What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty - which draft/year you want? (1 Viewer)

If you had to start a dynasty team - which draft/year would you choose?

• 2003 - CPalmer, LJohnson, WMcGahee, ABoldin, AJohnson, LJ Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2004 - EManning, SJackson, KJones, LFitzgerald, RWilliams, BWatson

• 2005 - ASmith, RBrown, CWilliams, BEdwards, MWilliams, HMiller

• 2006 - MLeinart, RBush, DWilliams, SHolmes, CJackson, VDavis

• 2007 - BQuinn, APeterson*, MBush, CJohnson*, DJarrett*, GOlsen*

• Total voters

JayMan

Footballguy
Looking at the best QB/2RB/2WR/TE for FF purposes... if you could start your dynasty team with one squad, which one would it be?

Let's assume standard scoring, no IDPs for the sake of it...

If you want to change the roster also - just post it... (Young instead of Leinart - Winslow instead of Watson, etc.)

Finally, for 2007 crew - I assumed all underclassmen would declare... even though CJohnson probably/surely won't...

2003 for one reason only: Carson Palmer. QB is the hardest position to guarantee success and easiest to be a bust. The rest are interchangable, IMHO.

I also think that 2003 has an advantage because they've had longer to prove themselves (and you've had more history to draw from in selecting your all-star lineup from that draft). Kind of tough to judge the more recent classes at this point.

For example, if you were posting shortly after the 2003 draft, I highly doubt you would've included Boldin or LJ Smith in that lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think that 2003 has an advantage because they've had longer to prove themselves (and you've had more history to draw from in selecting your all-star lineup from that draft). Kind of tough to judge the more recent classes at this point.

For example, if you were posting shortly after the 2003 draft, I highly doubt you would've included Boldin or LJ Smith in that lineup.
That's exactly the point I wanted to make posting that poll... Obvisouly, the 2003 squad would give you a championship caliber team right now but this year's crew or even 2007s might be better off in the long run - and also, it might not be the guys listed there like you mentioned... it might very well be L. White, M. Nance and M. Lewis for example... easier to select a team "after the fact"...I tend to agree though, that a fantasy superstud at QB is very difficult to find, right off the bat, and C. Palmer has to be the best there is out there (glad he's on my team!)

Finally, for 2007 crew - I assumed all underclassmen would declare... even though CJohnson probably/surely won't...
Why wouldn't Calvin Johnson declare? He has been a man among boys for 2 years.

How about none of the above?

I like 2001:

QB: D. Brees SD

RB: L. Tomlinson SD, L. Jordan NYJ (D. McAlister NO)

WR: C. Johnson Cin, S. Smith Car (S. Moss NYJ)

TE: A. Crumpler ATL

The question is a little flawed as you have had three years to look at the 2003, two to look at 2004, etc. Therefore, you can take the best out of that class. A more realistic sample would include players who were considered top of their class at the time. This would be more fair of a question:

2003- QB-Palmer RBs-L Johnson McGahee WRs-Rogers A Johnson TE-D Clark

2004- QB-Manning RBs-S Jackson K Jones WRs-L Fitzgerald Roy Williams TE-Winslow

This would even it out in my mind and create more difficulty in deciding...My 2 cents

Why is Mike Williams on this list? Give me Matt Jones, Clayton or maybe Reggie Brown.

How about 1999?

CPep

Ricky, Edge

Holt, Booker

Kleinsasser

Users who are viewing this thread