What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] RB (1 Viewer)

-OZ-

Footballguy
1 - Tomlinson San Diego Chargers

2 - Shaun Alexander Seattle Seahawks

3- Larry Johnson Kansas City Chiefs

4 - EDGE Indianapolis Colts

5 - Steven Jackson St. Louis Rams

6 - Willis McGahee Buffalo Bills

7 - Clinton Portis, Washington Redskins

8 - Lamont Jordan, Oakland Raiders

Links to 7 and the Run-off

9 - Caddillac Williams Tampa Bay Bucs

10 - Ronnie Brown Miami Dolphins

11 - Kevin Jones Detroit Lions

12 - Deuce New Orleans Saints

13 - Brian Westbrook Philadelphia Eagles

14 - Reggie Bush Houston Jets Who knows?

15 - Tiki Barber New York Giants

16 - Dom Davis Houston Texans

17 - Rudi Johnson Cincinati Bengals

18 - Julius Jones Dallas Cowboys

19 - Jamal Lewis Baltimore Ravens

20 - Cedric Benson Chicago Bears

21(t) - Chris Brown, Tennessee Titans

21(t) - Deshaun Foster, Carolina Panthers

23 - Tatum Bell, Denver Broncos

24 - DeAngelo Williams, NCAA

25 - Thomas Jones, Chicago Bears

26 - Chris Perry

27 - Reuben Droughns

28 - Warrick Dunn

29 - Ricky Williams

30 - Willie Parker

31 - Corey Dillon

32t - LenDale White

32t - Lawrence Maroney

34 - Frank Gore

35 - Ahman Green

36 - Chester Taylor

37t - TJ Duckett

37t - Samkon Gado

39 - Fred Taylor

40 - JJ Arrington

41 - Mewelde Moore

42 - Greg Jones

43 - Kevan Barlow

44 - Marion Barber 3

45 - Mike Anderson

46 - Ryan Moats

47 - Michael Turner

48 - Cedric Houston

49 - Brian Calhoun ®

50 - Travis Henry

51 - Eric Shelton

52 - Maurice Morris

53 - Najeh Davenport

54 - Michael Bennett

55 - Dominic Rhodes

56 - Curtis Martin

57 - Priest Holmes

58 - Brandon Jacobs

59 - Ciatrick Fason

60 - Joseph Addai

Who are the best of the rest?

Your next 10-20 RBs.

Lee SuggsOnterrio SmithLadell BettsMusa SmithRon DayneDuce StaleyMichael PittmanStephen DavisAlvin PermanNic Goings

Believe me, I like Lee Suggs as much as the next guy, but he just missed an entire season and has been nothing more than a walking injury during his STORIED but brief career. Guys with overwhelming injury histories cannot be considered for lists.....period.

Who knows but I will go with:V MorencyOnterrio SmithDerrick BlaylockAdrian Peterson (Bears)Tyson ThompsonArtose PinnerMaurice HicksLee SuggsShaud WilliamsD Nash

I think Maurice Drew is really under the radar as far as the rookie RB's.Could be the replacement to Warrick Dunn. Might not mean anything, but the Falcons did hire someone from the UCLA offensive staff today (or yesterday).

Lee Suggs

Onterrio Smith

Ladell Betts

Musa Smith

Ron Dayne

Duce Staley

Michael Pittman

Stephen Davis

Alvin Perman

Nic Goings
William GreenShipp

Jonathon Wells

Blaylock

Fargas

Haynes

Adrian Peterson

Morency

While a lot of these guys look like career backups, a few are just old, injured, or recently suspended. Onterrio Smith and Lee Suggs are good examples of guys who are undervalued due to recent events. The high ankle sprain Suggs keeps getting in camp isnt a career threatening injury. A change in workout habits could probably prevent it. Smith would have been the starter in Minnesota the last 3 years if he didnt smoke pot. I also think Staley, Stephen Davis, and William Green have better chances of earning starting jobs again than a lot of guys already listed.

If I was looking for an unproven sleeper from this group it would be Betts. He's the only one who has looked like he could start. Of course when the opportunities to start did arise for him, he split the carries with other backups. So maybe the only sleeper that could possibly come out of this group is Musa Smith, and only because we havent seen him play at all.

