What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eagles news (1 Viewer)

If you luv the Axe...get to know the man!, Espn Article.....

GREENER PASTURESby Eddie Matz, ESPN MagazineFool’s Hill. It’s a place Jeremiah Trotter grew up dreaming about. As he chopped wood with his father deep into the Texas night, he’d think about the lush grass on top of Fool’s Hill. As he did homework on the school bus, he’d picture the roaring waterfalls on the other side of Fool’s Hill.“I know you don’t understand why I’m so tough on you,” his father would say. “Someday, when you get over Fool’s Hill, you will.”When he was older, Jeremiah realized the hard truth: there was no Fool’s Hill. It was just an expression, but one with some serious truth in it. In fact, Trotter knows precisely when he got over Fool’s Hill and first saw life as an adult: May 28, 1998, the day he buried his father, the day Trotter says he grew up. For a while, anyway. With Pop gone, that damn hill was kinda slippery.FOUR HUNDRED twenty thousand dollars. That was Trotter’s signing bonus with the Eagles when he came out of college in 1998. “More zeroes than I’d ever seen,” he says, his linebacker’s shoulders barely contained by a black leather chair. His words come out deep and slow, Southern and captivating. The man could’ve easily been a minister. No doubt his folks would’ve preferred it. Growing up in the tiny northeast Texas town of Hooks, none of the eight Trotter kids was allowed to play sports. Too much praying to be done. Too much work, too. “Ever since I was old enough to pick up a stick,” Trotter says, “I was workin’ for my pop.”Myra Trotter was a soft-spoken ox of a man who provided for his family by felling trees and selling them for firewood. When Jeremiah came home from school, Myra would be waiting under the big shade tree, next to a 30-pound maul ax and a pile of wood. Some days they’d chop until 9 or 10, some days past midnight. For Myra, the only thing more important than work was faith. Three times a week he and his wife, Ethel, piled the kids into their old station wagon and drove 20 miles to pray at Ethel’s childhood church. As for Jeremiah, he gobbled up everything his father fed him, from beans and cornbread to an unrelenting work ethic and an undying love of God. “Pop taught me everything I know,” Jeremiah says. Including persistence.SEVENTH GRADE. That’s when Jeremiah Trotter received permission to play football. For one day. “I remember running over everybody,” Trotter says, a boyish glimmer in his eyes. “I was playing running back, and I would go from one side of the field to the other just looking for contact.” But Myra, scared his son would get hurt, changed his mind. And every day for the next two years, Jeremiah asked, “Pop, you gonna lemme play football?” Then, the summer before ninth grade, the boy went away on a youth trip. The day he came back, he saw Myra out front. “Pop, you gonna lemme play football?” Without looking up from the mower he was fixing, Myra said, “Yeah, you can play.” Jeremiah still thinks of it as a minor miracle. “God put it in his heart to let me play,” he says.And play Trotter did, starring at lineman and linebacker for Hooks High. He earned a scholarship to Stephen F. Austin, where he was named a D1-AA All-America at linebacker as a junior. Naturally, when deciding if he should apply for the NFL draft a year early, Jeremiah asked Myra. The elder Trotter, 74 and in failing health, advised him to come out. “Time to become the man of the house,” Myra said. “Time to take care of the family.” The 6’1”, 262-pound Trotter posted monster numbers at the 1998 scouting combine, including 32 reps of 225 on the bench (only three players, all linemen, beat him). But a torn left ACL late in his sophomore year scared teams, and he fell to Philadelphia in the third round. The $420,000 bonus was peanuts by NFL standards, but plenty for a kid from Hooks. Right away Trotter replaced Mom’s old wagon with a Chrysler 300M and tried to retire Dad’s beat-up truck. Myra refused. “Just help me with the bills,” he told his son. “That’s plenty.”And so Jeremiah did. For a few weeks. Three days before Trotter’s first minicamp, Myra died of natural causes. Trotter buried him and reported to work the next day, like Myra would’ve wanted. Jeremiah Trotter had scaled Fool’s Hill. For the first time, anyway.***TWENTY MILLION dollars. That’s what Trotter turned down. Midway through the 2000 season, the Eagles wanted to sign him to a deal that seemed exorbitant given his experience (one full season as a starter), but thrifty should he end up, say, a Pro Bowler. Yet somehow Myra’s boy refused a contract with seven zeroes, nine counting decimal places.Thing is, he wanted to stay in Philly. Defensive coordinator Jim Johnson’s aggressive blitzing schemes were perfect for Trotter’s bone-crushing downhill style. He led Philly in tackles three straight years, making two Pro Bowls, and in 2001 he helped the Eagles to their first NFC title game since 1980. The workaday Iggles faithful loved the blue-collar ‘backer and his celebration dance, an ax chop. Trotter loved Philly right back – the fans, the city, coach Andy Reid.Still, when his contract expired in 2002, there was no common ground. The Eagles, worried about losing Trotter to free agency and getting nothing in return, slapped the franchise tag on him, which meant just a one-year deal at $5.515million. Trotter, worried about respect, thought he should be paid like the NFL’s elite linebackers. Incensed, Trotter requested a meeting with Reid, who declined. “We already had one meeting,” Reid says. “I didn’t have anything new to add.”Over the next few weeks, Trotter spent time with his pastor, and after days of prayer he told his agent to accept the franchise deal. But that night, the Bottom Line crawl on ESPN told him the Eagles had removed the franchise tag. They were done with him. “It was clear,” says Eagles president Joe Banner, “that keeping Jeremiah wasn’t going to be good for either of us.”Two weeks later, Washington signed Trotter to a seven-year, $36 million deal that included a $7 million signing bonus. He was excited. At least that’s what he kept telling himself. In Week 2 of the 2002 season, Trotter had a huge Monday night against his old ‘mates, with 11 tackles. But the game was no contest. “I remember lining up late and looking at the scoreboard,” he says of the 37-7 shellacking Philly gave the Skins. “And it hit me. I wasn’t supposed to be in Washington.”Eleven weeks and six losses later, Trotter blew out his right knee – his good one. A few days later, Reid called to wish him a speedy recovery. “I was shocked,” Trotter says. “The way things ended, I assumed he didn’t care about me.” Trotter was back on the field in 2003, but the knee still wasn’t right, and before the 2004 season started, new Skins coach Joe Gibbs released him. For the first time in his life, Trotter was out of work. ONE DREAM. That’s what got Trotter back home this summer. A few weeks after getting cut, Trotter dreamed he was playing for the Eagles, and he took this as a sign to call Reid. He thanked the coach for his concern when he got hurt, apologized for how things ended in Philly, told him about the dream. And by the way, got an extra roster spot? Reid said he’d give him a look, but for the veteran minimum of $535,000. And, by the way, Mark Simoneau is our middle ‘backer and you’ll play special teams.Trotter said fine; he just wanted back. “He really sold us on that,” Banner says. “He was excited about playing on special teams.” Of course, Trotter never really thought he’d be busting wedges. “I believed without a shadow of a doubt that I was going to start,” he says. He right knee, though, never got the memo. “When Trot first came back” says Johnson, “He could barely run.”For the first time since his rookie year, Trotter was a second-class NFL citizen. At training camp, old pals like Brian Dawkins and Corey Simon napped or got massages while Trotter toiled in special-teams practices with rooks and undrafted free agents. “To go from a two-time Pro Bowler to playing on special teams,” Trotter says, “that hurt me a lot.” Walking onto the field for the opening kickoff of Philly’s first preseason game, he lowered his head in shame and hoped nobody would see the tears streaming down his face. All that kept him from walking off was that damn dream, and the one detail that he was too embarrassed to share with Reid: in his nocturnal musing he was playing special teams. As David Akers marked off his steps for the kickoff, Trotter prayed. “God, I know you’ve got more in store for me, and if this is what I gotta go through to get where you want me to be, so be it.” And just like that, Jeremiah Trotter got over Fool’s Hill for the second time.Funny how things work. Trotter became a special-teams terror. In the opener against the Giants, he tallied 25 production points (a special-teams stat that includes tackles, blocks and turnovers forced), the team’s highest single-game total since coach John Harbaugh arrived in 1998. He notched 29 against Detroit two weeks later. “At the rate he was going,” Banner says, “he would’ve gone to the Pro Bowl as a special teamer.” Meanwhile, Philly’s run D was struggling. Through seven games, it ranked 17th in the NFL. That didn’t matter with the McNabb-TO offense scoring 26.6 points a game, but lowly Cleveland racked up 165 rushing yards in a 34-31 overtime loss to the Eagles in Week 7. Two weeks later, the Steelers gashed them for 252 yards in a 27-3 rout. Johnson and Reid had seen enough. In Dallas the following week, Simoneau was moved outside. Now it was Trotter starting at middle linebacker, Trotter calling plays, Trotter all over the field making eight tackles and a sack in a 49-21 win. Neither he nor the Eagles have looked back since. “Trotter brings it, man, more than any other linebacker we’ve played this year,” says Dallas center Al Johnson, who’s also faced Ray Lewis. In December, Trotter was voted to the Pro Bowl, despite starting just six games before balloting ended. In those six starts, Philly’s run D vaulted from 27th to 11th; their yards per carry allowed was 4.7 before Trotter started, 3.5 in his first six starts. Most important, the Eagles won all six games and believe that, with or without Terrell Owens, they can get to Jacksonville.* * *TWO YEARS old. That’s the age of the guest of honor on this Saturday afternoon in December. Jeremiah Trotter struts into a South Jersey Gymboree for a birthday party and sits on a red mat to watch a bunch of tumbling tots, all with Eagles pedigrees. First comes Brian Dawkins Jr., then Hugh Douglas Jr. and, finally, the birthday boy, Jeremiah Trotter Jr. Watching his son roll around, Jeremiah Sr. can’t help but smile. The view’s nice on this side of Fool’s Hill.

Corss post from EMB

Nothing on SIM, looks like hell be probable Runyan has an MCL sprain, expected to playTO will work out on the firld to get motion, probably on WednesdayBlames himself for dope end to the 1st half, and takes blame for other 3 championship lossesTalked about Vick, compared him to DaunteAll in all, looked like his usual calm self

Blames himself for dope end to the 1st half
Reid always takes the blame for screwups. BUT, this was clearly McNabb's screwup. There was no excuse as to why he didn't throw that ball 10 yards beyond the endzone. I will say one thing, I'm pretty sure it won't happen again.

Blames himself for dope end to the 1st half
Reid always takes the blame for screwups. BUT, this was clearly McNabb's screwup. There was no excuse as to why he didn't throw that ball 10 yards beyond the endzone. I will say one thing, I'm pretty sure it won't happen again.
I dont think anyone will disagree with you ... certainly not me :)

This ought to be good for a couple of chuckles:Eagles' receiver Freddie Mitchell will be today's "Five Good Minutes" guest on Pardon the Interruption with Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon -- 5:30 p.m. ET on ESPN.

From TO's website:TO seriously you better be on the sidelines this week.Unless your ankle has to be elevated or something.If you're healthy enough to be on the sidelines I hope you go and pump up the crowd. LET'S GO TO --------------------TO Posted: Jan 17 2005, 09:59 PM I'LL B THERE THIS WKEND AGAINST THE FALCONS!!!!

Eagles schedule, 2005Home: SF, SEA, SD, OAK, GB, DAL, NYG, WASAway: ARZ, STL, DEN, KC, ATL, DAL, NYG, WAS

Good TO read
Healing T.O. Tools Print this article E-mail this article Subscribe to this paper Larger / Smaller Text By Joe StarkeyTRIBUNE-REVIEWMonday, February 14, 2005 Rick Burkholder spent significant time with Terrell Owens every day for 61/2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl, which makes you wonder if Burkholder now is: a.) Prone to spastic arm flapping. b.) Sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber. c.) Referring to himself in the third person. d.) All of the above. As it turns out, none of the above. Burkholder, the Philadelphia Eagles' head athletic trainer and a 1987 Pitt grad, made a discovery almost as remarkable as that of another Pitt guy, Jonas Salk, who developed the polio vaccine. Burkholder's finding won't change the world, but it might open some minds. He found that Owens has a humble, selfless side. "I'd trust Terrell with almost anything in my life right now," said Burkholder, 40, a Carlisle native who was an assistant athletic trainer at Pitt (1991-93) and with the Steelers (1993-98). "That's how close we became." Owens' tedious rehab from ankle surgery often went into overtime, meaning that Burkholder, after a long day at the office, would trudge to T.O's house to continue the work. Burkholder would bring his 4-year-old daughter, Quinn, because it was his only chance to spend time with her. "Some athletes would be so selfish that they'd be ticked off at that," Burkholder said. "Terrell embraced her, and they became pretty good buddies." In fact, had Owens scored a touchdown in the Super Bowl, eight days ago in Jacksonville, Fla., he would have performed a dance choreographed by the tiny Quinn. That's about the only thing Owens didn't do. He caught nine passes for 122 yards, despite playing with two screws and a plate in his right ankle -- and against his surgeon's recommendation. As the point man in Owens' rehab, Burkholder became a target for criticism, even though neither he nor Owens had any intention of putting Owens on the field if it was going to jeopardize his future or hurt the team. "T.O. shut up a lot of critics who really didn't know what was going on," Burkholder said. "They were criticizing me, too, so it's a feather in my cap." Owens did not ask for a pain-killing injection, and Burkholder wouldn't have given him one, anyway. The only thing applied to the ankle that day was Vaseline, which Owens used to keep his sock from rubbing against his scar. Burkholder did tape Owens' knee, using a technique he'd learned in Australia from internationally renowned physiotherapist Brian Mulligan. A compression bandage was wrapped around Owens' knee at the top of the fibula, helping to align the bone -- which had been broken -- and to relieve stress on the ankle. It helped that Burkholder had been part of a Steelers' medical team that enabled cornerback Rod Woodson to play in Super Bowl XXX just 41/2 months after reconstructive knee surgery. "Having Rod on my resume helped build a little bit of trust with Terrell," Burkholder said. "He realized I could help him." The key to each recovery was the patients themselves. "Same jockey, different great horse," Burkholder said. "God created a genetic freak in Terrell Owens. Same with Rod." Burkholder was flexible enough to allow Owens to incorporate some unusual procedures, such as sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber. And guess what happened a few hours after the big game? The supposedly selfish Owens dialed Burkholder in his hotel room and asked if he could bring Quinn to the team party. "Here's a guy who just pulled one of the most amazing athletic feats you'll ever see," Burkholder said, "and he wanted to see my daughter and say goodbye to her before he went to Hawaii (for the Pro Bowl, which Owens will sit out)." Quinn was ill that night, but she'll probably see Owens next week. That's when her daddy will determine whether it's time to take the screws out of T.O'.s ankle. Joe Starkey is a sports writer for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. He can be reached at jstarkey@tribweb.com

Mitchell could be out by Friday's minicamp
Mitchell could be out by Friday's minicamp/ FOXSports.com Posted: 2 days ago Freddie Mitchell, the wide receiver who is known more for his outlandish comments than his play on the field, may be in his final days as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles. Draft TrackerWinners and losers | Draft roundup Draft grades for every NFL team Rd 1 review | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 First-round analysis | DiaryPaul Attner's Round 1 thoughts Photo gallery ...NFL draft Looking back ...Draft's all-time steals Draft's all-time busts Best draft picks ever? VIDEO: Draft-day emotions Cedric Benson Antrel Rolle Aaron Rodgers And his departure could happen before the team kicks off its minicamp this Friday.Speaking at a news conference over the weekend, Eagles coach Andy Reid didn't come right out and say Mitchell would be traded, but he didn't exactly sound thrilled about having the outspoken — and often outplayed — receiver back with the team."We'll see," Reid told the Philadelphia Daily News when asked if Mitchell would be moved by Friday. "We'll see how things go."Reid admitted the media might have a better time with Mitchell at minicamp than his teammates, whom Mitchell has criticized in the past. "It would be good for you guys," Reid said.The Eagles, with their selection of Georgia wide receiver Reggie Brown in the second round of last weekend's draft, apparently readied themselves to get rid of Mitchell. Since being selected out of UCLA in the first round of the 2001 draft, Mitchell has failed to live up to expectations. "The People's Champ", as labeled by his teammates, has caught just 90 passes in four years. His production dipped even more last season after Terrell Owens joined the team. Mitchell caused a stir before last February's Super Bowl when he called out Patriots safety Rodney Harrison, saying he had "something" for Harrison. Mitchell then got upset with his teammates, claiming they didn't back him up for making such a statement. During his four years with the Eagles, Freddie Mitchell has been known more for his mouth than his play. (Scott Halleran / Getty Images) "The program they have here and the kind of people they recruit with the Eagles are laid back... I sensed people were scared of the Patriots," he said. "And me? I fear no team. I fear nobody." Mitchell has also recently blamed quarterback Donovan McNabb for not getting him the ball enough."I can't throw myself the ball," he said in an interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer earlier this month. "There were times I got more tired doing jumping jacks on the field than actually playing in the game itself."The (expletive) had confidence in me on fourth-and-26 (against the Packers in the 2003-04 playoffs) to get his ### out of a jam. I can name all my catches on third downs."It's words like those that may have Mitchell naming the Eagles as his former team.

Heard on the radio yesterday that they've agreed it would be mutually beneficial if Freddie didn't show up. He's definatly not coming to camp, fwiw.

Have there been any rumors involving where the Eagles are trading Mitchell? I can't imagine that there is a whole lot of interest in acquiring him. Even if someone did want him, why not just wait until he is cut and sign him a FA? I agree that the Eagles should shop him around and try to get whatever they can but I just don't see a lot of interest in MR 4th and 26.

WHat about something along the lines of Phi 2006 3rd Round and FredEx for Henry :unsure:
I think you would be giving up a lot for a guy that wants to start and won't. I would do 5th, possibly fourth. Then again, maybe Henry would accept sharing carries for a Super Bowl contender....who knows?

fwiw, blogger has an article about his mention of tampa bay.Link

"It went well," Mitchell said of his discussion with Reid. "He knows I want to go somewhere where I can catch more than 20 balls in a season."The Eagles tried to trade Mitchell during last weekend's draft, but couldn't find a partner."They made it tough on themselves," Mitchell said. "But we're still working on some (trades). Right now, I'll go anywhere."Put Tampa Bay near the top of the list.
the writer doesnt mention if tampa bay is where he wants to go or if he is saything there is reported interest from the buccs.in the real new, mcnabb press conference in 52 minutes.

WHat about something along the lines of Phi 2006 3rd Round and FredEx for Henry :unsure:
How about the 3rd for Henry and the Eagles KEEP FredEx. :P

ProFootballCentral.com Exclusive Reggie Brown Interview
ProFootballCentral.com Exclusive Reggie Brown InterviewProFootballCentral.com caught up with rookie wide receiver Reggie Brown as he heads into his first NFL season looking to live up to the expectations with Terrell Owens holding out and the release of Freddie Mitchell.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------PFC- Reggie, thank you very much for your time to sit down with us here at ProFootballCentral.comReggie Brown- Thank you for having me, good to finally be here! PFC- What was your initial reaction when you heard that the Eagles drafted you?, were you surprised?Reggie Brown- I wasn’t really that surprised when the Eagles drafted me, I knew they were interested in me. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t 100% sure though, I was happy when they picked me. They are a great team, and I know we will have the opportunity to go back to the Super Bowl. PFC- What other teams showed a strong interest in you??Reggie Brown-Miami, New England……well you know what, it doesn’t even matter who else was interested, because the Eagles were interested the MOST, and that’s who picked me!PFC- Im pretty sure when you were drafted you thought Terrell Owens would be a huge tutor to you, are you a little angry that he has been holding out or do you look at that as another opening for you?Reggie Brown- I’m so glad to be playing for the Eagles no matter what. The disagreements with TO and the organization are beyond my control, so I’m looking at it like I need to focus on myself, (the one person I can control) and get ready to make an impact this season. PFC- With Freddie Mitchell being released and TO holding out, that gives you more reps in camp, how are you handling this pressure??Reggie Brown- I accept the pressure proudly, it’s the opportunity of a lifetime. PFC- What are your feelings on Donovan McNabb from what you have seen so far??Reggie Brown- Donovan is cool. He seems to be easy to get along with, but I haven’t spent that much time with him yet. PFC- Looking at your game, what is the 1 thing you feel that you need to work on??Reggie Brown- ConsistencyPFC- How excited are you to be going up against a few Pro Bowl defenders every day in practice in Sheppard, Brown and Dawkins?Reggie Brown- It will be a privilege and honor. These are some good guys, and one day soon, that (a Pro Bowler) will be me.PFC- Your 6"1 with blazing speed, what do you think is more essential in the success of a wide reciever, speed or height?Reggie Brown- I think speed, but I know everyone feels differently about thatPFC- Do you think that your catching on with the playbook already or going to take some time??Reggie Brown- I am catching on to the playbook, but it will definitely take some time. Trust me, it will be the most enjoyable studying of my life thoughPFC- What player in the NFL did you try to model yourself off of growing up??Reggie Brown- no one in particularPFC- What are your goals this season in your rookie season??Reggie Brown- I want to be rookie of the year PFC- Thanks for your time to sit down with us here at ProFootballCentral.comReggie Brown- Thank you for having me.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------About Reggie BrownPOSITIVES: Tough, competitive receiver with good size and athleticism. Quickly gets off the line, runs solid routes and comes back to the ball, extending to pull the pass out of the air. Easily adjusts running full speed to catch the errant throw. Tracks the deep throw, gets vertical and positions himself against defenders to come away with the ball. Good eye/hand coordination, effective running after the reception and keeps the play in bounds to pick up positive yardage. Sharp into breaks and stays low on exit immediately positioning himself to make the catch. Strong blocking down the field.NEGATIVES: Not a heavy-duty receiver who can catch the ball and take a pounding over the middle. Does not always display great concentration or show soft hands. Could give better effort blocking.ANALYSIS: A solid pass catcher in a variety of ways, Brown projects well as a third wideout in the NFL. Should be effective in third-down situations and as a red-zone target with his ability to get vertical and make the grab.(from CNNSI)

Johnson Agrees to Four-Year Extension (Def Coord)

Johnson Agrees to Four-Year Extension

by Andy Schwartz

ComcastSportsNet.com

The Eagles have locked up the most important cog of their defense.

On Thursday, the Eagles signed defensive coordinator Jim Johnson to a four-year extension.

This is the second such extension Johnson has signed with the Eagles. The first came in 2002, when he eschewed a possible head-coaching position with the 49ers.

But Johnson, as coach Andy Reid has noted in the past, is essentially a head coach with the Eagles. He is the head coach of the defense.

“I’m very happy to stay with Andy Reid and the Philadelphia Eagles," Johnson said in a statement released by the team. "I love the city of Philadelphia. We’ve had a great run here and we want to keep it going. We’re focused on getting back to the Super Bowl and winning it.”

“As I’ve said many times, Jim Johnson is the best in the business at what he does,” Reid said. “His defensive units continue to produce at a very high level as he puts a lot of pressure on opposing offenses. Jim is a valuable member of the Eagles organization, and we’re happy to keep him here for the next several years.”

Johnson joined the Eagles in 1999, 11 days after they hired Reid. How good has the defense been under Johnson? Consider the following:

Since 2000, the Eagles lead the NFL in fewest points allowed (15.5 per game) and sacks (232). They’re also the stingiest in the red zone (opponents have scored a TD only 40.1 percent of the time) and on third down (opponents have converted only 33 percent).

They’re also seventh with 156 takeaways, and that does not include the league-leading 46 they forced in Johnson’s first season.

Johnson’s goal has been to allow 17 points or fewer. In 96 regular-season games under Johnson, the Eagles have done so 59 times and won 53 of them. They’ve allowed 25 or more only 16 times (they’re 5-11 in those games).

In 2001, his third year in Philadelphia, the Eagles became only the fourth team in league history to go an entire season without allowing more than 21 points in a game.

Johnson is well known for his blitzing schemes, which once led defensive end N.D. Kalu to make this assessment of his coach:

“He’s the mad scientist,” Kalu said. “We could all be hurt, and he’d have the cheerleaders out there blitzing.”

Last off-season, the Eagles gave Johnson a new toy in Jevon Kearse, who was constantly around the quarterback. In addition to his 7½ sacks, Kearse led the team with 21 quarterback hurries.

In advancing to their first Super Bowl since the 1980 season, the Eagles finished second in the league in points allowed (16.3, behind Pittsburgh’s 15.7) and sacks (47, behind Atlanta’s 48).

In his six seasons with the Eagles, eight of Johnson's charges have made the Pro Bowl. Cornerback Troy Vincent, now with the Bills, leads the group with five trips. One of Vincent’s protégées, Lito Sheppard, made his first trip last year and was joined by safeties Brian Dawkins (fourth) and Michael Lewis (first).

Linebacker Jeremiah Trotter earned his third Pro Bowl berth, and all three have come under Johnson. After his first two trips to Hawaii, Trotter spent the next two seasons with the Redskins before returning to Philadelphia last July.

Defensive end Hugh Douglas (three), defensive tackle Corey Simon (one), and cornerback Bobby Taylor (one) have also made the Pro Bowl under Johnson.

After playing quarterback at Missouri and tight end for the Buffalo Bills, Johnson began his coaching career in 1967 as the head coach for Missouri Southern. He served as a defensive assistant with Drake, Indiana and Notre Dame, where he won a National Championship in 1977, before joining the professional ranks as the defensive coordinator of Oklahoma of the USFL.

Johnson held the same position with Jacksonville of the USFL the next season before becoming the defensive line/backs coach for the NFL’s St. Louis Cardinals in 1986. He served as the Colts’ defensive coordinator and linebackers coach from 1994-97 and the Seahawks’ linebackers coach in 1998 before finally landing in Philadelphia.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has McNabb's agent. He just can't officially sign a deal for I think 5 days after he notifies the league of an agent change.

live in Boston. My friend sent this to me. Dumb.Andy Reid had put together the perfect Eagles team, missing only a stud quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges, even the Canadian and European leagues, but he couldn't find a ringer to guarantee a Super Bowl win. One night he was watching a war-zone scene in Iraq on TV. In the background of one shot, he saw a young Iraqi soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away. KABOOM! He threw another grenade 75 yards, pitching it right into a chimney. KA-BLOOEY!Then he threw another into a car passing at 90 mph. BULL'S-EYE!"I've got to get this guy!" Reid shouted. "He's got the perfect arm!" He finds him and brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football. The Eagles go on to win the Super Bowl. The young Iraqi is hailed as a great hero, and when Reid asks him what he wants, he says he wants to call his mother."Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!" "I don't want to talk to you," the old Muslim woman snaps. "You deserted us. You are not my son!""You don't understand, Mother," the QB pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans.""No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. The elections are a joke, your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!"The old lady pauses, then tearfully adds, "I will never forgive you for making us move to Philadelphia!"

Posted on Thu, May. 26, 2005

Stephen A. Smith | Birds gain points in public feud with T.O.

By Stephen A. Smith

Inquirer Columnist

So now we've learned what the real problem is with Terrell Owens.

The Eagles don't have a problem with their mercurial star wide receiver because he's dissatisfied with his seven-year, $48-million contract. They're not even disgusted with threats that he'll hold out for more money after flying high for just one season.

His attitude? Please. Nothing to sweat at all.

A little verbal jabbing with Donovan McNabb? Who cares?

But allowing his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, to open his mouth? Then doing so himself to try and sway the court of public opinion?

The nerve of T.O.

Now, the Eagles are not about to pity this fool.

If you read between the rhetoric being spewed out of the mouth of Joe Banner, the Eagles' president, you won't learn anything new.

You'll just learn that image is still everything, practically the only thing, and the sole reason that Owens is being dragged through the grime and mud the Eagles have so adroitly placed in public view.

All while the Eagles are busy saving face themselves.

This entire Owens saga may have gotten old and tiring by now, but the sad part is, it's exactly for the reasons the Eagles would have everyone believe. The same organization that allegedly leaked Rosenhaus' desire to negotiate a new contract, that allowed a maelstrom of controversy to ascend and explode, now sits around pontificating to the masses about what life might have been like for Owens had he not been the one to publicize his wishes.

Talk about the bogus and ridiculous.

Only weeks ago, Eagles coach Andy Reid was on Angelo Cataldi's morning show on WIP-AM (610) discussing the Owens saga. It was Reid who intimated he was displeased with Owens' stance, vowing the Eagles wouldn't budge, practically swearing that had Owens not gone public and elected to come back this season that a new contract for him would be plausible if not likely.

Troy Vincent wouldn't know about this, of course. Neither would Bobby Taylor. Same with Jeremiah Trotter, Hugh Douglas, Brian Westbrook, Duce Staley or a host of past or present members of the Eagles organization that is rife with nightmarish stories of how the Eagles treat the aging among them, looking to cash in on something other than their pension.

Many Eagles and football observers have had issues with the way this franchise does business.

But here's the News Flash: I'm not one of them.

In fact, I don't blame the Eagles one bit.

This is a business, after all. Owner Jeffrey Lurie is here to win and get paid as much as he can while doing so. If the National Football League allows teams to reduce a player's salary or cut him despite his spectacular contribution - and the system allows such an atrocity to occur - the Eagles are not villains in this equation.

Until they open their mouths with a bunch of nonsense, that is.

"I'm baffled in that there doesn't seem like there's a good plan [on Owens' side]," Banner told Don Banks of SI.com Tuesday in Washington at the NFL owners' meetings. "And to have done this so publicly, he really put himself in a box. If you come in and make a private request like this, and the team responds, then you proceed without there being a problem.

"But once you go public with it... We have to stick to our policies and to what we think is right and fair. Any team opening that Pandora's box in such a big, visible case is really creating problems that they will not be able to get out of."

That's assuming T.O. opened the Pandora's box.

Why could it not have been the Eagles who decided to go public? Just so they could sit back and take this stance: "T.O., the news is out the bag. So we can't help you because it'll make us look bad."

It's not as if it's a flawed strategy.

The Eagles will have to deal with, arguably, the most hated agent in the NFL. The way Rosenhaus is known for running his mouth, if the Eagles were to say it was Rosenhaus who leaked news of this contractual squabble, who's going to take the agent's word over the boys with the gold-standard mantra?

There is such a thing as being too clean, too pristine to be believed. Call Owens what you want - egomaniacal, self-centered, self-absorbed - but he's not a liar. The guy doesn't even curse, and he's certainly not someone who shortchanges people.

Can the Eagles say the same? We know better.

And while we also know that guilt in this situation can hardly be proven, this much is true:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's not a mongoose.

not sure if covered here, but on NFL Access last night, the speculation was that TO won;t attend the Lehigh camps since he won't want to deal with the heckling from the fans, who attend those practices, and will ultimately show when the team moves back to practice at the facility.Alkso from the show, two consdierations that tell me there is NO WAY the Eagles will even sit down and talk about renegotiating:1) when they signed last year, the team pointed out the numbers in the second year and said "are you sure you won't have a problem with this?"2) if they renegotiate with TO, there are likely 7 or 8 other important players who will line right up and do the same.The team's stance over the years of not caving in to player demands and hold outs, which has resulted in them losing a ton of players to FA, also tells me there is no way they entertain TO on this - he shows up or they proceed without him.TO has done this before. He did it with the 9ers once or twice, and once training camp rolled around, there was TO. He is truly a meathead, and from February to June, he is the biggest tool in the game of football, but he also loves the game and will be there when push comes to shove. under his existing contract.

Does anyone think a large part of the way TO is acting is coming from Rosenhous. I mean for 21 weeks last year this guy did nothing but bleed Eagle green....It was like a match made in heaven.Personally I think last year he was out to prove everyone wrong that said he would just be a problem and it wouldn't work out. I think this year he goes out to silence the critics again. TO obviously plays with a big chip on his shoulder and there is absolutely 100% no chance he will sit out games. I would wager any amount on this. It seems to be the media stirring the pot because most of my Eagle buddies aren't worried either. We will see. Dot

maybe a little bit Rosenhaus, but TO really is a tool when he isn't playing football.It would only take a small push.

p.s. - and i'm sure his agent didn't tell him it was a good idea to toss McNabb under the bus.

maybe a little bit Rosenhaus, but TO really is a tool when he isn't playing football.

It would only take a small push.
I dont think anyone would argue that TO is capable of being in a position where he has to deal with people on a regular basis.

TO expected to show for camp
Grotz: Eagles’ drama is like a game of Hold ‘Em Bob Grotz, Times Sports Columnist05/31/2005 Email to a friend Voice your opinion Printer-friendly When Andy Reid uses his pet line "We’ll see," what he really means is he knows the percentages, and he likes his hand.Reid holds the hammer when it comes to the futures, and in some cases, lack thereof, of Eagles property Terrell Owens, Corey Simon and Brian Westbrook. At the same time, the offseason of discontent has worn on Big Red and his machine. Barring a minor miracle, Reid will be answering the same tired questions about Owens with "We’ll see" when the Eagles begin their seven-practice passing camp at the NovaCare Complex Wednesday.Advertisement o"I will be the first to tell you they can’t win without him. The team may believe they can win without him, but a guy like that, they can’t."-- Former Eagleslinebacker Ike Reese, addressing Donovan McNabb’s remarksthe team could win the Super Bowl withoutTerrell Owens.o Owens and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have painted themselves into a corner trying to get the Eagles to restructure the player’s seven-year contract. Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and chief negotiator Joe Banner already have pointed it out publicly. Owens wants his contract adjusted to reflect his real market value; Lurie says unh-unh.Even the traditional out in such jams -- the media made too much of it -- is a reach. Owens, however, almost certainly will play that card if and when he returns to the Eagles, explaining to those with the most simple of minds that he didn’t name names when he said, "I wasn’t the one who got tired in the Super Bowl." Even Donovan McNabb knows it was a thinly veiled indictment of his much discussed, emotional fourth quarter in Super Bowl XXXIX.When the paint dries, Owens is expected to show up at training camp and honor the second year of a two-year contract the Eagles almost certainly will consider terminating at the end of 2005.Minus T.O., Eagles second-round draft pick Reggie Brown, the wide receiver from Georgia, can look forward to another round of questions about his locker-room neighbor who isn’t there, and how he plans to replace him.This writer found it interesting that Brown’s bumpy indoctrination to the NFL immediately following the draft somehow has evolved into a great minicamp. Brown looked like a typical rookie new to the West Coast offense. He had his moments. He made some tough grabs and had his share of drops and mistakes. The rookie camp practices were closed last week, making it impossible to see how much more Brown had learned about the complicated and required route-running. It will be fascinating to see how the Owens situation impacts Brown.o"Very childish."-- Pro Football Hall of Famequarterback Joe Namathcommenting on Owens’verbal and public sneakattack on McNabb. o Defensive tackle Simon also knows exactly what the Eagles think about him. They tried to trade him to Baltimore, of all places, after effectively halting all long-term contract negotiations by making him their franchise player. Then the Eagles drafted tackle Mike Patterson of USC in the first round and Keyonta Marshall later. Simon’s teammates wonder if he will be part of the team when the regular season opens. Simon almost certainly won’t sign his $5.13 million tender until some point during training camp.Truth be told, there are Eagles who think Hollis Thomas -- another Bird who believes he’s out-performed his contract -- is the team’s top tackle. Thomas would have an easier time making the argument had he remained healthy through the years. Still, though the Eagles have two starting caliber tackles in Sam Rayburn and Darwin Walker, neither takes on a double-team as well as a healthy Thomas.o "They’ve got some great guys up there who’ve dealt with these things in the past. They need to pull him to the side, call him up and positively encourage him to get on board. The longer nobody says anything to him, the more there could be a problem."-- Reese telling reportershow his ex-teammatescould deal with Owens.oRunning back Westbrook, a restricted free agent, has found it all but impossible to get respect as the team’s featured back even after leading the team in rushing and yards from scrimmage and making the Pro Bowl.The Eagles hyped the average length of Westbrook’s 22 career regular season TD’s at a gaudy 24 yards, which is indicative of the way the Villanova University product stretches the field.The Eagles duly note he led all NFL running backs last season with 73 receptions and a 6.1-yard average on touches -- carries and receptions.That said, the Eagles used a third-round draft pick on running back Ryan Moats, who is built like Westbrook and does a lot of the same things, if the scouting reports are accurate.A year ago, the Eagles were one happy ship.Owens and Jevon Kearse added energy to the franchise numbed by back-to-back-to-back losses in NFL title games.Now, it’s like a game of Texas Hold’em poker after the three-card flop. The Eagles know the percentages, and they like their hand. But there’s still a couple of cards left to be dealt.To contact Bob Grotz, e-mail bobgrotz@aol.com

That's good news JAA. I hope he does and I hope he does what's needed to heal the injured relationships on the team. Philly is a SB contender with or without TO, but TO gives them a better chance for sure. He's just too good to not be out on field playing.

Owens still intent on getting new contract

Terrell Owens is still intent on getting a new contract from the Philadelphia Eagles — or any other team that will pay the right price.

Owens held a press conference Thursday to promote his benefit event for Alzheimer's this weekend, and was supposed to talk about Alzheimer's, and not football. But according to The Philadelphia Daily News, T.O. talked a little football too.

"It doesn't matter what they say (about me), whether in Philly, in San Francisco, and all over the world," Owens said in television a interview which was broadcast by Comcast SportsNet. "They believe what they want to believe. In my heart, I know I'm doing the right thing. I don't have to play football. I don't have to play for the Eagles. I don't care what my teammates say."

Owens, who is skipping the team's passing camp, was asked if he was prepared to sit out the season to get more money. "That's something that's going to be left up to certain situations," he said. "The most important thing is my family."

How about playing for the Falcons? "I would play for anybody," Owens said. "I'll play for anybody who allows me to go out there and do what I do. I just want to be paid what I deserve. If I'm one of the top players in the game, pay me like I'm one of the top players. What's fair is fair. That's not being selfish. That's not being greedy. Right is right and wrong is wrong."

As for the Eagles, quarterback Donovan McNabb said Thursday he has talked to Owens since they exchanged verbal shots earlier this off-season. He insists his relationship with the All-Pro wide receiver isn't strained.

"We talked. Things are great," McNabb said with a hint of sarcasm.

Though he was unwilling to reveal details of the discussion, McNabb predicted Owens will report to training camp. Owens has been holding out of off-season minicamps because he wants to renegotiate the seven-year deal worth almost $49 million he signed in March 2004.

"He will be at camp. Now if he shows up to camp, he shows up. If he doesn't, hey, I'm just telling you my opinion," McNabb said Thursday.

"We are football players and whatever may have transpired all throughout the off-season, when you step out on that field, you have one job and that is to make plays."

Owens still intent on getting new contract

Terrell Owens is still intent on getting a new contract from the Philadelphia Eagles — or any other team that will pay the right price.

Owens held a press conference Thursday to promote his benefit event for Alzheimer's this weekend, and was supposed to talk about Alzheimer's, and not football. But according to The Philadelphia Daily News, T.O. talked a little football too.

"It doesn't matter what they say (about me), whether in Philly, in San Francisco, and all over the world," Owens said in television a interview which was broadcast by Comcast SportsNet. "They believe what they want to believe. In my heart, I know I'm doing the right thing. I don't have to play football. I don't have to play for the Eagles. I don't care what my teammates say."

Owens, who is skipping the team's passing camp, was asked if he was prepared to sit out the season to get more money. "That's something that's going to be left up to certain situations," he said. "The most important thing is my family."

How about playing for the Falcons? "I would play for anybody," Owens said. "I'll play for anybody who allows me to go out there and do what I do. I just want to be paid what I deserve. If I'm one of the top players in the game, pay me like I'm one of the top players. What's fair is fair. That's not being selfish. That's not being greedy. Right is right and wrong is wrong."

As for the Eagles, quarterback Donovan McNabb said Thursday he has talked to Owens since they exchanged verbal shots earlier this off-season. He insists his relationship with the All-Pro wide receiver isn't strained.

"We talked. Things are great," McNabb said with a hint of sarcasm.

Though he was unwilling to reveal details of the discussion, McNabb predicted Owens will report to training camp. Owens has been holding out of off-season minicamps because he wants to renegotiate the seven-year deal worth almost $49 million he signed in March 2004.

"He will be at camp. Now if he shows up to camp, he shows up. If he doesn't, hey, I'm just telling you my opinion," McNabb said Thursday.

"We are football players and whatever may have transpired all throughout the off-season, when you step out on that field, you have one job and that is to make plays."
About time for JAA to defend TO and tell he's just misunderstood. He only means good for the team, er uh himself, no wait team. Maybe JAA can clear this up for us.

Im not going to defend TOs actions. I am going to defend TOs right to his own choice. A choice that he will have to live with the consequences of.

Im not going to defend TOs actions. I am going to defend TOs right to his own choice. A choice that he will have to live with the consequences of.
I detect a change in your position on TO. I don't disagree with what his rights are. I do disagree with how he and Drew have handled their business. When they look back on the events that have transpired they'll realize they mishandled every step. Everytime TO opens his mouth he pushes team relations back 2 steps. But hey, as long as he gets his money what difference does it make. TO's happiness is the only important thing....to him.TO="terriby outspoken", "totally obnoxtious"

In a sport where contracts can be cancelled any time, I think TO deserves a raise. Hines Ward should not get more money then TO. No doubt he has handled things poorly off the field with his comments, but on the field he is a professional(celebration antics aside) with amazing work out habits. If it was baseball or basketball I would say a deal is a deal, but this guy is the the philly offense and he, (like all football players) is one hit away from never playing ball again. I usually think that Reid and the eagles front office are very sharp with personnel matters but they are getting too stingy with owens and westbrook. If they keep this hard nosed line up, free agents are not going to want to come to Philly.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a sport where contracts can be cancelled any time, I think TO deserves a raise. Hines Ward should not get more money then TO. No doubt he has handled things poorly off the field with his comments, but on the field he is a true professional with amazing work out habits. If it was baseball or basketball I would say a deal is a deal, but this guy is the the philly offense and he, (like all football players) is one hit away from never playing ball again. I usually think that Reid and the eagles front office are very sharp with personnel matters but they are getting too stingy with owens and westbrook. If they they keep this hard nosed line up, free agents are not going to want to come to Philly.
I don't think Ward's situation is comprable. Ward is entering the final year of his contract. TO just signed his last year. If TO feel's he's worth so much more then why did he sign it? Why did he sign it when the union advised not to? And now he wants to complain? Doesn't make sense. TO should be arguing and angry with himself because he' the one who created this probelm and now he wants the world to think Philly is under paying him.As for handling things, I agree his performance on the field of play is outstanding. No one will argue against that. However, his performance on after the games is not acceptable. The comments he's made agaist his teammates and at their expense to make him look better is unacceptable. That is part of his "job" and he is totally unprofessional in every sense of the word. There is no excuse for his actions. He sold out Garcia and now he's doing the same to McNabb. Someone needs to explian to him that he's a jerk for doing that. He needs and ### whopping to set him straight and get his head right.

When this contract stuff started I was defending TO because he does have a right to get paid whatever he can command. I have no problem with that. But I can no longer defend him because of his actions. In an attempt to get a few bucks more he has sold out his QB, his team and himself just for more money. His values system has ben rendered meaningless. Frankly, I don't care what happens to him now.

:exceptformykeeperleague: :bag:

Im not going to defend TOs actions.  I am going to defend TOs right to his own choice.  A choice that he will have to live with the consequences of.
I detect a change in your position on TO. I don't disagree with what his rights are. I do disagree with how he and Drew have handled their business. When they look back on the events that have transpired they'll realize they mishandled every step. Everytime TO opens his mouth he pushes team relations back 2 steps. But hey, as long as he gets his money what difference does it make. TO's happiness is the only important thing....to him.TO="terriby outspoken", "totally obnoxtious"
This has always been my position. I have always said I support TO in his wanting more of his current contract this year instead of next. I will alwys support TOs right to get what he thinks he deserves. Personally, I feel he should hold out 1/2 of training camp and report after that if nothing has been resolved.

You serious? When a player signs a contract they know full well that its a one year deal with the later years typically in the teams favor. That is why almost any high profile (or even low profile) player gets a signing bonus. Bobby Taylor got paid 3 mil in bonus and another 1 or 2 mil last year. TO knew when signing his contract that he would not be paid as much in the 2nd year as the first. Prorate his "roster" bonus over two years and he is making a salary inline with the top 5 WRs. You never seem to hear him take season 1's $$$ into account.

I don't see how TO can win here. It was nice knowing ya TO. Who would of thought I would of had to retire your jersey so soon.

-PSA

You serious? When a player signs a contract they know full well that its a one year deal with the later years typically in the teams favor. That is why almost any high profile (or even low profile) player gets a signing bonus. Bobby Taylor got paid 3 mil in bonus and another 1 or 2 mil last year.
But every team knows that a players only recourse is to hold out. So the door swings both ways. Whether they expect a player to do it year 1 of a contract is a different story altogether.

You serious? When a player signs a contract they know full well that its a one year deal with the later years typically in the teams favor. That is why almost any high profile (or even low profile) player gets a signing bonus. Bobby Taylor got paid 3 mil in bonus and another 1 or 2 mil last year.
But every team knows that a players only recourse is to hold out. So the door swings both ways. Whether they expect a player to do it year 1 of a contract is a different story altogether.
True, I suppose if a player like McNabb did this on the Eagles I'd be freaking out, but I believe the Eagles can still do very well w/o TO. I really don't want to see the Eagles budge and don't expect to. If they do great we get TO, but then we get hold out after hold out in future years. Would be reminiscent of the early 90s and just about everyone on the gang green holding out at one point or another.-PSA

brief Phillyburbs.com article

Reid addresses T.O. no-show at seminar

Eagles coach Andy Reid was a keynote speaker at the Get Motivated seminar on Tuesday at the Wachovia Center. At the seminar Reid addressed a question about Terrell Owens and whether the team could be successful without their holdout wide receiver.

"The National Football League, football in general, is one of the last team sports that there is. I heard the T.O. chants, I heard that, but realistically, you can leave a T.O. and incorporate another player in there who's working hard that wants to do those things ... (pauses for crowd applause/jeering) ... and you can still win championships."
Second, longer Phillyburbs.com article
Birds pleased with Brown's steady progress

PHILADELPHIA - Sometime this summer, Terrell Owens will probably break. He'll end his feud with the Eagles and realize that feeding his family on $48 million isn't as tough as he thought. But what happens if he doesn't? What happens if Owens' fight goes on past training camp? What happens if Owens never comes back?

Then Reggie Brown better be ready.

Brown, like most of his teammates, is trudging through the final days of the Eagles' latest preseason minicamp at the NovaCare Complex. The Eagles are in their second week of workouts. Camp breaks for good on Thursday.

Brown, who caught 62 passes for 1,046 yards and 10 touchdowns last year at Georgia before being selected in the second round of last April's draft, has shown steady progress this spring. Although he still has a lot to learn, the 6-1, 197-pounder is slowly learning the intricate West Coast offense.

No, he won't be ready to take over a starter's role anytime soon. But should the Eagles open the season in September sans Owens, they will need Brown to be a contributor. "I want to start,'' Brown said Tuesday. "Of course, I want to start. I think everybody here wants to start. Just because I'm a rookie doesn't mean I don't want to start. I want to get in there and play.''

Right now, it's hard to say when Owens will be back or if he'll ever play for the Eagles again. Last week, quarterback Donovan McNabb said he thought Owens would be back by the time the team breaks for preseason camp at Lehigh University. However, linebacker Jeremiah Trotter, who claims to talk with Owens regularly, warned fans a few weeks back not to be so sure.

Owens is seeking to redo the seven-year deal he signed before the start of last season. The Eagles have said repeatedly they have no intention of upgrading his deal, meaning the stalemate could have several different conclusions.

Owens, realizing he can't get what he wants, could come back before training camp opens. He could sit out most of training camp before returning. Or he could hold out for part of the regular season, or possibly the entire season. There is also a possibility that the Eagles could trade Owens, although that seems unlikely considering salary cap limitations and how many problems he usually causes.

Brown is far from a lock to start even if Owens doesn't come back. Greg Lewis played very well down the stretch last season. No matter what twist the T.O. soap opera takes, Brown knows he'll need to be up to speed by the time the team travels to Atlanta on Sept 12 for opening night.

"I don't feel any pressure. I'd feel the same way even if T.O. was here,'' Brown said. "I'm just trying to get better every day, try to work hard and learn the system. They (coaching staff) keep adding on, but I'm just trying to take things in stride. I just have to keep studying. I have to keep on top of it. I don't want to get overwhelmed by it because then it's like an avalanche. But I think I've come a long way.''

So do the Eagles. "I don't have a crystal ball, but I just think he has done an extraordinary job here early with this many practices and just kind of assimilating everything,'' offensive coordinator Brad Childress said Monday. "Not only being in the right spot, but making plays when he's got in that right spot. Has he made mistakes? Sure, he's made more than his share, but he comes back too. He's very resilient. And he wants to do well; he's a bright-eyed guy. He doesn't usually make the same mistake twice. I think he has a great up side, and he's going to have his feet put to the fire early."

Lewis, one of the Eagles' experienced wide outs keeping an eye on Brown's progress, likes what he's seen so far. "He's excited about being here, and he's caught the ball pretty well,'' Lewis said. "He might drop one, but he doesn't get down on himself. He comes back and makes the next play. And that's a good thing to see from a young receiver.''

Just an interesting tidbit. TO lives in my hometown (Moorestown, NJ). One of my friends' parents live in TO's neighborhood (HUGE HUGE house), when i was driving by the other day, there is a big "For Sale" sign right up in front.Might not mean much though, considering Freddie Mitchell's house (also in Moorestown) was up on the market well before last season began.

Users who are viewing this thread