What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Matt Jones, Colts (1 Viewer)

time will tell .... RB's need opportunity - Jones has it. Fantasy RB's need touches .... your RB won't score well every week on 8-10 touches. Matt Jones has the chance to be that - draft accordingly

i wish we still had alfred morris.  Good luck guessing who will be in on which downs between him and Chris Thompson.  Game script will dictate that and i  predict that will be super frustrating for jones owners. 

No doubt Jones has one of the best opportunities in the league. He's just never been very good as a RB. He had opportunities at Florida.  

i wish we still had alfred morris.  Good luck guessing who will be in on which downs between him and Chris Thompson.  Game script will dictate that and i  predict that will be super frustrating for jones owners. 
Pretty much a lock they sign a camp cut RB, right?

No doubt Jones has one of the best opportunities in the league. He's just never been very good as a RB. He had opportunities at Florida.  
Yea this is where i am.  I hope he does well because im a redskins can.  but i wasnt impressed last season and Thomspon seemed to be favored down the stretch.

Pretty much a lock they sign a camp cut RB, right?
Oh for sure. When you look at the depth at RB, there is nothing there to inspire confidence. Another bad showing by the run game again this week against the Jets and I think we'll be adding someone.

Pierre thomas is still out there i believe.  :shrug:
He was good for us last year down the stretch, but not sure I'd get too excited about him this season. Not sure who all is out there at the moment, but I feel pretty confident that we'll add a RB before the regular season starts.

Tried looking up Rob Kelley's measurables as it could have mattered even before this possible injury. They are brutal. 

Dak keeps this up and we may not see romo start a game all year.  Feels like I'm watching a better rendition of Russell Wilson circa 2012.  

I know nothing medically, but after a quick google search its about 1 week to avoid pain, and 6 weeks for it to fully heal properly.  Just good info I wanted to put here.  Assuming what I found is correct of course.

I know nothing medically, but after a quick google search its about 1 week to avoid pain, and 6 weeks for it to fully heal properly.  Just good info I wanted to put here.  Assuming what I found is correct of course.
Pretty sure this is the same injury that randall cobb had last year.  I would think shoulder pain would suck for quickly snagging a ball out of the air, but would also suck for getting hit a lot as a running back.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he does not expect Matt Jones (AC sprain) to miss much time.
"I don't think it'll be a long injury," were Gruden's exact words before adding the injury was a "slight separation of his AC joint." Jones is certainly done for the preseason, but it sounds like he at least has a shot to be ready for Week 1. Chris Thompson and Rob Kelley handled the first-team work after Jones went down. Rookie Keith Marshall saw all of his carries in the second half.

Source: Master Tesfatsion on Twitter

RB Matt Jones lose any stock he had with this injury? Will he be back game 1 with no issues, lead RB with the guys behind him underwhelming ?

Anyone have any guesses?

Speaking Monday, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Matt Jones (shoulder) is "progressing nicely."
That was the extent of Gruden's "update," but Jones seems to remain on track for Week 1. Jones has a ton to prove on the field, but his role makes him a low-end RB2 in fantasy drafts.

Source: Redskins on Twitter 
Aug 29 - 2:39 PM

where are you guys drafting this guy? 

I'm not a huge fan of Matt Jones in general but he seems to be in the right place - the offensive line seems pretty good, offense should be able to move the ball, and he seems primed to get ~20 touches per game, no?

Ive ended up with him on a bunch of my teams and here is why:

1- everyone thinks he sucks and he is going after guys like derrick henry, chris ivory, etc. in redrafts

2- His offense is really good- they will be moving the ball up and down the field

3- His division sucks. The other teams defenses stink

4- He can and will catch

5- HIS COACHES/FRONT OFFICE ACTUALLY LIKE HIM.... and he has no competition. R Kelley is awful, thompson is a pass catching back with no punch.

I could easily see a top 15 finish for Jones. He's going outside the top 30 right now- thats insane to me. 

Kelley is awful? There isn't enough evidence to say that at this point even if it's true. No need to overstate your point.

We sometimes like to watch football rather than read about it. He's looked pretty good, even with the 1's.
And last preseason, Matt Jones was all the rage.  I think Jones looked great at times last year. It's definitely his job to lose. There are not many guys going into the season who are the undisputed starters who should get the majority of the carries, including goal line. Plus, Jones can catch the ball. I think he's a huge value at his current ADP. Unless his shoulder turns out to be more than the Skins are saying, I think he has top 10 fantasy back potential.

And last preseason, Matt Jones was all the rage.  I think Jones looked great at times last year. It's definitely his job to lose. There are not many guys going into the season who are the undisputed starters who should get the majority of the carries, including goal line. Plus, Jones can catch the ball. I think he's a huge value at his current ADP. Unless his shoulder turns out to be more than the Skins are saying, I think he has top 10 fantasy back potential.
I'm not disagreeing, crapping on Jones, or pounding the table for Kelley--I simply pointed out that his post went too far to make a point by calling a basic unknown in Kelley "awful" for no reason. 

Okay, that's cool. He's already the best pass protector in the RB stable, it looks like, and has done a good job running north rather than east/west like all our other RB's. He's obviously not a special talent at all, but you're a moron if you don't think he's any kind of threat to some of Matt Jones' workload (assuming he stays healthy).

great to see Kelley and Mack running wild ... just imagine what the RB that WAS has faith in being their bell cow gets in week 1

ConnSKINS26 said:
We sometimes like to watch football rather than read about it. He's looked pretty good, even with the 1's.
you want to crown a dude off of preseason, thats your choice man. Im watching too. I watched Jones last year too. Do I think he's a world beater? nope. But I think the organization likes him and let Morris leave for pennies for a reason. 

ConnSKINS26 said:
Okay, that's cool. He's already the best pass protector in the RB stable, it looks like, and has done a good job running north rather than east/west like all our other RB's. He's obviously not a special talent at all, but you're a moron if you don't think he's any kind of threat to some of Matt Jones' workload (assuming he stays healthy).
name calling for people having opinions... but getting your feelings hurt when peoples opinions are different than yours... Do you have Mommy issues? 

ConnSKINS26 said:
I'm not disagreeing, crapping on Jones, or pounding the table for Kelley--I simply pointed out that his post went too far to make a point by calling a basic unknown in Kelley "awful" for no reason. 
sorry I hurt your feelings man. Forgot this is 2016. My bad for going too far in a fantasy football message board. Ill send flowers. 

packer_junkie said:
Kelley has worse measurables & worse stats at Tulane than Jones did at Florida.... 
and yet he's looked better than Jones throughout training camp and in preseason...Jones has Scott M behind him and he will get the start but he won't get 3rd down and Kelley is gonna cut into his carries. Prior to preseason I loved Jones and had high projections for him but I've cut those fairly dramatically at this point. Still probably a good value where he's being drafted but temper your expectations. Probably closer to 200 carries, 850 yards, 6-7 tds and 25-30 receptions for 375 and 1 td.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that neither Jones or Kelley are very good, especially from an FFB perspective.  Redskin O-line, not  very good.  Look at rushing stats for Skins RB's last year,bad.  Morris looks a lot better running behind Dallas o-line than Skins, Morris stunk last year.  Leader in rushing td's last year, Cousins with 5.

Matt Jones (shoulder) said he "feels awesome" after returning to practice Monday and expects to play Week 1.
Jones wore a non-contact jersey on Monday, but coach Jay Gruden said he will participate in a full-contact session later in the week. If he comes through unscathed, he should be good to go for Monday night. Even though Jones will start, undrafted rookie Rob Kelley has earned a role.

Source: Mike Jones on Twitter 
Sep 5 - 12:55 PM

Anybody confident enough to start him? I'm looking at Jones or Derrick Henry and not confident in either. Might pickup CWest or Sproles and role the dice. 

Users who are viewing this thread