What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eagles vs Vikings - Week 6 (1 Viewer)

Whatever. Vikings played well but the Eagles were given no chances to win the game. No pass interference calls for them and 4 against is ridiculous.

Whatever. Vikings played well but the Eagles were given no chances to win the game. No pass interference calls for them and 4 against is ridiculous.
while this is a fair criticism, only one of the PI calls/no-calls was truly terrible. Continually whining about calls that, individually, weren't all that ridiculous is a bad look. More importantly, they didn't change this game. Vikings were better today

every fanbase has irrational fans. At least Eagles fans are passionate/informed and involved, if a bit irrational on game day :)
Other team fanbases are just jealous we are as passionate and informed as we are. Would you rather live in a city where they barely care about the team or be in a city where the fans are passionate and if you play like garbage they tell you about it? I'd rather play in a city where the fans tell me how they feel then play in a stadium with less then 20K a game. As much as I'd like to live in MIA for example I wouldn't be caught dead playing there. Same for ATL and a few other cities 

while this is a fair criticism, only one of the PI calls/no-calls was truly terrible. Continually whining about calls that, individually, weren't all that ridiculous is a bad look. More importantly, they didn't change this game. Vikings were better today
The non call on Agholars deep ball came when it was 17-3. We score there and it's a different game.

The non call on Agholars deep ball came when it was 17-3. We score there and it's a different game.
I get that, but it would have been as soft a call as some of them that went against the Eagles. Refs werent great/even but they rarely are...hometeam usually gets a bit more BOD, and today was no different

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think its about not having the calls as much as there were a few missed calls on the Vikings yet almost everyone close was called for us. For example the Ertz one. Yes he should've caught it but he was held blatantly and should've been a call. Then you let guys fight all game on the one side and the 2nd half we get called for a PI? It's just incredible inconsistent No one  knows what PI is anymore just like what is and what isn't a catch in the NFL anymore. The league needs to do a way better job defining what is and what isn't a foul. A good start would be to stop calling the tick tacky stuff where both guys are going after it or call a foul on both and off set it 

I get that, but it would have been as soft a call as some of them that went against the Eagles. Refs werent great/even but they rarely are...hometeam usually gets a bit more BOD, and today was no different
But it changes the way players play the game. The eagles got called for a defensive hold early and it caused our DBs to back off and Ultimately get torched. On offense, we didn't get those calls for our WRs so the Vikings DBs stayed aggressive. Changes the whole nature of the game.

If he was half as good as you all think he is you’d have a cpl decent ones by now
he has to see what he has in the young guys, so can't fault him galore. this game may have been the final nail in the coffin as Sid Jones as a potential long-term solution at CB. Also seeing how CB1, CB2 and CB3 are all still out, there is only so much to expect currently

But it changes the way players play the game. The eagles got called for a defensive hold early and it caused our DBs to back off and Ultimately get torched. On offense, we didn't get those calls for our WRs so the Vikings DBs stayed aggressive. Changes the whole nature of the game.
I think we need to point out that its the inconsistency of what is and what isn't called. 

same can be said for that awful PI on Sid Jones in beginning of 2nd half. Defense played differently after that. Was funny seeing Malcolm Jenkins sprint at the ref when it was assumed it would be illegal hit to the head

If he was half as good as you all think he is you’d have a cpl decent ones by now
last year was so bad injury-wise nobody really had a clue what we had for a secondary coming into this year. Personaly, I figured they'd be quite a bit better just getting a couple guys back from injury, including Jones, and with the experience the other young guys got.

Unfortunately, the injury bug has continued and the young guys haven't progressed nearly as much as one would have hoped. Still some time to gel, but doesn't look good at this point in the season

he has to see what he has in the young guys, so can't fault him galore. this game may have been the final nail in the coffin as Sid Jones as a potential long-term solution at CB
think it's a bit early to give up on him, but not a good start for his career for sure

same can be said for that awful PI on Sid Jones in beginning of 2nd half. Defense played differently after that. Was funny seeing Malcolm Jenkins sprint at the ref when it was assumed it would be illegal hit to the head
Tells you everything you need to know about the officials today. Compared to last nights game watching UF/LSU the refs were great all night. Yes a few different rules for DB's and such but the refs called it down the middle all game. Guys were allowed to play. Only calls that were made was the blatant ones. 

he has to see what he has in the young guys, so can't fault him galore. this game may have been the final nail in the coffin as Sid Jones as a potential long-term solution at CB. Also seeing how CB1, CB2 and CB3 are all still out, there is only so much to expect currently
Has anyone heard anything on Mills return? Is it still likely a week 8 return, later or done for the year? Such a weird injury for him. I was never big on Sid Jones as many know. I didn't like taking him in the 2nd round. I was comfortable taking him in the 4th or later if still there but a 2nd rounder needs to be making impact if he's not starting the 1st half of the season by the 2nd half of the year making an impact in some way. Dude seems like he's just way too injury prone at this point. Can't even trust him at this point as a long term solution. It's not just his poor play but how can you trust a guy who has availability issues at this point to take a Mike Mayock term here. 

At least we have one. Keep talking. Ask the Dallas fans how that went when it comes to playoff time. Get back to me when your team wins a SB. Until then you are beneath us 
Be more cool if you want to keep posting here. If you don't agree you're being uncool, find a new board.

Users who are viewing this thread