What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty trade vetoed twice....thoughts (1 Viewer)

HairySasquatch

Footballguy
This is a 10 team dynasty league. We start 3 WR, 2 RB, and 1 flex. It is a 1 ppr league. Both teams are in win now mode.

Two days ago I traded Chubb and Waller for St. Brown. Vetoed. Today I traded Chubb and Waller for St. Brown and Kincaid. Vetoed.

What am I missing?

The team getting Chubb and Waller only has two holes on their team (RB and TE) and is stacked at WR (Chase, St. Brown, Kupp, and Lamb) but is weak at RB (Henry, White, and Montgomery). At tight end the team is starting Higbee with Kincaid as a backup.

I'm sitting with Hockinson, Waller, and Njoku at TE and Chubb, Stevenson, Pacheco, Dobbins, Gibson, Kamara, Sanders, Achane, and Spears at RB. My WR's are AJ Brown, Waddle, Olave, Meyers, Addison, Mingo, and Downs.

I know none of these owners in real life. No collusion going on. Thoughts?

Your commissioner should step down, if he's so power hungry to veto deals like that.
If it's a league vote thing, they're doing it because they're trying to keep their competition from getting better - which is why league votes is a terrible system.

This is a 10 team dynasty league. We start 3 WR, 2 RB, and 1 flex. It is a 1 ppr league. Both teams are in win now mode.

Two days ago I traded Chubb and Waller for St. Brown. Vetoed. Today I traded Chubb and Waller for St. Brown and Kincaid. Vetoed.

What am I missing?

The team getting Chubb and Waller only has two holes on their team (RB and TE) and is stacked at WR (Chase, St. Brown, Kupp, and Lamb) but is weak at RB (Henry, White, and Montgomery). At tight end the team is starting Higbee with Kincaid as a backup.

I'm sitting with Hockinson, Waller, and Njoku at TE and Chubb, Stevenson, Pacheco, Dobbins, Gibson, Kamara, Sanders, Achane, and Spears at RB. My WR's are AJ Brown, Waddle, Olave, Meyers, Addison, Mingo, and Downs.

I know none of these owners in real life. No collusion going on. Thoughts?
Yeah you definitely need to get a reason why this is happening. Is this a literal veto by the commissioner, or is it being voted on by the other owners?

It's a league vote....only need four votes to veto. I just talked to the commissioner. He said I'm giving away much better players and should be getting more....maybe a 1st or 2nd round pick on top of St. Brown and Kincaid. So frustrating........

It's a league vote....only need four votes to veto. I just talked to the commissioner. He said I'm giving away much better players and should be getting more....maybe a 1st or 2nd round pick on top of St. Brown and Kincaid. So frustrating........
Four votes to veto, that's pretty stupid. With 8 voting teams I would say minimum 5, but I might make it 6 or 7.

Overall ... The commish is out of his mind, and the voters probably just don't want you getting such a good deal. For the commissioner to turn truth upside-down is just bizarre. If there's any unfairness here, it's that you're getting too much, not the other way around. But it's not remotely close to veto territory in either direction. Garbage league. Sorry you have to deal with that.

That is just his opinion, which should not come into play. What about doing a 1-1 & give Chubb for ASB & then look at another deal to send Waller to that same team for another player or later rd draft pick?

I think there are two things at play here. People are basing their opinion on redraft rankings. They are putting way too much value on Chubb and Waller for what they are projected to do this year.

The second thing is the team getting Chubb/Waller is stacked everywhere except RB and WR. They got second place last year. In their opinion, this is handing 1st place to this team.

In my opinion, if I was making this trade with bottom of the league team, no one would have said anything.

Just put out another trade....Chubb/Waller for G. Wilson/LaPorta. I will let you know what happens.

I found it funny that it was taking guys up to24 hours to make a pick during the draft, but 4 of them vetoed last night between midnight and 7 this morning.

Your commissioner is an idiot.

Your commissioner is an idiot.
this is the right answer. both teams are competitive, neither has any desire other than to improve their team. in cases like this the deal would have to be so lopsided that one is effectively removing any chance they have of competing.

this is not the case here. while I may have my own opinions about who is worth more its not my job to enforce my opinions on value.

not knowing the rosters on both teams my bet is that, the guy sees this could potentially help both teams and he and/or some of his buddies dont like it so they are making it difficult for the trade to happen.

I dont like it.

Tell your idiot commissioner, and everyone else in the league, to shove it up their asses.

Walk away, that is obviously a league not worth playing in.

Stupid league. I don't even mind veto systems that can kill something egregious, but if it's getting triggered on something like this then it's not a league worth playing in.

As much of a pain it probably would be for you to look for another league, I think that is the best answer. Wish you could give us the league so we could put it out there that no one should join this league.

Users who are viewing this thread