What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Edwin Jackson (1 Viewer)

SoCalBroncoFan

Footballguy
This guy has been insane for the first half of the season. I own him and have been cringing every start waiting for the shellacking to happen, and yet is hasnt happend.

Am I playing with fire? Should I look to move him while his value is high? Should I hold on to him?

I am in an NL-Only league and have him at $6.

This guy has been insane for the first half of the season. I own him and have been cringing every start waiting for the shellacking to happen, and yet is hasnt happend.Am I playing with fire? Should I look to move him while his value is high? Should I hold on to him?I am in an NL-Only league and have him at $6.
I'd definitely be moving him. You know he has a good 1.1 IP, 8 ER, 11 on just waiting around the corner. Haven't looked too deep into his advanced stats, but no significant change to his strikeout, walk, or HR rates suggests that the lower number of hits he's allowing may be a product of good luck.Even if he is all of a sudden going to be a 3.50 ERA, 1.25 WHIP type of pitcher the rest of the way (a likely best-case scenario), his perceived value is far higher than that right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy has been insane for the first half of the season. I own him and have been cringing every start waiting for the shellacking to happen, and yet is hasnt happend.

Am I playing with fire? Should I look to move him while his value is high? Should I hold on to him?

I'd definitely be moving him. You know he has a good 1.1 IP, 8 ER, 11 on just waiting around the corner. Haven't looked too deep into his advanced stats, but no significant change to his strikeout, walk, or HR rates suggests that the lower number of hits he's allowing may be a product of good luck.Even if he is all of a sudden going to be a 3.50 ERA, 1.25 WHIP type of pitcher the rest of the way (a likely best-case scenario), his perceived value is far higher than that right now.
He turned the corner about 15 minutes ago.

BTW, I'm not watching the game, but the Nats' beat folks are tweeting that his velocity is down considerably. Anybody's guess if something is wrong with him.

He turned the corner about 15 minutes ago.
Hah, was wondering what the smily was all about. Didn't realize he was pitching today, but yeah there are very few guys I'll start at Coors anyway. Unfortunately this shellacking is going to bring his trade value back in line with where it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread