What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Sleepers (1 Viewer)

corpcow

Footballguy
Who are the guys who are on the wire because of situation or otherwise that you're stashing in your leagues?

Who are the guys who are on the wire because of situation or otherwise that you're stashing in your leagues?
Jovan BelcherCody BrownPaul Kruger
Good list. I'm definitely taking a close look at Belcher, though Studebaker is intriguing too.Another guy I like is Jonathan Goff, but it looks like Chase Blackburn may stick there.What about Gerald McRath or Danell Ellerbe? Anything to see with either of those guys?

The sleepers that I'm stashing with selfish ferocity are:

Ricky Brown (he could become the Raiders' starting MLB in 2010)

Gerald McRath (he could supplant the aging Keith Bulluck or even start in the middle -- and from what I've read, he holds 3-down potential)

Kevin Ellison (he plays the fantasy-friendly SS position, notched an encouraging 10 tackles against the Giants in Week 9 (I watched that game and noted that he blitzed with some regularity), and his value is even increased on ESPN, on which site he is "CB" eligible)

Everette Brown (Julius Pepper's departure would present a prime opportunity for the skilled pass-rusher)

BJ Raji (he's gradually emerging as a force and has made some impact plays in the last two games)

Kaluka Maiava (while he might have little upside, he could replace Eric Barton as a full-time starter alongside likely resigned D'Qwell Jackson)

Robert Ayers, William Moore, Michael Mitchell :goodposting: What are everyone's thoughts on these three players (or any of the players that I listed in general)? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sleepers that I'm stashing with selfish ferocity are:Ricky Brown (he could become the Raiders' starting MLB in 2010)Gerald McRath (he could supplant the aging Keith Bulluck or even start in the middle -- and from what I've read, he holds 3-down potential)Kevin Ellison (he plays the fantasy-friendly SS position, notched an encouraging 10 tackles against the Giants in Week 9 (I watched that game and noted that he blitzed with some regularity), and his value is even increased on ESPN, on which site he is "CB" eligible) Everette Brown (Julius Pepper's departure would present a prime opportunity for the skilled pass-rusher)BJ Raji (he's gradually emerging as a force and has made some impact plays in the last two games)Kaluka Maiava (while he might have little upside, he could replace Eric Barton as a full-time starter alongside likely resigned D'Qwell Jackson)Robert Ayers, William Moore, Michael Mitchell :wolf: What are everyone's thoughts on these three players (or any of the players that I listed in general)? Thank you.
Brown is one the Guru has been all over on our podcast.McRath is a guy Ive always liked. I dont know about middle, but he's a tackle machine with his terrific range.Ellison is a guy Ive tried to get on a couple of teams - I think he'll eventually go the way of Clinton Hart because of coverage deficiencies, but will produce in the meantime.Brown is going to be a beast, love that call.Maiava and Veikune are both good stashes to see who can line up next to D'Qwell for the long haul.Ayers looks like he'll be the Woodley to Dumervil's Harrison.Moore and Mitchell should get shots eventually, but both DeCoud and Branch have played well enough to delay their arrival (not to mention their own injuries) and force them to take the job, which means they have a higher bust risk now.

I'm liking:

Lardarius Webb, CB, BAL - aggressive, fast, played some offense/return man so good hands and open field instincts when he gets the ball in his hands.

Danell Ellerbe, LB, BAL - Overblown character risk dropped him out draft, Gooden is seeming injury prone, and Ellerbe has cruised up the depth chart very quickly. (Jameel McClain still interests me in this situation too)

Michael Johnson, DE, CIN - First round talent, but uneven effort, now in a good culture/defense - should light his fuse.

Wesley Woodyard, LB, DEN - love his tenacity, he's been all over the field, and Andra Davis is not an everydown LB, so Woodyard could eventually push him out.

Connor Barwin, DE, HOU - Crazy athletic, heady, LB like range

Lawrence Sidbury, DE, ATL - Biermann has been a nice surprise this year, but Sidbury is the eventual starter opposite Abraham. Came out a little raw, but terrific array of moves and determination to get to the QB.

Corey Graham, DB, CHI - Like Brandon McGowan, this guy just made plays anytime the Bears played him. I think he finds a place in their secondary (like McGowan someone else's) soon enough.

Patrick Chung, S, NE - Chung looks like a Bob Sanders stick of dynamite in the making.

Jason Williams, LB, DAL - Keith Brooking has found the fountain of youth, but Williams is still the WILB of the future.

DeAndre Levy, LB, DET - around the ball when he has played this year, he'll replace Foote in the middle sometime soon.

Clint Sintim, LB, NYG - Not only will he get the SLB job soon, he was being looked at an ILB by some teams. Sleeper for the MLB job in New York.

Scott McKillop, LB, SF - heir to Spikes spot. Racks up the tackles with good angles and form tackles, very heady player.

Sigmund Bloom said:
I'm liking:Lardarius Webb, CB, BAL - aggressive, fast, played some offense/return man so good hands and open field instincts when he gets the ball in his hands.Danell Ellerbe, LB, BAL - Overblown character risk dropped him out draft, Gooden is seeming injury prone, and Ellerbe has cruised up the depth chart very quickly. (Jameel McClain still interests me in this situation too)Michael Johnson, DE, CIN - First round talent, but uneven effort, now in a good culture/defense - should light his fuse.Wesley Woodyard, LB, DEN - love his tenacity, he's been all over the field, and Andra Davis is not an everydown LB, so Woodyard could eventually push him out.Connor Barwin, DE, HOU - Crazy athletic, heady, LB like rangeLawrence Sidbury, DE, ATL - Biermann has been a nice surprise this year, but Sidbury is the eventual starter opposite Abraham. Came out a little raw, but terrific array of moves and determination to get to the QB.Corey Graham, DB, CHI - Like Brandon McGowan, this guy just made plays anytime the Bears played him. I think he finds a place in their secondary (like McGowan someone else's) soon enough.Patrick Chung, S, NE - Chung looks like a Bob Sanders stick of dynamite in the making.Jason Williams, LB, DAL - Keith Brooking has found the fountain of youth, but Williams is still the WILB of the future.DeAndre Levy, LB, DET - around the ball when he has played this year, he'll replace Foote in the middle sometime soon.Clint Sintim, LB, NYG - Not only will he get the SLB job soon, he was being looked at an ILB by some teams. Sleeper for the MLB job in New York.Scott McKillop, LB, SF - heir to Spikes spot. Racks up the tackles with good angles and form tackles, very heady player.
Good stuff Sir Sigmund...I likes me some Webb (be nice to see what he does with the added opps he'll get in the short-term), Levy (looks better each time I see him...was solid in pursuit on Turkey Day from what I could see through the gravy), and Chung (whose coming out party IDP wise may be Monday...SS have posted some ridonkulous numbers against NO). Not so sure about Woodyard, although that may be '08 aftertaste.I want to like Andy Studebaker really badly, but that may well be part the Div-III thing and partially his name. :own3d:

Guys I'm stashing:

Shaughnessy - Just a flier. DEs are the toughest position for me to find solid players at. I finally saw him play on Thursday and immediately see the Jason Taylor body type.

Everette Brown - The situation seems good. I'm not sure about his size long-term, but that hasn't hurt Mathis.

Chip Vaughn on IR - I just liked his profile out of college. Sharper's 48 years old.

Kevin Ellison - SD's SS has been a very high scoring position for a long time, as are most 3-4 SS spots. If Ellison wins the job fully, he's a good guy to have.

Patrick Chung - See Ellison. He was co-favorite safety in the draft along with Delmas (and Moore for some, but not me).

Nick Roach - This might be silly, but he looked good. I just don't know where he could fit other than 2-down SLB. I doubt he stays on my roster through the offseason.

Jonathan Goff - Just relying on situation - I've never seen him.

Jason Williams - Again, situation plus scouting reports.

Charles Johnson - He still has a shot to break out even though it's been a few years and it hasn't happened yet. It could be him and Brown next season.

Chung is really intriguing but Merriweather/McGowan seem to be playing extremely well together. i know all 3guys play together when McGowan creeps up to the LOS or comes in to cover the TE and Chung stays back deep. Chung may earn more time but i can't see him drastically altering the rotation unless one of the others gets hurt or finds a new home. its a really nice problem to have for the Pats

Lardarius Webb, CB, BAL - aggressive, fast, played some offense/return man so good hands and open field instincts when he gets the ball in his hands.
He made a couple of really nice plays in that game last night, including that near-pick at the end of the game.

Tyrone McKenzie should be fully recovered from ACL repair by TC 2010.

No one else has laid a strong claim to the ILB job next to Mayo.

I like William Hayes of the Titans to be an eventual top DE. Orakpo is another if he gets shifted to DE. I agree with other names I've seen in here such as Chung, Sidbury and McKillop.

loving this guys. It fills me with confidence that the FBG's community is coming up with so many names that have found their way on to a number of my rosters.

The only guys I can add to the mix here are:

Nick Reed DE SEA - He is a bit of a smokie but has impressed me in the limited snaps I've seen of him in preseason and regular season for Seattle. Might only be a rotation guy so might need to hold him for a few years

Asher Allen CB MIN - Still raw somewhat but he has looked ok while Winfield has been injured. Cover 2 CB has to have some extra value.

Sherrod Martin CB CAR - Nickel CB in Carolina, doubt he will reach Richard Marshall numbers but has pulled off a few big plays already this season.

Roy Miller DT TB - I was sold after seeing his draftguys TV profile and got him on many rosters in the back of that. Haven't seen any Tampa games this season but his numbers are top 20 DT this season......so he probably doesn't fit the sleeper status.

Alphonso Smith CB DEN - Champ Bailey won't last forever and I don't see Goodman being a long term answer.

Cameron Wake LB MIA - CFL star who has looked ok with limited reps while Porter has been out

Jarron Gilbert CHI DT - I'm not giving up hope on him, he was too impressive prior to the NFL though will need to be patient.

A couple of these next few have only been able to find their way on to my roster in an 80 man IDP league

Jasper Brinkley MIN LB

Jo-Lonn Dunbar NOS LB

Ladarius Webb- strong against the run, has a knack to get PDs, and returns kicks for the forceable future.

Chase Blackuburn- Antonio Pierce may be done

What about Evander Hood Pitt DE, if I recall correctly he had a bunch of sacks in pre-season and looked pretty good and the 2 starters are pretty old I think.

What about Evander Hood Pitt DE, if I recall correctly he had a bunch of sacks in pre-season and looked pretty good and the 2 starters are pretty old I think.
Generally 3-4 DE's are a tough group to project much value for.Their job is to eat up blockers and free lanes for the LB's to make tackles/sacks.Very few put up worthy IDP draftable numbers and, other than Bruce Smith, none can be projected consistently.Look for the hybrid schemes where a guy plays with both hands up and hands down and qualifies at DE. Terrell Suggs, Justin Smith in 08, etc.

I'm very happy to hear that about Goff. I picked him up early and was disappointed when Goff didn't even see the field when Pierce went down.

This is a terrific thread.

For those in deeper leagues, McBath is listed as Den's backup FS, but he got the call when Dawkins was injured, not Bruton who is listed as SS. How much longer can Dawkins sustain this level of play - I look for injuries to continue to plague Dawkins and McBath eventually emerge as the safety to own in Den.

I've also got Michael Hamlin, DAL backup FS on my watch list. He's 6'2" 214, which is more like a SS build. And really, if Sensabaugh is a starting caliber NFL SS, he'd still be in JAX.

Guys don't sleep on trevor scott either , if he stays on that Oak weakside he could put up some solid tackle numbers with na decent amount of sacks too . def dynasty stash.

If you guys could keep 3 of these guys for dynasty who would it be??? Or any thoughts about any of these guys below:

DL SEA Lawrence Jackson

DL ATL Lawrence Sidbury

LB OAK Ricky Brown

LB DET Ernie Sims

LB KC Derrick Johnson

LB WAS Rocky McIntosh

LB TEN Gerald McRath

LB NYG Jonathon Goff

LB IND Phillip Wheeler

DB OAK Michael Mitchell

DB ATL William Moore

DB CLE Abram Elam

DB CHI Danieal Manning

Thanks guys!

If you guys could keep 3 of these guys for dynasty who would it be??? Or any thoughts about any of these guys below:

DL SEA Lawrence Jackson

DL ATL Lawrence Sidbury

LB OAK Ricky Brown

LB DET Ernie Sims

LB KC Derrick Johnson

LB WAS Rocky McIntosh

LB TEN Gerald McRath

LB NYG Jonathon Goff

LB IND Phillip Wheeler

DB OAK Michael Mitchell

DB ATL William Moore

DB CLE Abram Elam

DB CHI Danieal Manning

Thanks guys!
Dont know about 3 but Im very high on him.

If you guys could keep 3 of these guys for dynasty who would it be??? Or any thoughts about any of these guys below:DL SEA Lawrence JacksonDL ATL Lawrence SidburyLB OAK Ricky BrownLB DET Ernie SimsLB KC Derrick JohnsonLB WAS Rocky McIntoshLB TEN Gerald McRathLB NYG Jonathon GoffLB IND Phillip WheelerDB OAK Michael MitchellDB ATL William MooreDB CLE Abram ElamDB CHI Danieal ManningThanks guys!
Sidbury is the frist guy for me. Abraham could be done and it is 4-3 DE. Hard to find. Than a LB. Sims, Johnson, or McGrath. Than a 2nd LB or Moore but I probably go 2 LB's as easier to find DB in a league

DL SEA Lawrence Jackson

DL ATL Lawrence Sidbury

LB OAK Ricky Brown

LB DET Ernie Sims

LB KC Derrick Johnson

LB WAS Rocky McIntosh

LB TEN Gerald McRath

LB NYG Jonathon Goff

LB IND Phillip Wheeler

DB OAK Michael Mitchell

DB ATL William Moore

DB CLE Abram Elam

DB CHI Danieal Manning

Thanks guys!

I like Ricky Brown, Gerald McRath, and Ernie Sims (still a solid young player and attractive IDP option with high upside when he's healthy and starting -- and he should reclaim the full-time WLB role, with Levy moving to the middle, next season).

LB KC Derrick Johnson

LB NYG Jonathon Goff

... by a lot. Pick your third, but I'd look at these:

DL SEA Lawrence Jackson

DL ATL Lawrence Sidbury

LB DET Ernie Sims

DB ATL William Moore

LB KC Derrick Johnson

LB NYG Jonathon Goff

... by a lot. Pick your third, but I'd look at these:

DL SEA Lawrence Jackson

DL ATL Lawrence Sidbury

LB DET Ernie Sims

DB ATL William Moore
I would be careful with him. He has been decent since Pierce went down but I still think Giants look to replace Pierce in draft next year making Goff expendable.

My team is going for a 3 peat, but win or not, I know it is important to look at the future if you want to continue

to compeat at a high level. Alot of the players you are talking about here are available in my league. I've

decided to pick up 4 players. Do you agree with these 4, or is there someone else I should be looking at?

Current roster in signature.

Sims, Ernie DET LB 7

Brown, Ricky OAK LB 9

Moore, William ATL S ® 4

McRath, Gerald TEN LB ® 7

I also like S Jamarca Sanford

Users who are viewing this thread