What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty Spotlight] - John Stocco, QB (1 Viewer)

Mario Kart

Footballguy
Projected round drafted as of today - 6th-7th round in the NFL draft or could be a Free Agent pickup. His QB'ing skills lack just about everything. All QB's can throw the ball but Stocco cannot get the ball to his receiver unless it is a screen pass. Positives - Stocco has had the luxary of decent Running Backs behind him that have helped Wisconsin's numbers in victories as of late. Stocco is a good handoff type of guy. If a first and second string NFL QB are injured in a game Stocco would be a great person to hand the ball off as time runs out. He wont win you any games but he could easily lost you them.Negatives - Most of his passes are overthrown or underthrown. He throws his passes late and most times the Receiver is running and waiting for the ball to get to him. Stocco moves up and down the field with the best of them on the sideline. While he does not have the high number of INT's, NFL CB's would be all over the balls he does throw. The list could go on and on.Conclusion/Fantasy Prospects - While a college is a good place for a QB such as Stocco the best place for him will be at his old high school. Stocco will, at best, be a late round pick and looks to have no fantasy qualities to him. Unless the NFL expands to a 64 team format soon Stocco's NFL chances are slim to none. Unless your fantasy roster allow you to play grocery bag players, i.e. Kurt Warner when he was packing bread and soda, do not look to draft Stocco at any time in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you choose Stocco as your first dynasty spotlight?And I sure like the way he came up with the big play to beat Michigan tonight.

Positives - Stocco has had the luxary of decent Running Backs behind him that have helped Wisconsin's numbers in victories as of late. Stocco is a good handoff type of guy. If a first and second string NFL QB are injured in a game Stocco would be a great person to hand the ball off as time runs out. He wont win you any games but he could easily lost you them.
:lmao: These are the most negative positives I've ever seen. He a poor man's Jim Sorgi.

Positives - Stocco has had the luxary of decent Running Backs behind him that have helped Wisconsin's numbers in victories as of late. Stocco is a good handoff type of guy. If a first and second string NFL QB are injured in a game Stocco would be a great person to hand the ball off as time runs out. He wont win you any games but he could easily lost you them.
:lmao: These are the most negative positives I've ever seen. He a poor man's Jim Sorgi.
at his interview for that high school coaching job when he's asked about his weaknesses he can say that he's too much of a perfectionist :thumbup: then again i thought that jim sorgi would be bagging groceries by now as well and he's done just fine in limited duty last year and in exhibition games

Projected round drafted as of today - 6th-7th round in the NFL draft or could be a Free Agent pickup.
is this your opinion? or are some Pro guys actually on record saying this?if so, they should be fired.

Stocco is awful.

He won't be drafted. He won't be picked up as a free agent. He's not a horrible college quarterback, but there's not a chance of the NFL in his future.

He won't be drafted. He won't be picked up as a free agent. He's not a horrible college quarterback, but there's not a chance of the NFL in his future.
You know what? I thought the same thing about Sorgi and Bollinger, two of the last Wisconsin QBs. Guess what? One is backing up Payton Manning, the other is backing up Chad Pennington. Both of them have a shot at an NFL future or they wouldn't be where they are. I wouldn't count Stocco out either. He is in a run-first system, with WRs that are nothing special. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Stats vs. Indiana

J. Stocco, QB13-24, 272 yds3 TDs, 2 INTs
Fantasy ImpactHis stock did not rise with this performance. Keep him off your charts still.

You know what? I thought the same thing about Sorgi and Bollinger, two of the last Wisconsin QBs. Guess what? One is backing up Payton Manning, the other is backing up Chad Pennington. Both of them have a shot at an NFL future or they wouldn't be where they are. I wouldn't count Stocco out either. He is in a run-first system, with WRs that are nothing special. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Update - now one is starting. :eek:
Positives - If a first and second string NFL QB are injured in a game Stocco would be a great person to hand the ball off as time runs out.
:lol: If Jason White didn't get drafted, WTF is taking this kid?

Stats vs. Indiana

J. Stocco, QB

13-24, 272 yds

3 TDs, 2 INTs
Fantasy ImpactHis stock did not rise with this performance. Keep him off your charts still.
WHAT?! Don't you listen to the announcers? They were pimping him the whole game which was funny. Why are we even keeping tabs on this guy?

He had a good game. He may be sniffing the 7th round now. Maybe even the 6th round if a team is looking for a 3rd string QB that can hold a clip board like no other.

He had a good game.  He may be sniffing the 7th round now.  Maybe even the 6th round if a team is looking for a 3rd string QB that can hold a clip board like no other.
I was extremely anti-Stocco heading into this season. However, don't be so quick to write him off just yet. Stocco set school records with 2,920 passing yards, 21 passing touchdowns and 197 completions. The Badgers set a school record for scoring with an average of 34.3 points per game. Not too mention, this was his first year in a very different, and much more pro like, offense. Not a bad way to break in.

In Big Ten play:

The only similarity in Stocco's two seasons as a starter is an identical 9-3 record. In 2004, Stocco had nine touchdowns, seven interceptions and a 52.6 completion percentage for a team that averaged 20.8 points per game, the UW's lowest total since 1992.

In 2005, Stocco more than doubled his TDs and completed 60.5 percent of his passes as the UW offense generated 35.2 points per game in the regular season. The UW needs to score 22 points against Auburn in the Capital One Bowl to set the program's season scoring record.

Again, that's a significant jump. I think he's proven he can play in a pro style offense. I think the guy has some potential. And another year with Chryst running the show in Madison, well, I fell like Stocco will be even better.

still don't think the guy is that good but, hell, Sorgi and Bollinger have managed to get drafted AND hang around NFL rosters.

Users who are viewing this thread