What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ELI5: Why I Should Be Scared of Measles If I've Been Vaccinated? (1 Viewer)

Back in the old days (actually not that long ago) most kids got measals (both kinds) and chicken pox essentially as a matter of course. You got to stay home from school and watch "The Price is Right" and "Concentration" on TV, drink flat ginger ale and eat toast with no butter. Ther was no panic about getting the measels, that was reserved for getting the mumps.
Huh? Never heard of this as it relates to measles.
Thats because its made up. I never knew anyone that had measles "back in the old days".
I did in the 1950s or early 1960s. Both rubella (aka "German Measles) and rubeola. The vaccine first became available in 1963 and a better version in 1968. I'd had the diseas before that. Is that "old days" enough for you?
The Price is Right premiered in 1972.
Oh yeah?

"The Price Is Right is a television game show franchise originally produced by Mark Goodson and Bill Todman, and created by Bob Stewart, and is currently produced and owned by FremantleMedia. The franchise centers on television game shows, but also includes merchandise such as video games, printed media and board games. The franchise began in 1956 as a television game show hosted by Bill Cullen and was revamped in 1972. This version was originally hosted by Bob Barker. Since 2007, Drew Carey has hosted the program."
Proof we can argue about ANYTHING in the FFA. :towelwave:

CowboysFromHell said:
Back in the old days (actually not that long ago) most kids got measals (both kinds) and chicken pox essentially as a matter of course. You got to stay home from school and watch "The Price is Right" and "Concentration" on TV, drink flat ginger ale and eat toast with no butter. Ther was no panic about getting the measels, that was reserved for getting the mumps.
Huh? Never heard of this as it relates to measles.
Thats because its made up. I never knew anyone that had measles "back in the old days".
I did in the 1950s or early 1960s. Both rubella (aka "German Measles) and rubeola. The vaccine first became available in 1963 and a better version in 1968. I'd had the diseas before that. Is that "old days" enough for you?
The Price is Right premiered in 1972.
Oh yeah?

"The Price Is Right is a television game show franchise originally produced by Mark Goodson and Bill Todman, and created by Bob Stewart, and is currently produced and owned by FremantleMedia. The franchise centers on television game shows, but also includes merchandise such as video games, printed media and board games. The franchise began in 1956 as a television game show hosted by Bill Cullen and was revamped in 1972. This version was originally hosted by Bob Barker. Since 2007, Drew Carey has hosted the program."
Proof we can argue about ANYTHING in the FFA. :towelwave:
LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread