What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Early season rookie draft rankings/rankings (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
BR rookie draft rankings.

They put out this list but at the link they note a few things that will likely change.

They don't state if its redraft or dynasty formats or if they compiled this list with standard scoring or PPR in mind.

Haven't seen many lists that break out rookies and rank them for fantasy.

If you don't like it then take two seconds and show us your rankings. Its interesting to see how rookies are ranked especially if people not just disagree but show how they would rank the rooks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2147348-early-trends-in-2014-fantasy-football-drafts

Early Trends in 2014 Fantasy Football Drafts

By

Eric Mack , Fantasy Football Lead Writer

Jul 31, 2014

Rookie Rankings

Fantasy players are creatures of habit. They tend to use historical perceptions of players and last year's stat sheets to determine their draft values. They have some missing code in their DNA when it comes to rookies. Those guys have no track record to fall back on.

We give you a rough guide for how the top rookies are slotted right now through my rankings at B/R, consensus rankings, ADP data and some recent drafts.

1. RB Bishop Sankey TEM

2. WR Sammy Watkins BUF

3. WR Mike Evans TB

4. RB Terrance West CLE

5. RB Jeremy Hill CIN

6. WR Brandon Cooks NO

7. WR Kelvin Benjamin CAR

8. RB Tre Mason STL

9. RB Carlos Hyde SF

10 TE Eric Ebron DET

11 RB Devonta Freeman ATL

12 WR Odell Beckam Jr. NYG

13 QB Johnny Manziel CLE

14 WR Jordan Mathews PHI

15 RB Andre Williams NYG

16 QB Teddy Bridgewater MIN

17 WR Marquise Lee JAC

18 RB James White NE

19 WR Cody Latimer DEN

20 TE Jace Amaro NYJ

Taking some camp news in to consideration and merging my pre-draft/post draft rankings I would rank the top ten like this today.

1. Sankey

2. Matthews

3. Cooks

4. Evans

5. Watkins

6. Latimer

7. Hyde

8. Bridgewater

9. ASJ

10. Robinson

This is def the year to get your WR if you need them in dynasty.

I'm higher on Sankey than most here but I liked him a lot during the college season last year and was kind of talked out of it by posters on this board. I watch tape on him again and I love his vision, compact running style, versatility, and his current situation. He looked great at the combine to.

Matthews is going to be a star. He is great at fighting for contested balls. Plus he has take the top off of defenses speed coupled with elite size. A little light in the shorts but def not small. He is going to catch double digit TD's in the future plus be a major cog in Chip Kelly's offense. If you have a chance to draft him and you don't...........You're going to regret it.

I don't like betting on small WR but I have to admit there are still some elite WR that are under 6'2. It just happens less frequently. That being said if I was to build a WR that was 5'10 or smaller he would play like Cooks. He is amazing. That being said he is not going to get much looks in the red zone so he may be more of a boom or bust type WR in that offense which could cap his potential. I like him a ,ot more in PPR leagues moving forward.

Evans was my #1 WR before the draft. I like where he went but how many TD's is he going to catch with 3 huge receiving options in the red zone? Ugh. The red zone is where he is going to make his money if he is going to be successful in the NFL

Watkins has looked good in camp. Heard some whispers of a few drops but he's been flashing for sure. Hate where he landed. I don't think he will ever be a big time red zone target which will limit his upside. He still has the potential to be the best WR in this draft but he's going to win with his route running, elite acceleration, and great hands (I hope).

Latimer is flashing in camp already. Kids insane good. Has a good chance of being elite. Problem is if this is Manning's last year in Denver. Who is going to play QB? I wish he would have went somewhere else.

Hyde is moving up the depth chart and has been flashing a little in camp I hear. He's a 3 down back which is super valuable in FF now. Great chance for 150+ touches this year and maybe more. Gore is pretty old and slowing down.

Bridgewater should have been the #1 in the draft this year. It looks like he has a great chance to start day one.

ASJ is my sleeper pick. He's a red zone force. He's got a little Gronk in him. He's huge, relatively fast, jumps out of the gym, and has borderline elite hands.

