What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Exploit/Avoid Week 6-Bye weeks Begin (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Let's Go!

San Fran at Atlanta (+4.5) (45)

-I want to point out that YAC-Defense both sides are pretty equal but Atlanta gives up a lot more passing yds thru the air than San Fran does for a variety of reasons. I ask you, is Jimmy G the man to exploit long passes? The Niners have the #1 rated Defense in the NFL and on paper they should win this football game but if you have been watching the Atlanta Falcons most weeks, they seem to hang around and come back to make games seem or appear close. Down 21-0 to Tampa Bay is not a close football game and yet they were involved on a controversial play late after cutting the lead to 21-15 and a chance to get the ball back. Don’t undersell the Falcons this early in the season, they’re getting a little better and they’ve been banged up at RB, TE and WR most weeks.

-Jeff Wilson continues to be a steady force at RB2 for most. We also saw Tevin Coleman get into the action and leapfrog to #2 on the SF depth charts. Do I think they are going to win 37-15 again this week, no I do not. This is the 2nd Coast to Coast trip and it would be amazing if they just annihilate the Falcons because I don’t believe that to be the case even though San Fran is very good along their OL/DL despite perhaps being without 1-2 of their very best at those positions, it’s unbelievable how deep they are and who the heck is the OL/DL coaches? Those are the guys that need to be promoted to bigger roles. I might flex Coleman if I were in a sticky spot this weekend with bye weeks, MoP must be flexible and not so biased on players I might not want to roster, sometimes you just gotta hold your nose and start someone you wouldn’t want to. Coleman used to play for Atlanta when Shanahan was the OC but you probably knew that. Atlanta RBs? Not in your best interest but many will try and push Allgeier out there and he did have 13 carries last week vs about half of that by Huntley the back up. Good luck running on the Niners.

-Don’t like either QB much this weekend, I think both might be on the WW in my redrafts. I’d rather focus for a minute on the receivers.

WR/TE: Both teams field a TE that was taken fairly high in most redrafts. Largely they have been a waste or bust so far. Niners are one of the absolute best at shutting down opposing TEs so even if Pitts is healthy he likely won’t see a lot of daylight on Sunday. Kittle however will be facing a defense that allows the 4th most to opposing Tight Ends, you absolutely play kittle this weekend and he should have his best numbers of the season.

Deebo is a must start and will do well, Aiyuk is Top 45 in my redrafts but that’s what he is, 45th. He could be a Top 40 play with all the bye weeks issues but I would not want to start him, Niners won’t need a ton of points to win this game.

Drake London has had 2 bad weeks in a row but he is Top 30 right now and with several WRs not playing this weekend, most won’t have the luxury of letting him sit down but by all means if you have the depth and can avoid him, not a bad move.

Final Score: San Fran 23…Atlanta 19 I want to give Atlanta some respect and the benefit of a home game with a visiting team making a 2nd consecutive long trip across for a 1:00 start. I almost want to call the upset but it’s hard to see that happening here. I do think the Falcons can cover and have largely been doing that all season.

New England at Cleveland (-2.5) (43)

-Belichick is loving life, he’s got a 3rd string QB named Bailey Zappe and a no name defense that nobody discusses. The team has zero sex appeal and everyone wears loose grey sweats around the facility all day. They eat vanilla yogurt and bananas for snacks, they shop at Old Navy for bonding, and they all like a good graham cracker before bed. Coach Belichick is in his element right now and not having to answer silly questions, nobody wants to talk to him.

-This is again not a QB duel that you want to get a piece of, this game is about Stevenson vs Nick Chubb, let’s just get down to it. The Browns are pretty bad at limiting opposing RBs, not saying they stink at stopping the run but the RBs seem to do well vs the Browns. You add in Stevenson is set to get the lion’s share of the touches on Sunday and you can start doing the math and why so many Stevenson investors are looking for a payday on Sunday. Nick Chubb is going to have his work cut out for him vs the Pats on Sunday, it’s a coin flip IMO which one of these 2 RBs is going to end the day with better stats.

-Kareem Hunt had a TD last week and most that have him and are facing any bye week challenge are likely to play him vs the Patriots but the odds he gobbles up a lot behind Chubb is not that high IMO. He’s a flex only and you better hope he gathers up some passes from Brissett. Cooper had another solid week with 7/76/TD, no reason to not start him each and every week. He might not have great numbers this weekend but he gives you a chance to score
Most weeks. They don’t pretend he’s not the No 1 there.

-I like Jakobi Meyers a lot and wish I would have made a trade for him when he was super low to start the season. The Patriots offense is not horrible or nearly as dysfunctional as you would expect with a 3rd string QB leading the charge. The rest of the Pats are barely worth rostering, think Hunter Henry is floating around on the waiver wire in many leagues. Browns are tight vs opposing TEs, wish he was a sleeper but leave him sleeping for now.

Final Score: New England 22…Cleveland 19

Jets at Packers (-7.5) (45)

-The Jets are on a winning streak and the Packers simply do not look good most weeks they take the field and they lost in London last week in a game they were favored and also went down to the last play to win vs the Patriots a couple weeks back at home.

-The Pack have strength in their backfield and seem very hesitant to exploit that or use them in a way where teams know you mean business. Neither one of them ever seems to get a lather going in the game and I don’t understand the mentality. Sometimes you gotta call a guy’s number 4-5-6 times on a drive at RB. They might pick up 2 yds on a play, gather some info and use that immediately on the next run but of course you won’t call his number again until you’ve removed him from the field for a couple plays, give the other RB a touch, all a couple more bubble screens and then he gets his number called for the 2nd time maybe on the drive and that for whatever reason doesn’t net a lot of yards and now he sits and watches the other team get the ball and maybe he gets another touch next drive and it just frustrates and the offense has no continuity when I watch it. There, I said what I feel when I am watching the Packers on offense this year. Because the strength of the team IS NOT their WRs and TEs.

-Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon, feels like Dillon isn’t touching the ball as often as he was in 2021. There’s a definite ceiling right now although Jones did go over 30 early in the season once but most weeks you are praying he can get 12-15 and not be a hole on the roster at RB1/RB2, whichever you have him slotted right now.

-Breece Hall ripped the Miami Dolphins for almost 200 yds and a score last week, Michael Carter was in on the action as well with 2 TDs, you can see how the Jets exploited Miami with their backfield, they didn’t even need to get the WRs involved much vs the depleted secondary they faced. It’s a recipe for winning with a young QB, not sure they will see the same success this week but Green Bay does allow almost 5 yds per carry on defense, the Jets are going to try and run the football, keep Rodgers and the Packers on the sidelines.

-Elijah Moore…I still wouldn’t cut him, he might not be producing at a high level but I still feel the Jets are an improving team, they won’t win 40-17 most weeks and will need to air it out in order to stay competitive. The only WR with over 25 yds last week was Corey Davis who you forget is still on the teams and was paid pretty well to come there. Garrett Wilson is going to be up and down all year. He’s a rookie and they are finding out more about his skill set each week. Some weeks it will pay off and others he might be a little less prominent.

-Cobb 7/99 and Lazard had 35 yds and that was about it. Cobb should not be starting, he’s almost hit over half his projections for the year. His yard totals the last 5-6 seasons are eye popping small. 610-653-383-828-441-375 and 249 this year, his avg is around 450 yds a season and my guess is he won’t sniff 99 yds again this season, I’ve been wrong before though. Lazard, you trust him? Doubs is a rookie but has the most upside right now of anyone they roll out there.

Final Score: Green Bay 24…New York 21

Jags at Colts (-1.5) (41)

-The rematch after Indy was embarrassed in Jacksonville a few weeks back, shutout as I recall vs the Jags and will look to fix that this weekend at home. These 2 teams are pretty close overall. The Jags have a Top 10 defense right now in the NFL, very good against the run and 5 TD vs 7 Int in their secondary, won’t be easy for Matt Ryan and the offense.

-JTaylor at RB is your only option if he is cleared to play. I assume he is since he’s practicing and this game is crucial for Indy to get over the hump and back on track this season, chance to go 3-2-1 with possibly 1st place if they catch the Titans who are on a Bye week I believe.

(Saturday Update) Taylor and Hines are OUT, Lindsay and Price are IN.
It’s easy to dismiss them as being back ups but odds are high one of them will have to make a play or two. Phillip Lindsay has a track record and his rookie year and Year 2 he had over 1,000 yds rushing and 16 TDs over 2 seasons, I wouldn’t hesitate to pull him out of your bag of tricks for tomorrow, especially if you are backed into a corner with injuries and Byes.

Etienne is the hot hand right now, 110+ on 13 touches last week, that’s exactly what investors are looking for and would like to see him more involved in the passing game alongside Kirk in the slot on the underneath routes. JRob had 12 touches last week but they were never ahead or trying to close the game out vs Houston which got their 1st win of the season last week, ouch! JRob will bounce back this week but what that means in totals is going to be difficult to gauge but something better than last week.

-Christian Kirk all but receives an apology from Doug Pederson and you can bet he will get a lot more targets this week. 9-10-11 was what Pederson said is an acceptable number most weeks, that means that Kirk hasn’t done a thing wrong so just keep rolling him out there as a solid WR2/3 and for many of you he’s been a dynamic flex option behind a strong frontline set of WRs.

-The Colts now have 2 WRs you keep track of. Pittman is of course a must start almost any week and now Alec Pierce is starting to come on already as a rookie and making his presence felt in the offense. With so many players unavailable due to byes and such, you gotta look at Pierce as a possible play this week but understand he is a rookie and will be erratic so don’t chase points.

-Anyone brave enough to start Trevor Lawrence this week or simply must out of necessity, we’d like to hear from you folks.

Final Score: Colts 21…Jags 17, I’m not loving the point spread or point totals here. Both teams are good at different things on Defense and that makes this a low scoring game IMHO. I would love to take the Jags, watch them even up their record and get ready to make a push or run this season but the fact is they still have a lot of work to do and they already look light years ahead of last year so I’m optimistic about them overall this year. Just feel like this week the Colts will try and get control of the Division if they can.

Vikings at Dolphins (+3) (45.5)

-I thought the Dolphins would be a shoe in for a good bounce back game vs Minnesota at home this week after a miserable time in Cinci and New York over a 10 day period last 2 games where unfortunately, Good Morning America was playing the highlights of the Tua Sack and subsequent concussion with crinkled up fingers on a stretcher being wheeled off to a level-1 trauma center at the Univ of Cincinnati.

-Miami will be starting 3rd string 7th Rd-rookie Skylar Thompson and I’ve never felt so confident for Miami that they are making the right call not trying to play Teddy B. You go back and look at that incident from the start of the game vs the Jets, 1 drop back and he didn’t take a hard hit to the helmet in any replay I have seen and yet he is in a full Week again of protocols and already announced he will not be starting for Miami this weekend. I would not let Skylar dictate you leaving Hill or Waddle on your bench as some elaborate work around Skylar this weekend, the kid can throw the football. Whether he succeeds or not is mostly conjecture but he appeared in camp and preseason to have a lively arm.

-Kirk Cousins is a must start vs a depleted secondary and a Defense that has registered just 4 turnovers on the season including just 1 interception. Miami is actually decent, not great but decent against the run. I think the Vikings will want to loosen it up with their 3-prong attack at WR utilizing Jefferson much of the time. He should torch the Miami secondary at Hard Rock in the warm weather.

-Cook is a must start, many will roll out Mostert due to necessity. MoP would not release or cut Chase Edmonds just yet. Mostert typically misses time and this is about the right spot where he has secured or taken over mostly at RB, he never can finish a season, why would 20 carries a game in this offense change any of that? 18/113/TD, how often will that be the stat line, plus they lost 40-17 with a 3rd string QB on no reps taking over 2nd play on Offense, nighty night night.

Final Score: Minnesota 24…Miami 20, MoP wants to take Miami here at home in the heat 1:00 game which can be death but they have holes right now and the Vikings have the right players to exploit those open paths to the end zone.

Bengals at Saints (+3) (43)

-What has happened to the team that went to the Super Bowl last year? Outside of 2021, Zac Taylor’s record is 8-28, are you surprised? And they’re favored you say? Both defenses are pretty good actually. Rate at or inside the Top 10 overall and the stats for both teams are similar.

Cinci 6TD-1Int Pass D vs NO 4TD-5Int, there’s a reason the point total is only 43 in this one.

-Dalton is starting at QB, Thomas and Landry are banged up, possibly both of them are out this weekend. You can sift thru the depth chart and you might throw a dart but you’re not going to see the same soft defense you watched with Seatte last week. Olave remains a must start at WR.

-Alvin Kamara had close to 200 yds last week, if you are lucky to have him rostered you have to like what you saw. Almost 30 touches and that does seem like an unsustainable workload but they will lean heavily on him again this week.

-Higgins is going to be a GTD, if he’s out I would expect Tyler Boyd to be more involved. Chase continues to underwhelm with 7/50 last week. RB-Joe Mixon has also been underwhelming of late. Saints do allow 4.5 ypc but that’s about the current NFL Avg.

-Joe Burrow has been a disappointment, it seems the whole team has been in a tailspin and they have a solid chance to beat Dalton, their former starting QB prior to Joe Burrow arriving.

Final Score: New Orleans 23…Cincinnati 20, one last tidbit and maybe some of you can unwrap this but both teams allow a pretty hefty “Depth of Targets” Both of them are 8.8 yds per targets vs say the Niners at 6.8, that’s a big difference. How does that stat matter or impact this game? You tell me but I bet it does something. Long TDs in the Dome?

Ravens and Giants (+6) (45)

-Vegas and the Oddsmakers continue to disrespect the Giants and I also don’t view them as a Playoff team but they have a very nice weapon at RB and Daboll is showing he knows how to get the offense moving as best it can. I don’t think they have world beaters on the OL but they believe in themselves and they are sneaking up on teams. Ravens managed to beat the Bengals on SNF last week, I’m still not sold they are going to start a winning streak vs the Giants

-Bateman is OUT still, would definitely roll Duverney out there while the getting is good. Andrews is the top receiver but Duve should be active and play a decent part in the Ravens pass attack.

-The Giants WRs are up and down, injured or just coming off injury and others we won’t see until next year if ever. I have always admired Darius Slayton and I know he has some detractors but I feel for the environment in New York and a very suspect Quarterback, with bye weeks and scanning the field, I might zero in on him. Baltimore has been torched most of the season in their Secondary, even with some guys back in the cuts they might be vulnerable still.

-Barkley is a no-brainer and the Ravens give up 5 yds a clip, look for the Giants to test that all night. And for the Ravens, can you trust starting Dobbins? You’re gonna have to this weekend but understand he could very easily not make it past 50 yds and also not score. That means he has as serious floor problem that can hurt you big time. On the other hand, you may not have a lot of options. 7-13-8 have been his carry totals since coming back, don’t expect that to change a lot.

-Jackson should shred the Giants, they get very few turnovers, I’d have to look but I’m not sure they have intercepted a pass all season. Daniel Jones would seem in theory to have a good match up but I would almost never trust wheeling him out under any circumstances. All rookie DBs 1st game in the NFL and if Jones was the starting QB facing all 4, I might bet on the rookies.

Final Score: Ravens 25…Giants 20, typically when there is a big Inter-conference game with 2 teams that don’t often see each other and you have one team favored heavily, usually the game ends a lot closer and here we have a 6 point spread.

Bucs at Steelers (+9.5) (45)

-The Steelers give up a lot of yds thru the air. I don’t know that the Bucs have all their weapons at their disposal but I haven’t heard that they are going to be short handed at WR either. Mike Evans figures to be active and that’s almost enough to tip the scales. Evans DNP on Friday but again I have not heard that he was in any danger of missing Sunday. Godwin and Gage were FP on Friday so both figure to suit up vs the Steelers who are allowing a ton of yards per game.

-Brady should easily go over 300 yds this week, multiple TDs unless somehow the weather plays a factor, haven’t looked quite that far ahead but maybe we should. Brady is used to cold weather, let’s go with that. We could discuss Kenny Pickett but right now I am just observing and keeping an open mind. He saw Buffalo last week, the Bucs this week, not expecting huge things out of him right now.

-Evans and Godwin would seem like easy starts if both are playing, gage could be a flex option assuming Julio Jones is out, right now he’s doubtful and I’m tired of writing about him. Even when he is in the game he’s largely useless at this point in FF.

-Fournette continues to post Top 5-10 numbers and is paying huge dividends for investors in the 2nd and even 3rd round of many redrafts. Unfortunately we cannot say the same for Najee Harris who is coming off B2B single digit production weeks after scraping double digits in most PPR formats the 1st 3 weeks, he’s fallen off even more. Hard to believe he is 100%. Most folks who typically play him, don’t have a lot of options.

-Pickens had 6/83 last week and I believe as things progress that he will gain more chemistry with Pickett and pretty soon you have the Pick-2-Pick connection. Diontae Johnson continues steady although not super impressive numbers. Hard to even discuss Claypool right now when we have a rookie QB, impossible for him to truly support 3 WRs right now IMHO. And he has Pete Freiermuth he needs to target as well.

Final Score: Bucs 31…Steelers 13, sometimes the better team has to flex, this would be a huge upset if Pittsburgh were to win, even keeping it close would be a pretty good feat from them.

And one last nugget of info if you had not heard, Brady missed Bucs walk through on Saturday, believe he was traveling away from the team and joining them up in Pittsburgh.

Panthers at Rams (-10) (41.5)

-The Rams have struggled for most of the season and look like a shell of themselves from a year ago. Meanwhile the Carolina Panthers have fired their HC just a handful of games into 2022 and must be thinking already about next season. Should the Rams be favored by double digits? I don’t even know who is actually going to be the QB in Carolina. PJ Walker?

-Outside of Moore and McCaffrey, hard to want to start any Panthers and I might trim it down even further. Moore is barely inside the Top 50 right now.

-Cam Akers is OUT this weekend due to personal reasons and I won’t speculate If you have Henderson, think you would be wise to start him. Panthers defense was actually decent although not special and the Rams have been struggling but this is a perfect spot for them to take out their aggressions. It’s hard to even imagine what the Panthers players must be feeling going into this football game. Coach Wilks was not very good in Arizona, I imagine they are not going to win many games the rest of the season.

-The Rams do not get a lot of pressure on teams, they are one of the lower ranked teams right now for Sacks, Knockdowns and QBHurry.

-Stafford was a fringe 10-12 guy this season, this weekend he should be a Top 10 play despite some struggles so far. I even look for some other players on the Rams to get involved, Allen Robinson has been a disaster but it’s when you least expect things, that tends to be when some of these players have a turnaround. Cooper Kupp has been the entire offense and they are 2-3 right now, things have to change for the Rams to salvage the season.

Final Score: Rams 33…Panthers 7, it just doesn’t appear good for Carolina, I’d pick anyone they play this weekend to beat them like a drum, it just happens to be the LA Rams.

Cardinals at Seahawks (+2.5) (50.5)

-Seattle ranks as the worst team against opposing depth of targets meaning they give up some big plays in the passing game, Murray and the Cards should have a field day up in Seattle this weekend. Geno Smith and the Seahawks will likely need to score a lot of points to try and keep pace in this one. A lot of Seattle games right now are going high.

-45.8% and 51.9%, what do you think this is? That is the % of drives that end in a score. Arizona at 45 and Seattle almost 52, over half of all drives end in a score. The o/u on this game should be like 60, Start’em ALL.

-Geno has 38 and 32 last 2 weeks in many redraft leagues last 2 weeks, have not been endorsing a lot of QBs in this week's notes but Smith is a guy that if you have him as your QB2 and you haven’t used him yet, this is a pretty good week. I will caution that Geno would seem destined to return to earth but the guy is like a 10 yr vet at this point and he obviously has been waiting for a chance to showcase. It hasn’t turned into a lot of wins yet but Seattle is not on a collision course for the No 1 overall pick either. There’s a lot riding on this game for both teams with a chance to right the ship and get to .500 in a pretty soft NFC which has a lot of folks scratching their heads wondering which teams are for real.

-30, 28, 26 and a couple of forgettable games, Murray has not been doing amazing things. 10th right now, fringe starter most weeks but he should cash in this Sunday with a trip to Seattle.
-Metcalf and Lockett seem like easy starts in almost all formats. 200 yds and 3 TDs between the 2 of them last week, Geno finds his top WR Duo. For Arizona, Hollywood and Ertz are no brainers. Something to think about since Rondale Moore will be a decent flex play this week, what happens when Hopkins returns to this group? I think all of them will see a couple less targets but I also believe Hollywood Brown owners might suffer the most. MoP gut says Hollywood has another nice game this weekend, maybe his best of the season which will make Hopkins arrival all the more intriguing.

-Rashaad Penny helped a lot of us towards the end of last year and was just starting to hit that stride where he rips off 100-150 yds days with TDs and things you don’t see form a lot of RBs around the NFL right now. Kenny Walker will help fans feel a little better this weekend. He exploded last week with 8/88/TD and that is one smooth stat line. DeeJay Dallas is the back up here and I would expect his role to expand to a potential flex play this week or desperation throw by some. I don’t think they want to injure Walker and give him 25 carries so i would expect someone to see a decent number of touches as the CoP Back.

-James Conner is likely OUT with a rib injury. Eno Benjamin seems to be the guy that will get a decent workload but I want to stress that he will not see 20+ touches, that’s a bit of a pipe dream I believe. There will be other RBs touching the football but the cool thing is Eno doesn’t need high volume to make a splash this weekend. He was a single digit guy until he hit around 14 last week and everyone is all in Week 6. I caution you that it might not end the way you think it is but I’m excited for the Eno investors out there including myself on a few redrafts. DFS is going to be a fun Sunday, lots of sleepers.

Final Score: Arizona 31…Seattle 27, most will be watching the next I discuss but there should be plenty of action in this football game. 52 combined missed tackles on the season, 26 a piece, that’s about 5 a game, each team and that should make for some big chunks in this game.

Bills at Chiefs (+2.5) (54.5)

-Hear me out, but where you have 1 out of every 2 drives ending in a score in AZ/SEA, these 2 teams are quite the opposite allowing just 1 in every 4 drives to score or around 25% of the time so you can bet I am going to have a defensive theme as we glide along in this.

-I’m sure Allen and Mahomes are going to show their chops but do not be surprised if this game actually hits the Under and you might not have the pinball score of the Playoffs last season. 300 yds perhaps but I don’t see either QB hitting 3-4-5 TDs, this game is going to be a lot more defense than folks realize. If you’ve been watching the Chiefs, they drafted a lot of young talent and overturned a good chunk of their roster, it’s working and they are getting themselves set up for the future.

-None of the KC WRs are reliable but you still see a steady number of targets for JJSS and outside of Travis Kelce there hasn’t been a lot to write home about with the KC passing game for FF. I can start trying to prop up MVS but that would go against many things I have written about him when he spent time with the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. I understand many of you might be between rock and a hard place this weekend but rolling MVS or Hardman out there is absolute Russian Roulette. It’s one thing to carry these guys on your bench for 5 weeks and never have to play them and quite another when you are forced to start them.

-Buffalo on the other hand has multiple WRs, it’s not all Diggs except when they have multiple WRs out and the health of this unit has been tested. Gabe Davis showed up last week with 3/150/2TDs, maybe it was 175. The challenge is some folks had him on their bench, oh yes. You go back and look at his stats, the injury and some folks weren’t sure but anytime he’s healthy or starting, must play almost every week. McKenzie on the other hand has been battling injuries but he practiced in full and while I might not start him, some of you have to fill those flex spots. It stands to reason that Diggs and Davis will occupy the KC secondary and some other role players could see a bump this weekend. Davis as most of you remember had like 4 TDs the last time these 2 teams met, one would think KC will have a DB blanketing him the entire game.

-Is CEH or McKinnon the play this week for KC? The fact they don’t seem to know and we don’t seem to know is a worry and could be the swing in the game.

-In a blowout of the Steelers last week, no Buffalo RB had more than 6 carries, Dev Singletary is a mystery when he gets to touch the football. How can you get excited about 6 carries?

Final Score: Buffalo 24…KC 21, the Bills are on a mission this year and they’ve had one blip on the radar in Miami so far, the Chiefs have looked good but also beatable in a couple games, they still are trying to get their offense right or consistently in synch whereas Buffalo seems to be explosive most weeks, they even racked up 500 yds of offense when they lost. Chiefs have 34 missed tackles on the season despite being ranked as a solid defense thus far.

Last edited:
Dallas at Philly (-6.5) (42)

-Dallas is going to win this football game, it’s just a matter of how they do it. I like the Eagles a lot and they have looked good but everyone has to lose eventually and I haven’t seen anything that makes me believe Philly is going undefeated but they are a solid football team with amazing weapons that can explode and typically they jump out on their opponents and then hang on in the 2nd Half. I believe the Dallas Defense is for real and they have something cooking in terms of playing mistake free and focusing on shutting down the opposing offenses they face.

-Cooper Rush will do his usual game management. Can Philly disrupt him enough to rattle Rush and upset the flow of the offense in a way they haven’t experienced lately?

-I saw Zeke Elliot flat cut in a league this week, he did have 22 carries last week and I expect a big dose of him on SNF, still feels like Pollard is the guy you want right now. Zeke’s volume shows you though that Dallas prefers to ram him up inside as often as possible. Pollard is 28th and Elliot 36th right now so there isn’t a huge swing in the two of them yet when you watch it seems obvious which one looks like he has a burst and that’s Pollard.

-Dallas won by double digits last week in Los Angeles, didn’t have to throw the ball a lot but I expect them to throw a little more this week. Lamb and Gallup seem like easy WR1 WR2 in this offense and eventually when Prescott returns you should expect both to be weekly recommendations but right now with Rush it’s hard for both of them to have big numbers. They’re going to need both of them to find separation vs an Eagles team that has a strong secondary that makes plays.

-The Cowboys are an NFL Best 33.6% of the time they either come up with a sack, knockdown or QB pressure/hurry on every dropback they face. Tomorrow will be difficult against one of the better OL in the NFL. Can Hurts find time and find his receivers tomorrow night. Both teams are stingy in their secondary allowing about 1 TD per game so this isn’t likely to be a score bonanza.

-Sanders has had 2 really nice starts out of 5 weeks, 2 of his games were basically duds for FF. Dallas is not going to be easy for him to find a lot of soft yards on Sunday Night, might be tough for him if he’s not involved in the passing game. As far as the 2 WRs in Philly AJ Brown and Smith, doesn’t matter who they face, you gotta start both of them. So far as many have pointed out, one or the other typically has a good game but we haven’t seen both of them have strong games together and I don’t know that Dallas will be the team that the script changes, in fact I would bet against that happening.

-The fact is there is a lot of talent at WR on both teams and there is plenty of experience and ability to score at the RB positions so despite strong defenses and Cooper Rush taking the field, there’s a chance this game turns into a shootout just because of the skill level involved. What is that chance you might ask? I would say it’s about 30% the game is more on the high side so most people are going to go with a lower score or anticipation.

Final Score: Dallas 24…Philly 23, The Cowboys will need a Defensive score to pull this off but that hasn’t been a problem lately. If they don’t score on defense then they have a heavy hand in the outcome, short fields, turnovers, strip sacks, they’re going to need all of it to get past Philly. It’s either that or Philly wins like 37-7 and we see Dak next week, I prefer to believe Dallas will be forced to pull Cooper even though they are winning and then we’ll see what happens from there. Not sure Philly has faced a defense as ferocious as Dallas, should be an exciting game. And even if I didn’t pick Dallas I likely would take the points, America’s Team a TD underdog in Primetime?

Last edited:
Denver at LAC (-4.5) (45.5)

-Make fun of the Broncos all you want but they’re defense is pretty darn good and it’s easy to get excited about Herbert and the Chargers but the fact is the Bolts defense is very suspect right now. I would say that the Chargers have a Playoff offense but also are bringing in the 27th ranked Defense vs Denver has the #3 rated overall defense.

-Gordon and Boone will split up duties and here is a spot you can get some easy points. The Bolts give up close to 6 yds per carry. Mike Boone might be the sleeper of the week, nobody took him in several redrafts this past week. Denver would be wise to get their ground game working and take some pressure off Wilson and the passing game. Russell is going to be in attack mode, Chargers also give up a lot of yds passing and although they have playmakers in the secondary, they also have given up 10 TDs over 5 games, that’s on the high side in the NFL. Denver has given up just 3 Touchdowns thru the air this season…this isn’t going to go the way you want it to.

-Sutton is Top 12 right now, ride the wave. Jeudy on the other hand has been up and down and also coming off an injury, 13 targets the last 2 weeks, he should hit the box score this week and have one of his better games. He’s had 2 quality starts thus far 4/100/TD, 4/50/TD, that’s the type of game he should need for Denver to win on MNF, yes I said win although that might not be the precision here.

-Let’s discuss the Bolts as Ekeler has started to make a stronger appearance vaulting to the No 1 overall RB with huge B2B weeks feasting on Houston and Cleveland last week. Expert something a little more like we saw the first 3 weeks only because Denver has a solid defense.

-Keenan Allen is not only doubtful to suit up, aiming more for Week 7 vs Seattle but Allen was a little critical of his coach this past week tweeting about the decisions to go for it, etc…we’ll see how that plays out later in the season. Mike Williams has done pretty well over the years vs Denver, for a guy typically up and down, he usually makes a solid appearance vs the Broncos. Gerald Everett is going to get another crack without Allen in the line up, you anticipate more than 3 targets like he got last week.

-Justin Herbert is the X Factor and we still don't know fully what he can top out at it. I say this because special players do special things and even though Denver has a stingy pass defense, it's totally possible Herbert has a great game and pushes their average down a notch or two. Still though he has his work cut out for him and the Broncos don't give up many passing TDs

Final Score: Broncos 21…Chargers 20, AFC West will tighten up a bit this weekend, KC 4-2, DEN 3-3 and LAC 3-3

-What has happened to the team that went to the Super Bowl last year? Outside of 2021, Zac Taylor’s record is 8-28, are you surprised? And they’re favored you say? Both defenses are pretty good actually. Rate at or inside the Top 10 overall and the stats for both teams are similar.

Cinci 6TD-1Int Pass D vs NO 4TD-5Int, there’s a reason the point total is only 43 in this one.

-Dalton is starting at QB, Thomas and Landry are banged up, possibly both of them are out this weekend. You can sift thru the depth chart and you might throw a dart but you’re not going to see the same soft defense you watched with Seatte last week. Olave remains a must start at WR.

-Alvin Kamara had close to 200 yds last week, if you are lucky to have him rostered you have to like what you saw. Almost 30 touches and that does seem like an unsustainable workload but they will lean heavily on him again this week.

-Higgins is going to be a GTD, if he’s out I would expect Tyler Boyd to be more involved. Chase continues to underwhelm with 7/50 last week. RB-Joe Mixon has also been underwhelming of late. Saints do allow 4.5 ypc but that’s about the current NFL Avg.

-Joe Burrow has been a disappointment, it seems the whole team has been in a tailspin and they have a solid chance to beat Dalton, their former starting QB prior to Joe Burrow arriving.

Final Score: New Orleans 23…Cincinnati 20, one last tidbit and maybe some of you can unwrap this but both teams allow a pretty hefty “Depth of Targets” Both of them are 8.8 yds per targets vs say the Niners at 6.8, that’s a big difference. How does that stat matter or impact this game? You tell me but I bet it does something. Long TDs in the Dome?
Is Lattimore out for this one?

WR/TE: Both teams field a TE that was taken fairly high in most redrafts. Largely they have been a waste or bust so far. Niners are one of the absolute best at shutting down opposing TEs so even if Pitts is healthy he likely won’t see a lot of daylight on Sunday. Kittle however will be facing a defense that allows the 4th most to opposing Tight Ends, you absolutely play kittle this weekend and he should have his best numbers of the season.
I'm not sure the bolded is true. The 49ers have faced the easiest TE schedule in the NFL so far.

Wk 1: Kmet
Wk2 : Dissly/Fant
Wk3: Denver's TEBC
Wk4: Higbee, who put up 17 PPR points.
Wk5: Carolina's nobodies

Pitts probably profiles closest to Higbee among this group. Not saying run out and start him, as his health/role are questionable, but I'm not concerned about the matchup at all.

ETA: Sounds like Olave is out in the NO game.

I'm not sure the bolded is true. The 49ers have faced the easiest TE schedule in the NFL so far.

Pitts probably profiles closest to Higbee among this group. Not saying run out and start him, as his health/role are questionable, but I'm not concerned about the matchup at all.

Nice catch on Olave, that's just breaking that he is likely OUT, big blow to the Saints.

If the Patriots are going to beat the Browns, and Belichick exercises typical modus operandi, he will seek to eliminate Chubb and force Brissett to beat the Patriots defense through the air. IMHO, that's probably what's going to happen. The trick is figuring out how competitive the Browns defense can be, in terms of keeping the game close enough so that they keep pounding away with Chubb despite not getting much return out of him, and not forcing Brissett to play from behind a significant margin, which takes Chubb off the field. I'm still trying to figure that out, because I think there's a script here that allows Hunt to have a sneaky good game as a checkdown option for Brissett chasing points, but not enough of them to force him into doing anything ultra-risky. I'll probably ponder that one right up to kickoff.

If the Patriots are going to beat the Browns, and Belichick exercises typical modus operandi, he will seek to eliminate Chubb and force Brissett to beat the Patriots defense through the air. IMHO, that's probably what's going to happen. The trick is figuring out how competitive the Browns defense can be, in terms of keeping the game close enough so that they keep pounding away with Chubb despite not getting much return out of him, and not forcing Brissett to play from behind a significant margin, which takes Chubb off the field. I'm still trying to figure that out, because I think there's a script here that allows Hunt to have a sneaky good game as a checkdown option for Brissett chasing points, but not enough of them to force him into doing anything ultra-risky. I'll probably ponder that one right up to kickoff.
It'll be interesting to watch Hoodie try to limit Chubb, and likely limit Njoku from being such a force as he has, and then it's game script. Who scores first, who gets up early? NE will want to run the ball and control the clock like it's a home game. Oh, starting Stevenson in another league. Hunt likely to see check downs if Hoodie gets an early lead. Even if CLE gets up Hunt will see a fair share of check downs. I have Chubb in one league and pivoted off of NE D, but might pivot back cuz they get CHI at home next week on MNF. I know today is today and NE D not ranked very high in a potential low scoring affair... tick, tick, tick, run the ball, tick, tick, tick. 22-19 NE seems about right MoP in a lil upset on the road. I also like the DAL call on the road in PHI. Starting the DAL D as well against the low rating.

-Make fun of the Broncos all you want but they’re defense is pretty darn good and it’s easy to get excited about Herbert and the Chargers but the fact is the Bolts defense is very suspect right now. I would say that the Chargers have a Playoff offense but also are bringing in the 27th ranked Defense vs Denver has the #3 rated overall defense.

-Gordon and Boone will split up duties and here is a spot you can get some easy points. The Bolts give up close to 6 yds per carry. Mike Boone might be the sleeper of the week, nobody took him in several redrafts this past week. Denver would be wise to get their ground game working and take some pressure off Wilson and the passing game. Russell is going to be in attack mode, Chargers also give up a lot of yds passing and although they have playmakers in the secondary, they also have given up 10 TDs over 5 games, that’s on the high side in the NFL. Denver has given up just 3 Touchdowns thru the air this season…this isn’t going to go the way you want it to.

-Sutton is Top 12 right now, ride the wave. Jeudy on the other hand has been up and down and also coming off an injury, 13 targets the last 2 weeks, he should hit the box score this week and have one of his better games. He’s had 2 quality starts thus far 4/100/TD, 4/50/TD, that’s the type of game he should need for Denver to win on MNF, yes I said win although that might not be the precision here.

-Let’s discuss the Bolts as Ekeler has started to make a stronger appearance vaulting to the No 1 overall RB with huge B2B weeks feasting on Houston and Cleveland last week. Expert something a little more like we saw the first 3 weeks only because Denver has a solid defense.

-Keenan Allen is not only doubtful to suit up, aiming more for Week 7 vs Seattle but Allen was a little critical of his coach this past week tweeting about the decisions to go for it, etc…we’ll see how that plays out later in the season. Mike Williams has done pretty well over the years vs Denver, for a guy typically up and down, he usually makes a solid appearance vs the Broncos. Gerald Everett is going to get another crack without Allen in the line up, you anticipate more than 3 targets like he got last week.

-Justin Herbert is the X Factor and we still don't know fully what he can top out at it. I say this because special players do special things and even though Denver has a stingy pass defense, it's totally possible Herbert has a great game and pushes their average down a notch or two. Still though he has his work cut out for him and the Broncos don't give up many passing TDs

Final Score: Broncos 21…Chargers 20, AFC West will tighten up a bit this weekend, KC 4-2, DEN 3-3 and LAC 3-3
Listening to the watch Gordon with a Q tag and perhaps more of Boone. Perhaps Boone is a nice sleeper Flex play if need be, MoP. More insurance for a Flex play if we find others ruled out with something saved. Now, is Boone anything to look at ROS hmmm...

Nice catch on Olave, that's just breaking that he is likely OUT, big blow to the Saints.

The CIN Def looks like a nice play this week.

This is the 2nd Coast to Coast trip

They stayed and practiced at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, WV, this week. Did the same in 2020 and 2021 when they had consecutive road games in the eastern time zone and went 4-0.
I figured someone would have one of these. I saw Greenbrier, WV on some tennis tournament over the weekend. I think Miami has to do a double West Coast later in the season, I'm guessing they will stay out there for the 2 football games as well.

I did want to see if anyone had this tidbit and you posted it right up, ty Bobby

Listening to the watch Gordon with a Q tag and perhaps more of Boone. Perhaps Boone is a nice sleeper Flex play if need be, MoP. More insurance for a Flex play if we find others ruled out with something saved. Now, is Boone anything to look at ROS hmmm...
I'm wondering the same thing. I've dismissed him but Gordon is not going to hold on the starting job by himself, I could see Boone perhaps gravitating towards more touches but let's remember that Javonte Williams was fighting for touches his entire career to this point, not like Boone is going to be a 20 touch guy IMHO. But 10-12-15 some weeks would be plenty for certain investors and rosters.

Ravens and Giants (+6) (45)
-Bateman is OUT still, would definitely roll Duverney out there while the getting is good. Andrews is the top receiver but Duve should be active and play a decent part in the Ravens pass attack.
Jamison Hensley
@jamisonhensley
With Rashod Bateman out, here are the Ravens' four wide receivers and their stats in 2022:

Devin Duvernay
(17 catches, 226 yards)
Demarcus Robinson (6 catches, 49 yards)
Tylan Wallace (2 catches, 17 yards)
James Proche II (1 catch, 7 yards)

How you feel now that Olave is out and Dalton starting?

Not very good, might have to flip this one around to the Bengals favor, Saints seem to find creative ways inside that Dome. Thomas is OUT is Landry OUT as well? They have almost nothing to hurt the Bengals with in their passing game.

Bucs at Steelers (+9.5) (45)
-The Steelers give up a lot of yds thru the air.
https://twitter.com/SigmundBloom
Sigmund Bloom
@SigmundBloom
Stacks upon stacks

Alex Caruso@AlexCaruso
Steelers are missing their Top 3 corners AND Minkah Fitzpatrick Tom Brady, Chris Godwin, and Mike Evans could all go NUCLEAR this week
This will be the week a backup TE catches 3 TDs, or Lenny Fournette gets a bunch of goalline TDs after Evans gets tackled on the 1 or interfered with in the endzone.

Not very good, might have to flip this one around to the Bengals favor, Saints seem to find creative ways inside that Dome. Thomas is OUT is Landry OUT as well? They have almost nothing to hurt the Bengals with in their passing game.
Taysom time again?

Happy I benched C.Otton this week. He helped get me the high score last week. Back to Knox today.

What an awfully boring start to the 1pm games. Yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread