What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Explosions at Boston Marathon (2 Viewers)

I'm going disgruntled taxpayer.
Careful. Some people in here find that to be unfunny.
I'm serious, not trying to be funny. My prediction is this is domestic and it's someone angry about taxes.
So was I. If Vegas would let me put money on this, I put it on the line for some Tea Party extremist wanting a 21st century tea party event.
That's what I was thinking, too. A lot of symbolism for a domestic terrorist (Boston, "Patriot Day", Tax Day), but a seemingly odd target for an Islamic radical.

Fox suspects IRA. What is this? 1984?
IRA? Really?
That's what you get for watching FOX.
True, except that's not what was actually said on Fox News. The anchor was discussing garbage can bombs, and mentioning that that specific bombing method was used by the IRA in the 80s.
Yeah, that's great journalism. :rolleyes:
You're an ####### for choosing this thread to ##### about FOX news. Seriously what a ####### loser

Thoughts and prayers to anyone who knows anyone. My buddy broke the 3 hour mark so he wasn't around when they went off. I knew he had finished a while ago but still got very nervous when I heard the news

Mom dukes is a-ok - luckily for me she is a quick runner and finished before the explosion. Just spoke with her. She was pretty messed up though talking about it.

I don't know much else - she had to go. Will speak to her tomorrow hopefully.

Best wishes to everyone else out there though.
:thumbup:

IRA? Really?
True, except that's not what was actually said on Fox News. The anchor was discussing garbage can bombs, and mentioning that that specific bombing method was used by the IRA in the 80s.
You're an ####### for choosing this thread to ##### about FOX news. Seriously what a ####### loser
If you think that's what's going on, you're equally bad for escalating the issue in here. Now shut up and move along

I'm serious, not trying to be funny. My prediction is this is domestic and it's someone angry about taxes.
So was I. If Vegas would let me put money on this, I put it on the line for some Tea Party extremist wanting a 21st century tea party event.
Jesus H Christ are you ####### kidding me. You politico nutjobs never cease to amaze
You do know that almost all terrorism in this country is home grown right? And you do know most of that is right wingers right? If he was placing a bet the odds would be on his side. He may be wrong but he isn't saying anything crazy.

That's what I was thinking, too. A lot of symbolism for a domestic terrorist (Boston, "Patriot Day", Tax Day), but a seemingly odd target for an Islamic radical.
Trying to kill innocent people is an odd target for an Islamic radical?

Bringing up the Tea Party? Seriously?

I've made my feelings about the Tea Party well known, but they would NEVER be involved in something like this. Never. This is either the work of a lunatic or a terrorist.

IRA? Really?
What is wrong with stating that was a method of bombing used by them in the 80s? They stated a fact and it's a reason many were removed from London due to the fact they were used to hide bombs.
Because we don't even really know for sure what happened. Some times talking heads would be better served shutting up and waiting for real information instead of running their mouths.
They didn't say it was what happened. Every network and news source is trying to speculate what happened. I know you guys on the left hate Fox but this isn't a reason to bash them.
Local authorities were advising people to be conscious of, and stay away from, garbage cans. With that, I don't think the discussion of garbage can bombs, and their historical significance, is out of line.

Mom dukes is a-ok - luckily for me she is a quick runner and finished before the explosion. Just spoke with her. She was pretty messed up though talking about it. I don't know much else - she had to go. Will speak to her tomorrow hopefully. Best wishes to everyone else out there though.
Excellent news

So much info out their right now, don't know what to believe.... This a tweet I just saw.

from BPD: Another possible incendiary device at UMass Library. Get it out on social media that people should get away from the area ASAP

A friend in police says chatter is saying it's the middle east variety of the "T" word which our current administration cannot bring themselves to utter... but who knwos if he knows anything more than anyone else.
Is this shtick?
No a reference to an earlier post from someone else.
I'm not sure what you mean, you probably don't know either.
Post No. 25. Others commented on it. That's pretty much it.

IRA? Really?
What is wrong with stating that was a method of bombing used by them in the 80s? They stated a fact and it's a reason many were removed from London due to the fact they were used to hide bombs.
Because we don't even really know for sure what happened. Some times talking heads would be better served shutting up and waiting for real information instead of running their mouths.
They didn't say it was what happened. Every network and news source is trying to speculate what happened. I know you guys on the left hate Fox but this isn't a reason to bash them.
I am more than willing to bash any of them. Fox News happened to be the one in that post. Would have said the same about ABC or NBC or CBS or CNN or whoever. In fact I think if you re-read what I wrote you'd realize I wasn't talking about Fox in particular but talking heads in general.

Coordinated explosive attacks.

Simultaneously.

Out of Boston.

No, doesn't ring a bell. No sirreee.

man you #######s play nice in here for now

in a couple of days we can all be the giant partisain d-bags we long to be

right now just be civil

A friend in police says chatter is saying it's the middle east variety of the "T" word which our current administration cannot bring themselves to utter... but who knwos if he knows anything more than anyone else.
Is this shtick?
Oh, I get it now.

Can't believe RBM didn't unload on you with a long rant. But since it was anti-Obama I guess you're probably safe.

All of you people trying to speculate on those responsible or lay blame on some person or group you want to score political points against are about the lowest scum on here. Take your trash somewhere else.

This is horrific and sad. Let's save the blame game for another day and another thread.

T&P to all those affected.

No, obviously not. But you're oversimplifying this. High profile terrorist attacks in the US tend to have a specific significance attached to the act. I'm merely stating that the motivations make more sense for a domestic terrorist. Given the political climate of the day, I'd also say that the chances of a domestic terrorist being a right wing looney are much higher than it being a modern version of the Weather Underground.

Is this shtick?
Oh, I get it now.

Can't believe RBM didn't unload on you with a long rant. But since it was anti-Obama I guess you're probably safe.
I'd say I touched on that issue as gingerly a could be.

We're talking about a president who could barely use the T-word at a speech memorializing the 9/11/01 attacks just days after the terrorist attacks at the Lybian consulate had been blamed on a youtube video for political purposes.

No, don't worry, not going there.

Everyone is eager to criticize the news stations whenever these events happen. They are bound to make mistakes, report stupid things, ask really dumb questions, make absurd predictions often based on their political POV. That's all to be anticipated. They are under tremendous pressure to give us immediate answers. It's a good idea to temper our expectations.

No, obviously not. But you're oversimplifying this. High profile terrorist attacks in the US tend to have a specific significance attached to the act. I'm merely stating that the motivations make more sense for a domestic terrorist. Given the political climate of the day, I'd also say that the chances of a domestic terrorist being a right wing looney are much higher than it being a modern version of the Weather Underground.
Huh? I don't think 9/11 had a specific significance attached to it. The WTC bombing years before didn't as well.

Jesus H Christ are you ####### kidding me. You politico nutjobs never cease to amaze
You do know that almost all terrorism in this country is home grown right? And you do know most of that is right wingers right? If he was placing a bet the odds would be on his side. He may be wrong but he isn't saying anything crazy.
I'll take a link or GTFO.

Users who are viewing this thread