What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] RB #6 (1 Viewer)

#6 RB

• Tiki Barber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tatem Bell

• Ronnie Brown

• Reggie Bush*

• Dom Davis

• Julius Jones

• Kevin Jones

• Lamont Jordan

• Willis McGahee

• Clinton Portis

• Brian Westbrook

• Caddillac Williams

• Other

• Total voters
What in the world ar eyou guys voting Baber thinking?I'll take Portis who is still only 24/25 years old and in a vastly improving situation at Wash over the 30 year old Barber.

What in the world ar eyou guys voting Baber thinking?

I'll take Portis who is still only 24/25 years old and in a vastly improving situation at Wash over the 30 year old Barber.
:goodposting:

I'll take Portis who is still only 24/25 years old and in a vastly improving situation at Wash over the 30 year old Barber.
:goodposting:
:yes: I almost didn't even include Tiki in the poll. If he hadn't been mentioned in the #5 thread, I wouldn't have.

I'm thinking he's finished top ten three of the last four years and is on pace to finish top five in consecutive seasons which is more than you can say for anyone else on this list expect Portis. If you can get at least two more top 12 seasons out of him, that's as much or more as you can expect out of any similarly rated younger RB. The average lifespan of an NFL RB is four years. Trying to plan past two years is a waste of time IMO because too much can change in that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm thinking he's finished top ten three of the last four years and is on pace to finish top five in consecutive seasons which is more than you can say for anyone else on this list expect Portis. If you can get at least two more top 12 seasons out of him, that's as much or more as you can expect out of any similarly rated younger RB. The average lifespan of an NFL RB is four years. Trying to plan past two years is a waste of time IMO because too much can change in that time.
Well, that is understandable but I would say this: None of the RBs listed here or in the top 10 level are what I would call "average" RBs. These are mostly proven guys with talent and for the most part have displayed the ability to stay on the field. Portis was RB11 last year in Wash and is RB11 currently. Wash seems to be turning the corner offensivly and he is vastly younger than that of Barber. So while you will take 2 more years (if your lucky IMO) of boarderline top 5 production, I would rather have 5 more years or so of a RB1 with upside for more.Edit, I should add that if Barber was near the stud caliber that SA and LT are, I could very well understand this point. 2 years of boarderline stud production can not be passed up. Barber is RB4 right now, but the gap between him and #9 is less than 2 points per game. So there is really a lot of room for him to fall and the diparity is not all that great.

Voted Bush and i'll be offering up Steven Jackson to the guy in my league who gets 1.1, but I highly doubt he'll trade it.Truly special players don't come around often.

Caddy could be the next LT, Cadillac is more physical and LT is faster. They are the 2 Rb's that can do the jump-stop and switch directions on the fly. Cadillac is the ez choice.

Well, that is understandable but I would say this: None of the RBs listed here or in the top 10 level are what I would call "average" RBs. These are mostly proven guys with talent and for the most part have displayed the ability to stay on the field. Portis was RB11 last year in Wash and is RB11 currently. Wash seems to be turning the corner offensivly and he is vastly younger than that of Barber. So while you will take 2 more years (if your lucky IMO) of boarderline top 5 production, I would rather have 5 more years or so of a RB1 with upside for more.Edit, I should add that if Barber was near the stud caliber that SA and LT are, I could very well understand this point. 2 years of boarderline stud production can not be passed up. Barber is RB4 right now, but the gap between him and #9 is less than 2 points per game. So there is really a lot of room for him to fall and the diparity is not all that great.
:goodposting: I must confess that I am currently a Portis owner in a Dynasty league, but my reason for choosing him (2nd overall after LT2) in our initial 2004 draft was b/c of his age and opportunity over the next 'several years'. And although the McGahee 'hype/love' will probably get him selected ahead of Portis - Clinton Portis is actually outperforming Willis this season. Admittedly, I would love to also have McGahee on my roster but I will always be a little nervous about his injury history and the possibility of degenerative knees.

