What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Rookie drafts... (1 Viewer)

ozman

Footballguy
I think we have a post open for initial dynasty drafts for 2006, but I don't think we started one for leagues that are now starting their rookie drafts. Last year this was a great thread to help gauge value for rookie picks (for dynasty) especially in May and June.

As it went last year, please add your league size, starting lineup req. and if you use IDP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ours starts tomorrow, I'll keep it updates here.

I'm on the clock at 1.1... :boxing:

1.1 - Reggie Bush, RB, NO

1.2 - Laurence Maroney, RB, NE

1.3 - DeAngelo Williams, RB, CAR

1.4 - Joseph Addai, RB, IND

1.5 - Lendale White, RB, TEN

1.6 - Matt Leinart, QB, ARI

In a startup league... it went

Conference 1:

Bush

Williams

Maroney

Addai

(so far as we are in the 4th)

Conference 2:

Bush

Maroney

(so far- in the early 3rd)

1.1 J Addai

1.2 Laurence Maroney

1.3 R. Bush

1.4 D. Williams

1.5 L. White

1.6 Matt Leinart

1.7 Vernon Davis

1.8 Vince Young

1.9 Chad Jackson

1.10 Santonio Holmes

1.11 Marcedes Lewis

1.12 Jay Cutler

2.1 Sinorice Moss

I'm not looking for a cookie or anything... but I have the 1.02, 1.03, 1.06 and 1.07 pick in this years draft. I also was runner up in the SB... so I'm very excited to see how things are going down in rookie drafts.

OK give me that cookie!!!! :D

So far mine has gone:

1.01 Reggie Bush (NO)

1.02 Deangalo Williams (CAR)

1.03 Laurence Maroney (NE)

1.04 Joseph Addai (IND)

1.05 Lendale White (TEN)

1.06 Vernon Davis (SF)

1.07 Santonio Holmes (PIT)

1.08 Matt Leinart (ARI)

1.09 Vince Young (TEN)

So far mine has gone:

1.01 Reggie Bush (NO)

1.04 Joseph Addai (IND)

1.05 Lendale White (TEN)

1.06 Vernon Davis (SF)

1.08 Matt Leinart (ARI)

1.09 Vince Young (TEN)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This seems about right, but I could see Holmes going after the two QB's more times than not.

So far mine has gone:

1.01 Reggie Bush (NO)

1.04 Joseph Addai (IND)

1.05 Lendale White (TEN)

1.06 Vernon Davis (SF)

1.08 Matt Leinart (ARI)

1.09 Vince Young (TEN)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This seems about right, but I could see Holmes going after the two QB's more times than not.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, it really depends on if those teams need a QB. I'll post the rest of the draft once it's done.It seems obvious that the top 5 RBs are going 1-5. So if you don't have one of the first 5 picks you probably won't be going with an RB.

I was pretty shocked that the guy picked Addai here as well... :eek:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not. He is in one of the best offenses in the league. Has the best chance to start of ANY rookie RB.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Being a dynasty draft, I agree that this is a shocking pick.Dynasty = long-term and more should be factored in then who has the best chance to start this next year.

If that was the only factor then JJ Arrington should have been drafted before Ronnie Brown last year.

http://football22.myfantasyleague.com/2006...ns?L=38156&O=17

1.01 Bush, Reggie NOS RB ® R-E-G-G-I-E !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.02 Maroney, Laurence NEP RB ®

1.03 Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB ® WOW didn't think he would fall to me at #3. I really like L White but cannot give up on D Williams. With the Panthers O Line and fragile D Foster you gotto like D Williams will get some carries and TD's this season

1.04 Addai, Joseph IND RB ® really pleased with how this played out.

1.05 White, LenDale TEN RB ® Almost went another direction here, but in the end decided to go with the last top-tier RB. White has slipped quite a bit since the Rose Bowl and is a decent risk to bust, but I think he's ended up in a great situation Brown/Henry isn't exactly stiff competition and a reunion with Chow just might get his head in the right place.

1.06 Davis, Vernon SFO TE ® Mon May 1 8:50:12 p.m. PT 2006 Sorry guys was on the road and just got home. Can't believe I got my man......

1.07 Leinart, Matt ARI QB ®

1.08 Young, Vince TEN QB ® With Manning on board, I can afford to roll the dice on this guy. None of the IDP's warrant the 8th overall pick

1.09 Jackson, Chad NEP WR ®

1.10 Hawk, A.J. GBP LB ® Too many question marks with the skill players at this point. This guy will be a stud for years.

1.11 Holmes, Santonio PIT WR ® My #1 WR out of this draft, and since I need a productive receiver it's an easy pick to make.

1.12 Moss, Sinorice NYG WR ® Wanted one of the other top Wr's but S Moss is a decent WR and in NY should be a #3 already

1.13 Cutler, Jay DEN QB ® May not help this season, but I think Cutler was just as good as the other QB's and with my 3rd 1st round pick in the draft I can take a project player.

1.14 Calhoun, Brian DET RB ® He might be a reach here, but KJ has not exactly been setting the world on fire, and I need RB's. Since all the top ones are gone, I think Calhoun has a great shot in Detroit with Martz calling the shots.

1.15 Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE ® whoopie for me

I think that the best slots are 3 and 5 in this draft. At 5, you get a top 5 RB as there seems to be a huge dropoff from 5 to 6 in this draft. At 2, you get your choice of Maroney or Williams (generally), unless Addai goes top 3 in some drafts.

I have the #1, 5, and 9 picks in my draft and I'm shopping my #1 pick to slide back to #3. Maroney or Williams will do just fine for me and then at 5 I could go Lendale White if I want to, or move down a few spots and likely get my guy there (not sure who yet). Plenty of options - the 3 QBs, Davis, or the WRs.

I am in a 10 team, "start 2 QB league"...drafting at the end of May.

FWIW, I predict the top 10 will be:

1. Bush

2. Leinart

3. Maroney

4. Addai

5. Young

6. Williams

7. White

8. Cutler

9. Holmes

10. Jackson

Anyone else in a 2 QB league?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not. He is in one of the best offenses in the league. Has the best chance to start of ANY rookie RB.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Being a dynasty draft, I agree that this is a shocking pick.Dynasty = long-term and more should be factored in then who has the best chance to start this next year.

If that was the only factor then JJ Arrington should have been drafted before Ronnie Brown last year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont agree. Arz is not a top4 team for a ff RB. Nor was he a projected 1st rounder

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking at the "What's 1.01 worth" thread from a few weeks back, people were selling the farm and their unborn children for Bush. I won't say Addai is a mistake, but if you want him that bad trade down a spot or two and get some additional 1st round picks or start worthy players.

Should start in a day or two:

BAFL Link

I'll edit with the first round when thats done. I traded my 1.02/3.02 for DBrees and the 1.09. I figure on getting a solid IDP with my pick.

*edit: draft picks in message below:

Post#86 - (opens in new window)

Dynasty Draft--qb's score alot in this league 12 teams

1. Bush rb Saints

2. Addai rb Colts

3. Cutler qb Broncos

4. Leinart qb Cardinals

5. Davis te 49ers

6. Young qb Titans

7. Williams DE Texans

8. Hawk LB Packers

9. Maroney rb Patriots

10. Williams rb Panthers

11. Michael Huff, SS, Raiders

12. Lendale White rb Titans

Round 2

13. Santonio Holmes wr Steelers

14. Chad Greenway MIN LB

15. Manny Lawson SF LB

16. Bobby Carpenter DAL LB

17. Chad Jackson NE WR

18. Ernie Sims Det LB

19. Jimmy Williams Atl DB

20. Maurice Drew Det RB

21. D'Qwell Jackson Cle LB

22. Tamba Hali KC DE

23. Marcedes Lewis Jax TE

24. Leonard Pope Ari TE

25. Kamerion Wimbley Cle LB

26. Mathias Kiwanuka NYG DE

27. Donte Whitner Buf DB

28. Daniel Bullocks Det DB

29. Sinorice Moss NYG WR

30. Abdul Hodge GB LB

31. Derek Hagan Mia WR

32. Brian Calhoun Det RB

33. Kellen Clemens NYJ QB

34. Jerious Norwood ATL RB

Here is the scoring system:

Offense:

Passing/Rushing/Receiving yardage- 1 point for every 10 yards

Touchdowns- 6 points

Interception thrown- -4 points

Fumble lost- - 4 points

Extra Point/Field Goal- 1 point/3 points

Defense:

Sack- 10 points

Solo Tackle- 2 points

Assisted Tackle- 1 point

Forced Fumble- 2 points

Fumble Recovery- 4 points

Interception- 4 points

4 divisions, 12 teams each:

Div 1:

1. Reggie Bush, RB, Saints

2. Joseph Addai, RB, Colts

3. Vernon Davis, TE, 49ers

Div 2:

2. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers

3. Vince Young, QB, Titans

4. Joseph Addai, RB, Colts

5. A. J. Hawk, LB, Packers

6. Matt Leinart, QB, Cardinals

7. Vernon Davis, TE, 49ers

8. Laurence Maroney, RB, Patriots

9. Mario Williams, DE, Texans

10. Michael Huff, SS, Oakland

Div 3:

2. Matt Leinart, QB, Cardinals

3. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers

Div 4:

3. Laurence Maroney, RB, Patriots

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking at the "What's 1.01 worth" thread from a few weeks back, people were selling the farm and their unborn children for Bush. I won't say Addai is a mistake, but if you want him that bad trade down a spot or two and get some additional 1st round picks or start worthy players.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's what 1.01 is worth. I just traded it - my team is not good, especially at the the QB position. I get:

Roethlisberger

Dillon

Driver

I give:

No brainer deal for me really, but I'm stuck taking Maroney at #2. I didn't expect him to give me Dillon, but when he mentioned it I liked it.

I give up Reggie Bush, but I'm getting two starters out of the deal here in Big Ben and Dillon/Maroney. At 6 I have many options as well. Basically I moved down two spots and picked up #24, Dillon, Driver, and Big Ben.

He was able to do the deal because he's the two time champ and has a loaded team - LJ, Tiki, Edge at RB, so he can take this chance and get rid of some depth.

I have the 11th pick in my rookie draft, non IDP, and all you guys keep stopping at 10! Keep 'em coming.

:blackdot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's what 1.01 is worth. I just traded it - my team is not good, especially at the the QB position. I get:

Roethlisberger

Dillon

Driver

I give:

No brainer deal for me really, but I'm stuck taking Maroney at #2. I didn't expect him to give me Dillon, but when he mentioned it I liked it.

I give up Reggie Bush, but I'm getting two starters out of the deal here in Big Ben and Dillon/Maroney. At 6 I have many options as well. Basically I moved down two spots and picked up #24, Dillon, Driver, and Big Ben.

He was able to do the deal because he's the two time champ and has a loaded team - LJ, Tiki, Edge at RB, so he can take this chance and get rid of some depth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you got Roethlesberger

Dillon

Driver

and a 2nd

To move down two spots in a rookie draft, I hope you lubed your buddy first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Roethlisberger

Dillon

Driver

I give:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you got Roethlesberger

Dillon

Driver

and a 2nd

To move down two spots in a rookie draft, I hope you lubed your buddy first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some people are just enamored with Bush and his future.

Quite a few gomers from this board:

1.01 - Reggie Bush, RB, NO

1.02 - Vernon Davis, TE, SF

1.03 - DeAngelo Williams, RB, CAR

1.04 - Lawrence Maroney, RB, CAR

1.05 - Matt Leinart, QB, ARI

14 teams, IDP, ppr, TE enhanced

4 divisions, 12 teams each:

Div 1:

2. Joseph Addai, RB, Colts

3. Vernon Davis, TE, 49ers

Div 2:

3. Vince Young, QB, Titans

4. Joseph Addai, RB, Colts

5. A. J. Hawk, LB, Packers

6. Matt Leinart, QB, Cardinals

7. Vernon Davis, TE, 49ers

8. Laurence Maroney, RB, Patriots  :eek:   :eek:   :eek:

9. Mario Williams, DE, Texans

10. Michael Huff, SS, Oakland

Div 3:

2. Matt Leinart, QB, Cardinals

3. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers

Div 4:

3. Laurence Maroney, RB, Patriots

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1.01 Bush

1.02 Vince Young ( the guy dreams about him)

1.03 Leinart

1.04 Addai

1.05 Maroney

1.06 Deangelo Williams

1.07 Vernon Davis

1.08 Lendale White

even in those draft you have to draft according to your needs .

( that s why Leinart and Young went in the first 4 )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People scoff at this guy, but how many teams draft a RB in the first round to split time their entire career. The guy will get a shot to be the one and only starter. What he does with it is his business....

Quite a few gomers from this board:

1.01 - Reggie Bush, RB, NO

1.02 - Vernon Davis, TE, SF

1.03 - DeAngelo Williams, RB, CAR

1.04 - Lawrence Maroney, RB, CAR

1.05 - Matt Leinart, QB, ARI

14 teams, IDP, ppr, TE enhanced

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
gates was #3 OVERALL in this scoring system last season...

Users who are viewing this thread