What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty WRs - Buy Low (1 Viewer)

I like the Walker, Mark Clayton and Laurent Robinson calls for true buy low guys.

Walker showed talent then spent his whole rookie year on IR - talk about buy low. It's certainly a concern that he had another serious injury during his junior year, but had 90 catches as a senior. Though he has good size, I love that he's the only non-giant WR in JAX, and there's certainly an open depth chart there.

Clayton's '07 injury season makes him a great value. I love his '06 and OU production, his strength and short-area burst and quickness.

I like Robinson's talent but a lot hinges on ATL's offseason coaching moves.

Another deep guy is Buster Davis. Like Walker, a rookie who showed talent in the preseason then spent much of '07 dinged, though it's a concern that he missed time at LSU, too. The coaches seem to love him and look for different ways to get the ball in his hands, which tells me something given SD's offensive talent.

Todd Heap and Mark Clayton values are probably not going to get any lower than they are now (actually they are probably a bit higher now that Billick has been fired).
Heap is way too unreliable.
Unreliable in terms of stats or in terms of starts?
Starts..if Heap is healthy he produces, problem is he usually gets nicked the firt game of the season.He may drop quite a bit next year though, so he will have value.

Todd Heap and Mark Clayton values are probably not going to get any lower than they are now (actually they are probably a bit higher now that Billick has been fired).
Starts..if Heap is healthy he produces, problem is he usually gets nicked the firt game of the season.He may drop quite a bit next year though, so he will have value.
You realize before this year, Heap started all 16 games 4 of the previous 5 yrs? It's a big misconception that he misses time. He missed a big chunk of 2004, but otherwise had played in all games since 2002. Now, he appears on the injury report a bunch, but the guy still performs and he still plays. So in the last 6 yrs, he's played 4 FULL seasons and been sidelined for a good portion for the other 2 (2004 and 2007). With his injury being a hamstring, an injury that can definitely linger for a long time during a season but shouldn't be long-term affecting (like an ACL), I wouldn't worry about his reliability too much.

If I can get Heap around the #10 TE and take another lower rated guy, I'm all over it. It's just a matter of whether you'd want to carry 2 TEs, if you'd rather wait for your TE1 but grab your TE2 earlier, and how far he drops.

What about Michael Clayton (TB)? He's been getting alot of looks lately after he fell in Gruden's doghouse and how long can Galloway and Hillard still play?

What about Michael Clayton (TB)? He's been getting alot of looks lately after he fell in Gruden's doghouse and how long can Galloway and Hillard still play?
Yea... he's an interesting guy. He's been there before and looks to be starting to come on again.Only question I have is there anyone who's had a 1K season... disappeared for two years and then come on to have a solid year again?

You realize before this year, Heap started all 16 games 4 of the previous 5 yrs? It's a big misconception that he misses time. He missed a big chunk of 2004, but otherwise had played in all games since 2002. Now, he appears on the injury report a bunch, but the guy still performs and he still plays. So in the last 6 yrs, he's played 4 FULL seasons and been sidelined for a good portion for the other 2 (2004 and 2007). With his injury being a hamstring, an injury that can definitely linger for a long time during a season but shouldn't be long-term affecting (like an ACL), I wouldn't worry about his reliability too much.
I had Heap last season, he got hurt the first game, and was a GTD 3-4 times. And some of the games he started he did not finish.I only carry one TE due to roster size limits, I can`t have a guy who is questionable every week.

Robert Meachem...eh
He's as low in value as he'll ever be. After not catching a pass his entire rookie year there will be teams ready to give up on him. The talent is there and they'll have to give him a chance next year.
Meachem looking forward to offseason

Saints rookie receiver didn't play in 2007

Thursday, January 03, 2008

By Mike Triplett

Perhaps no one on the Saints' roster is more excited about the start of the spring workout program, the summer minicamps and the grueling month of training camp than receiver Robert Meachem.

Meachem essentially redshirted in 2007. He was the only first-round draft pick in the NFL who didn't take a snap or suit up for a game this season.

At first he was slowed by ankle and knee injuries in the summer. Then he got stuck behind a deep and talented group of receivers on the depth chart.

"It was a humbling experience," said Meachem, who said he put his faith in God and leaned heavily on his fellow receivers for moral support. "At times it's stressful. At times you're just like, 'I've got to deal with this. This is a new life.' You know, coming in, a first-round draft pick, you've got a lot of expectations. And you want to do so good, not just for everybody else, but for yourself.

"And at times it's stressful, because you're competitive. When you can't compete out there like you want to at times, it's hard."

Soon, however, Meachem will get a fresh start.

He said his right knee is strong and healthy after taking a while to recover from arthroscopic surgery in June, and his knowledge of the Saints' playbook and the NFL game in general has advanced greatly the past four months.

The Saints' receiver position is a bit unsettled at the moment, with David Patten, Devery Henderson and Terrance Copper all set to become unrestricted free agents in March. But Saints Coach Sean Payton said nothing automatically will be handed to Meachem as the team shapes its roster this offseason.

"I see him as a guy that's going to be in the mix to compete," Payton said. "Those free agents at receiver, I'd like to have those guys back. They are some guys that played real well for us. But certainly, (Meachem) is a guy that's in our plans.

"We're optimistic, especially about what we saw the last month and a half. . . . He's healthy. He's running now without a gait. You don't see him limping at all, and he's made a lot of plays on scout team. Those are all encouraging signs that give him a chance.

"It will be a big offseason for him."

The Saints drafted Meachem with the 27th pick in last April's draft after his breakout junior year at Tennessee. During that season, he caught 71 passes for a school-record 1,298 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Meachem (6 foot 2, 214 pounds) could eventually grow into a complementary receiver alongside Saints starter Marques Colston (6-4, 231). Both of them are bigger, more physical receivers who run well for their size.

Meachem caught a touchdown pass during a preseason game in August, but he never looked fast or explosive during that month of two-a-day practices and exhibition games.

It was clear that he wouldn't be as productive right away as Colston, Patten or Henderson at the receiver position -- and the Saints' fourth and fifth receivers -- Lance Moore and Copper -- are two of the team's most integral parts on special teams.

"He was hurt for the preseason, so I think no one got a good look at him," Saints quarterback Drew Brees said. "But I've seen him improve every day. He is working on scout team, and I don't think he's missed a rep.

"Another thing that I think Meachem has is great guys to look up to. He has a similar body type to Marques Colston, so on a lot of the things, he can look at Marques and go, 'That's me.' Also having the veteran experience of a guy like David Patten to help bring him along, this has been a good learning experience for him."

Meachem said some of his best learning experience comes on Sundays, when he watches both the Saints and their opponents up close from the sideline.

"I'm learning mentally, from just about everybody in the league," Meachem said. "When I'm watching (Arizona's) Larry Fitzgerald or guys like that, you watch them and try to steal something from them."

Meachem said he does absorb a lot from Colston, for several reasons. They are close in age, so they talk a lot about football and life away from the field. They are similar in size and shape. And more than anything, he watches Colston because "he catches most of the balls."

He has gleaned a lot from every one of his teammates, though. Henderson, for example, went through a similar redshirt season in 2004, when he only appeared in one game after being drafted in the second round.

"They're like big brothers to me. You can talk to all of them just about any time. You can call them," said Meachem, 23, who has tried to earn the respect of his teammates and coaches above all else.

"Really, if you worry about what's going on outside of this program, you're not worried about the team," he said when asked about the stigma of being an underachiever. "Don't get me wrong, you care about your fans. But this is your second family. So you have to be accountable to them as well."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea... he's an interesting guy. He's been there before and looks to be starting to come on again.Only question I have is there anyone who's had a 1K season... disappeared for two years and then come on to have a solid year again?
Just look right across the field from Clayton. Joey Galloway went for between 987 and 1049 yards with 7-12 TDs in each of his first four years... and then didn't see 1,000 yards or 7 TDs in a season again for seven years. If you're looking for someone with less of a track record before he disappeared, there's Terry Glenn, who had 1132/6 as a rookie, averaged 612/2.5 over the next two years, and then had 1147/4 after that.Of course, there are major flaws with both comparisons. For starters, both Galloway and Glenn were limited by injuries, not general ineffectiveness. When healthy, both played very well. Also, while both Galloway and Glenn had two of the top rookie seasons in modern NFL history, Clayton's rookie season was better still, and his post-rookie seasons were far, far worse. You'll never find a comparable dropoff to Michael Clayton, in large part because such a drastically few receivers were either as good as Clayton at his peak or as bad as Clayton at his lowest, to say nothing of both at the same time.With all of that said, I like Clayton as a nice $.01 pickup in dynasty leagues. He's the cheapest 25-year old former 1,000 yard receiver you'll ever see anywhere. If he ever recovers from those nagging injuries which have been rumored to be slowing him down, or if there's a coaching change in Tampa, or if anything else happens, you have a potential long-term star on your roster. If not, then cut him and move on. It's a longshot, but he's got all-world upside at bargain-basement cost.

