What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Trade - Stafford, Barkley, M Thomas for Lawrence, Elliott, Metcalf (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
Dynasty league 12 teams...  Signing years cap.

Team A:  Gives Stafford, Barkley, M Thomas
Team B:  Gives Lawrence, Elliott, Metcalf

Rosters need to be 2 - 4 - 4 - 2 - 2 -2   (Q-R-W-T-K-D)... 16 minimum.  Starters 1-1-2-1-1F-1-1  .5 PPR

Team A has Henry, Mixon, Barkley, Gibson... thus I feel not an issue with getting Elliott.  Thomas is #6 WR on team based on projections, and Stafford will be up on contract next year, with Rodgers and Jones.  This part is a bit tough, but manageable as a WR could be traded for a QB.  Team saves 3 years of cap space which will go a long way.  Value wise I have advantage to team A.  

If I had any confidence in the upper management and ownership with the Jaguars, I would feel more confident in giving up Stafford, Barkley, and Thomas.  I don't see Stafford playing more than 2-3 more years tops.  The continued health and productivity of Barkley and Thomas are also concerning.  That being said, I like the long term value at QB and WR you are getting with Lawrence and Metcalf over Stafford and Thomas.  Elliott and Barkley probably wash each other out.

Thanks everyone...  I took out the QBs and just traded Barkley and Thomas for Elliott and Metcalf.  I felt more comfortable with this.  Based on my contracts, I can keep Stafford for this year and next.  My trust factor with Lawrence is a concern.  Also, with Barkley and Elliott, I am okay with either, since I do have Mixon, Henry and Gibson.  

Users who are viewing this thread