:goodposting: I must confess that I am currently a Portis owner in a Dynasty league, but my reason for choosing him (2nd overall after LT2) in our initial 2004 draft was b/c of his age and opportunity over the next 'several years'. And although the McGahee 'hype/love' will probably get him selected ahead of Portis - Clinton Portis is actually outperforming Willis this season. Admittedly, I would love to also have McGahee on my roster but I will always be a little nervous about his injury history and the possibility of degenerative knees.
Totally understandable, but I disagree. I own McGahee in one league and won't trade him for any RB except maybe Steven Jackson (I would deal him for LT, but he's already on my roster). I'm rebuilding the rest of my team, so SA and Edge lose some of their appeal. But I have Portis in another league, and would deal him for McGahee.

As previously stated, I see Buffalo as an offense on the rise, I'm not so sure about Washington when Brunell is gone. They'll probably be fine, but we may see similar issues to what Buffalo is going through right now, the only difference would be the OL is better.

Just one man's opinion, and I could easily be wrong.

Jordan he is 4th now and should be for many years. Longer than Portis who isnt near 4th..Give Jordan some respect :popcorn: IMO he is better than Edge in a dynasty..Edge loses alot after this season...

Why is Jordan getting so much love after 12 weeks of his first NFL season as a starter?Why are so many quick to forget guys like Kevin Jones and Julius Jones after their hot starts and were probably high up on the Dynasty list as well last year.Oh how short minded people are.

Why is Jordan getting so much love after 12 weeks of his first NFL season as a starter?

Why are so many quick to forget guys like Kevin Jones and Julius Jones after their hot starts and were probably high up on the Dynasty list as well last year.

Oh how short minded people are.
JJ and KJ never had a good 12 week span. Maybee thats why.

Why is Jordan getting so much love after 12 weeks of his first NFL season as a starter?

Why are so many quick to forget guys like Kevin Jones and Julius Jones after their hot starts and were probably high up on the Dynasty list as well last year.

Ya I forgot...KJ was only the top rusher in the 2nd half of the season last year and JJones put up monster numbers when he got back from his injury.My bad. :rolleyes:

Go look back on the dynasty rankings from last year and I guarantee you would find both Jones' up there. Heck, they were first round picks this year.

I just find it funny that a Rb like Jordan who has played 10 weeks of football as a starter will probaby be #7 on the dynasty list just like how both Jones' were last year and now fell off.

Ya I forgot...KJ was only the top rusher in the 2nd half of the season last year and JJones put up monster numbers when he got back from his injury.My bad. :rolleyes:
5 weeks is not 12

5 weeks is not 12
Thats not the point. Both Jones' were high up on the dynasty rankings last year because of their hot streaks.Look where they are now and look where Jordan is after his only hot streak.

Short minded

5 weeks is not 12
Thats not the point. Both Jones' were high up on the dynasty rankings last year because of their hot streaks.Look where they are now and look where Jordan is after his only hot streak.

Short minded
You do have to admit, his "hot streak" is twice as long as theres was. Being the #4 RB after 11 weeks is alittle bit better than 4-5 good games after bieng hurt or bad. I starts. I also see what your saying. If Jordan falls off the face of the earth from here on out he will drop like KJ and JJ did.

5 weeks is not 12

Short minded
You do have to admit, his "hot streak" is twice as long as theres was. Being the #4 RB after 11 weeks is alittle bit better than 4-5 good games after bieng hurt or bad. I starts. I also see what your saying. If Jordan falls off the face of the earth from here on out he will drop like KJ and JJ did.
Kevin Jones was the leading rusher in the NFL over the last 8 games of the season in his first NFL season. How is that any less impressive that Jordan's streak for an extra 3 weeks who has already been in the league 4-5 years?I am not trying to make a pissing match over who's streak was better, I was just pointing out that these "Dynasty" rankings are very short minded, which is the opposite of what should be happening.

Because Jordan has had a good streak and the top rookies Jones' have not performed, that they are forgotten and Jordan moves into #8 in the DYNASTY rankings...after 10 weeks.

5 weeks is not 12

Short minded
Kevin Jones was the leading rusher in the NFL over the last 8 games of the season in his first NFL season. How is that any less impressive that Jordan's streak for an extra 3 weeks who has already been in the league 4-5 years?
First, beoing the leading rusher in the NFL for 8 games and being the #4 FF Back for 11 games is a big difference since we are doing FF rankings.Second of all I agreed with you that if Jordan was to go in a slump or get hurt he would be forgotten.

5 weeks is not 12

Short minded
Jordan hasn't sucked yet, and has put in a full season. You can't say either thing for Kevin Jones or Julius Jones.

5 weeks is not 12

Short minded
Jordan hasn't sucked yet, and has put in a full season. You can't say either thing for Kevin Jones or Julius Jones.
Jordan has played 10 weeks of football as a starter and he will be the #8 Dynasty RB. What makes this any diferent than having Kevin or Julius ranked high last year?

Voted Bush and i'll be offering up Steven Jackson to the guy in my league who gets 1.1, but I highly doubt he'll trade it.

Truly special players don't come around often.
I would take that in a second, but I'd be tricky and try to get a stud WR off of you too since you are so high on a guy that is going to be going to a subpar team. I am surprised Bush is even part of this vote...unless he goes to the Cardinals and Fresno State can beat San Francisco. Stranger things have happened.Saying Bush is a better dynasty option than ANYONE on that list at this point is just silly.

My vote is for Portis. He is still underperforming in terms of TDs in the Washington offensive scheme by his standards set in Denver. But that could quickly change. He still has the best combination of youth/proven productivity out of this group. Although I do really like Caddy's upside moving forward.McGahee and Jordan are the other 2 to consider here but I see them both as just a step behind Portis in terms of surrounding cast for McGahee and track record/age and track record for Jordan.My top 5 ended up being the consensus but in a slightly different order. Here is my next ranked tier:PortisL JordanMcGaheeCadilacR BrownWestbrookDD~ rounds out the number one rbs moving forward.TikiDunn~ only have them this low because of age.D McCallisterAhman Green~ coming back from injury leaves some risk at this point.

5 weeks is not 12

Short minded
Jordan has played 10 weeks of football as a starter and he will be the #8 Dynasty RB. What makes this any diferent than having Kevin or Julius ranked high last year?
Injury risk?

Fridayfrenzy,There is a slight chance Jordan will be somewhat of a bust like Kevin Jones. However, that's the risk you take in dynasty leagues. Jordan could just as well be a top 5 RB over the next 5 years.Why aren't you complaining about Stephen Jackson being drafted high in dynasty leagues last year? I believe his ADP was something like #10 overall. He was much less unproven than Kevin Jones, but he turned out great.There's considerable risk you take in dynasty leagues. Reggie Bush is going to hold top 5-10 RB value, before even playing a down in the NFL. He could be the next Curtis Enis or the next LaDainian Tomlinson.

Fridayfrenzy,These rankings are like the stock market. Their values rise and fall for all kinds of reasons. I'm having a hard time believing that you are arguing the value of the Jones' compared to Lamont Jordan. Does Jordan have a rookie RB stealing TD's? Does Jordan play for the Lions? If you would take those guys ahead of Jordan in a dynasty league you are FridayCrazy!

And please please please, someone explain why McGahee is ahead of Jordan or Portis here? And if you give feedback, please let us know if you watch Buffalo games and if so, what you see out of him and that team that you like. thanks.

:shrug: Assuming the :thumbdown: is in response to Mcgahee winning, I voted for him based on talent and what I see as an improving offense. McGahee has a chance to be a top 3 RB in a couple years as Losman and the team develops, can't quite say that about the others except Bush, Caddy and Brown IMO - and it's too early to vote for those 3.

just my opinion, I could easily be wrong.

We are seeing right now why Portis should have been moved way up this dynasty list. :boxing:
:yes: Did you acquire him like a Shark?

I have him in my league :thumbup:
I wish, but I already had him to start the season. This Wash O is begining to look awful good though and Portis is still only 24 yrs old! :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread