What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Extreme Left Threats against Supreme Court (2 Viewers)

How is it legal to harass judges? Especially SCOTUS judges. And I love how so many posters around here take issue with being called radical leftists, but are immediately cracking jokes and tacitly approving of this nonsense.
Remember, they have it coming because of their job. Harassment, threats, attempting assassination, shutting down highways, taking over city blocks, mostly peaceful 🤣 protests, getting people fired etc etc. All perfectly normal behavior. Let's add banning government business from one state to another, being compared to apartheid and on and on. This is all rational behavior to many on this site. 

He believes that a meal begins at reservation. Maybe he'll need to travel to another state, stay overnight at a hotel, and hope nobody reports him in order to have a safe meal. His right to an overpriced steak dinner isn't anywhere in the Constitution, so I guess he doesn't have that right based on his logic.
Hiding behind an alias.  Probably a good idea with a post like that.

I’ve never understood the logic behind somebody doing something like this. Do they think he’s going to go back to the job tomorrow and initiate a proceedings to reverse his decision? What are you attempting to gain here other than harass somebody. That seems like an awful angry life to lead. Just can’t wrap my head around it

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, they have it coming because of their job. Harassment, threats, attempting assassination, shutting down highways, taking over city blocks, mostly peaceful 🤣 protests, getting people fired etc etc. All perfectly normal behavior. Let's add banning government business from one state to another, being compared to apartheid and on and on. This is all rational behavior to many on this site. 

Exactly. They should have known the absolutely normal behavior of threats upon their life and livelihood were in the contract. 

I’ve never understood the logic behind somebody doing something like this. Do they think he’s going to go back to the job tomorrow and initiate a proceedings to reverse his decision? What are you attempting to gain here other than harass somebody. That seems like an awful angry life to lead. Just can’t wrap my head around it

Good post. I would think that behavior like that increases the chances that it has the opposite affect and works directly against the reasons why you threatened the justice in the first place.

I would suggest at least some of them are hoping to intimidate him (and the rest of the SCOTUS) into re-thinking any further conservative judgements.

I would suggest at least some of them are hoping to intimidate him (and the rest of the SCOTUS) into re-thinking any further conservative judgements.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind that there are those expecting some crazy on the left to put threats to action and then Biden gets to put "their guy" on the bench.

"Yeah, that's terrible what happened to <insert_SCOTUS_Justice_Name_Here>.  Simply terrible.  Hey - Did you hear Joe Biden nominated one of our guys to replace him?  It sucks that it had to happen this way, but what are you going to do?"

Have you seen the videos of protesters on the news before?  They look like a bunch of angry lost souls, life losers or malcontents who have nothing and live for stuff like this.  Stange lifestyle indeed.

Most of my friends and family are Dems, they would never think of doing stuff like this.

Were they protesting inside or outside of the restaurant?
They were protesting outside the restaurant... and it is reported that he didn't see them. He grabbed his doggy bag of beer and scurried out the back door, into the back alley that so many women will be forced into around the country. 

I'll start feeling bad for him when 10-year-old girls who are pregnant from rape aren't forced to flee to another state in order to get the healthcare they need. 

They were protesting outside the restaurant... and it is reported that he didn't see them. He grabbed his doggy bag of beer and scurried out the back door, into the back alley that so many women will be forced into around the country. 

I'll start feeling bad for him when 10-year-old girls who are pregnant from rape aren't forced to flee to another state in order to get the healthcare they need. 
I don’t like the idea of personally harassing people out to eat with their families but it is a constitutionally protected right. I believe SCOTUS has protected the right of protesters at abortion clinics without buffer zones. There’s a time and place imo for protest. It’s not at restaurants and isn’t at Planned Parenthood either. The Constitution and SCOTUS seem to disagree with that. 

Well now we understand the mindset of people who act this way ,thanks posty 

Well now we understand the mindset of people who act this way ,thanks posty 
Worth noting that pro-lifers didn't do stuff like this.  We had to deal with a fringe element of violent extremists, of course, but they were always just that: a fringe that most of us were more or less constantly condemning.  I can't even recall anybody saying that we should have been stalking RBG or Blackmun or anybody.  

(I certainly can't recall any pro-lifers on this forum casually cracking jokes about stalking justices or defending people who harass them and their families at their homes). 

Worth noting that pro-lifers didn't do stuff like this.  We had to deal with a fringe element of violent extremists, of course, but they were always just that: a fringe that most of us were more or less constantly condemning.  I can't even recall anybody saying that we should have been stalking RBG or Blackmun or anybody.  

(I certainly can't recall any pro-lifers on this forum casually cracking jokes about stalking justices or defending people who harass them and their families at their homes). 

As someone who has always been and still is Pro-Choice, I couldn't agree more with your post here. Thanks for sharing.

Just 50 years worth.  These folks are just as fringe and only fringe as "yours" (since your using a team "we" here)

WTF. It feels almost inevitable now that SCOTUS assassination attempt is coming at some point relatively soon. But let's crack more jokes about this, lefties. So ####### funny!

Yep.  Part of the plan.  These groups know full well that someone is going to go the full mile, which is why they're doing this.  It's a numbers game.

Yep.  Part of the plan.  These groups know full well that someone is going to go the full mile, which is why they're doing this.  It's a numbers game.
I wish this weren't true, but it is probably true. The worst part of the internet is that extremist groups can now radicalize people at arms length.

It happened in the Buffalo shooting case. He wasn't formally part of any group, but there are groups on the internet that targeted and indoctrinated him. He just doesn't realize it. They cheered when he shot up the grocery store as if it was their own victory.

It's not hard to see this SCOTUS stuff ending the same way due to the way these groups are acting.

Terror is more decentralized than ever and the leaders behind it can get away without punishment because they are not officially connected to the followers. 

I wish this weren't true, but it is probably true. The worst part of the internet is that extremist groups can now radicalize people at arms length.

It happened in the Buffalo shooting case. He wasn't formally part of any group, but there are groups on the internet that targeted and indoctrinated him. He just doesn't realize it. They cheered when he shot up the grocery store as if it was their own victory.

It's not hard to see this SCOTUS stuff ending the same way due to the way these groups are acting.

Terror is more decentralized than ever and the leaders behind it can get away because they are not officially connected to the followers. 

The infuriating part is when Twitter allows SCOTUS justices to be so brazenly targeted. I'm sure they'd operate differently if it were a liberal-leaning court.

I don’t like the idea of personally harassing people out to eat with their families but it is a constitutionally protected right. I believe SCOTUS has protected the right of protesters at abortion clinics without buffer zones. There’s a time and place imo for protest. It’s not at restaurants and isn’t at Planned Parenthood either. The Constitution and SCOTUS seem to disagree with that. 
Very well said.

Also, it will instigate the other right to do the same to the them.  This is a step backwards imo.  It's 2022, put an emoji in your twitter handle, don't stalk supreme court justices smh.

Then you can start feeling bad.  Fact checks are in full swing for this story and it looks very much illusory.

It's a one source story.  There is no search for the rapist. None of the child welfare agencies in the state have a record of this.

Yet another made up story that the press runs with because it fits a narrative.  Truth doesn't matter.

Then you can start feeling bad.  Fact checks are in full swing for this story and it looks very much illusory.

It's a one source story.  There is no search for the rapist. None of the child welfare agencies in the state have a record of this.

Yet another made up story that the press runs with because it fits a narrative.  Truth doesn't matter.
Thanks for exposing this, scary what will get thrown out there just cause it fits the narrative.  

The law is the law though right?  We can certainly talk about how this is a valid concern for any 10 year old in the state of SD, not because the scenario played out, but because if it did, she would, indeed, have to leave the state to get help.  I can't imagine being a 10 year old girl in that position.  Whether the scenario has played out or not and arguing about that seems very "LOOK!!!!  SQUIRREL!!!!!!" to me.  

The law is the law though right?  We can certainly talk about how this is a valid concern for any 10 year old in the state of SD, not because the scenario played out, but because if it did, she would, indeed, have to leave the state to get help.  I can't imagine being a 10 year old girl in that position.  Whether the scenario has played out or not and arguing about that seems very "LOOK!!!!  SQUIRREL!!!!!!" to me.  

Typical leftist mentality.  Our fake news inciting violence is ok.  

Its not surprising a story like this is difficult to check (per the article) --a 10 year old getting raped could be within family where not wanting info out would be expected  --I really hope its not true 

Sure, it's fine to talk about hypotheticals in a logical argument like this.  However, this wasn't an argument, this was an appeal to pure emotion (and largely circumvents logical thinking due to the horrific nature of this situation).  

Its not surprising a story like this is difficult to check (per the article) --a 10 year old getting raped could be within family where not wanting info out would be expected  --I really hope its not true 
Me too.  If nothing else I'd really hope to hear of an investigation and arrest.  I haven't heard of any police agency talk about looking for a perpetrator here, though.  I'm positive that any cop in Ohio would be keenly interested in catching someone who'd do this.

He`s using a fake story to condone a true story (harassing a supreme court justice and his family out in public) , things are getting so weird by the day 

Sure, it's fine to talk about hypotheticals in a logical argument like this.  However, this wasn't an argument, this was an appeal to pure emotion (and largely circumvents logical thinking due to the horrific nature of this situation).  
Well yeah....that's what politics are in this country.  It's why I try to take the individual out of the equation and look at the arguments they are making or the situation they are talking about.  Of course with some, it's 100% personal nonsense at all times with broadly gross generalizations, so IF that gets a response it's pretty much going to be snark OR a question specific to the event/circumstance.  And oddly enough, I get more responses from those people when I give them snark....they rarely engage on the actual event/circumstance.

To the scenario where a state would put a 10 year old in that situation, I simply can't imagine what I would do....as a parent or as the little girl.  It makes me sick just thinking about it.

Typical leftist mentality.  Our fake news inciting violence is ok.  
I don't consume the garbage this country produces in the "media".  I've told you guys a billion times it would be wise for you to not consume it either.  I have ZERO idea how the story goes or what it was and I don't really care because it's immaterial to the reality of how the law would work IF it happened.  It could be completely fabricated or 100% true and it wouldn't make a single iota of difference to the laws.

I think the media in this country sucks....across the board.....so we're on the same page as uneasy and earth shattering as that will likely be for you.  I'm sure you'll find some sort of personal gross generalization to make in order to avoid acknowledging that we agree on at least PART of the media and just keep arguing.

The Commish said:

No.  10 year olds shouldn't be thinking about this at all.   Sheesh.

The Commish said:
To the scenario where a state would put a 10 year old in that situation, I simply can't imagine what I would do....as a parent or as the little girl.  It makes me sick just thinking about it.
Good news is that it's very unlikely this happened.

Antifa offering rewards for tips on the locations of Justices?  

Antifa targeting Justices

Can we stop with the lies about what peaceful protesting is...right now it appears as long as there is not legit physical violence it is considered peaceful and even when there is it gets classified as "mostly peaceful"....what an embarrassment listening to KJP try to explain this...something really bad is gonna happen to one of these Justices and I think there are a lot of people totally OK with that happening.

something really bad is gonna happen to one of these Justices and I think there are a lot of people totally OK with that happening.

Disgusting how social media will blackout anyone who dares question Covid narratives, but this is allowed to go on. They clearly want it to happen.

So when these abortion, anti-supreme court protests result in violence, we are all onboard with holding Biden and Democrats culpable.  I can't wait for those hearings and to watch Democrats ignore subpoenas they now love so much. 

Disgusting how social media will blackout anyone who dares question Covid narratives, but this is allowed to go on. They clearly want it to happen.
Nonsense....there are millions and millions posting and reposting already debunked conspiracy theories all over social media TODAY.  Takes less than a second to find them.

So when these abortion, anti-supreme court protests result in violence, we are all onboard with holding Biden and Democrats culpable.  I can't wait for those hearings and to watch Democrats ignore subpoenas they now love so much. 
Given that you think the current committee is a clown show and reject it completely, why would you want to see a GOP version of that exact same thing?  Or are you saying that if the GOP version came to fruition you'd be in here lambasting their clown show too?  It's tough to "whatabout" when you form the other side of the coin you claim to loathe :shrug:  

Nonsense....there are millions and millions posting and reposting already debunked conspiracy theories all over social media TODAY.  Takes less than a second to find them.

Is Dr. Peter McCoullah allowed on Twitter? How about Dr. Robert Malone? These guys have been routinely silenced due to 'dangerous misinformation' but Twitter won't silence fanatics targeting SCOTUS Justices. Real talk.

Is Dr. Peter McCoullah allowed on Twitter? How about Dr. Robert Malone? These guys have been routinely silenced due to 'dangerous misinformation' but Twitter won't silence fanatics targeting SCOTUS Justices. Real talk.

When you're done shoving goalposts around and settle on a narrative, let me know...then we can talk.  

And to be CRYSTAL CLEAR.....WAY MORE should be done to those threatening SC Justices than just pulling them off twitter...it's baffling that "twitter privs" is even a top 50 concern with a scenario like that, but some of you are absolutely obsessed with social media, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

And to be CRYSTAL CLEAR.....WAY MORE should be done to those threatening SC Justices than just pulling them off twitter...it's baffling that "twitter privs" is even a top 50 concern with a scenario like that, but some of you are absolutely obsessed with social media, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
I agree and I doubt absolutely nothing is being done.  Id guess the FBI and other authorities are very much looking into any threats like this (at least I would hope so)

Agreed.  How many liberals are actually defending this behavior?  AOC and the squad? Anybody else?

I’m not in every thread, every day (thank god), so if there are a ton of folks in here defending this behavior, shame on them. 

Agreed.  How many liberals are actually defending this behavior?  AOC and the squad? Anybody else?

I’m not in every thread, every day (thank god), so if there are a ton of folks in here defending this behavior, shame on them. 
Being on the other side of the country, I don’t hear/read everything AOC says.  Is she really defending actual threats to Supreme Ct justices?  Or is she simply defending people who are peacefully exercising their 1st Amendment rights? 

Users who are viewing this thread