, and now that total's down to 2. Next week, his value will go down a little more, and the week after, it'll bottom out as a "back end of the committee" guy for the forseeable future.
Interestingly, the ESPN writer that covers the Bills said during a chat (prior to week 1) that he thinks Jackson will remain the starter once Lynch comes back...

Interestingly, the ESPN writer that covers the Bills said during a chat (prior to week 1) that he thinks Jackson will remain the starter once Lynch comes back...
I don't see it happening since Jackson is so well suited for the 3rd down role. Do you have a link?

Been slammed this week with work and moving into a new house. Will try to update rankings tonight while I'm doing the news shift.
Congrats on the new house. Unless you're moving back in with your mother or something, in which case my condolences. :thumbdown:
Well, unfortunately, we're still just renting but at least we're moving up on rentals. Even the most affordable houses on the island are in the $400,000 neighborhood -- which is way, way over my head.

Been slammed this week with work and moving into a new house. Will try to update rankings tonight while I'm doing the news shift.
Congrats on the new house. Unless you're moving back in with your mother or something, in which case my condolences. :lmao:
Well, unfortunately, we're still just renting but at least we're moving up on rentals. Even the most affordable houses on the island are in the $400,000 neighborhood -- which is way, way over my head.
Tell them you're Chris F'in Wesseling and offer them fantasy football-related services if they'll cut the price in half. :bag:

Congrats on the new house. Unless you're moving back in with your mother or something, in which case my condolences. :D
Tell them you're Chris F'in Wesseling and offer them fantasy football-related services if they'll cut the price in half. ;)
I guess I thought Rotoworld paid the big money. I guess you'll just have to wait to get on staff here at FBGs. :thumbdown: On a side note, I see SSOG doesn't have Scheffler on his dynasty roster. Have you jumped off that ship?

Kitrick Taylor said:
On a side note, I see SSOG doesn't have Scheffler on his dynasty roster. Have you jumped off that ship?
I never had Scheffler on my dynasty roster. Got Sgt. Winslow and Owen Daniels in the initial draft, and took Keller (who I am really, really high on) in the 2nd round last year, so I've been pretty set at that position the whole time. As far as jumping off that ship... had Shanahan and Cutler remained in town, I would have been a much bigger fan of Scheffler's going forward, because both of those guys loved Scheff and the scheme was incredibly conducive to big-time TE production. McDaniels, on the other hand, is bringing a scheme that doesn't feature the TE, and made some noise about giving Scheffler away this past offseason. And Orton has yet to show who his favorite target is going to be, but my money's not on him having the Scheffler man-crush that Cutler had. I like Scheffler as a nice high-upside guy if he manages to change McDaniels' mind, and I was looking to buy at his ADP in redraft and keeper leagues, but I wouldn't be comfortable counting on him as my #1 until I saw some evidence that McDaniels was warming to him. Decent buy low candidate who I'd consider putting feelers out for if I didn't have more pressing needs on my roster.

Kitrick Taylor said:
On a side note, I see SSOG doesn't have Scheffler on his dynasty roster. Have you jumped off that ship?
I never had Scheffler on my dynasty roster. Got Sgt. Winslow and Owen Daniels in the initial draft, and took Keller (who I am really, really high on) in the 2nd round last year, so I've been pretty set at that position the whole time. As far as jumping off that ship... had Shanahan and Cutler remained in town, I would have been a much bigger fan of Scheffler's going forward, because both of those guys loved Scheff and the scheme was incredibly conducive to big-time TE production. McDaniels, on the other hand, is bringing a scheme that doesn't feature the TE, and made some noise about giving Scheffler away this past offseason. And Orton has yet to show who his favorite target is going to be, but my money's not on him having the Scheffler man-crush that Cutler had. I like Scheffler as a nice high-upside guy if he manages to change McDaniels' mind, and I was looking to buy at his ADP in redraft and keeper leagues, but I wouldn't be comfortable counting on him as my #1 until I saw some evidence that McDaniels was warming to him. Decent buy low candidate who I'd consider putting feelers out for if I didn't have more pressing needs on my roster.
I thought it was interesting that Scheffler was dropped in my league late last week. He made it all the way through waivers, so I added him as a free agent earlier today. I'm not crazy about him this season, but he's far too talented to be sitting on the waiver wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was interested that Scheffler was dropped in my league late last week. He made it all the way through waivers, so I added him as a free agent earlier today. I'm not crazy about him this season, but he's far too talented to be sitting on the waiver wire.
How many players are rostered in your league?

THose are bold words. Care to elaborate?
You would select Cook above Crabtree & Nicks. I like your ability to be crazy and fun.
Many many moons ago, I was screaming from the rooftops that Jason Witten was going to be a force. Sure enough, it happened. I'm not saying that to boast (well, maybe a little) but to highlight that I'm a heck of a lot better gauging TEs then WRs and RBs. For starters, I realize that for the most part a TE can only be a fantasy force if he is either very special in a unique way (think Gates' speed and height) or something very special in a common way (think Bo Scaife being an excellent blocker, thus he stays on the field a lot). Cook is more of the former. HE is a pretty mediocre (at best) blocker but that doesn't matter. Crumpler is relishing the blocking role this year, figuring it will extend his career for a couple of seasons. He's on record saying he'd rather not catch a pass at all this year since he knows Scaife and Cook have that area covered. Scaife is as valuable a member of the offense as there is (seriously) because he can block, shift, catch, etc. So where does Cook fit in? Simple - as a guy we call a "tight end" but in reality is moving all over the field as a pass catcher. He'll be in the slot, the H-back spot, maybe out wide, but my best guess is that he, Scaife, and Gage will end up with about the same number of receptions this season. Gage will have the highest YPR, Cook 2nd, Scaife 3rd. No idea who has the most TDs. But that's this season. I would imagine that by next year, Cook will have settled in to the TE position that OC Mike Heimerdinger loves; lots of targets all over the field. He'll go across the middle from the interior, he'll go deep from the flanker spot, etc. The bottom line is that his talent as a receiver is ALREADY good enough that like CJ a year ago, the Titans coaches are going to be thinking, "how do we get the ball in his hands." Whereas Scaife is going to the 2nd or 3rd option when he catches the ball, there will be some plays where the huddle breaks and the team/coaches are going to think, "If Jared gets open this could be a BIG one." THere are comparisons to SHannon SHarpe, which is stupid. But Jared Cook has the ability to do a LOT of things on the field, whether he's called a TE or HBack or WR. And the Titans, who rarely trade up for ANYTHING and even more rarely give up a later year pick, have a big investment in him adding an element to the passing game they can't get from Gage, Washington, etc.I'm guessing a floor of 40/500/4 this season with a ceiling of 60/800/9. ANd after this year, I think he's off to the races as a top-5 TE for quite a while...
:goodposting: I agree with your take on Cook and have him in every league I was able to. But, I wasn't going to take him above Nicks/Crabtree. Nobody would if they understood how to draft, they'd simply trade down. Any thoughts on Crabtree now? What range 2010 pick would you trade for him? If you have what should be a top 3 pick, would you trade that? Certainly if you have a great team I'd trade my own, but after that I'm not sure right now.

I thought it was interested that Scheffler was dropped in my league late last week. He made it all the way through waivers, so I added him as a free agent earlier today. I'm not crazy about him this season, but he's far too talented to be sitting on the waiver wire.
How many players are rostered in your league?
This is a 12-team league with 21-man rosters and 2 spots for I.R. ... plus tight ends are interchangeable with wide receivers, only they get more points for receptions and yardage relative to receivers.In other words, plenty deep enough that a player of Scheffler's talent level should never be sitting freely available on the waiver wire.

A guy I will be adding once the bye weeks start to pass - Andre Woodson. Regardless of your opinion on the kid's skills, the Skins are not behaving like Jason Campbell is their future, Collins is a veteran stopgap, and they seem to have soured on Colt since July (correctly imho). I don't think Woodson starts before December this season, if at all, but a good camp next season and he may get a shot. They claimed for a reason, right? Kid's got talent, but had a lot of mechanical problems coming out of school needing addressed before stepping on the field.
The reason was because the guy they did like - Chase Daniels - was claimed by NO when they tried to sign him to the practice squad.
That and they were playing the Giants in Week 1 - so it never hurts to pump a player for info (plus they had him running the Giants offense for the scout team.I watched a lot of his preseason games. I don't see him ever being a starting QB in this league. He has a horrendous delivery and doesn't play very smart at all.

As for Ronnie Brown... I'm a lot higher on Ronnie than you are. You were talking about being high on CJ because the offense ran through him... well, in 2007, the Dolphins offense ran through Brown until he got hurt, and in 2008 they still ran the offense through him despite only being one year removed from an injury that typically takes 2 years to return 100% from.
Watching the Colts/Dolphins game, and I'm even more sold on this idea. The Dolphins offense runs through Ronnie Brown, period. I know it's the Colts defense, and I know that Ricky Williams is getting a huge percentage of the carries, but I love what Brown's doing and how consistently he's doing it. You could take away his longest run and he's STILL averaging 5.5 yards per carry.Edit: Also, any discussion about how the wildcat can't work in the NFL is officially absurd.

As for Ronnie Brown... I'm a lot higher on Ronnie than you are. You were talking about being high on CJ because the offense ran through him... well, in 2007, the Dolphins offense ran through Brown until he got hurt, and in 2008 they still ran the offense through him despite only being one year removed from an injury that typically takes 2 years to return 100% from.
Watching the Colts/Dolphins game, and I'm even more sold on this idea. The Dolphins offense runs through Ronnie Brown, period. I know it's the Colts defense, and I know that Ricky Williams is getting a huge percentage of the carries, but I love what Brown's doing and how consistently he's doing it. You could take away his longest run and he's STILL averaging 5.5 yards per carry.Edit: Also, any discussion about how the wildcat can't work in the NFL is officially absurd.
I believe in Ronnie Brown's talent ... without a doubt. But you should never use him and the word "consistently" in the same sentence unless you're talking about like Weeks 2-7 of the 2007 season.

Any thoughts on Crabtree now? What range 2010 pick would you trade for him? If you have what should be a top 3 pick, would you trade that? Certainly if you have a great team I'd trade my own, but after that I'm not sure right now.
I wouldn't give up any 2010 fist rounder for Crabtree right now. I don't think he plays this year, and who knows what happens with him. Right now, there are a couple college WR's that should be in that draft that look as good as he does, based on what the college-following guys around here & elsewhere say. And they almost certainly won't have as much baggage.Ic an understand someone wanting him & believing in him, but I'd think if you do get him you'd want it to be alate first, and it's hard to know how things will shake out for your team this early in the year.

I believe in Ronnie Brown's talent ... without a doubt. But you should never use him and the word "consistently" in the same sentence unless you're talking about like Weeks 2-7 of the 2007 season.
First off, I was talking about how consistent he was during the Colts game- no long runs, just consistent domination. Second off, I think you meant weeks THREE through seven of 2007, since Ronnie was 11/33/0 in week 2. :lmao:Kidding aside, I'm running up the :confused: flag on this. Ronnie Brown has scored an average of 12 fantasy points per game over his career. He's gone over 10 fantasy points 60% of the time, and he's gone over 20 fantasy points 11% of the time. Compared to other fantasy RBs who average 12 points per game, that's actually a higher percentage of 10+ point games and a lower percentage of 20+ point games. The fact that Ronnie Brown hasn't been very consistent to this point stems almost entirely from the fact that Ronnie Brown hasn't been very PRODUCTIVE to this point- obviously a back that averages 18 a game is going to have a lot fewer bad games than a back who averages 12 a game (which is why he's averaging 18 instead of 12).

Any thoughts on Crabtree now? What range 2010 pick would you trade for him? If you have what should be a top 3 pick, would you trade that? Certainly if you have a great team I'd trade my own, but after that I'm not sure right now.
I wouldn't give up any 2010 fist rounder for Crabtree right now. I don't think he plays this year, and who knows what happens with him. Right now, there are a couple college WR's that should be in that draft that look as good as he does, based on what the college-following guys around here & elsewhere say. And they almost certainly won't have as much baggage.Ic an understand someone wanting him & believing in him, but I'd think if you do get him you'd want it to be alate first, and it's hard to know how things will shake out for your team this early in the year.
I sent in inquiry to the team holding the rights to Crabtree in my dynasty league about possibly acquiring him for a 2nd round dynasty pick next year (or comparable player). I received a response that he viewed Michael Crabtree as a "lifer" (his word, not mine) and, when I questioned him, he said that he's totally convinced Crabtree is going to be dynamite in 2-4 years. He's welcome to him. I wouldn't give up even a late 1st round dynasty pick for a guy with serious character issues who took an entire year off from competitive football at any level, especially since all of the (very limited) data we have on guys who have taken serious time away from football are profoundly negative (for instance, BMW was once viewed as a sure-fire NFL stud, but after a year off of football he was viewed as an overweight and unmotivated prospect with a high ceiling). Doubly especially since Crabtree was never a Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson/Charles Rogers level prospect in the first place.

FWIW, lots of people knew BMW was too big and slow all along. He was recruited by some colleges to play TE and some NFL teams were viewing him as an eventual TE before he even declared for the draft.

I would send a 2010 first round rookie pick away for Crabtree if I felt it was a lock to be outside the top 5-6 picks. There are probably only 2-3 guys in the upcoming draft class who obviously have comparable talent based on what we know today.

FWIW, lots of people knew BMW was too big and slow all along. He was recruited by some colleges to play TE and some NFL teams were viewing him as an eventual TE before he even declared for the draft.I would send a 2010 first round rookie pick away for Crabtree if I felt it was a lock to be outside the top 5-6 picks. There are probably only 2-3 guys in the upcoming draft class who obviously have comparable talent based on what we know today.
There are 2-3 guys we know have comparable talent today, but there'll probably be another 2 that emerge over the next couple of months, and no doubt one or two guys will get a big bump based on the situation they get drafted in to. Seems to me that valuing Crabtree around the #7 pick in next year's draft is not dropping him in the slightest based on concerns about his character or his time away from football. *ARE* you downgrading him at all based on this season?

Seems to me that valuing Crabtree around the #7 pick in next year's draft is not dropping him in the slightest based on concerns about his character or his time away from football. *ARE* you downgrading him at all based on this season?
Disagree. He was a consensus top 3 pick in all my leagues and I think that's where he'd go next year if we didn't downgrade him at all. To get a top 3 talent for a mid-late first round pick seems like a fair trade even factoring in the character concerns.I'm not sure there's even any correlation between holdouts and eventual success. Bryant McKinnie and LaDainian Tomlinson certainly worked out well. Just because a player holds out for more money doesn't mean he's lazy/bad/whatever. So I don't think we can assume that Crabtree should be downgraded just because he hasn't signed yet (although I do think it reflects poorly on him to a certain extent). People want instant returns from their rookie picks and when they don't get them they start to become antsy. It happened with players like Aaron Rodgers and Larry Johnson and now it's happening with Crabtree (albeit for slightly different reasons). He might actually be a strong buy right now. I can tell you as a Niners homer that this team needs him and he'll instantly be the 1st-2nd best talent on the offense if and when he gets signed and up to speed.

Seems to me that valuing Crabtree around the #7 pick in next year's draft is not dropping him in the slightest based on concerns about his character or his time away from football. *ARE* you downgrading him at all based on this season?
Disagree. He was a consensus top 3 pick in all my leagues and I think that's where he'd go next year if we didn't downgrade him at all. To get a top 3 talent for a mid-late first round pick seems like a fair trade even factoring in the character concerns.I'm not sure there's even any correlation between holdouts and eventual success. Bryant McKinnie and LaDainian Tomlinson certainly worked out well. Just because a player holds out for more money doesn't mean he's lazy/bad/whatever. So I don't think we can assume that Crabtree should be downgraded just because he hasn't signed yet (although I do think it reflects poorly on him to a certain extent). People want instant returns from their rookie picks and when they don't get them they start to become antsy. It happened with players like Aaron Rodgers and Larry Johnson and now it's happening with Crabtree (albeit for slightly different reasons). He might actually be a strong buy right now. I can tell you as a Niners homer that this team needs him and he'll instantly be the 1st-2nd best talent on the offense if and when he gets signed and up to speed.
He went 5th I think in my league, and he has to be downgraded from that spot, due to the chucklehead factor, and being banged up during OTA's - so who knows where he is with regard to the injury. I view a random 2010 1st rounder as being more valuable than that. If the season progresses, and he still doesn't sign, and you have a glaring weakness at WR, and look like a top team, ship the pick away, but be willing to pounce if there's a value upgrade.I see him as another Michael Westbrook.

Brown was the second most impressive offensive skill position player in that game, behind Manning, who was just utterly ridiculous. When you are able to measure drives in yards per second, you know things are crazy.

Mike Sims-Walker, Mario Manningham, Johnny Knox.

Where do the experts ranks these three players from a dynasty persepective.

Sims-Walker has the best size but worst system and QB.

Manningham has a great supporting cast but also the most competition.

Knox has minimal competition, a great QB for force feeding, but might not be the caliber of the other two guys.

Discuss please.

Mike Sims-Walker, Mario Manningham, Johnny Knox.Where do the experts ranks these three players from a dynasty persepective.Sims-Walker has the best size but worst system and QB.Manningham has a great supporting cast but also the most competition.Knox has minimal competition, a great QB for force feeding, but might not be the caliber of the other two guys.Discuss please.
ManninghamSims-WalkerKnoxBoth Manningham and Sims-Walker have top WR potential, difference between them being that Manningham is proving to be his team's #1 while Sims-Walker has just been given the opportunity, he hasn't proven anything yet. Knox could be a future #1, but in the short term he is somewhere between #3 and #5 on his offense and I think his long term ceiling is a bit lower than Manningham and Sims-Walker.

F&LI have to ask.....So where do you have Mario Manningham rated at now?Also wonder how far does Crabtree fall in the dynasty rankings.
Rough estimate on Manningham is mid-to-bottom of Tier Five in the late 30s. He's deserving of quite a leap. Steve Smith is too.Re: Crabtree. Not sure. I'll have to take a closer look. I already loathe the guy, but I'm sure outside-the-box types are thinking about buying low.

MAC_32 said:
Sabertooth said:
Mike Sims-Walker, Mario Manningham, Johnny Knox.Where do the experts ranks these three players from a dynasty persepective.Sims-Walker has the best size but worst system and QB.Manningham has a great supporting cast but also the most competition.Knox has minimal competition, a great QB for force feeding, but might not be the caliber of the other two guys.Discuss please.
ManninghamSims-WalkerKnoxBoth Manningham and Sims-Walker have top WR potential, difference between them being that Manningham is proving to be his team's #1 while Sims-Walker has just been given the opportunity, he hasn't proven anything yet. Knox could be a future #1, but in the short term he is somewhere between #3 and #5 on his offense and I think his long term ceiling is a bit lower than Manningham and Sims-Walker.
This is pretty much how I see it as well. Sims-Walker's injury history leaves him slightly behind Manningham. I like Knox, but he's more of a flier right now than the other two.

Since when did we get in the business of downgrading guys on the account of Chris Brown?
It has little to do with Chris Brown and a lot to do with Kubiak making it clear on several occasions that he'd rather Slaton did not receive deep red zone carries. As I'm sure I don't have to tell you, those carries are more valuable than other carries, and Slaton needs to keep quite a few of them to maintain year-after-year value. One of my biggest concerns with Slaton is that he has some Willie Parker in him, where coaches will continue to take pieces of responsibility from him. Kubiak just took a huge chunk.
Texans beat writer John McClain (one of the best beats around) expects Steve Slaton to lose 10-12 touches per game to Chris Brown. :blackdot:
Texans coach Gary Kubiak criticized Steve Slaton Monday for fumbling."He can definitely run better," Kubiak said. "My concern with him, as I told him today, he's got three balls on the ground in (26) carries in two games. That can't happen."

As if the fumbling weren't bad enough, Slaton is averaging just 2.0 yards per carry vs. 3.6 for Brown (small sample size and good run defense caveats obviously apply). Slaton had just 8 plays in the second half against the Titans vs. 25 for Brown.

Edit to add: Texans coach Gary Kubiak expresses regret over not signing Cedric Benson this past offseason.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak expressed regret for passing on Bengals RB Cedric Benson in free agency this past offseason.

"We had our chance with Cedric in free agency. It just didn't work out," said Kubiak. "You know, hindsight is 20-20. We've got to play with the people we've got." Kubiak's comments aren't exactly a ringing endorsement of Steve Slaton, who has lost three fumbled and averaged just 2.0 yards on 26 carries.
Too much snacking for Slaton this offseason? If you were arguing this offseason that Snacks deserved to be ranked parallel to Chris Johnson, please report directly to the principal's office.

:goodposting:

Hi Fear, your Blog is My Dynasty Bible.

I need to know what will you do about this players and this trade offer:

Dynasty Team in Rebuild Mode (w Contract Years and Salary Cap 16 Teams League).

Starting 1 RB / 1 WR / 1 Flex WR-RB / 1 Flex WR/TE

RB 4.0 M - 2Y Felix Jones

RB 8.0 M - 3Y LeSean McCoy

RB 0.5 M - 2Y Jamaal Charles

RB 5.5 M - 2Y James Davis

WR 4.0 M - 3Y Percy Harvin

WR 0.5 M - 2Y Earl Bennett

WR 0.5 M - 3Y Josh Morgan

WR 1.0 M - 2Y Steve Breaston

I've got 2 questions.

Should I Drop one of my WR/RB (I should pay his contract 'til the end of it) and pick up one or two between Smith (NYG), Manningham / Sims-Walker /Knox / Schilens?

An owner is offering me T.J. Housh for 2011 Second Round Pick. Housh has 1.5 M - 2Y Contract... Should i Do This Trade? What is Houshmandzadeh Value in a Dynasty League according to you?

Thank you very much man, you're awesome!

Guys I'm Targeting.

I am looking at Slaton, P. Thomas, B. Jacobs.

I read up above about Slaton. However I have questions.

Will their talent prevail?

Is Slaton slipping out of the top 30 rb? Is Brown likely to actually steal more than 40% of the carries. Is this just Coach Speak?

I really like P. Thomas. Great Team. Had a unbelievable December last year. Competition in the back field.

B. Jacobs

Team is spreading the ball around well.

Are these guys going to be Dimands in the rough or stay being a pile of coal?

I am high on P. Thomas

Hi Fear, your Blog is My Dynasty Bible.I need to know what will you do about this players and this trade offer:Dynasty Team in Rebuild Mode (w Contract Years and Salary Cap 16 Teams League).Starting 1 RB / 1 WR / 1 Flex WR-RB / 1 Flex WR/TERB 4.0 M - 2Y Felix JonesRB 8.0 M - 3Y LeSean McCoyRB 0.5 M - 2Y Jamaal CharlesRB 5.5 M - 2Y James DavisWR 4.0 M - 3Y Percy HarvinWR 0.5 M - 2Y Earl BennettWR 0.5 M - 3Y Josh MorganWR 1.0 M - 2Y Steve BreastonI've got 2 questions.Should I Drop one of my WR/RB (I should pay his contract 'til the end of it) and pick up one or two between Smith (NYG), Manningham / Sims-Walker /Knox / Schilens?An owner is offering me T.J. Housh for 2011 Second Round Pick. Housh has 1.5 M - 2Y Contract... Should i Do This Trade? What is Houshmandzadeh Value in a Dynasty League according to you?Thank you very much man, you're awesome!
TJ for a future 2nd rounder is decent value, but if you're truly in rebuilding mode I wouldn't do it.... if he could help you win now, sure, but I just don't think he'll still be productive by the time you will be in a position to compete. (Do you have anyone else here rostered or just these guys?)I would definitely target Manningham, Schilens, Smith, Sims-Walker, and Knox in that order... I would DEFINITELY make room for Manningham especially if you can get him relatively cheap... though not sure who to get rid of for him. If you're not winning now, what about shedding a kicker or something?

Since when did we get in the business of downgrading guys on the account of Chris Brown?
It has little to do with Chris Brown and a lot to do with Kubiak making it clear on several occasions that he'd rather Slaton did not receive deep red zone carries. As I'm sure I don't have to tell you, those carries are more valuable than other carries, and Slaton needs to keep quite a few of them to maintain year-after-year value. One of my biggest concerns with Slaton is that he has some Willie Parker in him, where coaches will continue to take pieces of responsibility from him. Kubiak just took a huge chunk.
Texans beat writer John McClain (one of the best beats around) expects Steve Slaton to lose 10-12 touches per game to Chris Brown. :banned:
Texans coach Gary Kubiak criticized Steve Slaton Monday for fumbling."He can definitely run better," Kubiak said. "My concern with him, as I told him today, he's got three balls on the ground in (26) carries in two games. That can't happen."

As if the fumbling weren't bad enough, Slaton is averaging just 2.0 yards per carry vs. 3.6 for Brown (small sample size and good run defense caveats obviously apply). Slaton had just 8 plays in the second half against the Titans vs. 25 for Brown.

Edit to add: Texans coach Gary Kubiak expresses regret over not signing Cedric Benson this past offseason.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak expressed regret for passing on Bengals RB Cedric Benson in free agency this past offseason.

"We had our chance with Cedric in free agency. It just didn't work out," said Kubiak. "You know, hindsight is 20-20. We've got to play with the people we've got." Kubiak's comments aren't exactly a ringing endorsement of Steve Slaton, who has lost three fumbled and averaged just 2.0 yards on 26 carries.
Too much snacking for Slaton this offseason? If you were arguing this offseason that Snacks deserved to be ranked parallel to Chris Johnson, please report directly to the principal's office.

:popcorn:
Chris Johnson has about ten times the overall talent as Steve Slaton. It's hard to believe anyone was arguing that Slaton was better!

Honestly, there's nobody int he NFL with ten times the talent of anybody else at the same position. These guys are all very highly talented on the far right end of a bell-shaped talent curve. They have ten times the talent of a guy who was a HS player, but not a college player, probably.

Regarding the Housh deal, if you think he's got 2-3 good years left, it's not a bad deal, unless you are trying to tank. The pick is in 2011, and honestly, second round picks in non-IDP leagues are chips frequently best used to get players who can still play but are older.

Sproles' dynasty value is one the upswing, and if he has a good game next week as the main back, things are going to explode.

Jacobs isn't pile of coal, he's a solid dynasty back. He isn't as good in PPR, but he's a RB1-2 kind of guy. I'd put him ahead of Slaton for certinty of value. Thomas is third to me.

Hi Fear, your Blog is My Dynasty Bible.I need to know what will you do about this players and this trade offer:Dynasty Team in Rebuild Mode (w Contract Years and Salary Cap 16 Teams League).Starting 1 RB / 1 WR / 1 Flex WR-RB / 1 Flex WR/TERB 4.0 M - 2Y Felix JonesRB 8.0 M - 3Y LeSean McCoyRB 0.5 M - 2Y Jamaal CharlesRB 5.5 M - 2Y James DavisWR 4.0 M - 3Y Percy HarvinWR 0.5 M - 2Y Earl BennettWR 0.5 M - 3Y Josh MorganWR 1.0 M - 2Y Steve BreastonI've got 2 questions.Should I Drop one of my WR/RB (I should pay his contract 'til the end of it) and pick up one or two between Smith (NYG), Manningham / Sims-Walker /Knox / Schilens?An owner is offering me T.J. Housh for 2011 Second Round Pick. Housh has 1.5 M - 2Y Contract... Should i Do This Trade? What is Houshmandzadeh Value in a Dynasty League according to you?Thank you very much man, you're awesome!
ThxAt this point, I'd rather have Manningham and NYG Steve Smith than Bennett and maybe Breaston. I'm still bullish on Morgan long-term. Housh is probably Top 20-25 WR in Dynasty, but I don't see him climbing at all. I've never played in a league with contracts, so I'm not one to be giving advice on that. As a general rule, I would think Housh is definitely worth a 2nd round pick --- but like I said, that's without taking contract status into account.

Eddie Royal. Disappointing start to the season. I have a hard time seeing him improve much this season. what are his dynasty prospects?

Users who are viewing this thread