What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Earth, Wind and Fire (1 Viewer)

I agree, they have good stuff. Especially the older stuff. Same as Kool & the Gang.
They were more versitile & consistent than Kool was. EWF had a run in the 70s that matches up very well with the best, most consistent artists of the decade - Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Zep, Stones, P-Funk, and Steely Dan.

I agree, they have good stuff. Especially the older stuff. Same as Kool & the Gang.
They were more versitile & consistent than Kool was. EWF had a run in the 70s that matches up very well with the best, most consistent artists of the decade - Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Zep, Stones, P-Funk, and Steely Dan.
Just personal preference I guess, but I like Kool & the Gang's early jazz ensemble/quiet storm stuff the most. Both are really good though.

Their live version of the song Reasons is what turned me onto the sax.
Don't know about the sax, but that is one slow dance that led to the secks back in the day. Last song of the night, 10 minutes of grindin'...You picked your partner wisely..

Just personal preference I guess, but I like Kool & the Gang's early jazz ensemble/quiet storm stuff the most. Both are really good though.
It's all good. I love Kool too (early to mid 70s funk is tops for me). They had about 4 different incarnations where they didn't sound like the same band as the others at all. EWF could do all of the stuff Kool did across their entire career on one album. That's what I meant by versitile.

Great band.

You don't get a prominent mention in Fast Times At Ridgemont High if you're not solid.

EWF's mostly-live album "Gratitude" has been my house-cleaning music choice for 35 yrs. That their Phil Bailey slowjam stuff is better remembered has some forgetting how well they kicked it backinaday. Be energized by that recording TODAY & i'll accept your Gratitude later.

Users who are viewing this thread