What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Everyone deserves a huge round of applause in the Shark Pool (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
If it hasn't started already there's likely to be a mighty exodus(Until about the Draft) and seasons have already ended for some players/managers) and leagues. I know it's been a tough season for everyone and I wanted to thank all of the great folks who came in here while craziness surrounds your everyday real life and help build an escape that has soothed and also helped speed along the last many months going back to Week 1.

I hope next year we aren't reliving this same event, that it was a one time occurrence and things will go back to normal whatever that definition is. Honestly I have my doubts but I want to try and maintain some optimism. I don't know if this has been the welcome escape from reality for many of you as it has for me but this is going to be the last time we get to all be together. There's another thread about @David Dodds moving on but I also wanted to thank @Joe Bryant for maintaining and keeping the Treehouses and Pools open here. 

I can't speak for the entire message board but I am a little disappointed that the football season is coming to an end. From about Aug/Sept thru now we have had all 4 Sports running almost simultaneously and one by one they would finish the seasons. I have been able to just focus on my work, health, try to stay out of the garbage on most media outlets. 

I'm strictly a Redraft FF Player so the off season I rarely check in until about the Draft in Apr/May and then don't tune in until maybe around camps after a couple weeks. I'm going to share this for those who watch the NFLN daily or constantly skimming media for little bits of news...STOP!!! I watch ZERO of these shows outside of the actual 60 minutes they play on the field, you catch my drift? I started to do this a few seasons back and just rely on my eyes and observations and what I've learned over the last 40+ years of watching the games. My success has actually increased by watching less. Still a big fan of the way FBG packages it all in email form and I can just skim for what I want. 

My advice to all of you is simple, take at least a few weeks and clear your heads, come back to the playing field with new ideas or fresh eyes. 

-The last 3 years I have been approaching the Redrafts like you do a stock market. It's really just a repackage of VBD and we all know where we learned that except I go on feel or gut if you want to call it that and so when guys like Aaron Rodgers fall into the double digits and even though I liked my QB1, that guy's stock was criminally undervalued and you got an Amazon stock at a Ford Motor price, my son can figure this out. 

In closing, I think you all are terrific for coming here and contributing and putting up your hot takes and instant feedback, I can't get that synergy most places and it's probably going to drive me back for as long as they'll let me post. I guess I'm more emotional this season because I almost lost my Commissioner/Good Friend who has run this same league for almost 25 years now, we've vacationed with him and his wife and this year I had to endure a picture of him in the ICU on Thanksgiving, covid/viral pneumonia, whatever it was it wasn't pleasant and they couldn't seem to get it diagnosed. 

Please be safe in the coming months, do whatever you need to in order to protect you and your family, the FBG has many threads for support in the FFA, come join us on a health kick thru Christmas, @bostonfred is spearheading that. You all did it, you made it thru the season in one piece, I'm glad to have ben a part of it with all of you. Join me and leave a post with any thoughts you want, just try and keep it on the NFL and somewhat positive if you can. 

:towelwave:

@Faust and @The Frankman

Thank you for all the snippets. That's how I like to stay off the sites and still get information in season. The off season I'm like a turtle, I don't move at the drop of an ESPN Adam Schefter Breaking News alert, I like to let information settle for a bit. But in season I need those quick hits and news bites because I gotta make quick decisions and also another round of games looms on Sunday. 👍

@Faust and @The Frankman

Thank you for all the snippets. That's how I like to stay off the sites and still get information in season. The off season I'm like a turtle, I don't move at the drop of an ESPN Adam Schefter Breaking News alert, I like to let information settle for a bit. But in season I need those quick hits and news bites because I gotta make quick decisions and also another round of games looms on Sunday. 👍
hey man, we like your input.   I'm still in 4 redraft leagues out of 6.  This season is just starting.

kudos for your contributions.

There are a few longtime stalwarts here that produce insightful balanced, thought-provoking, and challenging (in all the good ways) content that make this board still worth coming to.

MOP, you are absolutely one of those people.

Have a fantastic offseason. 

I learned many years ago that all the web pages, rankings etc are basically the same, meh

except here. Footballguys is special. The subscription service is as good as any, and the Shark Pool is the best of its kind. 

So right back at you MOP. 

And to everyone here I raise my glass. Cheers

Thats all very nice MOP. 

Rust never sleeps. The season being over only means the offseason has begun. I tend to prefer the quiet before the storm of the off season anyways.

Thats all very nice MOP. 

Rust never sleeps. The season being over only means the offseason has begun. I tend to prefer the quiet before the storm of the off season anyways.
This could be the first off season in a long time where I don't get totally lost for a few months. I think it's easier when your home team does so bad for so long you just don't even listen when they are making off season moves because you know the franchise is going nowhere...can't say that about the Miami Dolphins right now. 

In most years I have to look at a lot of teams to compare where Miami stacks up...the list is getting smaller, sill plenty of teams Miami needs to catch like Pitt/KC/Buff/TN but they are not as far off from being a WIldcard team than I've seen in a while. 

I have more thread ideas than usual, but I also like to spend more time with my family so I can get 16 Sundays uninterrupted in front of the TV 😆

It's been a most unusual year for FFB (and the most unusual year in the real world). Nice to have FFB as something we can fall back on to take our attention away from the pandemic and the worst downturn since the Great Depression. Lots of folks here (and in this thread) provide useful and entertaining posts -- so thanks to all of you for that. And you're near the top of the list for that, MoP!  As with you, I may stay more attuned to what's going on this offseason, with my WFT performing better than expected (not well, just better) -- and with some players to build around.

This could be the first off season in a long time where I don't get totally lost for a few months. I think it's easier when your home team does so bad for so long you just don't even listen when they are making off season moves because you know the franchise is going nowhere...can't say that about the Miami Dolphins right now. 

In most years I have to look at a lot of teams to compare where Miami stacks up...the list is getting smaller, sill plenty of teams Miami needs to catch like Pitt/KC/Buff/TN but they are not as far off from being a WIldcard team than I've seen in a while. 

I have more thread ideas than usual, but I also like to spend more time with my family so I can get 16 Sundays uninterrupted in front of the TV 😆
Yeah I had to take a break from Miami for the last few years mostly because of Gase.

Things are definitely looking up for that team and I would like to learn more about them this spring. I appreciate you and the other Dolphins fans here as I stopped reading the Herald and so on back when they were all bashing Jay Ajayi.

Users who are viewing this thread