Just look right across the field from Clayton. Joey Galloway went for between 987 and 1049 yards with 7-12 TDs in each of his first four years... and then didn't see 1,000 yards or 7 TDs in a season again for seven years. If you're looking for someone with less of a track record before he disappeared, there's Terry Glenn, who had 1132/6 as a rookie, averaged 612/2.5 over the next two years, and then had 1147/4 after that.Of course, there are major flaws with both comparisons. For starters, both Galloway and Glenn were limited by injuries, not general ineffectiveness. When healthy, both played very well. Also, while both Galloway and Glenn had two of the top rookie seasons in modern NFL history, Clayton's rookie season was better still, and his post-rookie seasons were far, far worse. You'll never find a comparable dropoff to Michael Clayton, in large part because such a drastically few receivers were either as good as Clayton at his peak or as bad as Clayton at his lowest, to say nothing of both at the same time.With all of that said, I like Clayton as a nice $.01 pickup in dynasty leagues. He's the cheapest 25-year old former 1,000 yard receiver you'll ever see anywhere. If he ever recovers from those nagging injuries which have been rumored to be slowing him down, or if there's a coaching change in Tampa, or if anything else happens, you have a potential long-term star on your roster. If not, then cut him and move on. It's a longshot, but he's got all-world upside at bargain-basement cost.
Solid post. The one other thing to note is that he is tremendously slow coming off the line... noticed that especially today. I don't know if that is one of the main reasons he's dropped off - slow off the line has led to little separation.

Robert Meachem...eh
He's as low in value as he'll ever be. After not catching a pass his entire rookie year there will be teams ready to give up on him. The talent is there and they'll have to give him a chance next year.

By Mike Triplett

Perhaps no one on the Saints' roster is more excited about the start of the spring workout program, the summer minicamps and the grueling month of training camp than receiver Robert Meachem.

Meachem essentially redshirted in 2007. He was the only first-round draft pick in the NFL who didn't take a snap or suit up for a game this season.

At first he was slowed by ankle and knee injuries in the summer. Then he got stuck behind a deep and talented group of receivers on the depth chart.

"It was a humbling experience," said Meachem, who said he put his faith in God and leaned heavily on his fellow receivers for moral support. "At times it's stressful. At times you're just like, 'I've got to deal with this. This is a new life.' You know, coming in, a first-round draft pick, you've got a lot of expectations. And you want to do so good, not just for everybody else, but for yourself.

"And at times it's stressful, because you're competitive. When you can't compete out there like you want to at times, it's hard."

He said his right knee is strong and healthy after taking a while to recover from arthroscopic surgery in June, and his knowledge of the Saints' playbook and the NFL game in general has advanced greatly the past four months.

The Saints' receiver position is a bit unsettled at the moment, with David Patten, Devery Henderson and Terrance Copper all set to become unrestricted free agents in March. But Saints Coach Sean Payton said nothing automatically will be handed to Meachem as the team shapes its roster this offseason.

"I see him as a guy that's going to be in the mix to compete," Payton said. "Those free agents at receiver, I'd like to have those guys back. They are some guys that played real well for us. But certainly, (Meachem) is a guy that's in our plans.

"We're optimistic, especially about what we saw the last month and a half. . . . He's healthy. He's running now without a gait. You don't see him limping at all, and he's made a lot of plays on scout team. Those are all encouraging signs that give him a chance.

The Saints drafted Meachem with the 27th pick in last April's draft after his breakout junior year at Tennessee. During that season, he caught 71 passes for a school-record 1,298 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Meachem (6 foot 2, 214 pounds) could eventually grow into a complementary receiver alongside Saints starter Marques Colston (6-4, 231). Both of them are bigger, more physical receivers who run well for their size.

Meachem caught a touchdown pass during a preseason game in August, but he never looked fast or explosive during that month of two-a-day practices and exhibition games.

It was clear that he wouldn't be as productive right away as Colston, Patten or Henderson at the receiver position -- and the Saints' fourth and fifth receivers -- Lance Moore and Copper -- are two of the team's most integral parts on special teams.

"He was hurt for the preseason, so I think no one got a good look at him," Saints quarterback Drew Brees said. "But I've seen him improve every day. He is working on scout team, and I don't think he's missed a rep.

"Another thing that I think Meachem has is great guys to look up to. He has a similar body type to Marques Colston, so on a lot of the things, he can look at Marques and go, 'That's me.' Also having the veteran experience of a guy like David Patten to help bring him along, this has been a good learning experience for him."

Meachem said some of his best learning experience comes on Sundays, when he watches both the Saints and their opponents up close from the sideline.

"I'm learning mentally, from just about everybody in the league," Meachem said. "When I'm watching (Arizona's) Larry Fitzgerald or guys like that, you watch them and try to steal something from them."

Meachem said he does absorb a lot from Colston, for several reasons. They are close in age, so they talk a lot about football and life away from the field. They are similar in size and shape. And more than anything, he watches Colston because "he catches most of the balls."

He has gleaned a lot from every one of his teammates, though. Henderson, for example, went through a similar redshirt season in 2004, when he only appeared in one game after being drafted in the second round.

"They're like big brothers to me. You can talk to all of them just about any time. You can call them," said Meachem, 23, who has tried to earn the respect of his teammates and coaches above all else.

"Really, if you worry about what's going on outside of this program, you're not worried about the team," he said when asked about the stigma of being an underachiever. "Don't get me wrong, you care about your fans. But this is your second family. So you have to be accountable to them as well."
The thing that bugs me about Meachem:How bad do you have to be to not catch a pass during your rookie year?

I mean it's not as if this Saints coaching staff is opposed to playing rookies prominently. Colston and Bush were key offensive cogs during their rookie years. And you have to think the staff would have given Meachem every opportunity to prove himself. Finally, it's not like he's sitting behind Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, and David Patten are in the dictionary under the word mediocre.

I agree that it's too early to bury Meachem and I agree this his cost will probably never be lower, but you have to be a little bit worried by the utter lack of even the tiniest encouraging sign when you look at his rookie year.

Undervalued for 2008, will outperform draft slot:

QB

McNabb PHI - will stay with Eagles, a year removed from ACL injury will be 100% again.

Bulger STL - He'll fall too far in drafts. OL will be back intact.

Leinart ARI - 2007 was a rude awakening. Sense of entitlement gone, he'll finally work his ### off the way he should have last offseason. And having those WRs...

Russell OAK - people will undervalue because they haven't seen much from him in the NFL. He'll be a good one.

Clemens NYJ - 3rd year in league, will make a nice leap as he starts to 'get it.'

Robert Meachem...eh

By Mike Triplett

The thing that bugs me about Meachem:How bad do you have to be to not catch a pass during your rookie year?

I mean it's not as if this Saints coaching staff is opposed to playing rookies prominently. Colston and Bush were key offensive cogs during their rookie years. And you have to think the staff would have given Meachem every opportunity to prove himself. Finally, it's not like he's sitting behind Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, and David Patten are in the dictionary under the word mediocre.

I agree that it's too early to bury Meachem and I agree this his cost will probably never be lower, but you have to be a little bit worried by the utter lack of even the tiniest encouraging sign when you look at his rookie year.
owning meachem you definitely have to be s little concerned he never got to see the field but it sounds like he is doing and saying all the right things. i hope he continues to progress, thats about all you can hope for at his point.on the other hand if you do not own him he is definitely a "buy low" candidate... if you're trading in the off season he's a great guy to have thrown into a deal. his value can't get much lower. if it does he's pretty much out of the league.

RB

Johnson KC - I was rightfully down on him in 2007. I see 2008 as a nice comeback year as KC addresses some of the problems that led to their demise. Croyle will have more experience. OL issues will be better addressed. LJ will be healthy and motivated. FF players will let him slide too far, either because they were burned in 2007 or simply because they have short memories.

Parker PIT - will slide further than he should because of the injury and lack of TDs in 2007. Will be 100% and the TDs were an aberration.

Grant GB - there will still be a lot of unbelievers and he'll be drafted lower than he should be. As long as Favre comes back, in that offense Grant will again be stellar.

Williams CAR - 2008 will finally be the year Fox allows him to take over, and he will shine.

Turner SD - quiet 2007, concerns that he may be a system RB, and uncertainty about his new digs (wherever he ends up) will create enough doubt to let him slide, but those who trust in the talent will be rewarded.

Irons CIN - Rudi will not be da man in 2008, Watson should return to reduced role, and if Irons gets the job he'll be solid. Supersleeper to watch in preseason is DeDe Dorsey.

McAllister NO - Saints missed him and will be eager to get him back in 2008.

Da Guru said:
I had Heap last season, he got hurt the first game, and was a GTD 3-4 times. And some of the games he started he did not finish.I only carry one TE due to roster size limits, I can`t have a guy who is questionable every week.
Only 1 TE in a dynasty?

WR

Holmes PIT - won't be ranked as top-10 WR but should be

White ATL - too many people will see 2007 as a fluke and discount what he did. Don't be one of those people.

Walker DEN - injuries in 2007 and likely new location in 2008 will hold down value, but he puts up stud numbers when on the field. I see a big comeback year as he goes to a team in need of a top WR1.

Jackson and Battle SF - these WRs will be available very cheaply, and getting an OC in there who knows what he's doing will make all the difference. Hostler was in way over his head. Cameron or Billick would be a big upgrade, and if it's Martz, look out.

Curry OAK - was about WR40 in 2007 and admittedly I expected more, but QB mess and rebirth of Porter held his numbers down. Unless they bring in a true WR1, once Porter leaves in free agency Curry will be the guy Russell leans on.

Ginn MIA - New staff will make a point of utilizing his speed and elusiveness in his 2nd year. Will be a Santana Moss / Steve Smith kind of player. Numbers won't match those guys' better years, but will be a lot better than where he'll be drafted.

Meachem NO - no need to say much more than the above article states, except that I'm one of the believers who think he'll be starting next year in a very potent offense.

Jarrett CAR - similar to Meachem in that I think he starts and will be productive opposite Smith, and can be had late in drafts. Colbert and Carter were not the answer. Caveat - Panthers could bring in a vet in the offseason to start and give Jarrett another year to develop which would of course take him off this list.

Hester CHI - one of the real surprises of 2008 will be Hester's emergence as a legitimate starter, not just an occasional deep threat. HC and OC have both talked about him as having WR1 potential. Watch to see if Bears let Berrian go rather than franchising him. If this happens, that's a statement and Hester is the guy you want to own.

TE

Scheffler DEN - cat is somewhat out of the bag after strong 2nd half, but he was so ignored before then that I was getting him off the WW in TE-required leagues. He's the real deal and will be a top-6 or 7 TE in 2008. Great production in games he played, has chemistry with Cutler, and will have an even bigger role in 2008. Lower total numbers in 2007 will mask what he was doing in the 2nd half and he won't be ranked as high as he should be.

Heap BAL - thank God for people's short memories. 2007 will cause him to be very seriously undervalued.

Olsen CHI - big 2nd year jump for top TEs is normal. FF players as a whole never seem to get this. Bears will start building him into offense much more in 2008.

Miller OAK - see Olsen above as comments are equally applicable. Began to emerge nicely near the end of 2007 with 16 targets in final two games.

Kitrick Taylor said:
Steve Smith(Giants) is the wrong WR on the team to focus, the one you want is Sinorice Moss..he'll be a 3rd year WR next season, and he's been working into the lineup slowly but surely.once he figures out how to catch the ball, he'll do well..
I completely disagree. Smith is just back from injury... has some of the best hands and runs great routes. Last week in crunch time against the Pats, Eli continued to look to Smith and not Moss (I'm not even sure if Moss was in on all that much). If anything, when Toomer goes, Smith takes his position since he's more of a possession guy. Smith, IMO, is the WR to have on the Giants right now and he can be had at a reasonable price.
:thumbdown: I think Smith may be one of the most under rated guys going into next season. Injuries killed his season this year, and he's got that possession label tagged to him. He's 6'0" and 197lbs and ran a 4.44 at the combine. Same build as Driver, Ward, Jimmy Smith.....Toomer is going to be 34 next season and isn't exactly Harrison, Rice or Owens, and Sinorice Moss has failed with his opportunities. I don't know that we'll see 1000 yard season next year, but I think Smith is a great buy low.
Because I'm a S. Smith owner and following this one... Smith 3 catches, Sin. Moss 0 in the playoff win against the Bucs. Don't have the number on targets.

Couch Potato said:

RB

Johnson KC - I was rightfully down on him in 2007. I see 2008 as a nice comeback year as KC addresses some of the problems that led to their demise. Croyle will have more experience. OL issues will be better addressed. LJ will be healthy and motivated. FF players will let him slide too far, either because they were burned in 2007 or simply because they have short memories.

Turner SD - quiet 2007, concerns that he may be a system RB, and uncertainty about his new digs (wherever he ends up) will create enough doubt to let him slide, but those who trust in the talent will be rewarded.

Irons CIN - Rudi will not be da man in 2008, Watson should return to reduced role, and if Irons gets the job he'll be solid. Supersleeper to watch in preseason is DeDe Dorsey.
I'm sitting on these 3 guys along with ADP, Jamal Lewis and MJD. :thumbdown: I feel pretty confident in my RB's for next season.

Now my WR's....not so much. That's why I'm perusing this thread.

Guys I really like so far that have been named in here:

Jerricho Cotchery - I think his value is actually pretty high, but I plan to make a move for him this off season and see if I can get him for cheap.

Sidney Rice - With the strength of the team at RB, all he needs is a decent QB and he will be a great value.

Jacoby Jones - Just a decent WR across from Andre Johnson will be solid and he could be that guy. He has speed and a great teammate to learn from in Andre (ala Steve Smith CAR)

James Jones - Already looked good as a rookie with two great WR's around him. Once Driver fades out, he'll be gold. I also like Rogers for the future in GB.

Ted Ginn - They drafted him to star (although that wasn't Parcells), and I think he will be a Santana Moss type WR in a couple of years. If they can somehow get a really good QB he could be even better.

Sinorice Moss/Steve Smith - I'm not sure which one is the guy, but one of these two will step up in Toomer's place...I just have no idea which one.

Supersleepers for 2008, available dirt cheap and worth an end-of-draft flier:

QB

Losman - we haven't seen the last of him as a starter in the NFL. It just won't be in BUF.

Leftwich - whether in ATL or elsewhere, he'll start again.

RB

Henry TEN - my gut says Titans will want to go RBBC with White (3.6 season YPC and lousy playoff game), and he'll outperform LenDale enough that he'll take the larger share of carries in time. Chris Brown will go elsewhere.

Brown TEN - 4.6 YPC on 101 carries, was the best RB in TEN in 2007 but will have a new address in 2008. Worth stashing.

P Thomas NO - week 17 as well as preseason showed he has the "it" factor IMO. We saw in 2007 what can happen when injuries to starters create opportunities (TB, MIA, CIN, etc.). Worth stashing on talent alone on potent offensive team.

DeDe Dorsey - longshot in CIN, but I love murky situations where starter is far from clear and a nobody has shown flashes. Had solid preseasons in 2006 (CIN) and 2007 (IND), and in limited role was 21-183 this year (8.7 YPC, breaking a couple of nice long runs). Can't happen? Tell Ryan Grant or Willie Parker owners that.

WR

Walker JAC - I'll put him in the supersleeper category even though he gets a lot of mention on this board because he didn't play and was on IR all of 2007. Opportunity and ability are both there to become the WR1 in JAC, and unless you're in a shark league your leaguemates will have no idea who he is.

A Davis HOU - easy to forget how productive Andre was when given the chance earlier this year. Will move on to a new team and in the right situation could be a really nice value. Will be ignored in drafts.

Allison MIN - we know about Rice, but 5th rounder Allison could emerge on the other side next year and he has speed to burn. Remember, this is the supersleeper category so I'll miss on most of these, but I see some real upside here if he gets the chance.

B Johnson ARI - was the 17th pick of the NFL draft in 2003, and has been in the shadow of Boldin and then Fitz ever since. UFA in 2008, change of scenery might allow us to see if he can be a player. Worth a shot.

TE

Pope ARI - Came on some in 2007, could continue to become a bigger part of offense. Whisenhunt would like to use the TE more.

Celek PHI - LJ Smith likely gone, 2nd year TE Celek could become a nice surprise. TE traditionally gets 50-60 catches in Philly system.

Sinorice Moss/Steve Smith - I'm not sure which one is the guy, but one of these two will step up in Toomer's place...I just have no idea which one.
I do. It's Smith who will eventually start. That's why the Giants drafted him in the 2nd round a year after drafting Moss in the 2nd round (a big reach at the time). They now realize Moss is not going to be starter material. He'll never be more than a bit player. Even in college Moss did nothing. He had 20 catches in 10 games his jr. year, and 37 catches in 12 games his sr. year. People would be wise to forget him for fantasy purposes. He'll never be worth a roster spot IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread