What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ed Dickson (3 Viewers)

I hate catch % as a rule, but when you're talking about two guys from the same team playing the same positions and cast in a similar role it does make some sense:

Pitta 174 targets, 102 catches -- 58.6%

Dickson 158 targets, 86 catches -- 54.4%

Neither guy is a world-beater, which is great for Dickson since it means he's more than capable of taking over most of Pitta's projected production. I'm pencilling him in for 58-610-4 (~TE13).
K, who are the 12 ahead of him?

Graham

Gronk

Witten

Davis

Gonzo

Olsen

Rudolph

Gates

Then what? Finley, Cameron, Myers, Bennett, Cook Pettigrew and Housler? I'll take my chances with the guy getting Pittas targets and then some.

Just for comparison sakes...

Jared Cook has never had more than 49 catches, 81 targets and 4 TDs and he is being drafted as the #9 TE.

Dickson has beat all those career highs just two years ago and does not have Sam Bradford throwing to him and is on a team with far less options and competition than STL.

So explain to me, why Cook would be higher than Dickson, since Cook has not done anything worthy of his high praise. It is based purely on gut and not based off any science, fact or proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate catch % as a rule, but when you're talking about two guys from the same team playing the same positions and cast in a similar role it does make some sense:

Neither guy is a world-beater, which is great for Dickson since it means he's more than capable of taking over most of Pitta's projected production. I'm pencilling him in for 58-610-4 (~TE13).

Graham

Gronk

Witten

Davis

Gonzo

Olsen

Rudolph

Gates

Then what? Finley, Cameron, Myers, Bennett, Cook Pettigrew and Housler? I'll take my chances with the guy getting Pittas targets and then some.

Jared Cook has never had more than 49 catches, 81 targets and 4 TDs and he is being drafted as the #9 TE.

Dickson has beat all those career highs just two years ago and does not have Sam Bradford throwing to him and is on a team with far less options and competition than STL.

So explain to me, why Cook would be higher than Dickson, since Cook has not done anything worthy of his high praise. It is based purely on gut and not based off any science, fact or proof.
Cook is a freakish athletic specimen. The argument is that cook was under utilized with his former team and not used properly. He has a better qb with a coach who may be wiling to use him.

The Rams also just sent an armored truck full of cash to Cook. Suggests they plan to use him.

But my TE8 and TE14 are separated by a little over 1ppg, so I won't argue with anyone who wants to have Dickson near the top of that tier rather than the bottom.

KellysHeroes said:
Phenix said:
For value sake, offered him to a Pitta owner for a 2014 2nd... REJECTED!
wow
not sure why this surprises you. I've seen Owen Daniels sold for a 3rd. Plenty of cheap stopgap options.As much as I like Dickson, id still rather have guys like Cameron, Julius Thomas, housler, etc... to me his value falls after those guys
It's not like Dickson was considered dog meat coming out of college. He was actually ranked higher than Pitta in some circles. As for Julius Thomas, staring at that 3 WR set of D Thomas, Welker, and Decker, I don't see enough balls for Thomas even if starts, which is also very much in doubt.
not sure many people are selling Cameron and Housler for 2nds unless its a real shallow league. And if you rather roll with Thomas over Dickson thats your opinion, i would pay up if I was a Pitta owner w/out a back up plan
Full disclosure: Loose Circuits aka Rolling_AKG (Shhh, I'm not supposed to know) happens to be in a league with me and is trying to peddle a TE to the same owner and is attempting to lower Dicksons value. He also believes that Julius Thomas is relevant, what other reason would any human being bring up Julius Thomas a s replacement for Pitta otherwise. lmfao.

He did the same thing in the Chris Ivory thread, called him out there as well.

So the point, take his assumptions against Dickson with a grain of salt.

**The same guy also did not set a lineup one time last year while points champ, also traded decker and wilson for austin and also left an offer for kendall hunter for greg olsen last year, and yes being shady I guess I took it 3 seconds after Hunter was hurt. Guy is not the slickest, but he tries.**
you really need to get back on your medication. The people that I am in leagues with know who I am and that I'm not this guy you speak of...does he seriously own Julius Thomas too? What a coincidence...
K, whatever you say Dogs, I'm sure you have many aliases.

No medication here, however, but maybe they make some for denial.

Like last time, I'll let you have last word for one more denial as this is not the place, lets argue in our league message forum.
I have 0 aliases. I was loose circuits at FFtoday until I got banned during the Moose Knuckle Ball Four fiasco a long time ago because I was linking things towards FFlivewire. I am loose circuits at FFlivewire and here (since 2007) although I don't post at the former much anymore because a lot of the people left there although you are pushing me to go back there because of you constant stalking and paranoid schizophrenic behavior.

I use my real first and last name in all the leagues I am in and besides a league I joined from here (The Fifth Down) my other leagues were created from people that used to post at FFlivewire.

Do you think I created this rolling_akg just to enter one league and hide my identity while I let my name be known in the other leagues I am in? That makes absolutely no sense. I have no reason to create an alias.

I call it how I see it. I was only referring to your manlove of Ivory based off what you had said and if you may have and was talking in hypothetical when I said I wouldn't try to buy Ivory from you clearly disregard his history of injuries. I'm not the only one that has concerns, the Huddle posted very similar sentiments.

I actually own Dickson in one of my leagues and don't own Julius Thomas in any, but I would not expect anyone to give me a 2nd. Unlike you (who own both Dickson and Ivory), I don't use this forum as an opportunity to try to boost the value of players that I own like you do. I just call it how I see it.

The fact of the matter is Ed Dickson has shown little on the NFL field. I would much rather have a list of TE's if I was going to pay the price of a future rookie pick. I agree that he has upside, but his future is uncertain. Like I said Owen Daniels (who is proven) goes for a 3rd in my league- I spammed my league with trade offers and even got rejected many times for a 3rd from many league mates before someone accepted. All I am saying is that I wouldn't just jump on giving up future somewhat premium pick to plug a hole that may or may not be a fix without researching the market. If you are going to give up a 2nd for a Dickson, I'm sure you could get a more proven player like Marty B or Finley for slightly more. I've spammed my league for a 1st for Finley and didn't get any bites. I ended up accepting a 2nd and a low end QB2 because I needed help at QB and already had solid depth at TE. How about a guy like Dustin Keller, he may be worth a 2 if the owner is deep at TE? What is the price tag for Antonio Gates? Fred Davis? Brandon Myers? there are many stopgap TE's that are similar to Dickson that you may be able to get for a better price. While I hope Dickson produces TE1 numbers, I think it's insane to EXPECT it. There are plenty of quality options in the low TE1 - TE2 category that compare favorably.

Graham

Gronk

Witten

Davis

Gonzo

Olsen

Rudolph

Gates

Cook is a freakish athletic specimen. The argument is that cook was under utilized with his former team and not used properly. He has a better qb with a coach who may be wiling to use him.
Maybe, freakish athleticism isn't always productive, as we have seen with him. With all the freakish talent he has done nothing, so again, why does he gain anymore expectations that Dickson.

The Rams also just sent an armored truck full of cash to Cook. Suggests they plan to use him.

But my TE8 and TE14 are separated by a little over 1ppg, so I won't argue with anyone who wants to have Dickson near the top of that tier rather than the bottom.
Fair enough, but the Charges sent a boatload of money to Meachem, they didn't use him much. Not saying that the Rams dont plan to use Cook, but money does not mean they will use him, but they will sure try.

Not saying you're wrong, but this may be a case where watching the games instead of relying on raw numbers might help. To me, Dickson had much "easier" opportunites to catch the ball than Pitta did. The reasons for that are myriad, but I watched Dickson drop more "open" balls than anyone I've seen at TE. Pitta seemed to catch more in traffic.

That said, Pitta didn't even try to block, where Dickson was really good at it.

Possible that BAL will bring in another veteran either when camp casualties start happening or through a trade. In the absence of that (and maybe even then) a healthy Dickson should be in the discusssion at least for inclusion in top 12. IIRC health has been an issue in his first years on the job, though.
Who could they bring in or trade for who could step in and be a bigger factor?
Seems like a few teams, like BUF, KC, MIA and PHI have more TEs than they need - depends on what they need from the guy-

Who from those teams can come in and do better? I don't know but e.g. Moeaki has more receptions in less time than Disckson, Scott Chandler has as many in two years as Dickson in three, Brent Celek might also be on the outs in PHI with them bringing in James Casey and Ertz - and they seem to be able to save $3m by moving him, if my reading of his contract is correct.

It all depends on price and obviously information to which we are not privy - the coaches' evaluation of Disckson's ability to fill Pitta's spot.

My point is that Dickson is not only opportunity. There is also risk

Possible that BAL will bring in another veteran either when camp casualties start happening or through a trade. In the absence of that (and maybe even then) a healthy Dickson should be in the discusssion at least for inclusion in top 12. IIRC health has been an issue in his first years on the job, though.
Who could they bring in or trade for who could step in and be a bigger factor?
Seems like a few teams, like BUF, KC, MIA and PHI have more TEs than they need - depends on what they need from the guy-

Who from those teams can come in and do better? I don't know but e.g. Moeaki has more receptions in less time than Disckson, Scott Chandler has as many in two years as Dickson in three, Brent Celek might also be on the outs in PHI with them bringing in James Casey and Ertz - and they seem to be able to save $3m by moving him, if my reading of his contract is correct.

It all depends on price and obviously information to which we are not privy - the coaches' evaluation of Disckson's ability to fill Pitta's spot.

My point is that Dickson is not only opportunity. There is also risk
I think Kelly wants to run 3 TE sets in Philly and I doubt Clay Harbor would fit Pitta's role anyways.

What TE's are you referring to when you say Buffalo has too many? Chandler coming back from torn ACL and Gragg (7th round pick) has been running with the 1's. They are almost as weak at TE as Baltimore after Pitta's injury. So weak that Dorin Dickerson asked to get a chance to move back to his old position of TE after being a FB type last season because he thought he might have a better shot at play. Maybe you are referring to him who would be available? I'm not sure Buffalo doesn't have a plan for him either although Gragg and him are very similar types of players.

Miami has a plethora, but I doubt Egnew would fit in Baltimore. His toughness and football IQ have been questioned multiple times. Now that they are out of the hunt for Leach, I am not sure both Evan Rodriguez and Charles Clay don't both make the team although either would be a decent replacement as a move TE type.

There are some options, but the field is dwindling. I think at this time most teams like the depth they have.

As an organization that took a chance with McClain after he wore out his welcome in Oakland, would they take a chance on Weslye Saunders? I always thought Saunders showed excellent athleticism, but maybe that was because of the PEDs he was on?? They would have to survive without him for 8 weeks, but could get him in camp now and get him trained.

Kyler Reed is a move TE guy who was underutilized with Nebraska last season and was just released by Jax. He would fit as a decent camp guy.

I've heard a Todd Heap's name thrown out there and I'm sure Dallas Clark would like to join a contender.
There are many routes they could go just like Philly replacing Maclin.

Rotoworld- Ravens signed TE Visanthe Shiancoe to a one-year contract.

The move comes one day after Dennis Pitta's year-ending hip injury. Now 33 years old, Shiancoe is coming off a four-game, zero-catch season in New England after catching 36 balls for 409 yards and three scores in 2011 with Minnesota. He doesn't have much left, but could help Baltimore as a blocker, allowing Ed Dickson to take on Pitta's old duties. We're still not in love with the idea of leaning on any Ravens tight end in 2013 fantasy leagues.
Anything to see here?

The move comes one day after Dennis Pitta's year-ending hip injury. Now 33 years old, Shiancoe is coming off a four-game, zero-catch season in New England after catching 36 balls for 409 yards and three scores in 2011 with Minnesota. He doesn't have much left, but could help Baltimore as a blocker, allowing Ed Dickson to take on Pitta's old duties. We're still not in love with the idea of leaning on any Ravens tight end in 2013 fantasy leagues.
Anything to see here?
they worked him out before Pitta's injury so it makes sense. Good news for Dickson if this is all they add

Anything to see here?
they worked him out before Pitta's injury so it makes sense. Good news for Dickson if this is all they add
They just lost Pitta, they had to sign someone, and I dont even think this is a good enough signing.

A 33 yo TE who was a FA for this long for a reason, I'll pass.

At least not over a 26 yo guy who is in his prime and ready to step up who if he can stay healthy has shown he can produce.

KellysHeroes said:
Phenix said:
wow
not sure why this surprises you. I've seen Owen Daniels sold for a 3rd. Plenty of cheap stopgap options.As much as I like Dickson, id still rather have guys like Cameron, Julius Thomas, housler, etc... to me his value falls after those guys
It's not like Dickson was considered dog meat coming out of college. He was actually ranked higher than Pitta in some circles. As for Julius Thomas, staring at that 3 WR set of D Thomas, Welker, and Decker, I don't see enough balls for Thomas even if starts, which is also very much in doubt.
not sure many people are selling Cameron and Housler for 2nds unless its a real shallow league. And if you rather roll with Thomas over Dickson thats your opinion, i would pay up if I was a Pitta owner w/out a back up plan
Full disclosure: Loose Circuits aka Rolling_AKG (Shhh, I'm not supposed to know) happens to be in a league with me and is trying to peddle a TE to the same owner and is attempting to lower Dicksons value. He also believes that Julius Thomas is relevant, what other reason would any human being bring up Julius Thomas a s replacement for Pitta otherwise. lmfao.

**The same guy also did not set a lineup one time last year while points champ, also traded decker and wilson for austin and also left an offer for kendall hunter for greg olsen last year, and yes being shady I guess I took it 3 seconds after Hunter was hurt. Guy is not the slickest, but he tries.**
you really need to get back on your medication. The people that I am in leagues with know who I am and that I'm not this guy you speak of...does he seriously own Julius Thomas too? What a coincidence...

Like last time, I'll let you have last word for one more denial as this is not the place, lets argue in our league message forum.
I have 0 aliases. I was loose circuits at FFtoday until I got banned during the Moose Knuckle Ball Four fiasco a long time ago because I was linking things towards FFlivewire. I am loose circuits at FFlivewire and here (since 2007) although I don't post at the former much anymore because a lot of the people left there although you are pushing me to go back there because of you constant stalking and paranoid schizophrenic behavior.I use my real first and last name in all the leagues I am in and besides a league I joined from here (The Fifth Down) my other leagues were created from people that used to post at FFlivewire.

Do you think I created this rolling_akg just to enter one league and hide my identity while I let my name be known in the other leagues I am in? That makes absolutely no sense. I have no reason to create an alias.

I call it how I see it. I was only referring to your manlove of Ivory based off what you had said and if you may have and was talking in hypothetical when I said I wouldn't try to buy Ivory from you clearly disregard his history of injuries. I'm not the only one that has concerns, the Huddle posted very similar sentiments.

I actually own Dickson in one of my leagues and don't own Julius Thomas in any, but I would not expect anyone to give me a 2nd. Unlike you (who own both Dickson and Ivory), I don't use this forum as an opportunity to try to boost the value of players that I own like you do. I just call it how I see it.

The fact of the matter is Ed Dickson has shown little on the NFL field. I would much rather have a list of TE's if I was going to pay the price of a future rookie pick. I agree that he has upside, but his future is uncertain. Like I said Owen Daniels (who is proven) goes for a 3rd in my league- I spammed my league with trade offers and even got rejected many times for a 3rd from many league mates before someone accepted. All I am saying is that I wouldn't just jump on giving up future somewhat premium pick to plug a hole that may or may not be a fix without researching the market. If you are going to give up a 2nd for a Dickson, I'm sure you could get a more proven player like Marty B or Finley for slightly more. I've spammed my league for a 1st for Finley and didn't get any bites. I ended up accepting a 2nd and a low end QB2 because I needed help at QB and already had solid depth at TE. How about a guy like Dustin Keller, he may be worth a 2 if the owner is deep at TE? What is the price tag for Antonio Gates? Fred Davis? Brandon Myers? there are many stopgap TE's that are similar to Dickson that you may be able to get for a better price. While I hope Dickson produces TE1 numbers, I think it's insane to EXPECT it. There are plenty of quality options in the low TE1 - TE2 category that compare favorably.
Thank you! I've been trying to tell phenix that I wasn't you after we had a similar opinion on a player a while back, only to be ridiculed.

KellysHeroes said:
Phenix said:
wow

I have 0 aliases. I was loose circuits at FFtoday until I got banned during the Moose Knuckle Ball Four fiasco a long time ago because I was linking things towards FFlivewire. I am loose circuits at FFlivewire and here (since 2007) although I don't post at the former much anymore because a lot of the people left there although you are pushing me to go back there because of you constant stalking and paranoid schizophrenic behavior.I use my real first and last name in all the leagues I am in and besides a league I joined from here (The Fifth Down) my other leagues were created from people that used to post at FFlivewire.

Thank you! I've been trying to tell phenix that I wasn't you after we had a similar opinion on a player a while back, only to be ridiculed.
It's crazy, just because people share an opinion on one player then we must be the same person? apparently we work for rotoworld and thehuddle as well because they've all posted concerns about Ivory, Not sure the other opinion that we have shared.

did you really make that deal he was talking about though acquiring Austin? that was pretty bad

I did, but it was last off season. It was closer in value by perception last year

Anyway, I think Dickson will be in the Te mess. Could be a throw in that nets a nice trade though

It's crazy, just because people share an opinion on one player then we must be the same person? apparently we work for rotoworld and thehuddle as well because they've all posted concerns about Ivory, Not sure the other opinion that we have shared.

did you really make that deal he was talking about though acquiring Austin? that was pretty bad
Dude you're talking to yourself. :crazy:

:lmao:

Anything to see here?
Not really.

Anything to see here?
Not really.
1. I think Shiancoe's basically dead. Could have some blocking value.

2. I totally disagree with this take on Ravens TE. I think Dickson could be very valuable. Even if they run the ball a ton with both Rice and Pierce, and Torrey Smith gets 160 targets (and Rice/Pierce combine for another 100 or more), there are a lot of passes left. They're going somewhere, and I like Dickson more than those wideouts behind Smith.

3. Does this need to be said in every thread? Stop feeding the Phenix troll. Every July/August the dude shows up and ####s all over threads. Just leave him alone and have a real conversation with people about the topic at hand. (Wait, am I now the same guy as rollin and loose circuits? This could be fun ;) )

Anything to see here?
Not really.
1. I think Shiancoe's basically dead. Could have some blocking value.2. I totally disagree with this take on Ravens TE. I think Dickson could be very valuable. Even if they run the ball a ton with both Rice and Pierce, and Torrey Smith gets 160 targets (and Rice/Pierce combine for another 100 or more), there are a lot of passes left. They're going somewhere, and I like Dickson more than those wideouts behind Smith.

3. Does this need to be said in every thread? Stop feeding the Phenix troll. Every July/August the dude shows up and ####s all over threads. Just leave him alone and have a real conversation with people about the topic at hand. (Wait, am I now the same guy as rollin and loose circuits? This could be fun ;) )
Hey I'm Phenix.

Everyone I trade for is a great player and how can anybody disagree because clearly every point I make is the ONLY POV that matters. BTW everyone is dumber than me and stuff blah blah blah

(Emoticon emoticon)

Lol

But seriously (not Phenix now)

I think Dickson will have pretty strong value... Visanthe is depth in my opinion and only adds to dicksons value because it will allow him to split out a little more often... I remember prior to last yr that there was some question as to which one out of Dickson and pitta would step up... Pitta stepped up and Dickson got injured and never really found a role because Boldin played quite a bit as a move type TE on the inside... Opportunity is there for production to creep into TE 1 territory if he can take advantage if it... I believe his floor could be TE 20 to TE 24 based on lack of competition for targets... Sure they could make a move and change it up a bit but the opportunity should be significant

I personally am looking to sell as soon as feasible when the hypes machine cranks up later this offseason and through the start of the season... I'm talking dynasty value only as I don't mess with redraft too often

Anything to see here?
Not really.
1. I think Shiancoe's basically dead. Could have some blocking value.2. I totally disagree with this take on Ravens TE. I think Dickson could be very valuable. Even if they run the ball a ton with both Rice and Pierce, and Torrey Smith gets 160 targets (and Rice/Pierce combine for another 100 or more), there are a lot of passes left. They're going somewhere, and I like Dickson more than those wideouts behind Smith.

Hey I'm Phenix.

Everyone I trade for is a great player and how can anybody disagree because clearly every point I make is the ONLY POV that matters. BTW everyone is dumber than me and stuff blah blah blah

(Emoticon emoticon)

Lol

But seriously (not Phenix now)

I think Dickson will have pretty strong value... Visanthe is depth in my opinion and only adds to dicksons value because it will allow him to split out a little more often... I remember prior to last yr that there was some question as to which one out of Dickson and pitta would step up... Pitta stepped up and Dickson got injured and never really found a role because Boldin played quite a bit as a move type TE on the inside... Opportunity is there for production to creep into TE 1 territory if he can take advantage if it... I believe his floor could be TE 20 to TE 24 based on lack of competition for targets... Sure they could make a move and change it up a bit but the opportunity should be significant

I personally am looking to sell as soon as feasible when the hypes machine cranks up later this offseason and through the start of the season... I'm talking dynasty value only as I don't mess with redraft too often
Bout time you guys figured it out!

loose circuits I just wanted to say thanks for posting here. Agree or disagree I value your opinion and you usually have something useful to say.

loose circuits I just wanted to say thanks for posting here. Agree or disagree I value your opinion and you usually have something useful to say.
thanks, I just.try to add my 2 cents when I can. Don't claim to have the answers but I spend some time at this thing
Awww, maybe now we can get in a circle and sing kumbaya and eat s'mores.
Maybe we can invite Pitta... I hear he has some free time

thanks, I just.try to add my 2 cents when I can. Don't claim to have the answers but I spend some time at this thing
Awww, maybe now we can get in a circle and sing kumbaya and eat s'mores.
Maybe we can invite Pitta... I hear he has some free time
He wont be able to sit "indian style" around the campfire, I don't think.

Ravens' Dickson has slight hamstring tear

By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

NFL teams know they have to deal with injuries in training camp. They just hope the injuries don't repeatedly hit one position.

The Ravens are dealing with this camp nightmare right now after the team announced Monday that tight end Ed Dickson has a slight tear in his hamstring. This happened eight days after starting tight end Dennis Pitta suffered a season-ending dislocated hip. When did the Ravens tight ends turn into the drummers for Spinal Tap ? (For those under the age of 40, click here).

Coach John Harbaugh classified this as a minor injury, and the Ravens need him to be right. The defending Super Bowl champions are 31 days removed from opening the season at the Denver Broncos on Sept. 5.

“We’re going to hold him back for a week or so, and we’ll see where we’re at,” Harbaugh told reporters Monday. “We’ll try to get him healthy. It’s going to be a matter of time, but it’s not going to be a long time.”

While it's not time to hit the panic button just yet, there has to be an increased level of concern about the tight end position and the impact on the passing attack. At the start of camp, many envisioned the Ravens using a two-tight end attack. Now, a little over a week removed from the first padded practice, the Ravens are down to Visanthe Shiancoe. It's been 20 months since Shiancoe caught a pass in a regular-season game. It's been four years since he had over 50 receptions in a season.

The injury to Dickson comes at a time when he reported in excellent shape and was asserting himself with the first-team offense. He was looking like a player who would lessen the blow of losing the team's leading returning receiver. Even though Dickson's injury is not close to being as serious as the one to Pitta, it's one they didn't want to see at this position at this time.

For at least the next couple of weeks, the Ravens are going to rely on the Next-Next Man Up at tight end.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Insiders Tuesday that Ravens TE Ed Dickson (hamstring) "most likely won't be ready for the opener."
The Ravens' fears about the severity of Dickson's hamstring tear were essentially confirmed when they signed Dallas Clark. Look for Clark to open the season as Baltimore's "move" tight end, with Visanthe Shiancoe playing on the line in two-tight end packages. Once a somewhat popular fantasy sleeper, Dickson is no longer worth consideration in standard re-draft leagues.

Aug 13 - 3:13 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Insiders Tuesday that Ravens TE Ed Dickson (hamstring) "most likely won't be ready for the opener."
The Ravens' fears about the severity of Dickson's hamstring tear were essentially confirmed when they signed Dallas Clark. Look for Clark to open the season as Baltimore's "move" tight end, with Visanthe Shiancoe playing on the line in two-tight end packages. Once a somewhat popular fantasy sleeper, Dickson is no longer worth consideration in standard re-draft leagues.

So because Dickson might miss week 1, Rotoworld says he is no longer draftable? This is why Rotoworld's analysis is a joke...do they not realize there are 16 weeks in a season?

Rotoworld:

So because Dickson might miss week 1, Rotoworld says he is no longer draftable? This is why Rotoworld's analysis is a joke...do they not realize there are 16 weeks in a season?
If "standard" is nonppr it may be wrong. If "standard" is shallow leagues like ESPN public then its absolutely correct

Rotoworld:

I wasn't planning on drafting him even in my leagues that roster 20+, so he's definitely off my draft day radar now.

I do, however, agree with what you're saying about rotoworld. I check the news app on my phone all the time but I don't listen to their draft/trade advice

Rotoworld:

Yeah, I'll wait until I hear a more clear prognosis on his outlook. Id still be buying at this point, why not, his price is just getting cheaper

Ed Dickson - TE - Panthers
Panthers re-signed TE Ed Dickson to a three-year contract.
Dickson picked up the pieces behind Greg Olsen last season, catching 10 passes for 115 yards.
He was not a particularly effective blocker. Dickson has plus athleticism, but it's never translated on an NFL field.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter Mar 10 - 2:48 PM

Anyone else feel this guy could sky rocket to top-15 this year if and (I believe) when Cam gets his aim back in control?

Anyone else feel this guy could sky rocket to top-15 this year if and (I believe) when Cam gets his aim back in control?
Very unlikely. Dickson just isn't that good a receiver even if Cam starts throwing well.

Dicksons career year was a long time ago when he was 24 years old in 2011 and even that wasn't that good.

He will be a hot waver wire acquisition this week, for sure. If he can be 60% of Greg Olson, that's pretty good. The announcers mentioned that Detroit started covering him with a safety instead of a linebacker; maybe he turns back into a pumpkin.

snap rate will be a determining factor to see if this is a fluke. He only had 2 targets in the game and he's like 5th in the target tree

Ed Dickson caught 2-of-2 targets for 52 yards and a touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 8 win over the Lions.

Dickson was making his 2018 debut. Dickson memorably went 5/175 in Detroit as a member of the Panthers last season. This wasn't as dramatic, but the Lions seemed to once again forget he existed. Dickson will catch some passes and score touchdowns, but with Nick Vannett still in the picture, Dickson is merely a last-gasp TE2.

Ed Dickson (knee) is expected to go on injured reserve.

Dickson was hoping to debut in Week 12 but instead suffered a setback to his surgically-repaired knee, putting the rest of his season in doubt. Injuries to Dickson and Luke Willson (hamstring) have cemented Jacob Hollister's status as an every-week TE1. Coming off the Seahawks' bye, he can be started with confidence Sunday at Philadelphia.

Link

Users who are viewing this thread