What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 14 (1 Viewer)

Well, here is where I sit on game day eve...

Winston/Elliott, Barkley, Samuels/Allen, Sutton, Ellington/Kelce/NYG

I am not confident in Ellington.  I see that the optimizer has tempered its expectations from those values early int he week.  But I only have $100 left and already downgraded my defense from where I wanted to be to afford this line up as it is...  Not excited about NYG, but I can live with them.   I could downgrade defense further to CLE possibly, but not sure about that either and the extra $300 doesn't get me much more in the way of WR.  14 hours til kickoff and still tinkering...

Well, here is where I sit on game day eve...

Winston/Elliott, Barkley, Samuels/Allen, Sutton, Ellington/Kelce/NYG

I am not confident in Ellington.  I see that the optimizer has tempered its expectations from those values early int he week.  But I only have $100 left and already downgraded my defense from where I wanted to be to afford this line up as it is...  Not excited about NYG, but I can live with them.   I could downgrade defense further to CLE possibly, but not sure about that either and the extra $300 doesn't get me much more in the way of WR.  14 hours til kickoff and still tinkering...
I completely revamped my Cash LU.  I can't pull the trigger on the NO/TB qbs, I decided I liked Jackson more than Samuels, and don't like Sutton this week.  I think I am glad I just have the 1 LU rolling:

Mahomes - Zeke/Ingram/Jackson - Adams/JuJu/Conley - Ebron - NYG.   Conley is a punt, and I am thinking about doing Ellington instead and dropping down in D.  

My league LU I went chalkier and have Rivers at QB.  

I completely revamped my Cash LU.  I can't pull the trigger on the NO/TB qbs, I decided I liked Jackson more than Samuels, and don't like Sutton this week.  I think I am glad I just have the 1 LU rolling:

Mahomes - Zeke/Ingram/Jackson - Adams/JuJu/Conley - Ebron - NYG.   Conley is a punt, and I am thinking about doing Ellington instead and dropping down in D.  

My league LU I went chalkier and have Rivers at QB.  
I was looking at him through the week as well.  Cheap.  Is Watkins out?  I decided to squeeze Kelce in my line up, so I doubt I will go with Conley.  I expect KC to be playing with a lead, so I am not sure I want to double up in that pass game.  Maybe that is reason to come down from Kelce and put the cash into a WR instead.  I still think Sutton has a good floor for cash.

Last week I gave you Pettis and he went off. This week I'm recommending Zay Jones and Lesean McCoy
Also like Zay Jones a lot after Bills let K. Benjamin go... still can’t pull the trigger on Shady, he’s burned me too many times.  Allen/Jones stack though, I’m in.

A GPP stack I like this week is Big Ben + V. McDonald + J. Cook.  Both teams give it up to the TE position and J. Cook is the best offensive weapon on OAK. 

I know 2 TE lineups are sometimes frowned on in GPP but it really makes the lineup unique I think, and this give you plenty of salary left to get 3 studs in the lineup.  Add two of the cheap RBs and you can load up at WR.  Go with 2 stud RBs, 1 stud WR, and you still have room for C. Godwin / Z. Jones range WR.

I was looking at him through the week as well.  Cheap.  Is Watkins out?  I decided to squeeze Kelce in my line up, so I doubt I will go with Conley.  I expect KC to be playing with a lead, so I am not sure I want to double up in that pass game.  Maybe that is reason to come down from Kelce and put the cash into a WR instead.  I still think Sutton has a good floor for cash.
When I looked, Watson was listed as Doubtful.  Conley is the one spot I am 50/50 with on the roster, but it's sub 5K, and he has 7 and 8 targets the last couple weeks without Watkins.  

Agree on Sutton's floor, it just didn't fit my LU.  The debate I was having was something like JuJu/Conley or Sutton/Cooper.  

A GPP stack I like this week is Big Ben + V. McDonald + J. Cook.  Both teams give it up to the TE position and J. Cook is the best offensive weapon on OAK. 

I know 2 TE lineups are sometimes frowned on in GPP but it really makes the lineup unique I think, and this give you plenty of salary left to get 3 studs in the lineup.  Add two of the cheap RBs and you can load up at WR.  Go with 2 stud RBs, 1 stud WR, and you still have room for C. Godwin / Z. Jones range WR.
I like the idea.  I thought of it for a couple spots, but couldn't pull the trigger this week.  Something kept pulling me to Ridley in my couple gpp LUs at that low 6K range, and Z.Jones in the low 5Ks, so didn't put that 2nd TE in.  I think I had a LU in with Ebron and Gronk for a little bit, and hope it works out for you!.  

Also, 0 mention in Dodds' articles about the NO/TB game and people seem to still be loading up on that game and the passing attacks.  Dammit, I never get weather right when I react to in in NFL.  

HTF did I miss the OBJ not playing news?  
Got you topped.  Was in a restaurant last night and insisted on staying to watch the overtime of the Colts/Texans games after watching Colts come from down 18 points to tie the game (sound as off).  GF asked me why they were playing on a Saturday and I said they do that after the college season is over.  Checked my fantasy lineups and none of my Colts/Texans had any points.   :bag:

Got you topped.  Was in a restaurant last night and insisted on staying to watch the overtime of the Colts/Texans games after watching Colts come from down 18 points to tie the game (sound as off).  GF asked me why they were playing on a Saturday and I said they do that after the college season is over.  Checked my fantasy lineups and none of my Colts/Texans had any points.   :bag:
:lol:

HTF did I miss the OBJ not playing news?  
Yeah, Shepard is a nice price point, but with Barkley and NYG Def already in my line up, I didn't want to invest too much in the Giants.  I wouldn't mind jumping off Barkley to McCaffrey,  but I really can't afford that as I am trying to find $$$ to improve WR already.  I keep thinking I really need to get off Ellington if I can

GB missing 3 offensive linemen today...any chance the ATL defense is worth a shot?  I can't believe I just typed that...

Up about $12 between the sites this week.  

FD cash was 144 despite the Conley clunker.  

Best gpp was about 157, and that was just because of Dak/Cooper/JuJu/Adams.  I had a lot of turds in that one - Clev D, Edwards, Ertz, Jackson.    Oh well, a plus week is a plus week.  

Not a good week.  55 in 20 out in cash. won 1 4.44 ticket.  On the bright side the 250 contest is this week.

Oof!  $28 in $9 out.      LUs with Giants defense cashed, others not so much.

I had some Jaylen Samuels, but tried to continue paying up for stud RBs.  I ranked the big three:  1. Barkley - 2. Zeke -  3. McCaffrey, which meant I had very little McCaffrey once I started shifting money to other positions.   Went way too heavy on Kamara,  Sutton, and Godwin.

Naturally, my best LU turned out to be my "initial stab" lineup ( manual build pre-podcasts, no optimizer tools ) which scored 150.24, thanks mostly to Amari Cooper and Ian Thomas, both of whom I proceeded to fade in all my subsequent builds.   :bag:    

Not sure what lessons to take away from this week.   It's so chalky out there.

Oof!  $28 in $9 out.      LUs with Giants defense cashed, others not so much.

I had some Jaylen Samuels, but tried to continue paying up for stud RBs.  I ranked the big three:  1. Barkley - 2. Zeke -  3. McCaffrey, which meant I had very little McCaffrey once I started shifting money to other positions.   Went way too heavy on Kamara,  Sutton, and Godwin.

Naturally, my best LU turned out to be my "initial stab" lineup ( manual build pre-podcasts, no optimizer tools ) which scored 150.24, thanks mostly to Amari Cooper and Ian Thomas, both of whom I proceeded to fade in all my subsequent builds.   :bag:    

Not sure what lessons to take away from this week.   It's so chalky out there.
It's chalky for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread