What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft- Keke Coutee, WR, Houston (1 Viewer)

100 FAAB budget in the 12 team league I run:

$51 Winning Bid

- $35 (Outbid)

- $24 (Outbid)

-  $21 (Outbid)

- $12 (Outbid)

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you guys pick up Coutee and drop Keelan at this point (non-PPR)? Thinking volume will be there, more so than the Jags...

Bid $77 out of a $200 budget  - ended up overbidding by a lot as the next closest was $40, but I wasn't going to miss out on this one. 

Would you guys pick up Coutee and drop Keelan at this point (non-PPR)? Thinking volume will be there, more so than the Jags...
Cole is who I dropped for him.  Who knows.  I'm in a 10 team keep 3 ppr league and it's all a damn crap shoot.  I'm absolutely stacked at RB so at this point I'm trying to find at least doubles or triples at WR on the wire.  I've rotated thru Cole, Calloway, Godwin, M Williams already.  Sadly, at least for now I chose Williams over Boyd last week.  We'll see over the long term but I decided I trust Rivers more than Dalton.

As far as Coutee, I'm willing to give him a shot to see if they really want to give him the volume, vs Cole who seems closer to being JAG in a system where it is a crapshoot week to week.  Of course, this week they're up against KC so it's probably the wrong week to give up on him.  #### if I know man.  :lmao:

I had Lee as a keeper and drafted Cole this year just to stash him hoping they clear out the depth over the offseason. There are just waaaay too many mouths to feed, which sucks because they are all talented enough to give you WR3 numbers with consistent targets. I would roll the dice on Coutee over Cole this year. 

As long as we're talking about a number that won't prohibit you from making reasonable moves the rest of the year, gotta go with the philosophy of being better to overpay for the guy you want than to fall a bit short because you're worried about widely overbidding. 
Still holds true...even if you "overpay" by $51 of your $52 bid.

:lmao:

Fournette being banged up and Bortles not being tremendously bad.... both are likely to end sooner, rather than later. Take the WR with the best QB talent. I doubt Bortles will continue to keep pace with Watson the way he is so far in attempts and yards. Hell, he's already ~15% behind Watson in yards despite having 2 more attempts. 

100 FAAB budget in the 12 team league I run:

$51 Winning Bid

- $35 (Outbid)

- $24 (Outbid)

-  $21 (Outbid)

- $12 (Outbid)
good lord.  seems like a lot.

i can't imagine bidding that much for a guy who likely doesn't even crack the starting roster (yet).  I mean, I am relatively weak at WR (Thomas, Golladay, Brown), but still don't think I will play Keke this week.

it's not about playing him this week. I'm weak at wr too with Lockett starting, although he is awesome this year so far. if that wears off I have a backup plan. or if Coutee has consistency then I do start him. 
I'm actually considering dropping Lockett for Keke after watching Waldman's gut check article on him.

He's tied to a high powered offense, they clearly trust him despite being out, HOU has no run game to speak of, and Will Fuller can never stay on the field. Meanwhile, SEA offense seems like it's in quicksand this year and Baldwin just came back as well.

I'm actually considering dropping Lockett for Keke after watching Waldman's gut check article on him.

He's tied to a high powered offense, they clearly trust him despite being out, HOU has no run game to speak of, and Will Fuller can never stay on the field. Meanwhile, SEA offense seems like it's in quicksand this year and Baldwin just came back as well.
Wow. That is super bold but Will Fuller is not always so reliable. Keke could slide into 10+ a week targets real easily. 

Grabbed him last week (FCFS) in one league  :bowtie:

Other league is blind-bid, but it's a salary-cap league and you bid with your cap space (and the bid becomes his salary). So the higher I bid, the less likely I'll be able to keep him after this season.  OTOH, I'm missing Godwin, Robinson AND Hilton this week and he'd make a nice filler.  So I'm caught in the middle a bit.  There are other decent WW options to cover Hilton for a week or 2 (e.g., Chester Rogers, who'll presumably get a lot of his looks), so I'm leaning toward bidding an amount for Coutee where I'd be able to keep him for another year or 2.
Got him for just under 4% of the cap - 15/400.  :thumbup:

dmac37 said:
No not really. 12 team 23 player roster, superflex with 23 roster spots no PK.
Well then what the #### was he doing on waivers?  That’s just evidence that 12 people aren’t paying attention. 

Got him in 2/3 with about a 33% bid. Lost in one to 50%. Hours 
Got him for around 50% of my waiver money in an FFPC league.  Next highest bid $438.  I highly doubt he is worth that but my team here sucks & this is basically a Hail Mary.

Somehow in my primary money league (10T : $350 + $5 trans : PPR) he was not bid on in FAAB, so I grabbed him yesterday “free” (no FAAB$, $5 cash) 

This league is mandatory 5WR (start 3). I had D Baldwin, M Evans, C Davis, Q Enunwa, and S Watkins.

Currently 4-0 and leading Points handily thanks to RB Corps of Kamara, Gordon, Thompson, and Michel (Start 2)... plus QBs Watson and Big Ben. 

Dropped Watkins for Coutee. Aggressive, perhaps. But my take aligns with Waldman’s “Gut Check”. We shall see :popcorn:  

I have Fuller and picked him up.  I'll be rolling him out if Fuller is out. 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/list/all/team/season/week/keke-coutee/COU751041/2018/4/route

Comparing this to the routes for the all the Texans from the previous 3 weeks... no other receiver was running these routes (save 1 for Hopkins in game 1).  Lamar had similar type routes but nothing in game 4... also he been all that effective?  They're likely looking for more explosive capability. 

I have Fuller and picked him up.  I'll be rolling him out if Fuller is out. 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/list/all/team/season/week/keke-coutee/COU751041/2018/4/route

Comparing this to the routes for the all the Texans from the previous 3 weeks... no other receiver was running these routes (save 1 for Hopkins in game 1).  Lamar had similar type routes but nothing in game 4... also he been all that effective?  They're likely looking for more explosive capability. 
That link would be so awesome if it wasn't a link to Kareem Hunt's routes last week.   

Will Fuller (hamstring) expects to play Week 5 against the Cowboys.

Despite suffering a setback against the Colts, Fuller looked on track to play this week after getting in a limited practice Wednesday, and this is just another indication he will be ready to go Sunday night. Fuller playing is a concern for breakout star Keke Coutee's target share.
I don't think it kills his value because a) he occupies a part of the field the Texans don't have many guys occupy b) Texans run a lot of 3 WR sets anyway. Like it was stated in the article I linked last page, because how narrow the distribution is, three wide receivers can be supported in the O. c) Coutee's varied usage and route tree should give him opportunities (basically the first point).

EDIT: While he won't get double digit targets, this projects to be a game Texans will have to pass to win and he should see 5-7 you'd think.

I don't think it kills his value because a) he occupies a part of the field the Texans don't have many guys occupy b) Texans run a lot of 3 WR sets anyway. Like it was stated in the article I linked last page, because how narrow the distribution is, three wide receivers can be supported in the O. c) Coutee's varied usage and route tree should give him opportunities (basically the first point).
I agree, not starting him this week, waiting to see how it plays out.....but I think a star is on the rise.

There you go! Nice info. Looks like all close to the line, though. Not too encouraging if you bid highly. Also nice to know that information exists. Thanks for that!  
Kinda what I thought when I saw the chart.  I got him, but cheap, so I'm happy to see how this plays out.

There you go! Nice info. Looks like all close to the line, though. Not too encouraging if you bid highly. Also nice to know that information exists. Thanks for that!  
now if you click on his route and open the page.... you'll find the link I provided above.  

If Allison is out due to his concussion, I'm going to be forced to start Coutee. What's the word on Fuller? Obviously, him being out would be extremely helpful to Coutee. 

I found Coutee’s week 4 routes and usage extremely encouraging:

--All those short targets are gold in a PPR league

--They clearly designed plays and schemes specifically for him

--They used him like a RB at times which for a WR is bonus volume. This usage could prove especially valuable on a team where the RBs are injured and majorly under-performing

If you watch the tape, Coutee isn’t a Cole Beasley / Adam Humphries catch and fall down type of receiver, he’s explosive. If he continues to see volume I imagine big plays and deep targets will be a part of his game.

Interesting thoughts. I bid on him based on targets alone and didn't get a chance to watch tape. I couldn't find any on him. 

That's good news, then.  

Piggybacking off my previous post, he wasn't just some depth player that came off the bench to sub for Fuller. He was more like a secret weapon the Texans had been waiting to unleash. That is encouraging. 

per Hribar he led the team in targets in the 1st quarter.  I haven't changed my mind...looking at the target map again I think he's here to stay ...

Here is his week 4 tape, pretty good.  Getting really creative with him....they did that end around play at least 4 times.  If Lamaar Miller is out this week I can see them doing that a lot more too.

https://youtu.be/1UPFhLLvtO4
Wow, thank you. 

He did look explosive. Lots of jet sweeps. I wonder how much Fuller eats into his targets and touches given how designed those plays have to be.  

Super interesting, I've been tracking this guy since preseason, and still a little under the radar in my league -- I think guys like him and some other potential boom/bust WRs in PPR (Ryan Grant, Dorsett, Cordarelle Patterson, etc.) are kinda lumped together in their minds, while I see the tangible upside and a team eager to use his skills to jump start a 1-3 start to keep up with the Jags and Titans in the division.

That said, are we truly confident how situational vs dependable he is? Patterson is a great corollary -- also an explosive receiver who teams have used in similar jet/sweep/reverse usages and someone who clearly has talent but has never really been dependable as a fantasy receiver.

I can see this going both ways, as it's not as if Houston's present starting receivers are poor. If he has a role in these kind of backfield plays, and is not getting additional opportunity given the strength of the two other receivers in downfield plays, his usage becomes a little predictable to Ds -- this is exactly what I saw happen with Patterson on both the Vikes and Raiders.

Am thinking of scooping him up before games start as a stash as I can see him going off and then not being in a waiver place to claim next week; but can also see him remaining under the radar and potentially be a risky start over other potential flex plays. 

Wow, thank you. 

He did look explosive. Lots of jet sweeps. I wonder how much Fuller eats into his targets and touches given how designed those plays have to be.  
I think Keke has a different role right now. He is the slot guy and a bit of a gadget guy. However, he does have real long speed and could fill the Fuller role if the hamstring keeps Fuller out at any point this year (it's almost certain he will miss more somewhere). I like Keke's chances. And he has such a fun name. 

Super interesting, I've been tracking this guy since preseason, and still a little under the radar in my league -- I think guys like him and some other potential boom/bust WRs in PPR (Ryan Grant, Dorsett, Cordarelle Patterson, etc.) are kinda lumped together in their minds, while I see the tangible upside and a team eager to use his skills to jump start a 1-3 start to keep up with the Jags and Titans in the division.

That said, are we truly confident how situational vs dependable he is? Patterson is a great corollary -- also an explosive receiver who teams have used in similar jet/sweep/reverse usages and someone who clearly has talent but has never really been dependable as a fantasy receiver.

I can see this going both ways, as it's not as if Houston's present starting receivers are poor. If he has a role in these kind of backfield plays, and is not getting additional opportunity given the strength of the two other receivers in downfield plays, his usage becomes a little predictable to Ds -- this is exactly what I saw happen with Patterson on both the Vikes and Raiders.

Am thinking of scooping him up before games start as a stash as I can see him going off and then not being in a waiver place to claim next week; but can also see him remaining under the radar and potentially be a risky start over other potential flex plays. 
I think your concern about future usage is absolutely warranted. Coutee is only the Texans’ WR3 and we can only make educated guesses about their future plans for him. But Patterson is a weird comp. He has always been a freak athlete that teams try to scheme the ball to but as a WR he’s objectively terrible. He has way below average route running, a low football IQ, and almost zero feel for the position. Coutee is a different player. They’re both explosive but Coutee is much savvier, smarter, more natural, and more versatile. Coutee may or may not hit, but if he fails it won’t be because he only has a gadget skill set.

Easy WR2 the rest of the way. Starting with confidence and looking to get as many shares as possible in dynasty.

Whoop whoop!

Going into this season, I was worried the Texans passing game would need to throw less because it's defense is now healthy.  It turns out the Texans defense can't really stop anyone (yet), so there are plenty of targets to go around.  I can see Coutee being solid even with a healthy Fuller in the mix.

It may have been mentioned already, but the coaches said Fuller could have gone back in last week but was held out. That is very encouraging, I think. Essentially, their patience with Coutee seemed to be paying off and there was no rush to get Fuller back on the field. To me, that reads like a team that will continue to feed Coutee (albeit not necessarily to the tune of 15 targets) and Fuller's presence (when healthy) is likely to be a positive for Keke, serving to open up the short/underneath stuff he's being fed. 

Pretty exciting, either way. Watson certainly seems to be the real deal and every high octane offense the NFL can put out there makes the game (and FF) more fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread