What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eddie Vedder (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Watching an SNL rerun from the glory days of Pearl Jam Ten. I used to love these guys.

How awesome is Eddie Vedder? Guy is a total nut, tons of energy, and has a great voice and stage presence. He is one of the few voices in rock that sounds as good live as he does on a record.

I always thought he was the best thing in a front man since Jim Morrison.

:thumbup: to the good old days.

Big Vedder fan here! He is great to watch live!!

I am going to have to try and find that old SNL performance online somewhere.

Jim Morrison was a pretentious ###. Sorry.
Agree completely.He had a good voice but he was a drug-gobbling fat turd #######. That's not itself such a bad thing (in fact, all of those things may apply to me :unsure: ) but the difference is --- I don't write ####ty 7-th grade level poetry and try to pass myself off as some sort of mystic genius. The Doors music is OK (I don't ever listen to it, if I can help it...) but the people who worship at the alter of Morrison prose and spirit and think that he was a visionary -- I want to use power tools on them.

I'm not looking to give out the nice guy awards. I just said Morrison was a great, charismatic front man. You can't deny that much.

for what its worth...pearl jam is touring...i wonder how they sold their tickets since they made a HUGE issue out of ticketmaster getting a cut of their $$$ years ago along with taxing their tickets...

that's an important issue you know...FOR ME TO POOP ON

I heard their new song "World Wide Suicide" the other day...not bad. I like it more than anything theyve done since back in the day.

I have to agree with Vedder being a great frontman.

I had the privilage of seeing one of PJs first shows as a touring band in '91. I would say that this was about 4-6 months before Ten was even released. They were opening up for Soul Asylum and The Jayhawks and it was easily one of the greatest opening band sets I have ever seen. No one knew who the hell these guys were and they just stole the show.

Ended up seeing them 3 more times during the following year or two and they never failed to impress.

I'm at the point in my musical journey that I consider anyone in a band not playing an instrument to be a complete waste. If you can't hold a guitar and contribute, get your sorry ### off the stage and join the crowd.

Add that I've seen Pearl Jam several times, and thought they were great. Except that they always stopped their set and had some political bull#### for 10 minutes or so.

I'm all for trying to energize the youth vote and inform the uninformed, but when I'm shroomin', don't drop liberal propaganda on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at the point in my musical journey that I consider anyone in a band not playing an instrument to be a complete waste. If you can't hold a guitar and contribute, get your sorry ### off the stage and join the crowd.
Ummmm....Vedder plays guitar on lots of songs

Add that I've seen Pearl Jam several times, and thought they were great. Except that they always stopped their set and had some political bull#### for 10 minutes or so.

I'm all for trying to energize the youth vote and inform the uninformed, but when I'm shroomin', don't drop liberal propaganda on me.
oh bull####. they never stop sets for 10 minutes. sure there might be a few sentences on some political topic, but never 10 minutes.

Oh, my baby, my baby she don't want me no more

Ever since she saw his poster in that record store

She says the way he grinds his molars is really sexy

She thinks he's so darn dysfunctional and "Generation X"y

She likes his brooding angst and his wild-eyed stare

Yeah, he's her very favorite slacker multi-millionaire

Well, my baby's in love with Eddie Vedder

She's all crazy 'bout that Eddie Vedder

Once she was mine, but now I better just forget her

'Cause my baby's in love with Eddie Vedder

Now, every time I see him, well, he looks so grim

I guess it really must suck to be a rock star like him

What a pain in the butt to have so much success

Spending all his time moping and avoiding the press

But my girl can't get enough of his sullen demeanor

Like he's some big tortured genious and I'm some kinda wiener

She's got a thing for that Eddie Vedder

Tell me, what can he do that I can't do better

Now my baby's in love with

I said I said I said my baby's in love with Eddie Vedder

Head over heels for that Eddie Vedder

I cant believe it, now she's knitting him a sweater

I knew we were headin' for disaster

When she caught me hangin' out at the Ticketmaster

Now she's got an unrequited adoration

For the frustrated, agitated, designated alienated

Spokesman for the disaffected grunge generation

Well, I don't wear Doc Martens and I don't wear flannel

And I don't boycott the music video channel

And I just can't compete with all that money and fame

But I know two can play at this game

Yeah, well, let's just see how jealous she'll get

When I start stalking Alanis Morissette

She's all crazy 'bout that Eddie Vedder

Once she was mine but now I better just forget her

'Cause my baby's in love with

I said I said I said my baby's in love with Eddie Vedder

Why'd she have to fall for that Eddie Vedder

If she wants to leave me, I guess I better let her

oh bull####. they never stop sets for 10 minutes. sure there might be a few sentences on some political topic, but never 10 minutes.
They did in Charlotte in late '96. Brought some guest speaker (woman) out on stage and cut the music for ~ 10 minutes. Major, major downer.

Add that I've seen Pearl Jam several times, and thought they were great.  Except that they always stopped their set and had some political bull#### for 10 minutes or so.

They did in Charlotte in late '96. Brought some guest speaker (woman) out on stage and cut the music for ~ 10 minutes. Major, major downer.
1 show = always?

Agree completely.He had a good voice but he was a drug-gobbling fat turd #######. That's not itself such a bad thing (in fact, all of those things may apply to me :unsure: ) but the difference is --- I don't write ####ty 7-th grade level poetry and try to pass myself off as some sort of mystic genius. The Doors music is OK (I don't ever listen to it, if I can help it...) but the people who worship at the alter of Morrison prose and spirit and think that he was a visionary -- I want to use power tools on them.
No way!There was drug use in the 60s?

So who do you like to listen to?

1 show = always?
Yes. 1 time MEANS FOREVER AND ALWAYS. :D Again, I've paid to see PJ on 3-4 occasions, and loved them every time.

Eddie Vedder is the best front man of the last 20 years. No one brings as much energy to the table. Good stuff :thumbup: :thumbup:

Gloria Steinam was the 'woman'. It was just before the 96 election and there was a major push to try and get rid of Jesse Helms. I was at the show and didn't mind the break at all. I've been to about a dozen other shows, and while Vedder likes to inject politics into it they have never had that long a break in any of the other shows.As far as politics go, I got to see them perform Bushleager in concert and it was quite the spectacle. Half the audience was cheering, the other half booing louldy. The preceding song was a hellacious cover of Know Your Rights by the clash.

Add that I've seen Pearl Jam several times, and thought they were great.  Except that they always stopped their set and had some political bull#### for 10 minutes or so.

1 show = always?
What's more is. it was probably a benefit or something, since there was a speaker. They do a ton of charity stuff.I can't count the number of times I've seen them and there has never been a 10 minute speech from anybody. :lmao: GunZ!

GREAT live band, period.

Years ago I had a brush with fame when I sat across the bar from Eddie at Duke's in Waikiki. Cool dude.

Gloria Steinam was the 'woman'. It was just before the 96 election and there was a major push to try and get rid of Jesse Helms. I was at the show and didn't mind the break at all. I've been to about a dozen other shows, and while Vedder likes to inject politics into it they have never had that long a break in any of the other shows.As far as politics go, I got to see them perform Bushleager in concert and it was quite the spectacle. Half the audience was cheering, the other half booing louldy. The preceding song was a hellacious cover of Know Your Rights by the clash.
:goodposting: In '96, I had never heard of Jesse Helms or had any idea what the hell Steinam was talking about.

Thanks for confirming the lengthy break that TF and SLBD seem to imply was a figment of my imagination.

GunZ, I didn't deny you your embellishment. I don't think anybody can do that. :lmao: I just wanted to relay the fact that that was a one-time thing...and likely for a benefit of some sort. And it was. :yes:

Heh, strike a nerve? Sorry fanboy. I listen to tons of different stuff. Here's my last.fm pages, which tracks what I play on Itunes. http://www.last.fm/user/ahrn

Feel free to mock any and all of it. :thumbup: I'm not too bothered if people don't like what I like.

Heh, strike a nerve? Sorry fanboy. I listen to tons of different stuff. Here's my last.fm pages, which tracks what I play on Itunes. http://www.last.fm/user/ahrn

Feel free to mock any and all of it. :thumbup: I'm not too bothered if people don't like what I like.
No recently played tracks to display.Liar! You don't even listen to music!

I see on the as one of the top artists is Forest Whitaker. Is that who I think it is?

GunZ, I didn't deny you your embellishment. I don't think anybody can do that. :lmao: I just wanted to relay the fact that that was a one-time thing...and likely for a benefit of some sort. And it was. :yes:
:confused: It wasn't a benefit concert.

I see on the as one of the top artists is Forest Whitaker. Is that who I think it is?
Same guy, it just shows up as his name from the Ghost Dog soundtrack -- there's some clips from the Movie and they got tagged with him being the "artist".

GunZ, I didn't deny you your embellishment.  I don't think anybody can do that.  :lmao:   I just wanted to relay the fact that that was a one-time thing...and likely for a benefit of some sort.  And it was.  :yes:
Hmm. I would have thought if someone was up there for that long, that some proceeds were going to them, as well. But whatever... :thumbup:

:stalker:

Hmm. I would have thought if someone was up there for that long, that some proceeds were going to them, as well. But whatever... :thumbup:
Well, some of the funds from ticket sales may have gone to the cause. :ph34r:

GunZ, I didn't deny you your embellishment.  I don't think anybody can do that.  :lmao:   I just wanted to relay the fact that that was a one-time thing...and likely for a benefit of some sort.  And it was.  :yes:
Well, some of the funds from ticket sales may have gone to the cause. :ph34r:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

one of the greatest guitarist's eva !!!

looks like hell though...years of drugs and booze and cigs and...

hey wait, i saw eddie v...and thought you were talking about...

ahhh never mind, this thread has to much tension anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread