What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft- Keke Coutee, WR, Houston (4 Viewers)

Texans vs. Colts Week 13 inactives: WR Isaiah Coulter inactive

WR Isaiah Coulter was expected to get some increased reps with the suspension of Will Fuller. However, he was declared inactive, which means more opportunities for Keke Coutee and Steven Mitchell.   C.J. Prosise was dealing with an illness all week and was declared inactive.

A little surprising...........I guess this means Coutee could expect to see a few more targets today.   I had Duke Johnson as my flex and with this news, i may pivot and take a chance on Coutee today.  Anyone else? 
im playing him over HIggins

Texans vs. Colts Week 13 inactives: WR Isaiah Coulter inactive

WR Isaiah Coulter was expected to get some increased reps with the suspension of Will Fuller. However, he was declared inactive, which means more opportunities for Keke Coutee and Steven Mitchell.   C.J. Prosise was dealing with an illness all week and was declared inactive.

A little surprising...........I guess this means Coutee could expect to see a few more targets today.   I had Duke Johnson as my flex and with this news, i may pivot and take a chance on Coutee today.  Anyone else? 
It is a bit surprising that Coulter is inactive.  Either he is not impressing on the practice field or there is some other issue going on with him.  Regardless, this elevates Coutee's prospects a bit for this week.  Coutee should see the field a lot today.  I am not putting him in my lineup (I have his teammate B. Cooks in, along with A. Cooper), but I am excited to see if he can make some noise.

I don't think HOU will be able to run vs IND def today and I think HOU has to stay in pass mode to move the ball

It is a bit surprising that Coulter is inactive.  Either he is not impressing on the practice field or there is some other issue going on with him.  Regardless, this elevates Coutee's prospects a bit for this week.  Coutee should see the field a lot today.  I am not putting him in my lineup (I have his teammate B. Cooks in, along with A. Cooper), but I am excited to see if he can make some noise.
I read that Coulter is still dealing with a neck issue and just not ready yet.  

Wish I had the stones to start him today, would have been nice to pair with Watson. Thankfully I had Waller in and made up for iur

we get bonuses for plays over 40 and 100 yard milestones (both receiving and returning today)

253 all purpose yards

of the WRs going on Sunday, surpassed by only Adams & C Davis

Keke Coutee caught 8-of-9 targets for 141 yards in the Texans' Week 13 loss to the Colts. [Note: He also had 112 return yards]

Often injured, Coutee was frequently healthy scratched by Bill O'Brien even when he was available over the past two seasons. You would have never guessed it today, where Coutee got loose as Deshaun Watson evaded an early blitz and hauled in a 64-yard reception. It was the longest catch of his career, as well as the biggest play of the day for the Texans. The yards were a new career high by 32. Typically viewed as a brittle slot man, Coutee will be needed for more for the final four weeks of the season as Chad Hansen also commands snaps in the Texans' undermanned offense. Coutee and his targets floor will offer some low-end WR3 appeal for next week's tough date with the Bears. 

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Keke Coutee (knee) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Coutee is coming off a Week 13 explosion where he went 8-141 against the Colts on nine targets. Now locked in as the Texans' No. 2 wideout, Coutee is an every-week WR3 with upside in a difficult matchup against the Bears.

Dec 9, 2020, 5:46 PM ET

Keke Coutee (knee) was upgraded to "full" on Thursday. 

Coutee doubled his snaps in Week 13, so it is not surprising he is a little banged up heading into Sunday's game against the Bears. Coutee gobbled up air yards vs. Indianapolis, but he is still most likely to do his damage over the middle of the field as a slot compiler. He has some WR3 appeal with Deshaun Watson playing at an MVP level. 

Dec 10, 2020, 6:22 PM ET

Who's the better pickup here, Pittmam Jr or Coutee?  I'm leaning Coutee because I also have Watson.  Add to that the IND WR room is starting to become a little crowded with Hilton now back from the dead.  Is Coutee worth the pickup for the playoffs?  

Who's the better pickup here, Pittmam Jr or Coutee?  I'm leaning Coutee because I also have Watson.  Add to that the IND WR room is starting to become a little crowded with Hilton now back from the dead.  Is Coutee worth the pickup for the playoffs?  
I got him via waivers yesterday and now have both him and Cooks. I'm not as bullish on him as FBG but the targets are hard to ignore. If Watson keeps throwing, I'd probably want him over Pittman in redraft.

Keke Coutee caught 5-of-7 targets for 53 yards and a touchdown in the Texans' Week 15 loss to the Colts. 

Coutee's fourth quarter touchdown was a nine-yarder on a Deshaun Watson play fake. Potential score No. 2 was going to put the Texans within an extra point of overtime, but Coutee never felt Darius Leonard thundering up behind him. Leonard punched the ball into the end zone and the Colts recovered with 0:19 remaining. That was that. Coutee has provided some PPR WR3 goodness since Will Fuller's steroid ban kicked in three games ago, but his Week 13 ceiling effort is predictably looking illusory. That being said, Coutee catches a gorgeous fantasy finals matchup in the Bengals. He will find himself in the WR30-36 range. 

Dec 20, 2020, 3:53 PM ET

Keke Coutee was limited during Wednesday's practice with a foot injury.

Coutee is an important piece of the Texans' offense right now, seeing seven targets in Week 15 and two touchdowns over the last two weeks. Hopefully the foot injury is minor, but check back in before Sunday to see his status for Week 16.

Dec 23, 2020, 9:53 PM ET

Keke Coutee (foot) was upgraded to "full" for Thursday's practice.

Coutee's Week 16 status against the Bengals is not in doubt. Coutee's Week 13 ceiling eruption was predictably a fluke, though he is doing enough to earn last-gasp WR3 appeal in PPR leagues. 

Dec 24, 2020, 4:26 PM ET

Might score some points if he gets regular playing time and I’ve been on and off with him for years.  Love the talent just seemed to never stay healthy and slipped out of the good graces of the previous regime.

That said, I dropped him this morning for Kylin Hill.

MFL has him projected for 75 catches, 942 yds, 7 TDs on 104 targets right now.

That seems pretty ambitious though not completely crazy. Be interesting to see how the slot battle turns out between Coutee & Anthony Miller. 

Liked Coutee coming out but he never seemed to get out of the doghouse except for a few games at the end of last season where he showed fairly well. Would love to see him get a legit shot even if it's with lesser QBs.

MFL has him projected for 75 catches, 942 yds, 7 TDs on 104 targets right now.

That seems pretty ambitious though not completely crazy. Be interesting to see how the slot battle turns out between Coutee & Anthony Miller. 

Liked Coutee coming out but he never seemed to get out of the doghouse except for a few games at the end of last season where he showed fairly well. Would love to see him get a legit shot even if it's with lesser QBs.
The projection clearly takes Miller's injury into account (and then some). Projecting 942 yards for a guy who has 941 yards for the first 3 years of his career and is in probably as bad a QB and overall offense situation as exists in the game, is a huge reach. With his injury propensity, imo, a good over/under would be about half of that.

Colts signed WR Keke Coutee to their practice squad

The former Texans slot wideout hooks on with the team he did the most damage against. In four games against the Colts, Coutee has 27 catches for 328 yards and a touchdown. Coutee is no lock to be elevated to the roster, but he profiles as a new Parris Campbell backup in the slot if it happens. 

Source : Aaron Wilson Twitter

Sept 1, 2021

Users who are viewing this thread