What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

East Bound and Down (1 Viewer)

Season 2 of HBO’s “Eastbound & Down” will take place in Mexico, where fallen baseball star Kenny Powers (Danny McBride) has gone after leaving North Carolina at the end of the brief but brilliant first season. Michael Pena (Crash) and Ana de la Reguera (Nacho Libre, Cop Out) will join the cast.In Season 2, hiding from his problems, Kenny finds himself in Mexico where he joins a local baseball team. Pena will play Kenny’s friend and owner of the baseball team he joins. De la Reguera will play Kenny’s love interest in Mexico.Because of the new setting, most of the cast members from Season 1 of the show will have little or no presence next season with the exception of Steve Little whose character Stevie Janowski will track Danny down in Mexico. Casting is underway for the role of Kenny’s father.
I think that I read this before and forgot about it, but it is effin' brilliant.

2-day golf trip with 8 guys this weekend renting a big house...brought Season 1.....talk about the perfect entertainment for that setting.

Season 2 of HBO’s “Eastbound & Down” will take place in Mexico, where fallen baseball star Kenny Powers (Danny McBride) has gone after leaving North Carolina at the end of the brief but brilliant first season. Michael Pena (Crash) and Ana de la Reguera (Nacho Libre, Cop Out) will join the cast.In Season 2, hiding from his problems, Kenny finds himself in Mexico where he joins a local baseball team. Pena will play Kenny’s friend and owner of the baseball team he joins. De la Reguera will play Kenny’s love interest in Mexico.Because of the new setting, most of the cast members from Season 1 of the show will have little or no presence next season with the exception of Steve Little whose character Stevie Janowski will track Danny down in Mexico. Casting is underway for the role of Kenny’s father.
I think that I read this before and forgot about it, but it is effin' brilliant.
Good #### that they still are bringing Stevie back. That guy is a great character.

gump said:
2-day golf trip with 8 guys this weekend renting a big house...brought Season 1.....talk about the perfect entertainment for that setting.
You guys are off the hook. What kind of pizza did you order?

The small dude (midget?) riding in the side car was money. I think Kenny Powers was trying to hold back from laughing when the little guy was gonna cut off that guys penis, and ####.

I liked how Kenny kept getting frustrated with everyone because of the language barrier since they couldn't speak english.

Guess I should update the subtitle.

Anyone know somewhere to watch this online? I no longer get HBO, and prefer not to use torrents if possible.

The speech at the end of the episode when he revealed himself was awesome. lol at him riding the motorcycle right up to the pitchers mound, "I reveal myself upon to you today...Behold my rookie card. You could have just gone on the computer....I hate computers ALL KINDS!"

"If this was America you'd have a radar gun and it would read 101"

Last edited by a moderator:
The speech at the end of the episode when he revealed himself was awesome. lol at him riding the motorcycle right up to the pitchers mound, "I reveal myself upon to you today...Behold my rookie card. You could have just gone on the computer....I hate computers ALL KINDS!"

"If this was America you'd have a radar gun and it would read 101"
Loved the homage to Bad News Bears

Great stuff

- Aaron in a Sidecar

- Sax player from Lost Boys (the miming of playing the sax was great)

- Big Red buried in a cooler

- "Behold! It's my rookie card."

I cannot imagine how someone could not think this show is hilarious. EASILY my favorite comedy right now.

Stevie in the bathtub after getting shot was :unsure: :cry: :lmao:

And coming into the stadium to "Real American"... :lol:

Just discover they show a few weeks ago...jammed through the first season in a couple of days. Got one unwatched episode from season II waiting for me at home. Love it.

I knew they were going to be hard pressed to top Season 1 but Season 2 is definitely watchable. As someone said, uneven at times but definitely strokes of comic genius.

I miss the characters from Season 1 though. Hope they weave them back in the story.

I cannot imagine how someone could not think this show is hilarious. EASILY my favorite comedy right now.

Stevie in the bathtub after getting shot was :thumbdown: :cry: :thumbup:

And coming into the stadium to "Real American"... :lol:
I told my wife I thought this was the best accidental shooting ever on film.

Love the show, but the guy who plays Stevie gets on every last nerve I have. Just AWFUL.
He's the best character on the show, imo. The scene when the woman drove up to Kenny and Stevie was my favorite. Stevie thinking the woman was talking to him at first and then throwing up later in the conversation both had me laughing out loud.

after the first episode, I wasn't sure about this season. but after episode 2, I'm back on board. probably one of the funniest episodes of the entire series.

woman: "Steve! where have you been?"

Stevie: "I just got into town, so I..."

Kenny: "she's not talking to you, dip####."

:jawdrop:

Tuco said:
Love the show, but the guy who plays Stevie gets on every last nerve I have. Just AWFUL.
He's the best character on the show, imo. The scene when the woman drove up to Kenny and Stevie was my favorite. Stevie thinking the woman was talking to him at first and then throwing up later in the conversation both had me laughing out loud.
:goodposting: I was dying laughing when Kenny was talking to the girl and Steve was throwing up

I laughed the most when Kenny was doing his moves during his entrance song and the owner of the team in the press box was going nuts. Whoever plays the owner was awesome and could be a great new character.

Users who are viewing this thread