The rest all look like nothing more than career backups. Which is still worth something but I'd take anybody with starting talent first. Well I guess I'm calling Pittman a career backup because he's old and backing up the rookie of the year so that might not be fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe me, I like Lee Suggs as much as the next guy, but he just missed an entire season and has been nothing more than a walking injury during his STORIED but brief career. Guys with overwhelming injury histories cannot be considered for lists.....period.
Dang, you put the period on the end of there. I was hoping for some wiggle room, but that clinches it - I'll edit my list and remove him.Fred Taylor earned his Fragile nickname. Chris Perry has never finished a season. Deshaun Foster gets hurt about every third game. Jamal Lewis wiped out both knees. Frank Gore is about the most-injured player there is. I'm guessing they're all on your list somewhere.

Who knows but I will go with:

V Morency

Onterrio Smith

Derrick Blaylock

Adrian Peterson (Bears)

Tyson Thompson

Artose Pinner

Maurice Hicks

Lee Suggs

Shaud Williams

D Nash
very well could be the starter in SF this yr

Believe me, I like Lee Suggs as much as the next guy, but he just missed an entire season and has been nothing more than a walking injury during his STORIED but brief career.  Guys  with overwhelming injury histories cannot be considered for lists.....period.
Dang, you put the period on the end of there. I was hoping for some wiggle room, but that clinches it - I'll edit my list and remove him.Fred Taylor earned his Fragile nickname. Chris Perry has never finished a season. Deshaun Foster gets hurt about every third game. Jamal Lewis wiped out both knees. Frank Gore is about the most-injured player there is. I'm guessing they're all on your list somewhere.
Tick-Take it to the bank. Drafting RBs that have reliable history of staying on the field is the most sure way to have a solid season. Ive been playing FF for a dozen or so years, and Im not one of these crazy characters who plays in 8 leagues every year, normally 1 or maybe 2.....3 one year....but Ive missed making the playoffs ONE year, and Ill point primarily to drafting guys with little injury history. If youre taking young guys with little pro experience, just follow their college injury history. It doesnt do any good to draft 5 solid RBs at the beginning of a season who can give you nice matchups the first few weeks, but later on arent an option and leave you combing the waiver wire for backups. Guys like Kevin Jones, Deuce McCallister, Julius Jones, Lee Suggs....I just wont draft 'em. Id consider every one of those guy a high risk reach. Give me Tiki Barber, Shaun Alexander, Willis McGahee, Reuben Droughns, Edge James at the top. Thru the middle to late tier RBs, when obviously the proven quality of backs is a little more suspect, Im still looking for guys who are going to stay on the field. If you ever deal with a high risk or injury risk guy, make sure you lock down his backup if he's a backup worth having and the team has a solid enough line to give the backup a chance to succeed...ie Marion Barber (for JJOnes). On my own keeper league where Ill be keeping 7 players this year, Im sitting on Larry Johnson and Willis McGahee, who I consider to both be reliable players with a low injury risk, but Im also sitting on Stephen Jackson and Cedric Benson. Now, Jackson only missed one game last year, but he was hurt for several games and his play showed it. He gave some very poor perfomances during a critical stretch of the season after the mid season point. I like that he played thru the pain, but for the most part it wasnt good play. Cedric Benson played sparingly, but got hurt when he got his shot. Not good. Both guys are extremely young, so Im not jumping ship on either right now, but if I had a chance to package either or both for a back who's proven he can get it done for entire season at a high level without going out, then Ill make the move. Bottom line, you cant play guys in your lineup who are either OUT or playing hurt and not well enough to help your squad. Lee Suggs is a perfect example. I love the guy, but he's just not getting it done in the pros. Ive waited for years to see him shine....Im thinking it may not happen at this point, but hopefully a change in scenary will change his luck.

Suggs has alot better chance to play than ALOT of the other guys. Injuries or not he is on my list. To each his own. He isnt available in ANY of my 8 dynastys and alot of the past 40 are.

Suggs has alot better chance to play than ALOT of the other guys. Injuries or not he is on my list. To each his own. He isnt available in ANY of my 8 dynastys and alot of the past 40 are.
I definitely dont buy into your logic. He's got alot better chance than WHO? Travis Henry?? Suggs has been in the league 3 years now, he's played in 25 of a possible 48 games, started 3, and basically outside of a nice 3 game stretch finishing up the '04 season, he's done nothing. Like I said, Ive liked him in college....he scored alot of TDs then, and I thought he'd be a nice back in the pros and TD machine for the right team, but if I had to pick between him and a reliable BACKUP, Im taking the backup. Because one, that's all Suggs is....Reuben Droughn's backup and two, he's ALWAYS HURT. Good luck with that....and youre right....to each his own.

Believe me, I like Lee Suggs as much as the next guy, but he just missed an entire season and has been nothing more than a walking injury during his STORIED but brief career.  Guys  with overwhelming injury histories cannot be considered for lists.....period.
Tick-Take it to the bank. Drafting RBs that have reliable history of staying on the field is the most sure way to have a solid season. Ive been playing FF for a dozen or so years, and Im not one of these crazy characters who plays in 8 leagues every year, normally 1 or maybe 2.....3 one year....but Ive missed making the playoffs ONE year, and Ill point primarily to drafting guys with little injury history. If youre taking young guys with little pro experience, just follow their college injury history. It doesnt do any good to draft 5 solid RBs at the beginning of a season who can give you nice matchups the first few weeks, but later on arent an option and leave you combing the waiver wire for backups. Guys like Kevin Jones, Deuce McCallister, Julius Jones, Lee Suggs....I just wont draft 'em. Id consider every one of those guy a high risk reach. Give me Tiki Barber, Shaun Alexander, Willis McGahee, Reuben Droughns, Edge James at the top. Thru the middle to late tier RBs, when obviously the proven quality of backs is a little more suspect, Im still looking for guys who are going to stay on the field. If you ever deal with a high risk or injury risk guy, make sure you lock down his backup if he's a backup worth having and the team has a solid enough line to give the backup a chance to succeed...ie Marion Barber (for JJOnes). On my own keeper league where Ill be keeping 7 players this year, Im sitting on Larry Johnson and Willis McGahee, who I consider to both be reliable players with a low injury risk, but Im also sitting on Stephen Jackson and Cedric Benson. Now, Jackson only missed one game last year, but he was hurt for several games and his play showed it. He gave some very poor perfomances during a critical stretch of the season after the mid season point. I like that he played thru the pain, but for the most part it wasnt good play. Cedric Benson played sparingly, but got hurt when he got his shot. Not good. Both guys are extremely young, so Im not jumping ship on either right now, but if I had a chance to package either or both for a back who's proven he can get it done for entire season at a high level without going out, then Ill make the move. Bottom line, you cant play guys in your lineup who are either OUT or playing hurt and not well enough to help your squad. Lee Suggs is a perfect example. I love the guy, but he's just not getting it done in the pros. Ive waited for years to see him shine....Im thinking it may not happen at this point, but hopefully a change in scenary will change his luck.
:rolleyes: You have an inconsistency issue here. You won't take injured guys or guys with a past injury, but you are happy with Edge and Mcgahee? McGahee had a gruesome injury. Edeg was injured a lot during the beginning of his career but he is OK?

It sounds to me like you are happy with whoever just happened to stay healthy.

:rolleyes: You have an inconsistency issue here. You won't take injured guys or guys with a past injury, but you are happy with Edge and Mcgahee? McGahee had a gruesome injury. Edeg was injured a lot during the beginning of his career but he is OK?

Edge injured ALOT early on? He led the NFL in rushing his 1st 2 years, then got hurt in ONE year....I believe his 3rd. One year he's been hurt. Is that an issue after playing in the league for 6? Has McGahee ever been hurt in the PROS? Not to my knowledge. So these guys, to date in the NFL, have a combined ONE injury to their credit of significance. If thats inconsistency, then you need to recheck your definition. I know what injury risk backs are and these guys arent 2 of them.

Edge injured ALOT early on? He led the NFL in rushing his 1st 2 years, then got hurt in ONE year....I believe his 3rd. One year he's been hurt. Is that an issue after playing in the league for 6? Has McGahee ever been hurt in the PROS? Not to my knowledge. So these guys, to date in the NFL, have a combined ONE injury to their credit of significance. If thats inconsistency, then you need to recheck your definition. I know what injury risk backs are and these guys arent 2 of them.
:wall: Talk about selective memory to prove your point. yeah, Edge played the first 2 years healthy. Then he was lost for 10 games with his knee injury, the next year he missed 2 more games and the following year he missed 3 more. Picture of health? Going into 2004 people were labeling him injury prone. McGahee has only been in the league three years and missed his first with the injury. The point with him is you are saying to stay away from guys who are injured but you are OK with Mcgahee now that he has played 2 years? BTW, you wouldn't touch Deuce, however, he was healthier than Edge until this last injury (only missed 3 games in 3 years) and even after it he would have the same health as Edge. Also, if Edge played in NO he would have been hurt more as 8-9 guys are after Deuce and Edge was running into the nickle and dime all day long (not saying Edge isn't good)

Who would you rather have in a dyansty league with PPR?

Westbrook or K. Jones

I know they are pretty close in dynasty rankings and Westbrook gets more receptions but he has the injury bug every season and does Jones value go up now with Martz on the scene.

Plus the age difference is 3 years.

Who would you rather have in a dyansty league with PPR?

Westbrook or K. Jones

I know they are pretty close in dynasty rankings and Westbrook gets more receptions but he has the injury bug every season and does Jones value go up now with Martz on the scene.

Plus the age difference is 3 years.
I like Westy. He is top 6 in PPG in a PPR league.When healthy He is a legit #1. I will take the chance over Jones :popcorn:

ill add my comments to the dynasty rankings next to the names..

1 - Tomlinson San Diego Chargers - still #1, no real surprise here

2 - Shaun Alexander Seattle Seahawks - drop down to #5-6

3- Larry Johnson Kansas City Chiefs - bump up 1 to #2

4 - EDGE Indianapolis Colts bump waaaaaay down, im talking out of this world down

5 - Steven Jackson St. Louis Rams - bump up to #3

6 - Willis McGahee Buffalo Bills - drop down to top 12

7 - Clinton Portis, Washington Redskins - probably #5-8 going forward, this season was a disaster though

8 - Lamont Jordan, Oakland Raiders - bump down further than the edge

Links to 7 and the Run-off

9 - Caddillac Williams Tampa Bay Bucs - 13-15 range

10 - Ronnie Brown Miami Dolphins - bump up to 7-8

11 - Kevin Jones Detroit Lions - bump to 4-7 range

12 - Deuce New Orleans Saints - drop a tiny bit to maybe 16-17 with the threat of bush

13 - Brian Westbrook Philadelphia Eagles - bump to #3-5

14 - Reggie Bush Houston Jets Who knows? - decent spot for him

15 - Tiki Barber New York Giants - drop off the list, hes retiring

16 - Dom Davis Houston Texans - drop down to 50-55

17 - Rudi Johnson Cincinati Bengals - bump into #9-10

18 - Julius Jones Dallas Cowboys - maybe drop him down a spot or two thanks to barber

19 - Jamal Lewis Baltimore Ravens - drop a spot or 3

20 - Cedric Benson Chicago Bears - another slight drop

21(t) - Chris Brown, Tennessee Titans - drop wayyy down

21(t) - Deshaun Foster, Carolina Panthers - drop down 5 spots

23 - Tatum Bell, Denver Broncos - good spot based on potential, right now however.. :X

24 - DeAngelo Williams, NCAA - bump to 16-18

25 - Thomas Jones, Chicago Bears - bump up to 18-20

26 - Chris Perry - drop way down

27 - Reuben Droughns - drop 2-3 spots

28 - Warrick Dunn - bump up to top 20, norwood keeps him from going higher

29 - Ricky Williams - drop a bit

30 - Willie Parker - huge riser, top 6-10

31 - Corey Dillon - okay here

32t - LenDale White - okay here

32t - Lawrence Maroney - bump way up, 12-14

34 - Frank Gore - riser of the year, top 5

35 - Ahman Green - okay here