What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Marqise 'albino tiger' Lee, Patriots (3 Viewers)

Lol I know that sounds crazy but if you watch his college and nfl tape  his raw talent pops off the screen. Put him on a different team with a better quarterback in a more pass happy offense and this guy would be lighting up the NFL 

Have been using Lee here and there and would like to use him this week. Should I be concerned about the weather? (20MPH wind with a chill in the 20's) Would Lee's effectiveness also be hampered by the fact that he's the only WR threat or does volume rule here? Cheers.
i was going to put lee in and sit jordy.

the weather swayed me against this idea.

Not sure if I should run him out there this week. Bad weather plus they might be whipping the Browns early. 

Jaguars have decisions to make at WR
Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee set to be free agents
By: Mike Krueger | Jan 24 2018, 8:00 am

The Jaguars are free to sign any of the players to extensions. Here is a player by player look at the Jaguars’ group of unrestricted free agents: Prediction: Allen Robinson plays under the franchise tag or signs a multi-year deal with the Jaguars that includes easy-to-attain incentives if he is healthy in 2018. Prediction: Marqise Lee signs with another team. (Florida Times Union)

FFToday's Take: Robinson tore is ACL back in Week 1 so assuming he has no setbacks he should be able to be on the field for Week 1 of 2018. Jags beat writer Ryan O’Halloran suggests the team may franchise tag Robinson and let Lee walk in free agency. Expect one or the other to be back in Jacksonville next season.

Jaguars re-signed WR Marqise Lee to a four-year contract.

The deal is worth a "maximum" of $38 million and includes $18 million guaranteed. Planning to re-sign Lee was surely part of the calculus when the Jags let Allen Robinson walk. A slow developer thanks to early-career hamstring injuries, Lee finally arrived in 2016 and has accrued 119 catches for 1,553 yards over the past two seasons. He was miscast as the Jaguars' fill-in No. 1 last season but offers both chain-moving and big-play ability as a No. 2. Of course, right now he's No. 1 on the depth chart. Lee's retainment will take some of the pressure off sophomores Keelan Cole and Dede Westbrook as they continue to develop.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter 

Mar 13 - 2:57 PM

(dynastyleaguefootball) The Jacksonville Jaguars and Marqise Lee will be reunited.

Analysis: The move makes a ton of sense after the Jags allowed Allen Robinson to take his talents to Chicago. Lee has been on the trainer's table far too often to be considered dependable, but he's trending in the right direction. Lee played 16 games in 2016 and followed up with 14 games in 2017. He's amassed 119 receptions, 1,553 yards and six touchdowns over the past two years. The departure of Robinson means that Lee should function as the WR1 in the offense while DeDe Westbrook and Keelan Cole, both sophomores, continue to develop. In DLF's Dynasty receiver rankings, Lee is the WR57 with an ADP of 137. At only 26 years of age, he's an intriguing buy-low target in dynasty with upside IF he can remain on the field.

Marqise Lee - WR -  Jaguars

Marqise Lee was carted off the field with a knee injury in the Jaguars' third preseason game.

Lee suffered the injury at the end of a catch in the first quarter. It looked serious in real time, and the medical staff almost immediately called for the cart. Lee was quickly ruled out after returning to the locker room and appears to be dealing with a serious injury. Keelan Cole, who started Saturday night, and Dede Westbrook need to be moved up draft boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, the injury looked bad.  Real bad.  Like multiple ligament and possible fracture bad.  Praying for Lee rt now. I really like him as a player even though he never really reached my lofty expectations for him.  

With that out of the way, I’m going hard on dede not Cole.  Coles a good player, but dede has potential for greatness.  This could be his year.  

I believe the biggest short term beneficiary of Lee's absence will be Moncrief, although without Lee's 85-90 targets, one  of the three now have a chance for WR3 status.  Chark gets more run too, by necessity, so if he's legit, he could have an impact sooner rather than later.

Jags WRs still a crap shoot, though...here is target breakdown for first team offense

RB (9!)--Yeldon 4, Fournette 3, Grant 1, Bohanon 1

WR (12)--Moncrief 5, Westbrook 3, Chark 2, Cole 1, Lee 1

TE (3)--ASJ 2, O'Shaugnessy 1

Interesting that Lee returned the opening kick-off...I think it meant that Jags were considering not keeping regular returner Mickens on the 53

Also, very nice sentiment by Falcons DB who made the hit

Montae Kazee ✔ @Damontaekazee

Before i go out on the field i pray for both teams to stay healthy , i was just trying to make a football play, i will never ever try to hurt anyone, i just want to reach out to you bro and tell you that you’ll be in my prayers everyday @TeamLee1

10:46 PM - Aug 25, 2018

(RotoWire) Lee (knee) believes he's a bit ahead of schedule in his rehab, with the expectation to be ready for the start of the 2019 season, John Oehser of the Jaguars' official website reports.

Analysis: Lee suffered an ACL tear during the third week of the preseason, undergoing reconstructive surgery shortly thereafter. Reports on his progress haven't gotten into specifics, and it's still too early for any kind of timeline regarding a return to football activities. It's safe to assume he'll be absent or limited during the offseason program as he gears up for the second season of a four-year, $34 million contract. The structure of the deal keeps him safe through 2019, but he could be a cap casualty the following year if he doesn't bounce back strong from his injury. The Jaguars also have Dede Westbrook, D.J. Chark and Keelan Cole under contract, giving them a diverse group of wideouts with the benefit of youth, though there isn't a 1,000-yard season (or even close) among the bunch. The team presumably will prioritize finding a replacement for Blake Bortles at quarterback.

(RotoWire) Coach Doug Marrone expects Lee (knee) to return late in the preseason, Daniel Popper of The Athletic reports.

Analysis: Lee suffered a torn ACL during the third week of the 2018 preseason and thus has more than a full year to recover before Week 1 in 2019. It sounds like he won't be ready for spring practices but at least is on track for some degree of participation at the start of training camp. Lee and Dede Westbrook are the early favorites to draw the most targets from new quarterback Nick Foles, though D.J. Chark, Chris Conley and Keelan Cole are also viable candidates to get snaps at wide receiver.

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone does not expect Marqise Lee (knee) to be ready for the start of camp.

This matches what WRs coach Keenan McCardell said earlier this month. Marrone does expect Lee to return at some point in camp, but it is possible if not likely he heads into the season at less than 100 percent. If healthy, Lee would be the favorite for the No. 1 job, but that might end up falling to Dede Westbrook.

SOURCE: Phillip Heilman on Twitter

Jun 13, 2019, 12:16 PM ET

Jaguars placed WR Marqise Lee (knee) on the active/PUP list.

At this point, Lee should be considered questionable for Week 1 after missing all of 2018. For what it's worth, coach Doug Marrone claimed last month that Lee would return at "some point" in camp. If he can actually get healthy, Lee could immediately re-install himself near the top of the Jags' receiver depth chart.

Jul 23, 2019, 4:14 PM ET

1010XL's Hays Carlyon thinks Marqise Lee (knee, active/PUP) is unlikely to have a significant role this season.

Lee opened training camp on PUP and isn't a lock to be ready for Week 1. Even if he gets cleared, he could struggle for a role coming off an extended layoff. Dede Westbrook, D.J. Chark, and Chris Conley have been the Jaguars top-three receivers at training camp. The dead money on Lee's contract secures he'll be in Jacksonville for at least one more season, but it's hard to get excited about his post-ACL return.

SOURCE: Hays Carlyon on Twitter

Aug 3, 2019, 12:56 PM ET

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said Marqise Lee (knee, active/PUP) may not be ready for the start of the season.

This isn't a huge surprise after Lee opened training camp on active/PUP. Lee looks like a longshot for Week 1, and it's not a lock he avoids reserve/PUP, which would cost him the first six games. Even when healthy, Lee may struggle for a role behind Dede Westbrook, D.J. Chark, and Chris Conley.

SOURCE: Hays Carlyon on Twitter

Aug 10, 2019, 1:46 PM ET

Jaguars activated WR Marqise Lee (knee) from the active/PUP list.

Coach Doug Marrone said Lee may not be ready for the start of the season earlier this month. That may still be the case, but this is a step in the right direction. At the very least, the Jaguars expect Lee to return before the six weeks he would have missed on reserve/PUP. Lee is behind the rest of Jacksonville's receivers after sitting out 2018. He's not a lock for a top-three role.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 17, 2019, 1:52 PM ET

Marqise Lee (knee) is practicing in full for Week 1.

It means Lee will be suited up for Sunday's opener against the Chiefs, though his readiness level is uncertain. He is listed as a starter on the Jaguars' unofficial depth chart. The only thing clear in the Jags' receiver corps is that Dede Westbrook is in the lead for targets. Behind him will be Lee, D.J. Chark and Chris Conley jockeying for position.

Sep 5, 2019, 5:38 PM ET

Last edited by a moderator:
(RotoWire) Lee (knee) is active for Sunday's Week 1 tilt against the Chiefs. Analysis: As expected after he put in a full week of practice participation, Lee will take the field for the first time since suffering an ACL tear during the third preseason game of the 2018 exhibition slate. He'll rejoin a receiving corps that now also includes veteran offseason addition Chris Conley in addition to holdovers Dede Westbrook, D.J. Chark and Keelan Cole.

Is this guy even on anyone's radar anymore? 

I'm in the market for a WR3/4 to get me through the bye weeks. Will this guy still get some PT?

Jaguars placed WR Marqise Lee on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.

So ends another injury-marred campaign for the former second-rounder, who dealt with knee and ankle issues before his shoulder acted up. Going on 28, Lee will close the book on 2019 with just three catches since 2017. He signed a new four-year, $38 million deal in March 2018 but will undoubtedly be sent packing in the offseason. Such a move would clear $5.25 million in cap space while leaving behind $3.5 million in dead money.

SOURCE: Mark Long on Twitter

Oct 29, 2019, 3:32 PM ET

Kudos to him and his agent for somehow parlaying that contract. That’s Paul Richardson highway robbery territory.

Jaguars released WR Marqise Lee.

Lee, 28, was the 39th overall pick in the 2014 draft and is the latest once-high draft pick to be sent packing by the Jaguars. Lee posted a combined 119-1,553-6 line across 30 games with Blake Bortles in 2016 and 2017 but ended up tearing his ACL and missed all of 2018 and appeared in just six games last season, catching three balls for 18 scoreless yards. He's never been an exceptional athlete at the position, relatively speaking, so losing anything after the ACL tear was going to hurt Lee. He was scheduled to collect a $6.25 million salary in 2020. We don't expect Lee to have a hot market. He'll likely have to settle for a one-year, near-minimum deal.

RELATED: 

Jacksonville Jaguars

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 20, 2020, 2:48 PM ET

[Schefter] Patriots are signing former Jaguars’ WR Marqise Lee to a one-year contract, per source. Trade a TE, land a WR.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1253337575839772674

The Jags have had a bunch of WRs that are almost the same person to me...Lee, Allen Hurns, Cecil Shorts, Dede Westbrook, Keelan Cole, Mike Sims-Walker...it’s like the same person but with a different name.

Patriots WR Marqise Lee has opted out of the 2020 season.

This is a voluntary opt-out — Lee will miss the season for personal reasons. He joins a growing list of Patriots, including LB Dont'a Hightower, SS Patrick Chung and RT Marcus Cannon. Lee played in just six games with Jacksonville last year and was on the outside looking in for a roster spot. His one-year contract will toll into 2021.

SOURCE: Jim McBride on Twitter

Aug 1, 2020, 9:14 AM ET

I’m curious how this works. Lee’s contract rolls into next year, so he gets a $150,000 loan for this year. If NE cuts him before the season starts next year, can he keep the $150K? He was iffy to make the roster this year. 

I’m curious how this works. Lee’s contract rolls into next year, so he gets a $150,000 loan for this year. If NE cuts him before the season starts next year, can he keep the $150K? He was iffy to make the roster this year. 
I think this is not an issue with Lee because he got $300K guaranteed on his contract, including a $137.5K signing bonus. So he has enough guaranteed money coming that he won't have to pay anything back. If I understand how this works, NE will still owe him another $12.5K in guaranteed money if they cut him next offseason on top of the $287.5K he's already gotten ($137.5K signing bonus + $150K opt out money).

Users who are viewing this thread