What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

EDGE in a Dynasty (1 Viewer)

bigreese82

Footballguy
Wanted to get viewpoints on his value for the next 3 years :popcorn:

Will he stay top 10 even in Arizona? How much gas left in tank :popcorn:

Still worthy of a top 7 pick in an initial dynasty?

I think the talent is still there, but is the opportunity. ARZ showed they love to pass it by the targets and Receptions the WR's got, but when you add that the ARZ OL is pretty shabby...I think his numbers have to take a hit of some sort. How significant, not sure because he can be used more near the goaline than what they had last year. I recall several times ARZ was on the 4 - GL and they threw the ball, maybe that changes a bit.

His days of a top 10 RB are over.
Uhhh, that team you have listed...is that a league w/ a bunch of elementary school kids? ;) You appear to have all the studs at every position. No chance anyone else can win, huh?

Uhhh, that team you have listed...is that a league w/ a bunch of elementary school kids? ;) You appear to have all the studs at every position. No chance anyone else can win, huh?
It does say 1 team dynasty league

Yeah, but come on...all of those? Sheesh!! Must be some smucks who trade studs for bye week fillers. :rolleyes:

Wanted to get viewpoints on his value for the next 3 years :popcorn:

Will he stay top 10 even in Arizona? How much gas left in tank :popcorn:

Still worthy of a top 7 pick in an initial dynasty?
I have him out of my top 10 from a dynasty standpoint right now.

I doubt that. His days in the top five are likely behind him, but I think it likely that he'll get enough touches in Arizona to rank in, or very close to, the top ten. Further, although Arizona's ground game was among the league's worst last year, their passing attack is among the best. I think that Edge will find enough room to put up some solid numbers. He likely won't be as effective per touch as he was in Indy, but he won't be completely shut down, either.I would not be at all surprised to see him end up with around 400 total touches in 2006, which would certainly be enough for him to push top ten status among fantasy RBs.

As far as his long term prospects go, he is reaching the point where a decline is becoming more and more likely. He has been used very extensively thus far in his career, and will likely be among the league leaders in total touches yet again. I would guess that he'll start to slow down within the next two years or so.

Yeah, but come on...all of those? Sheesh!! Must be some smucks who trade studs for bye week fillers. :rolleyes:
1 TeamOne Team

O-N-E.

Sounds like 'won.'

Rhymes with fun.

The number after zero and before two.

One.

Now that we've got that cleared up, who's he going to trade with?

(I'm guessing his listing of that team is to mock those who do it for real)

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt that. His days in the top five are likely behind him, but I think it likely that he'll get enough touches in Arizona to rank in, or very close to, the top ten. Further, although Arizona's ground game was among the league's worst last year, their passing attack is among the best. I think that Edge will find enough room to put up some solid numbers. He likely won't be as effective per touch as he was in Indy, but he won't be completely shut down, either.I would not be at all surprised to see him end up with around 400 total touches in 2006, which would certainly be enough for him to push top ten status among fantasy RBs.

As far as his long term prospects go, he is reaching the point where a decline is becoming more and more likely. He has been used very extensively thus far in his career, and will likely be among the league leaders in total touches yet again. I would guess that he'll start to slow down within the next two years or so.
:goodposting: I have him at #8rb

If this is the case, why would you draft someone in the top 10 of a dynasty that you could only use for 2 years?IMO, this is short sighted. If you take Edge early in a dynasty you MUST also grab other good young RBs or you will be left with a hole on your team that it will take at least a year of sucking to fill via the draft.

In an 04 dynasty draft I took Priest, Harrison and Stephen Davis in the 1st 3 rounds and I'm still kicking myself. I did make it to the championship the 1st year but now I'm looking at rebuilding already.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 TeamOne Team

O-N-E.

Sounds like 'won.'

Rhymes with fun.

The number after zero and before two.

One.

Now that we've got that cleared up, who's he going to trade with?

(I'm guessing his listing of that team is to mock those who do it for real)
We need a "woosh" icon. Somthing like this :towelwave: but not a towel.

Edge's numbers have to come down in my mind especially if Arizona takes a rookie Qb even with Kurt sooner or later they will have to replace him now with Mcown gone I think Arizona will probaly end up with Young or Cutler both are going to suffer at some point to learn the position and when they do defense's will jamm the line with 8 in the box and focus on Edge, I'm glad I took Portis (pat my self icon right here) however Edge may still have a good year next year (redraft) with Kurt but growing pains in Arizona is inevitable at some point and hurts his Dynasty status.
That's a long sentence.Reminds me of Conjunction Junction.

Last edited:
Edge's numbers have to come down in my mind especially if Arizona takes a rookie Qb even with Kurt sooner or later they will have to replace him now with Mcown gone I think Arizona will probaly end up with Young or Cutler both are going to suffer at some point to learn the position and when they do defense's will jamm the line with 8 in the box and focus on Edge, I'm glad I took Portis (pat my self icon right here) however Edge may still have a good year next year (redraft) with Kurt but growing pains in Arizona is inevitable at some point and hurts his Dynasty status.
That's a long sentence.Reminds me of Conjunction Junction.
What's your function!

how so?i know the change to Az isn't looking as attractive as the Colt's RB gig was..

but, a new stadium,waning fan base, big contract...hey're going to run Edge into the ground..he alone will put fannies in the seats,something desperately missing at Az Cardinal football games...

with Boldin,Warner,Fitz forming an impressive trio, Edge shouldn't see many 8-man fronts like JJ Arrington did last year.

how so?i know the change to Az isn't looking as attractive as the Colt's RB gig was..

but, a new stadium,waning fan base, big contract...hey're going to run Edge into the ground..he alone will put fannies in the seats,something desperately missing at Az Cardinal football games...

with Boldin,Warner,Fitz forming an impressive trio, Edge shouldn't see many 8-man fronts like JJ Arrington did last year.
"Boldin,Warner,Fitz"That is why they will not "run Edge into the ground." His top ten days are gone.

JJ Arrington sa 8 man fronts
JJ Arrington was running behind a bunch of drunks they had pulled out of the local police cells just before the game. OK, I jest, but there was some awful talent on that line.

We need to remember that the reason why Edge was such a beast in Indy last year was because they would get a lead and then pound it with him.

Arizona, by contrast, is going to be behind a lot and not in a position to run the ball much. That's great news for Boldin and Fitz, not so much for Edge.

Throw in the fact that his line is considerably worse in Arizona and it's tough to project him as a top 10 back over the next few years. He might sneak in there this year but after that I think it's downhill all the way. There's a lot of wear on those treads.

Users who are viewing this thread