What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eagle Fans - Need help (1 Viewer)

BlueOnion

Footballguy
What were the reasons T.O. ultimately got deactivated? My friends are making the case that the Eagles simply wanted to back McNabb instead of T.O., but I don't think that is the case.

I am sure it was a compilation of few (if minor) things.

Here are the reasons I want to say, but I am not a 100% sure...

- Fighting Hugh Douglas and challenging the rest of the Eagles (Especially McNabb

) to a fight

- Disrespecting Brad Childress and other coaches (outside of Andy Reid)

- Repeatedly parking in handicap spots outside of training facility

I could be wrong all these accounts, please help me out.

What were the reasons T.O. ultimately got deactivated? My friends are making the case that the Eagles simply wanted to back McNabb instead of T.O., but I don't think that is the case.

I am sure it was a compilation of few (if minor) things.

Here are the reasons I want to say, but I am not a 100% sure...

- Fighting Hugh Douglas and challenging the rest of the Eagles (Especially McNabb

) to a fight

- Repeatedly parking in handicap spots outside of training facility

I could be wrong all these accounts, please help me out.
:eek: Holy crap if that is not gossip and true.

I think that the organization backing McNabb had nothing to do with it. Your other two examples are enough and then add in the everyday moping and #####ing and there you have it. Eagles fans would know more but your friend is way off.

:eek:

Holy crap if that is not gossip and true.

I think that the organization backing McNabb had nothing to do with it. Your other two examples are enough and then add in the everyday moping and #####ing and there you have it. Eagles fans would know more but your friend is way off.
Well my friends are taking the position that, "It was clearly a T.O. vs McNabb thing and the organization is backing McNabb."I find this almost ludicurious, but when they prod me to defend my position, I don't have anything. I think a large part of it was the Eagles run a tight ship and truly try to keep everything within the locker room.

It was clearly a McNabb/TO thing. TO sqwalked about his contract and McNabb backed the FO. TO then called hiom an Uncle Tom and things got rolling.

Funniest thing was he parked in the handicap spot and they told him to never do it again. The next day he parked in Andy Reid's spot. Stupid but funny.

It was clearly a McNabb/TO thing. TO sqwalked about his contract and McNabb backed the FO. TO then called hiom an Uncle Tom and things got rolling.
I actually remember this different. It happened around the same time Javon Walker was complaining about his contract and Favre called Walker out through the media. McNabb actually took the high road (I believe) and McNabb didn't call out T.O. for wanting to redo his contract.

I think it was more specific than "disrespecting". I believe he told Childress not to speak to him at practice.

It's all laid out in the arbitrator's opinion. Find a copy of that. (It was posted in the long TO thread here a while back.)

It was clearly a McNabb/TO thing.
I actually remember this different.
I believe that after TO called McNabb out in the media, Andy Reid wanted TO to privately apologize to McNabb. But since TO wasn't speaking to McNabb, he refused to apologize to him. As I remember it, that was a big reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was clearly a McNabb/TO thing.
I actually remember this different.
I believe that after TO called McNabb out in the media, Andy Reid wanted TO to privately apologize to McNabb. But since TO wasn't speaking to McNabb, he refused to apologize to him. As I remember it, that was a big reason.
I think this was the principle event that led to secondary events that ultimately resulted in T.O.'s dismissal. If that is your point, I completely agree.

Things that people in Philly know Owens definetly did:

1. Got in a fight with Hugh Douglas

2. Told Andy Reid to "shut up" and went on to tell him that "I'm not your child. Do you see Reid after my name? No you don't. It says Owens."

3. Challanged McNabb to a fight in the locker room after the Hugh Douglas altercation by looking at McNabb and saying "Do you want some?" I think he made an open challange to the entire locker room before singling out McNabb.

4. Claimed that Brad Childress had been harassing him at practice because he said "Hello" to him every morning.

5. Before the season started he said there would be problems if his contract situation wasn't resolved.

6. Parked in handicap spot. I never heard that he parked in Reid's place the next day though.

7. Called the Eagles "classless" for not celebrating his 100th TD reception.

There's definetly some other things, but I don't recall them off the top of my head. To anser your question though, it went beyond simply being a McNabb vs. TO thing. Among players and in the locker room it got to be a bit like that, but Owens was also doing things to piss off the entire organization. McNabb was the only teamate he singled out, but he went out of his way to diss everybody that had a part in running the franchise.

I enjoyed reading it! It even mentioned T.O parking in handicapped parking places. If I was Andy I just would have had it towed away. That would teach him when he had to go pay to get his car out of the tow garage. haha I am glad they ruled for Philly. T.O put them thru a lot.

Bledsoe and Parcells will punch the sucker first time T.O steps out of line!

I know TO is a ### and all but that wouldnt've happened if McNabb was a good teammate. He backed the FO instead of his teammate. Also, as much as I love the Eagles, they did show no class by not celebratig his 100th td. Hadit been McNabb getting his 100th, they would've done something, but no, it was just TO....

I know TO is a ### and all but that wouldnt've happened if McNabb was a good teammate. He backed the FO instead of his teammate. Also, as much as I love the Eagles, they did show no class by not celebratig his 100th td. Hadit been McNabb getting his 100th, they would've done something, but no, it was just TO....
Umm, does Owens sign McNabb's checks? :hey:

I don't remember McNabb backing the organization in regards to T.O.'s contract. I recall Favre backing his FO and telling Walker to report to camp, but I remember McNabb not wanting to comment on it because it was between T.O. and the Philly FO.As far as celebrating T.O.'s 100th touchdown, I believe this blew up in T.O.'s face as the Philly FO clarified that they did not celebrate individual accomplishments; to which T.O. could not supply an example of when they did.

Users who are viewing this thread