Robinson went to a terrible situation. First Lee was the first WR drafted on his team. Second Bortles sucks. I love Robinson's tape plus his age. Granted he's a little slow but he sets up his routes well and he is big with great hands and leaping ability. I see a little Dez in him. Still if you draft him you are going to be waiting a little while for him to pop imo. Sucks for him.

Since I brought up the challenge, here is how I have them currently ranked.

I am not going with a top-ten but a sweet-sixteen list broken out in tiers.

TOP THREE TIER

1. WR Sammy Watkins BUF

2. WR Brandon Cooks NO

3. RB Bishop Sankey TEN

===================

SECOND TIER

4. WR Mike Evans TB

-----------------------------

THIRD TIER

5. WR Cody Latimer DEN

6. RB Carlos Hyde SF

7. WR Jordan Mathews PHI

---------------------------

THE REST

8. WR Kelvin Benjamin CAR

9. QB Teddy Bridgewater MIN

10 RB Terrance West CLE

11 RB Jeremy Hill CIN

12 WR Marquise Lee JAC

13 QB Johnny Manziel CLE

14 WR John Brown ARI

15 RB Tre Mason STL

16 WR Odell Beckam Jr. NYG

- Sammy appears to be the real-deal.

- Loving what I'm hearing about Saints WR Brandon Cooks.

- Sankey seems fast tracked for success.

- Huge target in Evans with an established huge target on the oppositie side of the field.

- I like Cody pre-draft and love his landing spot but he's fourth on the depth chart.

- Luv Hyde and the competition is falling by the wayside.

- Mathews has a big opportunity.

- Benjamin also has a great opportunity.

- Teddy is taking first team reps and has AdP.

- Terrance West is flashing in camp.

- Liked Hill's talent pre-draft but might take some time.

- Marquise Lee is getting his opportunity on a silver platter.

- Johnny will need time but he's got unique skills that translate to fantasy.

- John Brown is getting rave camp reviews.

- Luv Tre's talent.

- Odell is struggling now but I like the talent.

Evans being anything other than tier 1 fot fantasy is ludicrous

Check out his end zone magic so far in TC opposite vjax

Milkman said:
Taking some camp news in to consideration and merging my pre-draft/post draft rankings I would rank the top ten like this today.

1. Sankey

2. Matthews

3. Cooks

4. Evans

5. Watkins

6. Latimer

7. Hyde

8. Bridgewater

9. ASJ

10. Robinson

ASJ is my sleeper pick. He's a red zone force. He's got a little Gronk in him. He's huge, relatively fast, jumps out of the gym, and has borderline elite hands.
Tough for rookie TEs to make an impact.

The history doesn't bode well for getting enough snap counts to be productive.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/07/24/rookie-impact-tight-ends/

Rookie Impact: Tight EndsSteve Palazzolo | July 24, 2014

The 2014 draft saw one tight end drafted in the first round (Eric Ebron, Detroit Lions), while Austin Seferian-Jenkins (Bucs), Jace Amaro (Jets), and Troy Niklas (Cardinals) heard their names called in the second round with another six coming off the board throughout the rest of the draft.

What does recent history tell us about where to set our first-year expectations?
... Very few rookies step right into an every-down role in Year 1 as only nine tight ends have logged at least 600 snaps in their first season since we started tracking in 2007.

Of the nine players with at least 600 first-year snaps, only Bengals teammates Jermaine Gresham and Tyler Eifert were first-round draft picks, showing that even the most highly-touted tight ends have a tough time contributing on more than just a part-time basis in their first season...

... Many high- and mid-round picks fall into the 300-500 snap range ...
They provide a distribution scatter chart and you can see the vast majority of rookie TEs fall well below the average of 300 to 500 snaps (heaviest distribution is well under 50 snaps) but that is for all rookies, not just the top picks.

They don't break-out the rookies by draft selection but here is the chart.

The chart of rookie TEs on the horizontal axis it shows how many snaps they got and on the verticle they have the PFF grades.

Pretty stark just on the snap counts even if you want to take exception to the PFF grades.

Bottom line, tough for any rookie TE to make an impact.

Click to enlarge:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/TE-Scatter-Graph.png

Not saying ASJ won't blow up Gronk-style but the odds are stacked against it.

Yeah Bracie I might have misunderstood your OP. Disregard my rankings if it's a ranking of rookies for this year. My rankings are how I would rank them in dynasty. I agree it's a long shot the ASJ makes much of an impact this year.

The original article rankings doesn't indicate dynasty or redraft or even stadnard or PRR scoring so I was going wtih a mash-up of everything in general rankings.

I'd noticed the same thing with rookie TEs that the PFF article noted, that they don't make much impact their rookie seasons so I was just passing that along since it was a good article with solid data and applied here.

I'm in the market for a rookie TE and hadn't heard much on ASJ so thanks for the tip. :thumbup:

I'll keep an eye on what he does.

He's huge. He has a 37+ vert to go along with borderline elite hands. Plus he's shown he can excel in the red zone. Good chance him and Evans kind of cancel each other out in tge red zone though.

I always love when people try to talk up a TE as having a shot to produce and somebody says "Tough for rookie TEs to make an impact." or something along those lines.

Does that mean that they never have an impact? Does that mean that a TE this year has no shot? Yes, many of us are very aware how hard it is for a TE to produce as a rookie, but that excuse is as meaningless as the "RB decline comments." Just going to those responses is an attempt to eliminate any discussion as if it is not possible for the opposite to happen.

Some probably said the same thing about Gronk coming out, he produced. There will be more Gronks entering the league, can any of these TEs be it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I always love when people try to talk up a TE as having a shot to produce and somebody says "Tough for rookie TEs to make an impact." or something along those lines.

Does that mean that they never have an impact? Does that mean that a TE this year has no shot? Yes, many of us are very aware how hard it is for a TE to produce as a rookie, but that excuse is as meaningless as the "RB decline comments." Just going to those responses is an attempt to eliminate any discussion as if it is not possible for the opposite to happen.

Some probably said the same thing about Gronk coming out, he produced. There will be more Gronks entering the league, can any of these TEs be it?
Did you bother to read the post?

Not only does it provide all of the data including the outliners who produced like Gronk but it gives the real hard data.

TEs average in the 300 to 500 snap counts as rookies.

That is the average but the highest distribution is under 50 snaps for rookie TEs.

Pointing out the exception proves the rule.

For comparison's sake, rookie WRs average ~ 700 snaps their first season.

Nearly 300 more snaps to make an impact.

So in making rookie rankings where both redraft and dynasty rankings would be mashed together along with both standard and PPR scoring noting the top rookies, it simply is tougher for a rookie TE to make an impact.

Milkman said:

1. Sankey

2. Matthews

3. Cooks

4. Evans

5. Watkins

6. Latimer

7. Hyde

8. Bridgewater

9. ASJ

10. Robinson

Evans was my #1 WR before the draft. I like where he went but how many TD's is he going to catch with 3 huge receiving options in the red zone? Ugh. The red zone is where he is going to make his money if he is going to be successful in the NFL

Watkins has looked good in camp. Heard some whispers of a few drops but he's been flashing for sure. Hate where he landed. I don't think he will ever be a big time red zone target which will limit his upside. He still has the potential to be the best WR in this draft but he's going to win with his route running, elite acceleration, and great hands (I hope).
I think you're underestimating both of these guys.

For Watkins to go to the Bills it might have better implications for his fantasy value. Most people probably don't except the Bills to running the Ball and closing out a game in the 4th quarter. Plus, the Bills want to be the fastest team in the league which should help boost his target or at least chance at targets. Watkins at 6'1" isn't tiny either. Is he the fade route guy? Probably not but he is big enough to run a goal line quick slant and box out a defender. And can win a fade route when corners cheat to the slant.

Evans is a jump ball/contested catch guy. I think VJax is awesome but he doesn't play as physical Evans. On the other hand though defenses have to put their primary focus on Jackson on Evans proves them otherwise. ASJ is the unknown. As stated, rookie TEs rarely have a high production or snap counts. I don't think ASJ is special enough as an explosive athlete (referring to burst and elusiveness) at this point that he forces Lovie to keep him on the field. So, just doing strictly off of the redzone production he will probably need to improve his in line blocking and strength before he grabs that spot. The other thing will Evans is that keeps working on broken plays and truly fights for the ball. He could become a safety blanket for McCown.

I'm not sure how much of a gap you have between Cooks/Mathews and Watkins/Evans but be cautious. I'm not saying you're wrong or unjustified, just be cautious. Brees spreads the ball around and Cooks, at best, will be the #2 target behind Graham. With Mathews, it's Chip Kelly's second year with his offense so we will see how he adjusts after DCs have a year of NFL tape on his system. Kellys' system is also (by design) not overly meant to target players. They are just cogs in the system. Maclin, Cooper, Ertz, McCoy, Sproles are all going to see targets. Plus, guys like Huff and a few others. The Eagles last year were 6th worst in passing attempt and 9th worst in completions. Again, I'm not disputing your points for Cooks or Mathews but we all get excited for a player and start viewing them through the sunshine and flower glasses.

I'm still a little confused in regards to the OP's direction but i have all 4 of those WR relatively close in dynasty. I have been fighting moving Cooks up because I don't value WR that aren't red zone threats as high due to their volatility. If you're in a PPR it's hard not to like him though.

Nik is more of a blocker, he is not the pure pass catcher that the other are. He may be a great TE, but probably not a great FF TE

Some rookie updates.

Grades for all first round picks after the first preseason game.

Go to the link for the full write-up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2160128-nfl-preseason-2014-report-card-grades-for-all-1st-round-rookies-after-week-1

NFL Preseason 2014: Report Card Grades for All 1st-Round Rookies After Week 1

By

Dan Hope , Featured Columnist

Aug 12, 2014

1. Jadeveon Clowney, OLB, Houston Texans

Grade B

2. Greg Robinson, LG, St. Louis Rams

Grade B

3. Blake Bortles, QB, Jacksonville Jaguars

Grade A

4. Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo Bills

Grade B-

5. Khalil Mack, SLB, Oakland Raiders

Grade C-

6. Jake Matthews, RT, Atlanta Falcons

Grade D+

7. Mike Evans, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Grade C

8. Justin Gilbert, CB, Cleveland Browns

Grade DNP

9. Anthony Barr, SLB, Minnesota Vikings

Grade C

10. Eric Ebron, TE, Detroit Lions

Grade C-

11. Taylor Lewan, OT, Tennessee Titans

Grade B+

12. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants

Grade DNP

13. Aaron Donald, DT, St. Louis Rams

Grade A-

14. Kyle Fuller, CB, Chicago Bears

Grade B

15. Ryan Shazier, ILB, Pittsburgh Steelers

Grade DNP

16. Zack Martin, RG, , Dallas Cowboys

Grade B+

17. C.J. Mosley, ILB, Baltimore Ravens

Grade A-

18. Calvin Pryor, S, New York Jets

Grade DNP

19. Ja’Wuan James, RT, Miami Dophins

Grade B

20. Brandin Cooks Cooks, New Orleans Saints

Grade A

21. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Green Bay Packers

Grade B-

22. Johnny Manziel, QB, Cleveland Browns

Grade B-

23. Dee Ford, OLB, Kansas City Chiefs

Grade B

24. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Cincinnati Bengals

Grade C

25. Jason Verrett, CB, San Diego Chargers

Grade DNP

26. Marcus Smith, OLB, Philadelphia

Grade B-

27. Deone Bucanon, SS, Arizona

Grade C+

28. Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Carolina

Grade B

29. Dominique Easley, DT, New England

Grade DNP

30. Jimmie Ward, CB/S San Francisco 49ers

Grade B

31. Bradley Roby, CB, Denver Broncos

Grade C

32. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Minnesota Vikings

Grade C

Which rookies have been turning heads in camp?

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/which-rookies-are-turning-heads-at-nfl-training-camps/

Which Rookies Are Turning Heads at NFL Training Camps?

Brandin Cooks, Saints WR (First Round, 20th Overall)

“I think what’s great is you have young players who are back there that are sitting there watching the guys who have been here for a little bit and the subtle adjustments that come within the framework of our offense. They say, ‘Ah, OK. So that’s how you get open against that coverage.’ …

“This early in camp, for that to just look like it’s automatic like we’ve been doing that for five years, that’s great to see.” —Drew Brees,

via the New Orleans Times-Picayune

I picked that quote from Brees, but there are plenty to choose from. No rookie has gotten the amount of attention and praise heaped on him like Cooks has in the past few weeks. Based on what the Saints gave up to get him, they obviously coveted him, and it sounds like he hasn’t disappointed. Marques Colston is 31 and Darren Sproles is gone. Cooks can do a little of everything for New Orleans’s offense, and the Saints need someone like that. After spending some time with Cooks in the lead-up to the draft, I can say that none of this is surprising.

John Brown, Cardinals WR (Third Round)

“I haven’t seen a rookie come in and do what he’s done — and it’s early still — since Anquan Boldin. This guy came through the first day, and being from Pittsburg State, has uncanny instincts, unbelievable understanding of route concepts, leverage, being in the right spot at the right time. On top of great ball skills, he has unusual speed and explosiveness. You add all that in combination, and it’s amazing this guy who came from Pittsburg State can do this. Through this part of camp, I haven’t seen any of our players cover him, and I think you’d probably be able to put on the Texans tape and realize they didn’t have anybody to cover him.” —Cardinals GM Steve Keim

Keim said this to me yesterday, right after Brown made yet another catch during a Cardinals practice. It’s an extension of what Keim said earlier this week, about how his secondary ­— a group that includes Patrick Peterson — couldn’t cover a 5-foot-10 third-round pick from Pittsburg State (which is actually in Kansas, by the way; I had to look that up). Brown ran a 4.3 at the combine, and he adds a speed element to the Cardinals’ offense that they didn’t have a year ago. “He had five for 87 in the first half [against Houston],” Keim said. “If you watch the film, he probably should have had seven or eight for about 200.”

Listening to Keim talk about Brown is fun. He’s clearly loved him for a while, and he’s taking some pleasure in seeing Brown, whom some considered a reach, pan out better than he could have imagined. The Cardinals had “huge grades on the guy,” and the question was how long they would feel comfortable waiting while still having the chance to get him. Keim knew that the top of the fourth was “too chancy,” so he pulled the trigger with Arizona’s second of two third-round picks. “Would we have been irate if John Brown had gone off the board in the top of three? Absolutely. There probably would have been some holes in the wall in our facility.”

Terrance West, Browns RB (Third Round)

“I was a little shocked with Terrance today. I had to double check my roster card to make sure I was looking at the right number. He did some nice things in the one-on-one period. That’s always a bonus when you have a running back that’s not just one-dimensional.” —Browns head coach Mike Pettine, via ClevelandBrowns.com

During the Browns-Lions game on Saturday, I had a similar reaction when I saw West carry the ball. He’s a “Who was that?” type of running back, which isn’t easy to do for a guy built like he is (5-foot-9, 225 pounds). West was video-game productive at Towson, piling up 2,519 yards and 41 — seriously, 41 — touchdowns his senior year. I think it would be a surprise if he didn’t get a decent amount of work behind Ben Tate.

C.J. Mosley, Ravens ILB (First Round, 17th Overall)

“It took me two years, three years, to really feel like I got the grasp of NFL football, and it looks like C.J. is not going to have a problem with that.” —Terrell Suggs, via BaltimoreRavens.com

Anyone who says a first-round pick should be getting that kind of review from a teammate — and former Defensive Player of the Year — doesn’t know how many early picks tend to flame out.

When Baltimore took Mosley, it was the sort of pick that just made everyone nod in agreement, but the transition for a lot of Alabama linebackers hasn’t exactly been smooth. Rolando McClain is the obvious example, but Dont’a Hightower has come along slowly for the Patriots. After taking Arthur Brown in the second round last year and re-signing Daryl Smith, there’s no guarantee that Mosley will start, but things seem to be pointing that way.

Devon Kennard, Giants LB (Fifth Round)

“He played at USC and he played under four different coordinators there and played four different positions. So I think he kind of got lost in the college shuffle a little bit. Again, we’ve got to go out and see him in live games, but based on what you see of him on film, he’s not going to shy away from that part of it. He’s calm, cool and collected. It’s the speed of the game that’s the question, and we’ll see how he plays. But based on what we do out here, I don’t think he’s going to have a problem.”Giants linebackers coach Jim Herrmann, via Dan Graziano of ESPN.com

There are three factors that can push a fifth-round pick into a starting job as a rookie: a depleted roster, injuries leading to a depleted roster, or said fifth-round pick blowing everybody away in practice. With Kennard, it’s likely a combination of all three.

Kennard is getting some work with the Giants’ no. 1 defense. Routinely being the guy delivering the “oooh” shots in practice has certainly helped his case. Finding in-house, drafted talent to effectively fill those linebacker spots has been a problem for the Giants for a while now. Hopefully Kennard can be the start to an answer.

Jordan Matthews, Eagles WR (Second Round)

“He can play anywhere. He’s got size. He’s good against bump-and-run coverage. His spacial awareness is good. There are different combinations of things that can happen when you’re inside as opposed to outside. He kind of has a good feel for that. You’ve been able to see in camp that he’s been able to get open and make plays.” —Eagles offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur, via the Philadelphia Daily News

There are a few takeaways you can get just from looking at Jordan Matthews. The first is that Chip Kelly likes to go big, especially with his receivers. It’s one of the posited reasons that he was willing to part with DeSean Jackson. Matthews is also indicative of the changing look of slot receivers across the league. No longer is the inside reserved for tiny, shifty receivers. Both Brandon Marshall and Larry Fitzgerald ran nearly half their routes from the slot a year ago, and Matthews follows that trend. The goal, it seems, is to get a big target taking advantage of the most important area on the field. Everything out of Eagles camp suggests that Matthews will be a part of the first-team offense when Philadelphia is using three receivers, but he’ll be doing it from the slot.

In my one re-draft/keeper league, we do a rookie draft before our actual draft. I have the 12th pick this year (will get to keep my rookie for an 8th next year). Hoping to snag Devonta Freeman at 12 or maybe Jordan Matthews.

Top Twenty fantasy rookie list updated by Fabio.

Go to the link for the full write-up.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000349705

Aug. 5, 2014 at 09:37 p.m.

Top 20 Fantasy Rookies

Michael Fabiano

NFL Media Senior fantasy analyst | Associated Press

If we have learned anything in recent seasons, it's that rookies can come in and make an instant impact both in the stat sheets and in fantasy football. Owners who drafted Robert Griffin III, Eddie Lacy or Keenan Allen (to name a few) over the last couple of years can attest to that. So, who are the first-year players with the most potential for the 2014 campaign? Here's a look at 20 rookies you should target

20. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Minnesota Vikings

19. Martavis Bryant, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers

18. Tre Mason, RB, St. Louis Rams

17. Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Chicago Bears

16. Odell Beckham, WR, New York Giants

15. Devonta Freeman, RB, Atlanta Falcons

14. Jordan Matthews, WR, Philadelphia Eagles

13. Charles Sims, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

12. Eric Ebron, TE, Detroit Lions

11. Marqise Lee, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars

10. Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Carolina Panthers

No rookie wideout entered a better situation than Benjamin, who was a favorite to start the second he was selected. The Panthers have to love his size (6-foot-5, 240 pounds), which will no doubt benefit him as a red-zone threat for Cam Newton. With that said, the Florida State product is a bit of a boom-or-bust prospect who wouldn't have as much fantasy appeal elsewhere. He'll clearly be on the late-round radar in re-drafts.

9. Jeremy Hill, RB, Cincinnati Bengals

Hill is a player fantasy owners need to monitor in the summer months. He's entering a crowded backfield with Giovani Bernard and BenJarvus Green-Ellis ahead of him on the depth chart, but an impressive camp could push him ahead of the Law Firm for some short-yardage and goal-line work. If that happens, he'll have some late-round appeal in re-drafts. Hill is no threat to Bernard, who should break out for owners in 2014.

8. Andre Williams, RB, New York Giants

Williams appears set for a big role in New York, as the team has lost David Wilson and has only Rashad Jennings ahead of him on the depth chart. The rookie is a potential goal-line runner for Tom Coughlin, so scoring six to eight touchdowns isn't out of the question. Consider him in the later rounds of re-drafts as a deep sleeper with added value in touchdown-based formats.

7. Carlos Hyde, RB, San Francisco 49ers

Hyde was considered one of the most talented runners in the 2014 class, but he landed in a terrible spot for his re-draft value. The Ohio State product joins a backfield riddled with injuries, as Kendall Hunter was waived by the 49ers after tearing his ACL in camp, while LaMichael James is at less than 100 percent. While he won't pass Frank Gore on the depth chart, Hyde should emerge as a nice handcuff somewhere in the later rounds.

6. Johnny Manziel, QB, Cleveland Browns

There are few things I like in fantasy football more than a playmaking quarterback who can run with the football. Enter Manziel, who rushed for over 2,000 yards and 30 touchdowns in two seasons at Texas A&M, and you have a surefire fantasy sleeper. He shouldn't be picked in re-drafts if Brian Hoyer opens the season as the starter, but Manziel is a player to keep a very close eye on during camp.

5. Mike Evans, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

A physical wideout with good size, Evans has drawn comparisons to his new teammate, Vincent Jackson. Not only can he make plays with the football, but he's also a strong run blocker who has the potential to be a No. 1 NFL receiver as his career progresses. Evans isn't likely to make a massive impact as a rookie, so fantasy owners shouldn't reach for him in re-drafts. Consider him a No. 4 option in 2014.

4. Brandin Cooks, WR, New Orleans Saints

Any time a wide receiver has a superstar quarterback like Drew Brees under center, he's going to have some value in fantasy land. Enter Cooks, who won the 2013 Biletnikoff Award for the nation's top wideout. A dynamic playmaker who will use his speed to his advantage on the fast track of the Superdome, Cooks could come in and make an impact in the vertical pass attack. He'll be picked in re-drafts and dynasty formats.

3. Terrance West, RB, Cleveland Browns

West, a collegiate star at Towson, rushed for over 4,800 yards and 84 touchdowns as an FCS runner. While Ben Tate is the unquestioned starter for the Browns, he has had his share of injuries at the NFL level. Since West is the favorite to emerge past the likes of Chris Ogbonnaya and Dion Lewis, he'll be a viable handcuff in the late rounds for owners who land Tate. He'll hold some low-end, deep-sleeper appeal.

2. Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo Bills

The most talented wideout in the 2014 rookie class, Watkins is in a great position to succeed right out of the gate. The Bills traded Steve Johnson (49ers), so he's the clear-cut No. 1 wideout for quarterback EJ Manuel. That makes Watkins the favorite to be this season's edition of Keenan Allen, at least from a statistical perspective. He's best served as a borderline No. 3 or 4 fantasy wideout in most re-drafts.

1. Bishop Sankey, RB, Tennessee Titans

Sankey, who was the top-rated rookie runner of NFL Media draft guru Mike Mayock, has landed in a perfect spot to make a big statistical impact. The Titans have a vacant spot atop their depth chart after the release of Chris Johnson (Jets), and Sankey has to be considered the favorite to grab it ahead of Shonn Greene and his problematic right knee. Sankey has flex-starter potential in re-drafts across the board.

Biggest changes from post draft to now....

Risers:

Cook

Benjamin

Hyde

Mathews (even despite his dissapointing his game)

Brown

Bortles

Fallers

Evans (slightly, just have not heard much)

Ebron

Lee

Beckham Jr.

is this for re-draft? or we talking dynasty if we picked now?

For re-draft I think Rb is pretty simple

1 - Sankey

---------------

2 - Andre Williams ( In TD heavy leagues this dude could be a SOD)

3 - Davonta Freeman

----------------

these guys need injuries in front of them to get a real opportunity this year

4 - Carlos Hyde

5 - Tre Mason

6- Terrence West

For re-draft WR

1 - Brandin Cooks

2 - Kelvin Benjamin - really like him in TD heavy leagues could be #1 there

------------------------------

3- Sammy Watkins - simply dont like EJ Manuel, situation is everything in re-draft

4- Jordan Mathews - think he gets a chance to put up good PPR numbers

5 - Mike Evans - could be a year away in re-draft, has Vjax to deal with too.

--------------------------------

6 - Marquis Lee

7 - Cody latimer - just because a Peyton weapon always has a chance

8 - Devante Adams

A few people have asked so AFIC I am primarily interested in dynasty rankings of rookies but I also am interested in how they rank rookies for redraft, especially for RBs since rookie RBs can produce right out of the gates and even in a dynasty format if you own a rookie RB who is producing his value tends to rise over any perceived long-distance dynasty value so they can be highly valuable 'tradable' commodities IMHO.

Some more rookie feedback from different NFL sources.

Piling on the luv for rookies already mentioned:

- ARI WR John Brown

- ATL RB Devonte Freeman

- NO WR Brandon Cooks

-NYG RB Andre Brown

- CLE RB Terrance West

And a mention of CLE QB Johnny Manziel.

==========================================

Alex Gelhar NFL Media Editor

Blue and Brown

In addition, a sleeper to watch is

Arizona Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown. The Pittsburg State alum has drawn mountains of praise this offseason, and showed why with a five-catch, 87-yard performance over the weekend. Brown ran with the first team, and even hauled in a 25-yard catch in traffic from Carson Palmer. Again, rookie wide receivers are risky fantasy investments, but Brown could likely be had in one of the very last rounds and could post T.Y. Hilton-esque rookie numbers (50 catches, 861 yards, seven touchdowns) in Bruce Arians' offense.

Marcas Grant NFL Media Fantasy Editor

Let him Cooks
Sometimes it's hard to separate training camp hype from training camp reality, but everything we heard about Brandin Cooks appears to be the truth. The rookie receiver has terrorized his defensive teammates in practice and did the same to the Rams defense on Friday night. As the summer has progressed, my fantasy crush on Cooks has only grown. Nothing I saw this weekend did anything to diminish that. Of course we've preached ad nauseum about the danger of ranking rookie receivers too highly ... that certainly applies to Cooks. But the young man from Oregon State could be a featured player in one of the league's most high-powered offenses. He has the potential to be a nice WR4 option with production similar to what we saw from Cordarrelle Patterson last season.

James Koh NFL Media Reporter

Adam Rank NFL.com Writer

Enjoy your Freeman
Well since it is MCM (man crush Monday), it's worth pointing out Atlanta Falcons running back Devonta Freeman has threatened to push aside Terrance West as the apple of my fantasy football eye this summer. Freeman has been given an opportunity to showcase his talents in the wake on Steven Jackson's injury during training camp. Freeman had a monster game in his debut with 107 scrimmage yards, which makes me feel better about my John Cena shoe challenge. (If Freeman doesn't get 200 touches this year, I will purchase a pair of these shoes to wear on NFL Network.)

But West held his own this weekend, too, and looked pretty solid. The Browns should just cut to the chase and have Johnny Manziel and West lead the offense.
I'm sure lists will change but great lists and especially like to see who everyone feels are risers/fallers. Good stuff. :thumbup:

Keep em coming.

Users who are viewing this thread